Wife is car shopping.
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Wife is car shopping.

Wife is car shopping.

She goes 20 miles down the road to a Volvo, Porsche, Aston Martin and Maserati dealership. Yes, they sell all of those in the same location.
    My wife was looking at the volvos and she mentioned I needed "power," so the salesman asked what I drove.

She told him i had a CTS V V Wagon.

He's like "The Blue One? I've seen that car - it's awesome! "

Lol.

Turns out he lives near us and has seen my Wagon around town. I was proud to get honorable mention given the cool cars he walks past every day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sounds like you should drive past the dealership once you're all buttoned up and perform an obligatory burnout.

Yeah, we're not buying a Volvo and I cant afford an Aston - so even if they ban me from the parking lot it would totally be worth it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

#doctorproblems
    random84 likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SHE'S FOR SALE: 2009 CTS-V, Airaid w/ Green, 102mm TB, milled ZL1 lid w/ ported fittings and reinforced brick, Vadder "black" Destroyer HX, Varimax pump, ID850's, 2" SW Headers, WCCH 2.5 heads, GP Tuning's "2.5" cam, Johnson 2110's, C5R chain, Straub Trunions, WCCH Ported SC w/ a 2.45, ATI pulley w/ a lingenfelter 8.6 lower, Fully forged motor with forged Callies rods and Wiseco pistons. 5K fogs, Powder coated wheels, Slotted R1 rotors, black Gorilla lugs, MT ET Street SS's, and a PAC Nav Unlock.

#Taycan
    subaru335i likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyDreamin View Post
    #Taycan
    I'd like to think TriTexan and I could still be friends...

We're keeping the Lincoln Aviator as our #1 until proven otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by random84 View Post

Grand Touring plug in hybrid? Seems those haven't hit dealer lots yet.

In before cvp tries to steer you towards a Palisade.
    Unavowed and Karch like this.
    2011 CTS-V
    Airaid, 2.45 Griptec, ARH 1-7/8 LT w/cats, ID1050x, DSX Flexfuel, ZL1 lid, LPE HX w/fans, Varimax, Underhood tank, Mamo ported TB, MM wild catch can, Pat G tune.

2018 Denali HD Duramax
    445 hp 910 tq stock

Doh..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wife is car shopping.-screenshot_20190911-222450_youtube.jpg  
    subaru335i and cvp33 like this.

Side conversation - what's the deal on Tri? I never saw where/why he went.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    2011 BDE A6 Coupe - APR Splitter, QTP Cutouts
    11.804 @ 118.54 mph at 2019 Cadillac Attack
    - Central FL -
    Bonkers for the Bulls & Raving for the Rays

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    Grand Touring plug in hybrid? Seems those haven't hit dealer lots yet.
    We don't really have an interest in the hybrid beyond the extra 100 HP, even then the cost delta is YUGE. Something like $15-20k for the hybrid option - and it's not something we would notice or care about during the daily commute since the range on full EV is like 16 miles. The wife would rather have a higher trim level and I'd rather she get boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart_CHP View Post

He took a break a year ago, I think relating to the Investing thread or just the drama of people being dickheads here on the forum; he took a break and never came back. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wagon sold locally and he's waiting on a Tesla.

Quote Originally Posted by papi View Post
    In before cvp tries to steer you towards a Palisade.
    i think they are all sideways in the container ship off the coast of Georgia so maybe he has a collector on his hands lol

I dont think the volvo SUV is all that bad, it looks decent enough
    Hotrod-Realtor and cvp33 like this.

2014 Phantom Grey sedan lots of mods

Doh..
    I think that ranking is pretty good. The Aviator honestly looks awesome. Interior, exterior, drivetrain etc they nailed it and Im not normally a Ford guy.

The Palisade/Telluride is cheaper than the rest on that list so I would say its still respectable. If I had any use for a 3 row SUV it would be in the running but the drivetrain is just so blah.

The aviator with 400hp ecoboost would be a lot more fun to drive and just overall looks nicer in/out. But fully speced it seems to be almost double the $$ over the Palisade/Telluride which is significant.

Although with the new Defender just announced, if I was spending Aviator money and the wife wanted an SUV I might have to convince her to get the LR Defender 110.
    2012 CTS-V Sedan 6MT - Triple black - 2.5" upper pulley, Magnaflow exhaust, Airaid Intake, Fluidyne HX

2014 Porsche 911 PDK - Dark Blue Metallic over 2 tone black/tan leather

2001 Honda S2000 - Grand Prix White over Red - 9000 rpm yo!

jrV

It's obviously because I photoshopped the face of @Unavowed and enahanced abs onto Tri's body in his triathlon picture. He's busy with plastic surgery and working out to obtain the goals I set out for him.
    Wrecked Em, random84 and Unavowed like this.
    - 2011 TGC Sedan | A6 | Recaro's | Ultraview | Suede

- Mods : AIRAID | Mamo Ported TB | DSX Flex Fuel Kit/Filter/Aux Fuel Pump Kit | ZL1 Lid | Fluidyne T-Rex HX | Varimax HX pump | Kook's Headers w/green cats | B&B axleback | 2.4" upper | ID1300's | Lt1z stg 2.5 cam | Pat G Tuned
    - WTB/To-Do: Ported TFS Heads | Ported blower/snout/102mmTB | Weld RT-S S71's and DR's

Quote Originally Posted by jrV View Post
    It's obviously because I photoshopped the face of @Unavowed and enahanced abs onto Tri's body in his triathlon picture. He's busy with plastic surgery and working out to obtain the goals I set out for him.
    That may have been my favorite day on the internet ever.
    jrV and SimplyDreamin like this.

Everything that I've read about Range Rover Land Rover over the last 30 years tells me they are heaping piles of shit that I would never own. They seem to be the Maserati of SUVs; pretty to look at, a nightmare to own.
    m13s and V_Wagon like this.

Did someone say boobs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything that I've read about Range Rover Land Rover over the last 30 years tells me they are heaping piles of shit that I would never own. They seem to be the Maserati of SUVs; pretty to look at, a nightmare to own.
    In my Marketing class too many years ago to count, they were used as the primary example of how effective marketing can counteract poor statistics for reliability and long term quality. I absolutely love the way the past several generations of Range Rovers look but could never get past hearing my professor rant on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy does Maserati have an SUV for you then!
    Unavowed and Wrecked Em like this.
    2018 Red Quartz Tintcoat GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Ultimate
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/3/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*

She goes 20 miles down the road to a Volvo, Porsche, Aston Martin and Maserati dealership. Yes, they sell all of those in the same location.
    My wife was looking at the volvos and she mentioned I needed "power," so the salesman asked what I drove.

She told him i had a CTS V V Wagon.

He's like "The Blue One? I've seen that car - it's awesome! "

Lol.

Turns out he lives near us and has seen my Wagon around town. I was proud to get honorable mention given the cool cars he walks past every day.

If he was a neighbor, you could back up to his house an do a smokey burn-out.. lol Another thing you're known for.. bhaha
    random84 likes this.
    Current Mods,,, Fully rebuilt stock bottom end w/upgraded TotalSeal rings, Precision 10355 oil pump, LSA WCCH Stage 2.5 heads with all supporting hardware, Lt1z 2.5 cam (love it!), johnson lifters, trunion upgrade, TM 90mm TB, ID1050x, 2.4/8.66 pulleys w/100mm idler, 2" TSP headers 3" xpipe to stock mufflers, ZL1 lid, all 3/4 & -12an lines, Underhood tank, Varimax pump, Fluidyne HX, McLeod RXT full ceramic twin disc w/steel flywheel, Creative Steel shifter and control arm bushings. 93 octane ONLY car.
    Have not made it to the track yet. Will update once I have times/numbers to post. Dyno update- 685/655 on 93, hot Fla day 90*, DA 2190.

Quote Originally Posted by wawazat View Post
    In my Marketing class too many years ago to count, they were used as the primary example of how effective marketing can counteract poor statistics for reliability and long term quality. I absolutely love the way the past several generations of Range Rovers look but could never get past hearing my professor rant on them.
    When you become a case study for B school, you're either on one end of the spectrum or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post
    Oh boy does Maserati have an SUV for you then!
    Amen.

This is where Tri went --> https://mobile.twitter.com/tritexan?lang=en

All in on Tesla.
    2011 CTS-V
    Airaid, 2.45 Griptec, ARH 1-7/8 LT w/cats, ID1050x, DSX Flexfuel, ZL1 lid, LPE HX w/fans, Varimax, Underhood tank, Mamo ported TB, MM wild catch can, Pat G tune.

2018 Denali HD Duramax
    445 hp 910 tq stock

All in on Tesla.
    aww, he gives us a shout out! Says he still has the wagon!
    Blades1_99 and SimplyDreamin like this.

When you become a case study for B school, you're either on one end of the spectrum or the other.

Amen.
    I would agree that in general Range Rover/Land Rover buyers are on the spectrum somewhere, but the Defender does look promising and I have only heard positive things about their reliability in general since like 2015.
    I still wouldn't be buyer of the first few model years but we will see.
    2012 CTS-V Sedan 6MT - Triple black - 2.5" upper pulley, Magnaflow exhaust, Airaid Intake, Fluidyne HX

2014 Porsche 911 PDK - Dark Blue Metallic over 2 tone black/tan leather

2001 Honda S2000 - Grand Prix White over Red - 9000 rpm yo!

All in on Tesla.
    I wonder how frustrated he is by the Twitter character limit. He has to split his essays up into 25-50 tweets.
    Slizzo, nbw123, ShelteredV and 2 others like this.
    2011 CTS-V Sedan - no longer stock
    2008 TBSS - bolt ons
    "Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to
    smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams." Mary Ellen Kelly

Zing!

Quote Originally Posted by db-guru View Post
    I wonder how frustrated he is by the Twitter character limit. He has to split his essays up into 25-50 tweets.
    his entire twitter career=3 posts on here
    nbw123 and ShelteredV like this.

Quote Originally Posted by db-guru View Post
    So he has a Model S on order. Good for him!

At first I thought he left the forum to avoid the drama, but hes ranting so much on that Twitter feed I'm thinking hes just moved on conceptually to the next platform to argue about.

Glad to see hes well, but twitter seems like a place where you just yell into an empty room all day?

Quote Originally Posted by RobF300 View Post
    i think they are all sideways in the container ship off the coast of Georgia so maybe he has a collector on his hands lol

I dont think the volvo SUV is all that bad, it looks decent enough
    1) Hyundai owns the ship that capsized. No Hyundais on board, but some Kia's, mostly other imports. Fucken' genius move by Hyundai, sink competing cars to the bottom of the Atlantic.

2) Volvo would be my choice if you really don't have a need for 3 rows or shoulder room. XC90 gives up 8" in leg room to the Palisade. Great vehicle for $60K......more than I wanted to spend.

3) Lincoln Aviator. Unbeatable for $70K. I've watched enough reviews to know that Lincoln has a winner. Not exactly sure how the Genesis SUV will be able to answer this one. Not a lot of headroom price wise between the Palisade at $47K and trying to have a high content Genesis undercut an awesome $70K Lincoln.

4) Hyundai has 2 winners (Telluride/Palisade) on their hands and unfortunately, like Popeye's Chicken, totally underestimated the sales. Both were estimated to sell 25K copies annually and are pacing north of 60K units each. Dealers are jacking vehicles in inventory $1K to $5K over MSRP and custom orders are now a 10 month wait time. You can't find a loaded Palisade AWD anywhere in the country below MSRP. I got lucky with mine for sure.
    Last edited by cvp33; 09-13-2019 at 04:50 PM.
    Blades1_99 likes this.
    ORANGEcrush

2019 Corvette Z06 2LZ
    M7 Competition Seats
    "I lived my life by one motto.......mottos are for losers" cvp33

Why is the Stinger such a fail? Got great reviews. I can count on three fingers the number I've seen on the road.
    cvp33 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links