Ford vs. Ferrari
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Ford vs. Ferrari

Ford vs. Ferrari

This November.

CarCrazyRDM, MYV and Rumdig like this.

Saw the preview last night, I'll be tuning in for sure.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

I've been waiting for this. I have hopes it was made rather well.
    V_Wagon likes this.

Saw today too. Great story. Hope movie presents it well.
    2013 silver frost coupe

I'd like to see the GT story sans-hollywood before I walk in to that theater. EG I never had any idea Lee Iacoca also worked for Ford.

But looks like it'll be cool for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtl_V2 View Post
    I'd like to see the GT story sans-hollywood before I walk in to that theater. EG I never had any idea Lee Iacoca also worked for Ford.
    I could be wrong (gasp!) but if I recall correctly Iacocca was fired from Ford because of some lame idea called the mini-van. He took his ass and his mini-van concept to Mopar and the rest is history.
    V_Wagon and random84 like this.
    '14 V Wagon 6MT
    '16 ATS-V - Daily Driver
    '10 CTS Wagon now proudly serving the U.S. Coast Guard

Super Moderator
    You all need to watch the history of the automobile on the history channel. Explains the whole fords, edsel, Durant, iaccoca, Delorean etc.

Awesome watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Which theater are we all meeting at to watch this together? I'm in for a tub of popcorn.

If that tub of popcorn is in your lap I'm not reaching in there.
    MYV likes this.
    '14 V Wagon 6MT
    '16 ATS-V - Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    If that tub of popcorn is in your lap I'm not reaching in there.
    Random84 got that covered, he will wait until its almost empty though
    tinman, MYV, Force_Recon and 3 others like this.

MYV
    Damm..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    MY RESUME

2.4 Pulley, ID 1000's, LS7tb, Air-Raid
    Ethanol Addiction, B&B Test Pipes, B&B Cat-back W/2nd cats, QTP Cutouts
    Varimax Pump, Dyno-Speed Racing Hx, KB Bap
    Hx Reservoir, Vitesse Throttle Controller
    Transmission Tune

Dyno-Speed Racing & DBR Performance

Looks like a bad ass movie. Hard to picutre Matt Damon playing Shelby
    2012 BDT, Auto, Every Option | Lingefelter 2.55" UP | DW65 Injectors|Airaid CF Intake with Green Filter | Lingefelter 160deg T-Stat | 534whp/503tq

Quote Originally Posted by blubyu View Post
    Random84 got that covered, he will wait until its almost empty though
    Dont fret, I love popcorn and I leave my hands extra buttery for your benefit.

The salt, however... well that's for my entertainment. I like watching people suffer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Watch "The 24 Hour War" if you want the documentary before the Hollywood film. Adam Carrola did it.
    m13s and random84 like this.
    2011 Crystal Red/Ebony Performance SportWagon and a bunch of other fun rides

Quote Originally Posted by random84 View Post
    Dont fret, I love popcorn and I leave my hands extra buttery for your benefit.

The salt, however... well that's for my entertainment. I like watching people suffer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    We just need the muscle hamster in here to complete the gang bang!

Quote Originally Posted by random84 View Post
    random84 and 94383Z71 like this.

Matt Damon as Caroll Shelby, Barf.

Read the book "go like hell" this movie borrows from that not sure if they give the book credit.

Will be curious if they show the time Ford wanted to buy Ferrari, but Enzo didn't want to let go of his control of the racing team, so he got up and walked away from the negotiation table.

Quote Originally Posted by m13s View Post
    Matt Damon as Caroll Shelby, Barf.
    While its odd I'm sure they needed a well known actor to fill the seats at the theaters as not everyone is a car guy and would give the preview a second look without a big name.
    random84, RedTXV and V_Wagon like this.

Blu,

Understood. A pussy from Cambridge MA playing the late great Caroll Shelby...... I am sure he is rolling in his grave. Biased, sure.

Blu,

Understood. A pussy from Cambridge MA playing the late great Caroll Shelby...... I am sure he is rolling in his grave. Biased, sure.
    What makes him a pussy?

"an American actor, film producer and screenwriter. He is ranked among Forbes magazine's most bankable stars[3] and is one of the highest-grossing actors of all time.[4][nb 1] Damon has received various accolades, including an Academy Award, from five nominations, two Golden Globe Awards, from eight nominations, and has been nominated for three British Academy Film Awards and six Emmy Awards."

Married to the same woman for 14 years too.
    Last edited by Unavowed; 06-04-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Blu,

Yeah, I too had the same thought when I saw Matt Damon. I don't 'mind' the guy but have never loved him in any role, unlike actors that can do no wrong EG Ed Norton, Tom Hanks etc... (and now Jeff Daniels is moving into that category) They can pull off any role. I used to HATE Brad Pitt in all his pretty boy roles..... until 12 Monkeys, Snatch etc... and then he actually had some depth / character to him. Matt Damon never crossed that threshold, not even in a potentially cool flick like The Departed - just my two cents but I'm apparently not alone.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    What makes him a pussy?

"an American actor, film producer and screenwriter. He is ranked among Forbes magazine's most bankable stars[3] and is one of the highest-grossing actors of all time.[4][nb 1] Damon has received various accolades, including an Academy Award, from five nominations, two Golden Globe Awards, from eight nominations, and has been nominated for three British Academy Film Awards and six Emmy Awards."

Married to the same woman for 14 years too.
    No argument here - just because I'm not a fan doesn't mean I wouldn't trade places with him lol.
    Last edited by Mtl_V2; 06-04-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Blu,

He gets a pass for me.
    RedTXV likes this.

He made his bones with Affleck playing the tough Irish working class which everyone in in the Boston area identifies with, no problem I get that, working class hero and all. He has done more in his lifetime than I could ever dream of building his brand, major h'wood star and is bankable. Envious - you bet.

He is from Cambridge which is across the river Charles in one of the most exclusive zip codes in metro Boston. Working class it is not, Bostonit is not. The Southie of old ended 30+ years ago and people are still identifying with a time gone by era, as do writers from the Boston Globe (Mike Barnicle, Kevin Cullen ect.) along with people like Dana White. Dana loves to tell the story of how he opened a Gym in Southie and was run out of town by everyone's favorite southie gangster - Whitey Bulger. To bad it never happened. Old School Southie = Street Cred and people make shit up to get it. Southie now is gentrified and lives off the glory years as a 2 bedroom apartment in an old triple decker will cost you $3200+/month, no utilities and no parking. Working class is long in the rear view mirror.

I know I am comparing characters in stories to a real person, I have a tough time with him playing the heavy, especially Carroll Shelby who was a hard charging M'fer. And a Texan to boot. Think of the anti Matt Damon. Sure he has worked hard to be the bankable star to get the role to sell tickets, I think there would be better people that would be more believable in the role that's all.

He was great in GWH and other roles, I have a hard time seeing him play a rough and tumble character knowing he would shit his pants playing a street hockey game at the Tynan school with the locals.

Just my 2 cents.

I'll watch the movie of course as it is a story I read (Go like Hell) and it is etched into my mind as a young boy. Stories like these are personal to me as I grew up wanting to be a professional race car driver, when everyone else wanted to be a fireman, teacher, engineer, ect. Of course when you tell your mother and father you want to be Mario Andretti and race a formula car they say (I was 7 and it was 1969) no you are going to school and will study hard and go to college.

Adam Carolla already did a documentary on it called the 24 hour war which I would recommend as well.

Maybe I'm just getting older and cunty, I don't know. I'm sure he will do a fine job in the role and it is only a movie for entertainment anyway.

Anyone else catch the trailer song was give me shelter by the stones - came out in 1969 a full 3 years before 1966 if my math serves me correctly. Hopefully they won't fuck it up to bad with artistic liberty and CGI. Damon better say, "My name is Caroll Shelby and my job is performance".
    Last edited by m13s; 06-04-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Damn you’re old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    m13s likes this.

So, is Norwood "southie?"
    '14 V Wagon 6MT
    '16 ATS-V - Daily Driver

No it is south of Boston, about a half hour without traffic. Why ?

Roomie lived there. I lived there with him for a short while. Definitely blue collar. Enjoyed Lewis' bar, grabbing a pint and having a Lewis Burger which I still duplicate today.
    '14 V Wagon 6MT
    '16 ATS-V - Daily Driver

He was Jason fucking Bourne and made a trilogy of films playing a badass. Not sure why some of y'all are crying about him playing Shelby. Sound like a bunch of women.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links