Ford vs. Ferrari - Page 2
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Ford vs. Ferrari

I don't see many movies in the theaters these days but this one I may have to make time for.

As for Damon, I'm not going to judge him in this role until I've seen it. He might not be the first actor I would have envisioned for Shelby's character but hey, he's a world class actor... it's his job to ACT and convince others he is someone he is not. So we'll see how well he pulls it off. Then if it's shitty I'll say it was mistake.
    SimplyDreamin and Unavowed like this.
    2013 WDT Vagon (A6, Recaro, slick top) - Griptec 2.45", ID1050X, BB test pipes, Mamo TB, Airaid CAI, MMCC... more to come. Best ET: 11.49 @ 121 w/ 1.83 60ft

PC Load Letter!?!?!
    Matt Damon lol.

This is the same guy who wants to ban firearms, yet amassed a majority of his wealth romanticizing firearms in movies.
    SimplyDreamin and m13s like this.
    s.w.a.g.

Super Moderator

Ford vs. Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Dude View Post
    Matt Damon lol.

This is the same guy who wants to ban firearms, yet amassed a majority of his wealth romanticizing firearms in movies.
    Could not agree more.

Any Hollywood asshat that made $$$$$ from using guns in movies has no soapbox to lobby for gun control.

Hypocrites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SimplyDreamin and V_Wagon like this.
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    Could not agree more.

Any Hollywood asshat that made $$$$$ from using guns in movies has no soapbox to lobby for gun control.

Hypocrites

That is one of my major points but I did not want it to go down a political path for fear of the wrath of Karch.

He is a limousine liberal of the worst kind, like most of them. Use weapons to make money, surround themselves with armed security but for the great unwashed, no guns.

I'm sure he is on board with the green new deal and would like to know his position on ICE vehicles.

Thanks for bringing it up ol dude.

The more I see him in this role the more it makes me want to take a shit.

Before there was Carolla, Dempsy, McQeen, Hackman, Jenner, Preistly and Newman there was this guy:

James Garner

He stared in the 1966 John Frankenhiemer's Movie "Grand Prix" and he drove and co owned several racing teams and was a accomplished driver as well.

Check out this gem:

The Racing scene

It may not have the commercial appeal of FovsFe and I hope you guys enjoy it.

Look at the opening credits of the drivers it was a who's who of racers and mechanics from that time period. Scooter Patrick crushes it in the opening minutes with his dialogue with Garner. I can only image what a princess like Damon would do getting lambasted like that. Remember Garner was a major star at the time in both movies and TV and Patrick is tooling on him every chance he gets.
    Last edited by m13s; 06-07-2019 at 04:27 PM.

By all accounts, James Garner was the true definition of cool.

Matt Damon has some big shoes to fill.

Carroll was know to be a 'Gritty' individual
    with quite the sense of humor.

I believe that George Lucas was a member of one
    of his Cobra pit crews at one time.

Carroll was still licensing people to build Cobra's
    when he died.

Everyone had to have those Goodyear Tires on them.
    That and a certain mag wheel was 'The Look'.

Goodyear did not want to continue to build the tires.
    So they would not take the orders from his licensee's.

So a couple of times a year Carroll would get on the
    phone with someone 'Upstairs' and the tires would
    get built..lol

-------------------------------------------------

Some quotes from Carroll Shelby:

There is never enough horsepower......just not enough traction.

Yesterday's History. Tomorrow's a Mystery. So live for today.

Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

If you don't go do what you wanna do, you're just bullshitting yourself.

Cheers
    Last edited by Rubber Duck; 06-07-2019 at 05:00 PM.
    Calculating the valve curtain area
The following equation mathematically defines the available flow area for any given valve diameter and lift value:
Area = valve diameter x 0.98 x 3.14 x valve lift
Where 3.14 = pi (π)
For a typical 2.02-inch intake valve at .500-inch lift, it calculates as follows:
Area = 2.02 x 0.98 x 3.14 x 0.500 = 3.107 square[Contact UsArchiveTop

Matt Damon gives zero fucks what a bunch of old, fat Cadillac owners think.
    m13s likes this.

Super Moderator
    And I give zero fucks what Matt Damon thinks.

m13s, RedRocket and Sommer86 like this.
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Unavowed - Old yes, Fat no.
    Unavowed likes this.

Super Moderator
    And for the record Damon is an older fuck than me.

SimplyDreamin likes this.
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    And for the record Damon is an older fuck than me.

Woohoo. He’s older than me as well.

