Coupe w reacaros anyone w this issues?
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.

Coupe w reacaros anyone w this issues?

Like stated on top, i have a coupe w recaros, my problem is; the switch behind the pass seat dont work , it was working perfect, now it does not work. My driver seat rear release lever dont work at all . The seat wont lean to the front. Has Anyone adressed this before? Thanks

The manual handle/lever assy. is common to be hard to release. There is a service document to lube the pivots inside the seat back. I have done this several times.
    184.7mph in the Texas Mile, Spring 2014. Just an average 75 mile daily driver.

Please point me in the right direction!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Good post....I am having the same issue

Slo
    I thought mine wasn't working as well when i picked my 2011 a couple weeks ago, went to load up my little ones and the lever wasnt functioning. Eventually a little wrestling around with it got her working again and havent had an issue since.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    Good post....I am having the same issue
    Wow would you look at that you have nearly the same name as me. Obviously you been here longer, but I use this screen name for everything.

Regardless I feel if you post in the right section you would receive the proper exposure for the answers you are looking for. Ok this is contributing post #2 @Karch @larry arizona @harleypsd

The new recaros I bought had the issue of the lever being tough to pull on one and completely stuck on the other. Pulled the seat backs off (30s job as they just clip in), sprayed some penetrating lube on the points that the cables connect to down at the bottom of the seat back (base of the seat back on both the left and right sides). The cable connects to a lever on each side. I sprayed the lube at the base of the lever, at the pivot point. Worked the lever some and they loosened up to the point where they work really smooth and easy now. This looks to be regular maintenance every once and a while.

I had this problem but not anymore. A member shared the following.

The seat back needs to be removed to lubricate the pivot points. The handle is just a covering, You need pull the release further inside not on the cover. I will post details on the lubricating points below.

Subject: Driver or Passenger Seat Back Cushion Latch Release Handle High Effort or Hard to Move

Models: 2011-2013 Cadillac CTS Coupe

This PI is being revised to add the 2012 and 2013 model years . Please discard PI0539A.

The following information may be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom described in this PI.

Condition/Concern
    Some customers may comment that the handle used to allow the front seat to tip forward to allow access to the rear seat may be hard to move or operate.

Recommendation/Instructions
    Apply lubricant to the seat back cushion latch release cable cams.

Object ID: 2725982Click here for detailed picture of the image.

Object ID: 2713784Click here for detailed picture of the image.
    CAREFULLY remove the seat back finish panel using a trim tool. There are four A-Clip attachments that need to remain intact for reinstallation. Make sure you save all clips and take care to prevent damage to the clip towers.
    Object ID: 2713785Click here for detailed picture of the image.

Object ID: 2713787Click here for detailed picture of the image.
    Apply lubricant with a brush to each side of the cable cams.
    Work the release handle back and forth to spread the lubricant.
    After lubricating the seat back cushion latch cams and if the release cable still binds, adjust the release cables.
    Object ID: 2718904Click here for detailed picture of the image.
    Locate the recliner release cable adjusters (2 per seat). Verify that there are no obvious kinks, sharp bends or pinch points on the cable routing.
    Object ID: 2718906Click here for detailed picture of the image.
    Unclip the cable adjuster lock (1). The cable should move freely in and out of the barrel (2).
    Object ID: 2718910Click here for detailed picture of the image.
    With the adjusters unlocked and the seat back in the upright and latched position, cycle the handle a few times and then re-lock (1) both cable adjusters.
    Tip the front seat back forward to verify the recliner release is no longer binding. Then reinstall the seat back finish panel.
    2012 CTSV opulent blue 2012 Genesis type R sedan (the family car)
    2011 Volvo C70 traded 2003 Lexus SC 430 (motor blew up Lexus quality my a&@@)

Not trying to be an asshat here but need to post this in the 09-15 section. Looks like you got some great responses that already answered your question anyway, Carry on!

The thread is over a year old, so that time to move it has probably passed... however that post by Kaiserseal should be in a sticky at the top of the V2 interior section.

Up !

Let's see what I have found.
    I don't know if it's your problem too, but now it's working fine for me

'11 Coupe M6

Sponsored Links