Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've read conflicting info on top speed for A6. I know the stock tune limits top speed via not allowing shift into 6th at full throttle. If you remove that limitation, I think I've read that 198 is where it tops out. This vid seems to reinforce that as being pretty accurate.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
As Karch said remove the limmiter and your just fighting physics, but it's not recommend to spin the output shaft that fast on an A6. Just no guarantee how long it will hold up. Guess that's with anything modded.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No.
Once the weather break, I'll b making a video 0-200mph

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
No.
Once the weather break, I'll b making a video 0-200mph

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Be sure to secure the shit out of your front plastics.

·
Premium Member
17,321 Posts
Read the comments - seems the original vid is fake? The fact that boost and temp gauges arent moving seems wrong to me.

And the sound isnt right for a V.

And the trans shifts WAAY too good for a 6L90E auto!!

Plus its way too slow. I need to do a quick pull to 150-160 and see how it compares. My V *might* be capable of 195-200mph and this one def accelerated way slower than mine at speeds from 80 to about 150.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Wait did that thing hit 7k with no limmiter? No reason to rev a stock cam/ value train that high.

·
Registered
341 Posts
What were your IAT2's hitting? if you had those recorded.

And, so that first video was actually fake?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Imagine if you could cruise at that speed rather than debate whether the video is authentic or not. The V-series from Cadillac were designed to compete with MB's AMG, Audi's RS and BMW's M. The 3 German tuners were created back in the 70s and 80s because upstanding German burghers and other law abiding citizens around Europe wanted some pimento with their bland sedans and the tuners obliged. Europe is the land of grand touring and there was a real need for these tuned cars because it meant that you could wake up in Munchen and be in Monaco tucking into a delicious plate of bouillabaisse at dinner - and crossed through 3 countries to get to the fourth. Don't you want to take your CTS-V to Europe and experiencing driving in Germany at speeds you can only dream here in the USA? Ponder what it means to drain a gas tank in 90 mins because obviously when cruising at 270 kph (168 mph) that is what happens. Feel the liberation from overbearing cops, distracted drivers, shoddily maintained highways that you can only experience in Germany and throughout Europe. Look at the video on the VeloceTours website since I cannot post the link here

·
Registered
60 Posts
First video has to be a fake. It sounded nothing like a V and as noted above the temp and boost gauges weren’t even working.

·
Premium Member
17,321 Posts
Imagine if you could cruise at that speed rather than debate whether the video is authentic or not. The V-series from Cadillac were designed to compete with MB's AMG, Audi's RS and BMW's M. The 3 German tuners were created back in the 70s and 80s because upstanding German burghers and other law abiding citizens around Europe wanted some pimento with their bland sedans and the tuners obliged. Europe is the land of grand touring and there was a real need for these tuned cars because it meant that you could wake up in Munchen and be in Monaco tucking into a delicious plate of bouillabaisse at dinner - and crossed through 3 countries to get to the fourth. Don't you want to take your CTS-V to Europe and experiencing driving in Germany at speeds you can only dream here in the USA? Ponder what it means to drain a gas tank in 90 mins because obviously when cruising at 270 kph (168 mph) that is what happens. Feel the liberation from overbearing cops, distracted drivers, shoddily maintained highways that you can only experience in Germany and throughout Europe. Look at the video on the VeloceTours website since I cannot post the link here
A) In Texas we call those distances "Driving from Harris County to Tarrant County.
B) We drive that fast here ANYway.
C) Roads in Texas are fairly good - can't say "Autobahn" quality as I don't know all the details. I just know when they build a new road here, they lay an asphalt foundation, then about 12-14 inches of concrete on top. It gets a broom finish with water grooves, so it's among the grippiest and safest roads you can drive on. Now a deer or farm truck might pull out at any time lol!! But that's Texas.
D) You can drain your gas tank in Texas 6 to 10 times and still be in Texas...it's ~1000 miles across the state.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
That sounds good until you hit a roadblock at 195mph set up by some of Merkel's migrants. If you hit a migrant...GTA MFKA! 10 POINTS!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts