Just hauling ass.
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Like Tree19Likes
  • 2 Post By Heavymetals
  • 1 Post By Unavowed
  • 2 Post By Unavowed
  • 1 Post By cvp33
  • 2 Post By Unavowed
  • 2 Post By cvp33
  • 2 Post By Unavowed
  • 1 Post By cvp33
  • 2 Post By Stephenti
  • 2 Post By m13s
  • 2 Post By larry arizona

Thread: Just hauling ass.

Just hauling ass.

KrzyFast and Unavowed like this.
    2005 CTS-V Maggied and modded to death (SOLD).
    2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
    2018 Toyota Camry

Makes me wonder what one of these would do on that track

MYV
    Regular street tires.... Nice..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MY RESUME

2.4 Pulley, ID 1000's, LS7tb, Air-Raid
    Ethanol Addiction, B&B Test Pipes, B&B Cat-back W/2nd cats, QTP Cutouts
    Varimax Pump, Dyno-Speed Racing Hx, KB Bap
    Hx Reservoir, Vitesse Throttle Controller
    Transmission Tune

Dyno-Speed Racing & DBR Performance

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MYV View Post
    Regular street tires.... Nice..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hand picked and Xray'd by Michelin engineers, so there's that..
    MYV likes this.

Jim
    2700 more horsepower and I'm right there..... damn!!!!
    2011 A6, DynoSpeed 4.5", 2.35 Upper/8.66 Lower, NW102TB, Ported Snout/Blower, GP Tuning 2.5 Cam, WCCH 2.5 Heads, Johnson 2110's, BTR Springs, BTR Trunnion kit, Manton 11/32 PR, ID1050X, CRH 1-7/8 Headers with 3" X-pipe, 22" resonators, QTP's, Track Attack HX, CW100, TR7IX, Accel 9070C's, AEM 30-0333, Pat G tune, E50, ACE AFF02 19's

Makes the 200mph speedo seem puny.
    "Pearl" is a 2011, V Coupe, A6, Recaros, Skyview.

Mods: Airaid - Red filter, Side Swipe, Mamo LS7 Ported TB, ZL1 lid, Fasterproms underhood tank, BMR Catch Can, ....

Lambo - I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by m13s View Post
    Lambo - I'm out.
    But you endorse Maserati? I think you are confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    But you endorse Maserati? I think you are confused.
    Oh I'm confused alright....... Lambo's are just not my bag. tracked a bunch, never really liked the looks, the handling or the lack of racing pedigree. Sure they have gotten better and are racing now, they just don't do it for me. More for the supercar blondie superficial crowd.

The Miura is a keeper I'll give you that.

Nobody tracks Bugattis' either, but they sure go fast in a straight line.
    MYV and m13s like this.

The stat that always blew me away was that the Veyron could drain its 100 liter gas tank in under 7 minutes at WOT.
    m13s likes this.
    ORANGEcrush

2019 Corvette Z06 2LZ
    M7 Competition Seats
    "I lived my life by one motto.......mottos are for losers" cvp33

Quote Originally Posted by cvp33 View Post
    The stat that always blew me away was that the Veyron could drain its 100 liter gas tank in under 7 minutes at WOT.
    I bet a V on E85 could come pretty close to that.
    cvp33 and MYV like this.

I drank a 2 liter of Jolt Cola in 1 minute once.
    m13s and CMoore711 like this.
    ORANGEcrush

2019 Corvette Z06 2LZ
    M7 Competition Seats

Oh I'm confused alright....... Lambo's are just not my bag. tracked a bunch, never really liked the looks, the handling or the lack of racing pedigree. Sure they have gotten better and are racing now, they just don't do it for me. More for the supercar blondie superficial crowd.

The Miura is a keeper I'll give you that.
    I can understand not everyone likes/gets Lamborghini. I used to like Ferrari way more than Lambo for the heritage, design blah blah blah. But now I realize how shitty and stuck up Ferrari as a company and owners are in general.
    Looking down on Lambos like that kinda makes you look like a douche and puts you in company with the worst kind of people (Ferrari snobs lol).

Also I think saying its just for the superficial crowd is selling them short.
    Yes they are loud and polarizing styling but which ones have you driven?

I would bet all of your complaints are from the older AWD systems. I bet you would change your tune driving a Huracan LP580-2 (my friend has one and it is a monster) or even the new Evo which is AWD but the rear wheel steer seems awesome.
    Or a RWD converted Gallardo or Murci.
    If Ferrari wasn't such a terrible company/culture I would absolutely love to own a 458 or 488 or 812 Superfast etc but if I had the money I would go for a GT2 Porsche or Huracan if only not to be lumped in with "those people".
    Last edited by subaru335i; 09-03-2019 at 04:57 PM.
    2012 CTS-V Sedan 6MT - Triple black - 2.5" upper pulley, Magnaflow exhaust, Airaid Intake, Fluidyne HX

2014 Porsche 911 PDK - Dark Blue Metallic over 2 tone black/tan leather

2001 Honda S2000 - Grand Prix White over Red - 9000 rpm yo!

And I'd take an R8. 95% of the performance of a Huracan, but only 20% of the douchebaggery.
    Last edited by Unavowed; 09-03-2019 at 05:39 PM.
    Teh V and jscottd like this.

Did someone call me a douche bag? I'm sorry but I couldn't hear you over my awesome exhaust.....................that is suddenly catching fire.

ORANGEcrush

2019 Corvette Z06 2LZ
    M7 Competition Seats

R8 V10 Manual (gen 1) FTW.
    Hasn't depreciated in years.
    I'd take it over any entry Ferrari/Lambo.

