Just FYI for the new SC
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Just FYI for the new SC

Just FYI for the new SC

Didn't see this posted but GM issued an new PI on the 11'th regarding the new SC's used in the 14's and in replacements. Guess there was some logic to the spring loaded iso. So if anyone is getting this noise it "normal" again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84...it?usp=sharing

Thanks
    2009 6MT - 708hp E63CORN-634hp/637tq 93 octane - stock cam-- 2.5/91 - ported blower/snout/90mm LS7 Mamo TB - Track Attack HX - Norcal Ice box - FIC 1000 - JMS BAP- Dsteck FF - MM catch can - ZL1 lid - AirAid Green Filter - pocket protector/side swipe-Kooks 1 7/8 Headers - 22in resonators - SW catback

Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Third Times A Charm
    Anyone that gets one should be doing a solid isolator right out of the gate, imo.
    MYV likes this.

• 05' Light Platinum (Sold) • 09' Black Raven A6 FBO+ (Sold) • 10' White Diamond A6 700+WHP (sold) • 2017 Ford Raptor • Ducati 1299s •

That's what I did. Got a brand new SC 2 weeks ago and put a solid isolator in it.
    MYV likes this.
    2009 6MT - 708hp E63CORN-634hp/637tq 93 octane - stock cam-- 2.5/91 - ported blower/snout/90mm LS7 Mamo TB - Track Attack HX - Norcal Ice box - FIC 1000 - JMS BAP- Dsteck FF - MM catch can - ZL1 lid - AirAid Green Filter - pocket protector/side swipe-Kooks 1 7/8 Headers - 22in resonators - SW catback

So if I read that correctly this is a "no fix" if the S/C has already been replaced?
    Must. Resist. The darkside of the CTSVowners forum members with cool mods. Shopping for SPF 40 mod bug repellent.
    '13 Diamond White Stabbin' Wagon | Auto | titanium guts | baldy roof | gloss black 3m vinyl roof | brushed black 3m vinyl wrapped chrome trim | Xpel Ultimate | KPE axle back and carbon fibre splitter | Airaid | Eibach Pro Kit | LED's errwhere | Shoes: 20" TSW Bathurst custom powdercoated wrapped in Hankook V12 | If you're in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area be sure to check us out at Sucka Free AZ CTSV group on FB.

Dick Pickles
    Quote Originally Posted by strtwyz View Post
    So if I read that correctly this is a "no fix" if the S/C has already been replaced?
    Solid isolator is the one and only fix.
    '11 CTS-V Wagon M6 Loaded, hardtop
    '18 Jeep Trackhawk Velvet Red(all the goodies!)

So the solid isolator in the new SC has not fixed the rattle issue!? Are you saying you put a solid isolator in your brand new supercharger that already had one in it?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pepn3385 View Post
    So the solid isolator in the new SC has not fixed the rattle issue!? Are you saying you put a solid isolator in your brand new supercharger that already had one in it?
    I think it's a different "noise"......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Factory isolator was spring loaded to prevent one noise, but created another they thought wasn't as bad. When people (or GM) have it replaced with a solid isolator, the noise GM was trying to avoid appears. There was a GM engineer on one of the forums discussing this a while ago.

Tim
    2013 CTS-V Sedan, Stealth Blue, M6
    2007 Saab 9-7X, 406ci LSA, Whipple, 6L80E
    2004 Honda S2000, old dyno: 443 whp 363 ft-lb
    1995 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34, 322 whp 349 ft-lb

Dick Pickles
    Every Lingenfelter solid isolator I have installed, has remained silent. I attempted to install one Metco that was too tight. I clearance the holes a little and installed. It rattled like hell because I clearanced the holes just a cunt hair too much. I pulled it back out, installed a Ling Iso, and it's been silent ever since. And every car I've installed these on are driven hard on the street and the track. Even the new GM solid isolators make a "noise".
    Stephenti likes this.
    '11 CTS-V Wagon M6 Loaded, hardtop
    '18 Jeep Trackhawk Velvet Red(all the goodies!)