To hell with it, this thread is already so far off the rails:

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyDreamin View Post
    By all accounts, James Garner was the true definition of cool.
    Never missed an episode (or rerun) of The Rockford Files. He paved the way for knock-offs like Magnum and Night Rider
    RedRocket and m13s like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho'Nuff View Post
    He was Jason fucking Bourne and made a trilogy of films playing a badass. Not sure why some of y'all are crying about him playing Shelby. Sound like a bunch of women.
    Hollywood snowflakes, one and all. I still REALLY like most of the Damon & Affleck flicks tho...
    2011 V Coupe A6: Airaid CAI, KPE stainless polished axle back muffs with KPE cat back stainless X pipe, QTP cutouts (to feed my inner child), KPE full carbon fiber F&R, 2.5 upper, 100mm idler, graduate of the Dr. Phil School of Acceleration. Track Attack, Ben's UnderCoverBrother full carbon sleeper hood with show car paint by Lafata Autobody, Full LED conversion, Super Sport 265/35 front & 305/35 MT SS DR's out back Oh, and really nice floor mats!

Going to a premiere tonight.
    SimplyDreamin and Blades1_99 like this.

Well?

Very good. They went a little sappy at the very end, but still a great movie. The racing scenes were certainly 'Hollywood' but that is to be expected.

Looking at the promo's I noticed lots of CGI, which I hate. Big Question, how was nancy pants Damon in the role as Shelby? They should have selected Vince Vaughn.

I get you don't like Damon because of his liberal views, but I don't get seeing him as a nancy. You have seen the Bourne films right? The Green Zone? Invictus? Elysium? The Departed? I think he did a great job in the roll, though I only know Carroll Shelby from what I've read obviously.
    I love Vince Vaughn in comedic roles. To me he will always be Trent from Swingers or Wes Mantooth from Anchorman. I have a hard time with him in dramatic roles. Season 2 of True Detective was a great example of that. I could never picture him in a 'Jason Bourne' type roll.
    Christian Bale crushed it though. He got skinny for the role and his accent, hard to understand at times, I'm sure is spot on how Ken Miles spoke. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some award nominations.
    Jon Bernthal as a young Lee Iacocca doesn't get enough screen time.
    Josh Lucas does a great job of making Leo Beebe wholly unlikable.
    The scene where the Ford execs go to Italy in a failed attempt to buy Ferrari is fantastic. Much of the italian dialogue is NOT captioned in english but you'll get the gist.
    The movie is two and a half hours long, but I never felt like it dragged on. It is definitely worth seeing and certainly better than Stallone's Driven.

It’s good to hear the scene when Ford was ready to buy Ferrari was great. That was what I was concerned about the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    I get you don't like Damon because of his liberal views, but I don't get seeing him as a nancy. You have seen the Bourne films right? The Green Zone? Invictus? Elysium? The Departed? I think he did a great job in the roll, though I only know Carroll Shelby from what I've read obviously.
    I love Vince Vaughn in comedic roles. To me he will always be Trent from Swingers or Wes Mantooth from Anchorman. I have a hard time with him in dramatic roles. Season 2 of True Detective was a great example of that. I could never picture him in a 'Jason Bourne' type roll.
    Christian Bale crushed it though. He got skinny for the role and his accent, hard to understand at times, I'm sure is spot on how Ken Miles spoke. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some award nominations.
    Jon Bernthal as a young Lee Iacocca doesn't get enough screen time.
    Josh Lucas does a great job of making Leo Beebe wholly unlikable.
    The scene where the Ford execs go to Italy in a failed attempt to buy Ferrari is fantastic. Much of the italian dialogue is NOT captioned in english but you'll get the gist.
    The movie is two and a half hours long, but I never felt like it dragged on. It is definitely worth seeing and certainly better than Stallone's Driven.
    I like to bust balls that's all. Any chance to take a shot, why not, I'm a bad ass keyboard warrior! The man is a gifted actor and writer, better than most. Certainly better than me. I just know plenty of guys like him where I live - The type that have certain viewpoints and don't practice what they preach. Live in an all white zip code with a black lives matter on the front lawn, then would call the cops if they see a black guy late at night in their cul-de-sac after dark. See his quote on guns and 2A. Then he turns around and makes millions off of the Bourne and departed films, which weapons are his primary tool. Of the movies above I have seen that you mention are the departed and Elysium. Both good flicks and he did a great job. The Departed was based on Whitey Bulger and it was the feds that are corrupt and not the State police. The movie had it backwards, as we all know the FBI is a bunch of flag waving never-lie-patriots.....

Glad it was a good movie, I'll see it most likely when it comes to video. The Mrs has spent WAY to much time at the track so I can't ask her to go to a racing movie. Christian Bale is another great actor. His job of Dickie Ecklund (who I know) in the fighter as Mickey Ward's brother was right on the money. Dude dials it in for the roles.

