Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Black stock size lug nuts

14K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  RobF300 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just bought some black chrome PVD stock wheels, where can I find the black Stock size lug nuts? I bought a set off ebay but they are designed for the smaller lug holes of the Camaro wheels. I'm looking for black stock replacements,thx.

#2 ·
i have some on my car.. i'll do some digging on where i got them.. i'm thinking ebay or gorilla. where are you located btw? were you at the thomasville meet?

Reactions: SouthGaV
#3 ·
Like the 14x1.5 thread? Or places to buy them?

#4 ·
Hey Ballzee, yes I was at the Thomasville meet with the white V. I bought the 14mm x 1.5 black lugs off ebay that I saw in a post using the search but they are very slim in comparison to the stock size lugs. And the lug fits the studs of course but they look too small for the stock wheels. They actually don't seem to have the correct base width to secure the wheel properly. After looking at aftermarket wheels for the V I see why they are this size but for the stockers they don't seem to be what I should be using.

#6 ·
Our "chrome" lug nuts are just press fit aluminum sleeves on open end plain ass lug nuts. Previous owner fuckered mine up a bit. Had 2 where the press fit portion just spun on the actual lug nut. I had to cut an X in the face of the lug nuts and use a flat head to split the sleeves all the way to the base while they were on the wheels without scratching the wheels.... got some black ones on there now I dig the look.

#7 ·
14x1.5mm thread, 1.5" long "XL" acorn style gorilla lugs on ebay.

Base needs to be 30mm in diameter for stock sizes (aftermarket are ~22mm Diam cone). Both are 60* taper. Read carefully.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Thanks guys, it looks like I'm gonna grab the Gorillas in stock size.

#14 ·
It says those aren't compatible with a CTSV. I did find the Gorilla ones for $64 without locks (not needed and something else to cause a problem later) on ebay.

#16 · (Edited)
#19 · (Edited)
Those ones i listed look just like the factory size they are 7/8" heads they fit perfect on stock wheels! It dont list Caddy's because it a dodge dealer selling them but if you look at both listing here you see they fit the dodge and caddy wheel.
The part # is 66148BDX listed also got to Gorilla's website and you can see the sizes i think the ebay guy got the lugs and socket sizes confused!

#20 · (Edited)
Gorilla's are the ones I went with. The only thing is on the front's they will stick out some past the wheel. They are fine on the rears.

#21 ·
I just bought some new wheels from Discount Tire. They sold me the splined Gorilla nuts with the wheels. They originally sent the wrong color lug nuts with my wheels. Chrome instead of black, for my black wheels. They only charge $35 for a set of them and they come in sets of 24. I seem to recall it was 2 bags of 12, So I have spares. They finally sent me the correct ones (black, so rather than returning the wrong chrome ones, I just paid another $35 for them, as like many others, my stockers were toast. I think the previous owner used visegrips to remove and install them. LOVE the spline, although you need to keep the tool in your car (I have 2 now, as 1 tool comes with each set).

#24 ·
I should have gotten them on Ebay but I was too quick on the draw and ordered from amazon, oh well. They should be at my house today.

kinda annoyed the fronts will stick out more than the rears though as I thought they were the same size and length as OEM. Gorilla told me on the phone the black ones the dealer sells are made by them so I assumed they were the same size.

#26 ·
Part 66148BDX:

Virtually identical to OEM (they are even sleeved). Will pull an OEM lug tomorrow for pics:

(Tuner lug is on the right for comparison)

#28 · (Edited)
Boom.

Excuse the purple sharpie...

On OEM wheels vs stock:
Fronts stick out slightly more...

Rears are perfect.

#29 ·
Beat me to it Random. Yep they stick out right around .268"

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Rim Auto part

#32 ·
I just wanted to update this thread by reminding everyone how awesome I am....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.