I see your Pedestrian Audi and raise you a LaFerrari, 949hp V12.
    Stephenti likes this.
    ORANGEcrush

2019 Corvette Z06 2LZ
    M7 Competition Seats

Fantastic track toy. Also my favorite of the holy trinity.

However, money no object, it would be a McLaren F1, Zonda, and CGT before it.

Quote Originally Posted by subaru335i View Post
    I can understand not everyone likes/gets Lamborghini. I used to like Ferrari way more than Lambo for the heritage, design blah blah blah. But now I realize how shitty and stuck up Ferrari as a company and owners are in general.
    Looking down on Lambos like that kinda makes you look like a douche and puts you in company with the worst kind of people (Ferrari snobs lol).

Also I think saying its just for the superficial crowd is selling them short.
    Yes they are loud and polarizing styling but which ones have you driven?

I would bet all of your complaints are from the older AWD systems. I bet you would change your tune driving a Huracan LP580-2 (my friend has one and it is a monster) or even the new Evo which is AWD but the rear wheel steer seems awesome.
    Or a RWD converted Gallardo or Murci.
    If Ferrari wasn't such a terrible company/culture I would absolutely love to own a 458 or 488 or 812 Superfast etc but if I had the money I would go for a GT2 Porsche or Huracan if only not to be lumped in with "those people".
    Hi Subi,

I never said I looked down on them, I said I don't care for them and stated my reasons. You countered with Ferrari cars and culture are terrible without any reason and the owners are shitty and stuck up. Broad strokes of the brush there Subi.

Lambos I have tracked:

Gallardo
    Huracan
    Mercilago
    Aventador

They are nice cars, just not my cup of tea. The owners I have talked to that own them love them.

I have had worse times going to a corvette meet than an Ferrari meet. I also think owning an exotic is special and it breeds douchiness to some people. Will I ever own another exotic? maybe. Was I a douche when I owned mine, I would like to think not as I would try to dispel that stereotype by going out of my way not to be a twat.

Lambo has always been at the heels of Ferrari and the Ferrari owners feel that the performance aspect of Lambo's was never on par with Ferrari. Go racing, beat Ferrari and then talk about being on the same page on performance and pedigree. Times have changed as you can race (pay and go) in four levels with Lambo super trofeo. They also race in various series (GT3) around the globe and they have the opportunity to podium on any given day. I think that will only improve the breed.

My coaching allows me to track many different cars and last month I was at the track. There were two drivers, one with an Aventador, the other with a Toyota 86. I spent the day in the Toyota and had a ball with the driver and the car.

Most people would jump at the chance to drive the Lambo over the Toyota, to each his/her own. Just my 2 cents.
    SimplyDreamin and Stephenti like this.

Well the "record" is not being recognized, but it was still fucking fast!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/autos/news...ent/ar-AAGU6Uj
    2005 CTS-V Maggied and modded to death (SOLD).
    2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
    2018 Toyota Camry

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavymetals View Post
    Well the "record" is not being recognized, but it was still fucking fast!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/autos/news...ent/ar-AAGU6Uj
    Well it is VW testing and therefore should not be trusted.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SimplyDreamin and Karch like this.
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Why go through all the effort, energy, time and expense and not have a third party on hand to validate the results?

Hi Subi,

I never said I looked down on them, I said I don't care for them and stated my reasons. You countered with Ferrari cars and culture are terrible without any reason and the owners are shitty and stuck up. Broad strokes of the brush there Subi.

Lambos I have tracked:

Gallardo
    Huracan
    Mercilago
    Aventador

They are nice cars, just not my cup of tea. The owners I have talked to that own them love them.

I have had worse times going to a corvette meet than an Ferrari meet. I also think owning an exotic is special and it breeds douchiness to some people. Will I ever own another exotic? maybe. Was I a douche when I owned mine, I would like to think not as I would try to dispel that stereotype by going out of my way not to be a twat.

Lambo has always been at the heels of Ferrari and the Ferrari owners feel that the performance aspect of Lambo's was never on par with Ferrari. Go racing, beat Ferrari and then talk about being on the same page on performance and pedigree. Times have changed as you can race (pay and go) in four levels with Lambo super trofeo. They also race in various series (GT3) around the globe and they have the opportunity to podium on any given day. I think that will only improve the breed.

My coaching allows me to track many different cars and last month I was at the track. There were two drivers, one with an Aventador, the other with a Toyota 86. I spent the day in the Toyota and had a ball with the driver and the car.

Most people would jump at the chance to drive the Lambo over the Toyota, to each his/her own. Just my 2 cents.

Lots of fine Cunts here!

Just sayin...
    2011 V Coupe A6: Airaid CAI, KPE stainless polished axle back muffs with KPE cat back stainless X pipe, QTP cutouts (to feed my inner child), KPE full carbon fiber F&R, 2.5 upper, 100mm idler, graduate of the Dr. Phil School of Acceleration. Track Attack, Ben's UnderCoverBrother full carbon sleeper hood with show car paint by Lafata Autobody, Full LED conversion, Super Sport 265/35 front & 305/35 MT SS DR's out back Oh, and really nice floor mats!

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    Why go through all the effort, energy, time and expense and not have a third party on hand to validate the results?
    Had to do with the grain of the track surface... since it was "seasoned in" over the years in primarily one direction, there were questions as to how it would impact the tires in the opposite direction at those speeds. Uncharted territory. I'd imagine they may get to it at some point, although imo there's not much to prove.

Not sure if you guys read, but at one point, the car went 4-wheel airborne... iirc around 277mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenti View Post

Not sure if you guys read, but at one point, the car went 4-wheel airborne... iirc around 277mph.
    He said if there had been any wind...
    After that run, I would have went from the car straight to the showers.

Sponsored Links