How to delete Rear o2 Sensors in HP Tuners?
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Sonicyeller
  • 2 Post By adam112
  • 1 Post By Stealth8
  • 1 Post By adam112
  • 2 Post By Stealth8

Thread: How to delete Rear o2 Sensors in HP Tuners?

How to delete Rear o2 Sensors in HP Tuners?

I don't have any Rear o2 Sensors since I just installed a new exhaust system and I had my car tuned and figured the tuner would delete the rear o2's but come to find out he didn't. I found out because the check engine light came on. I was hoping someone could point me into the right direction if there is a post on here about this that explains every step I need to do to delete the rear o2 sensors in HP Tuners. If there isn't a post on it here maybe someone could give me the advice I need to do so. Thanks.

So far I went into the DTC's and everything that has Sensor 2 I made No Error Reported. Then I went into Exhaust and Disabled Post O2 Test and Catalyst Test. I also found in Fuel, Temperature control, COT and set that to Disable.
    Last edited by Stealth8; 09-09-2019 at 12:17 PM.

I mean this might sound like the obvious answer... but you said the check engine light was on. Why not read the DTC set with VCM scanner and then you'll know what to disable in the tune?
    Stealth8 likes this.
    - 2011 RSM CTS-V Sedan / Man Pedal
    Stage 1:
    577 RWHP - 553 RWTQ / 12.5 @ 117.5 (8300ft DA)
    - Airaid CAI w/Green Filter, Brake Duct Ram Air, VMAX Ported TB, TR7IX Plugs, Gutted Primary Cats, Custom Mid-Pipe w/Secondary Cat Deletes, 2.55 Upper, WXM T/A HX, Self-Tuned
    Stage 1.25:
    617 RWHP - 598RWTQ (67% E) / 11.92 @ 120 (7500ft DA) / Corrected to 0 DA = 11.0 @ 129
    - ID850s, DSteck E85 Sensor, AEM WBO2, 305/35R19 MT ET Street S/S, Self-Tuned
    Stage 1.5?
    668 RWHP - 675 RWTQ (60% E) / 11.65 @ 122 (7650ft DA) / Corrected to 0 DA = 10.6 @ 133
    - Powerbond 8.66 Lower, LFP Underhood Tank, Varimax, Hoosier 28" on 17x10 Welds, Self-Tuned

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

send me an email and Ill send a tune with them off...need to turn off the heater circuit codes too.
    Stealth8 and subaru335i like this.
    Build Thread for the Madallac

Open and Shut - A Tranny Story (TR6060 Teardown and Rebuild)

JRi Coilovers

’09 Sedan Black on Black Recaros 6MT
    Forged HED LSA 10:1 GP 2.5 Ported LSA Heads/TVS1900 Johnson 2110s 2.70/9.55 Pulleys D3 Intake Lid Spacer SW 2”/Catless/Magnaflow Resonators/Corsa Spt DIY Flex Setup ID1300Xs DW300Cs + Walbro 297 Map Ref Aux
    Low Mount D3 HX and Pump -10 Setrab Oil Cooler Diff Cooler Lowered on JRIs Subframe Reinforcement Front and Rear D3 Sway Bars Core Shifter Mantic Twin Disc Clutch Swapped/Widened Sedan Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicyeller View Post
    I mean this might sound like the obvious answer... but you said the check engine light was on. Why not read the DTC set with VCM scanner and then you'll know what to disable in the tune?
    Thanks for your input. I'm new to this and I just ordered the new HP Tuners. I should be good with what I said I already did above so far.

Quote Originally Posted by adam112 View Post
    send me an email and Ill send a tune with them off...need to turn off the heater circuit codes too.
    Thanks again adam for always helping us newbs out. I think those are in the same place as the rest in the DTC's. Like I said I made everything that has to do with the rear o2 Sensors = Sensor 2 to No Error Reported and also unchecked the SES. I should have my new HP Tuners tomorrow so I'll be working on this. Also, I have to adjust the place for the new 90 mm Ported Throttle Body I put on the car before the tune as well. Seems he missed that also. The thing I don't get is why don't the tuners just ask beforehand what if anything you have done to the car so they know what they need to make sure to dial in when they are about to tune them? Thanks again Adam for the help and I always see you trying to help others if you can.
    adam112 likes this.

I was going to post them here, but dang there are a bunch!

email inbound
    Stealth8 likes this.
    Build Thread for the Madallac

Open and Shut - A Tranny Story (TR6060 Teardown and Rebuild)

JRi Coilovers

’09 Sedan Black on Black Recaros 6MT
    Forged HED LSA 10:1 GP 2.5 Ported LSA Heads/TVS1900 Johnson 2110s 2.70/9.55 Pulleys D3 Intake Lid Spacer SW 2”/Catless/Magnaflow Resonators/Corsa Spt DIY Flex Setup ID1300Xs DW300Cs + Walbro 297 Map Ref Aux
    Low Mount D3 HX and Pump -10 Setrab Oil Cooler Diff Cooler Lowered on JRIs Subframe Reinforcement Front and Rear D3 Sway Bars Core Shifter Mantic Twin Disc Clutch Swapped/Widened Sedan Wheels

Update. I got HPTuners and got everything up and running and made the necessary changes. No more check engine light. Come to find out the tuner forgot only 3 places to uncheck and set right for the rear o2 sensors. He had everything else done for them. Also, I had to change the setting for ETC area scaler because it was still at the OEM throttle body. I added the new 90mm Ported throttle body and he didn't make those changes. Thanks to those who tried to help. Have a great weekend.
    Blades1_99 and adam112 like this.

Sponsored Links