·
Registered
4,014 Posts
^^^There you go

Reactions: Karch

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
While this may be difficult to understand; the desired horsepower is related to the camshafts lobe lift, multiplied by the required rocker arm ratio to fulfill %VE.

if the OP desires to increase horsepower, then he must first increase the camshafts lobe lift.

Finally, it is much more optimum to increase area under the curve via the camshaft lobe, than it is to simply attempt the above via a change of rocker arm ratio.

Cheers

·
Registered
284 Posts
i done the 1.8RR on my LS2 as a first round mod after exhaust and intake and they maby made 5-10hp (i was n/a tho) so for the money not worth it IMO

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
i done the 1.8RR on my LS2 as a first round mod after exhaust and intake and they maby made 5-10hp (i was n/a tho) so for the money not worth it IMO
Thanks for the input, and it really doesn’t surprise me.

Rocker arm ratio is important, as it relates to volumetric efficiency.

But you first must have the correct camshaft lobe, which includes lobe height, acceleration rate as well as area under the curve.

The area under the curve must generate a valve motion, which meets the demands of the piston motion at every degree of crankshaft rotation. And of course the cylinder heads must also meet that same demand.

If the above is not correct, then changing rocker arm ratios might have some affect as you have pointed out, but everything I discussed above related to the camshaft lobe is much more important.

If the lobe lift is restricted because of insufficient camshaft core diameter, then you have nothing left but to move on to extremely high rocker arm ratios.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.