Vince has had some serious roles,he played Anthony Bates in a remake of the Hitchcock classic, Psycho. It took me a while to see him in that role but he pulled it off. Also played a Sargent in Hacksaw Ridge and the lead in Brawl in cellblock 9. Guys got some acting chops, hard after playing the funnyman to get out of the Jethro Bodine stereotype.

Sounds like we have the same problem with the actors, Damon as a badass makes me chuckle and Vince as a badass makes you chuckle.

In a steel cage match I am taking Vince.
    Blades1_99 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    I love Vince Vaughn in comedic roles. To me he will always be Trent from Swingers or Wes Mantooth from Anchorman.
    You forgot other "comic" role in Wedding Crashers.

If you haven't seen Brawl In Cell Block 99, done by the Director of Bone Tomahawk (what a great sleeper), you should. Would totally change your opinion of his serious side.
    Last edited by Blades1_99; 11-07-2019 at 12:14 PM.
    m13s likes this.
    "Pearl" is a 2011, V Coupe, A6, Recaros, Skyview.

Mods: Airaid - Red filter, Side Swipe, Mamo LS7 Ported TB, ZL1 lid, Fasterproms underhood tank, BMR Catch Can, ....

Bone Tomahawk, that one was weird but I liked it.

Wedding Crashers is in my all time top 10 comedy list for me.
    Blades1_99 likes this.

Wedding crashers is classic. He's a great comedic actor. I'll have to check out Brawl.
    Last edited by Unavowed; 11-07-2019 at 02:07 PM.
    m13s, Blades1_99 and random84 like this.

Right back at ya.

m13s and Blades1_99 like this.

This thread crashed as hard as Ken.

Too soon?

Blades1_99 and m13s like this.

We saw the movie last night for my son's birthday. We all loved it and had a great time watching it!
    SimplyDreamin and Blades1_99 like this.
    2012 Coupe, A6, BR, Recaro, Airaid...more to come

I thought it was a great movie. Sure there’s some racing scenes, but there’s a lot of focus on what Ken and Carroll went through to develop a car that would have what it took to win.

One scene/conversation I wonder if were true was when Carroll gives Henry Ford II a ride in one of the prototype GT40’s and makes the bet with Henry Ford II “If Ken Miles wins Daytona he gets to drive Le Mans and if he doesn’t you can have Shelby American lock and stock.”
    nbw123 likes this.
    '09 Black Raven Sedan M6-SOLD 535RWHP/521 RWTQ - Metco 9.5" Lower Pulley, LPE Solid Intake Elbow, LS9 Throttle Body, 86lb. Injectors, D3 Comp Springs, Corsa Sport Exhaust, W4ME Heat Exchanger, HID Fogs, Widened OEM Rims 19" x 11" w/ 325/30/19 tires rear and 19" x 9.5" w/ 285/35/19 tires front.
    '06 Trailblazer SS-SOLD - TSX Projector Retrofit w/ 55W 4300K's-PCMForless 4" MAF Intake-Spal Efan Kit-Trans Cooler w/ Fan-Kooks 1 7/8" LT's Catted Y-SLP Dual Exhaust-Phoenix Built Trans w/ 3200 Stall -Precision Street Tuned ECM-FMS Trans Tune-FR Polished 20" x 8" & 20" x10"

Quote Originally Posted by KrzyFast View Post
    We saw the movie last night for my son's birthday. We all loved it and had a great time watching it!
    Good to know. Does it make you itch for mods? BTW are you coming to club Dyno Day?
    "Pearl" is a 2011, V Coupe, A6, Recaros, Skyview.

Mods: Airaid - Red filter, Side Swipe, Mamo LS7 Ported TB, ZL1 lid, Fasterproms underhood tank, BMR Catch Can, ....

Quote Originally Posted by Blades1_99 View Post
    Good to know. Does it make you itch for mods? BTW are you coming to club Dyno Day?
    Yes I am planning on coming to the dyno day. (Dec 1st or Dec 8th?)

Yes to the movie making me itch for mods....came home and started looking at pulley/injectors/ls9+ cam/trunnion upgrade/brick re-enforcement.....damn that movie! Lol!

We really did enjoy it. 2.5hrs went by quickly. Bale and Damon were both great in their respective roles, as were the other actors as fellow members have mentioned above. Go see it if you haven't already.
    Last edited by KrzyFast; 11-16-2019 at 08:51 PM.
    Blades1_99 likes this.
    2012 Coupe, A6, BR, Recaro, Airaid...more to come

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links