Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Should I need to bleed my HX periodically?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  04chase 
#1 ·
I've got about 400 miles on my build and decided to bleed the HX system just to see whether it had any air. Well, it definitely did and I ended up adding about a pint of fluid to top off the system after getting the air out.

Is it normal for air to creep into the system and to need to re-bleed temporarily? It's possible I didn't bleed it 100% the first time. I'm not sure.

So, should the HX system be set-and-forget, or should I plan to bleed it each week and before track days?

Thanks!

#3 ·
You didn't get all the air out the first time.

Otherwise you'd have a puddle on the garage floor.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
It can burp out fluid through the stock tee though. Once it hits the pressure of the cap, the fluid can get out through the stock drain line. When I went to bleed it, the most productive thing was unscrewing the pressure cap on the tee. The fluid in the tee instantly disappeared into the system and a bunch of air came out of the bleeder line for my track attack, which I had opened. That's when I added fluid. One thing I did notice was that once I bled it completely, there was no more sound of running water in the system (with the motor off and the pump running).

#6 ·
How do you bleed the system? I recently added a NorCal to my cooling and am not noticing any cooler temps, which could be from air in lines and fluid not fully circulating. Anyone have any pics on how to or a link to a thread?

#7 ·
The norcal won't get you any cooler Temps without adding ice. It will only make it take longer to heat up and cool down with added capacity

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.