Quote Originally Posted by pepn3385 View Post
    Yep. Put a LPE solid isolator in. Had the snout off anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    I think it's a different "noise"......
    Yep it is a different noise. It only happens under light load conditions and is vary brief. If I put mine in gear (D) hold the brake and raise the RPM to 800-900 I can hear the gear nose from the rotor pack. But shit how many of us see 800-900 RPM for more then .10 seconds!
    Last edited by ASteggall; 11-19-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASteggall View Post
    Yep it is a different noise. It only happens under light load conditions and is vary brief. If I put mine in gear (D) hold the brake and raise the RPM to 800-900 I can hear the gear nose from the rotor pack. But shit how many of us see 800-900 RPM for more then .10 seconds!
    ah so that explains the noise i was hearing that wasn't there before the dealer installed the replacement.
    Red 2011 CTS-V Sedan
    SW Catback + Airade Intake + Ported TB + TrackAttack + ZL1 Lid

Red Convertible 00' Mustang GT
    03 Cobra Swap | VMP TVS + GT500 TB | 26 Spline T56 | JLT HB | FTBR IRS | MM C/O 325/475 | Lethal Return Dual 465s
    Pump 91: 584/533 - 16psi | E85: 646/605 - 20psi (Belt Slip)

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    ah so that explains the noise i was hearing that wasn't there before the dealer installed the replacement.
    Oh thank the Lord... I just had mine replaced and this noise was driving me nuts. I thought something broke while it was in for service. It sounds like a loose heat shield rattling.
    Last edited by flajax; 12-27-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Yup, just had mine replaced about two weeks ago as well... Over the past couple days the car has had what sounds like a faint exhaust rattle right at 900rpms (trans in D and foot on the brake), only with the trans in D this will happen, in P you don't hear it at all,...

Just to try and clarify, a solid isolator from say LF will take this "new" rattle noise away?

Quote Originally Posted by Sin3r View Post
    Yup, just had mine replaced about two weeks ago as well... Over the past couple days the car has had what sounds like a faint exhaust rattle right at 900rpms (trans in D and foot on the brake), only with the trans in D this will happen, in P you don't hear it at all,...

Just to try and clarify, a solid isolator from say LF will take this "new" rattle noise away?
    No. Your new SC already has the solid isolator.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Ok, that's what I thought.. Then what's the fix for this "new" noise? I've had the car for roughly a month now, is this just something I need to live with, cause it's annoying but not the end of the world.. Maybe I actually do have an exhaust rattle, lol...at least that's what I want to tell myself..this issue is probably just as annoying as the rear brakes that keep squeeling this ear piercing high pitched whine right as I come to a stop, ugh..

Yep. Put a LPE solid isolator in. Had the snout off anyway.
    Sooo.. You put another isolator in yours too, that came with a solid isolator??? I'm confused...

The new SC from GM has a solid isolator and is the exact isolator that LPE sales now.

Got it...

Hmmm, I wonder if this bolt should be almost falling out..smh

Also.. Seems like the noise is coming from the belt tensioner.. Had someone sit in the car and hold the rpm for me while I listened, the noise is VERY audible when up close...did the old screwdriver trick and put my eat to it..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just FYI for the new SC-image.jpg  
    Last edited by Sin3r; 01-04-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin3r View Post
    Got it...

Hmmm, I wonder if this bolt should be almost falling out..smh
    There is ONE good tech I know, and he's on this forum and prolly doesn't work at a dealership anymore LOL!
    CTS-V: Celebrating 3 generations of N.F.G.

Because groceries deserve LS power, too!

So I just had my SC replaced ('11 M6 sedan) and I'm getting the rattle in the 700-900 rpm range. If I were to change the isolator in the new SC with the LPE isolator will it fix the noise? The original SC sounded a lot better (although I know the rattle at idle could've lead to failure on that one)...it's annoying for sure

harmonics. if you have stock pulley on it switch to an overdrive. you'll shift that gear noise below normal operating range and it'll be "silent" from here on out

Quote Originally Posted by fubar569 View Post
    harmonics. if you have stock pulley on it switch to an overdrive. you'll shift that gear noise below normal operating range and it'll be "silent" from here on out
    ^^^This. An ISO change will not change the harmonics of the new SC. A pulley swap will.

Super Moderator
    Add an upper,lower,cam and headers and you won't pay attention to any silly noises

679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

I'm having a new super charger installed in the morning. Dealer said all my bearings were shot as well. Good to know I can expect a new noise.

Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    Add an upper,lower,cam and headers and you won't pay attention to any silly noises

You forgot the kicking and screaming hooker in the trunk.

got my new SC installed today... perfectly quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by sbradle4 View Post
    got my new SC installed today... perfectly quiet.
    Not for long
    Red 2011 CTS-V Sedan
    SW Catback + Airade Intake + Ported TB + TrackAttack + ZL1 Lid

Red Convertible 00' Mustang GT
    03 Cobra Swap | VMP TVS + GT500 TB | 26 Spline T56 | JLT HB | FTBR IRS | MM C/O 325/475 | Lethal Return Dual 465s
    Pump 91: 584/533 - 16psi | E85: 646/605 - 20psi (Belt Slip)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links