New Car for my Daughter
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: New Car for my Daughter

Dat ass

New Car for my Daughter

My daughter recently got her driving permit, and I just finished up a larger garage so it was the perfect time for a project car. I found this wrecked 2014 Fiesta ST for her. It needs a fair amount of work but should be a perfect car for her once it's done.

It's going to be a great father/daughter project and she will appreciate it much more.

Side note: whoever owned the car was a complete and total slob. I've never seen one this filthy. It's cleaned up nicely so far though.
    2011 CTS-V Coupe: 659whp/598wtq on E60 - Tuned by WeaponX! M6, silver hardtop, gloss black roof, titanium Recaros, Airaid, gloss black MRR228 20x9/20x11s, red calipers, WeaponX carbon splitter/side blades/fog light buckets, rear inserts, D3 rear diffuser & Bladewing, Core Shifter, WeaponX Track Attack and Low Mount HX, Eibachs, QTP wireless cutouts, 2.55 pulley, ID850s, ported snout, Mamo TB, NGK TR7IX, ZL1 lid (milled and powdercoated), Pinnacle Coolant Tank, DSteck E85 sensor, SideSwipe LSXTV article on my V
    1999 Firehawk Trans Am #156 of 719: M6, red/tan t-top, cam only
    2017 Focus RS2: (Daily)Stealth Grey, HRE FF04s, TunePlus, ECS Intercooler, AccessPort
    2010 CTS Sport Wagon Premium AWD: A6, maroon/tan - wife's ride
    2014 Fiesta ST: project car for my daughter
    2015 Fiesta ST: my project car

Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    My daughter recently got her driving permit, and I just finished up a larger garage so it was the perfect time for a project car. I found this wrecked 2014 Fiesta ST for her. It needs a fair amount of work but should be a perfect car for her once it's done.

It's going to be a great father/daughter project and she will appreciate it much more.

Side note: whoever owned the car was a complete and total slob. I've never seen one this filthy. It's cleaned up nicely so far though.
    I love this! I might steal your idea and use it with my 14 year old daughter.

She will get her hands a little dirty by being involved, but she will appreciate that car more when it is done and on the road with her behind the wheel.

Well done Dad!

random84 and Ketzer like this.
    2010 Black Raven A6 Sedan with some stuff

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T. S. Eliot

Man I love the Recaros in the fiesta ST. Probably the best factory seats I've sat in.
    JD03Cobra and Wrecked Em like this.
    2012 CTS-V Coupe
    ----------------------------
    2.4 Metco Upper, 100 mm idler. Airade Intake, Custom Catchcan setup, FIC 1000cc Injectors, Dsx Flex Fuel sensor,
    3" pipe to M80 Mufflers, B&B Test pipes, TR7IX NGK sparkplugs, Varimax HX pump
    Exterior:
    Velgen VMB5 Matte Silver:
    20x9 35mm
    20x10.5 27mm
    Avery Dennison Midnight Sand Matte Metallic vinyl wrap

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Dat ass
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnguyen559 View Post
    Man I love the Recaros in the fiesta ST. Probably the best factory seats I've sat in.
    Agreed. I have them in my Focus ST and they are awesome
    2011 CTS-V Coupe: 659whp/598wtq on E60 - Tuned by WeaponX! M6, silver hardtop, gloss black roof, titanium Recaros, Airaid, gloss black MRR228 20x9/20x11s, red calipers, WeaponX carbon splitter/side blades/fog light buckets, rear inserts, D3 rear diffuser & Bladewing, Core Shifter, WeaponX Track Attack and Low Mount HX, Eibachs, QTP wireless cutouts, 2.55 pulley, ID850s, ported snout, Mamo TB, NGK TR7IX, ZL1 lid (milled and powdercoated), Pinnacle Coolant Tank, DSteck E85 sensor, SideSwipe LSXTV article on my V
    2017 Focus RS2: (Daily)Stealth Grey, HRE FF04s, TunePlus, ECS Intercooler, AccessPort

Quote Originally Posted by Mnguyen559 View Post
    2004-2006 GTO seats are the best
    09' Thunder Gray Chroma Sedan | 6AT | UltraView | Recaros | Eibach Springs | Velgen VMB5's

2.45/8.66 | 4" New Era Intake | TSP Headers Catless & OEM Mufflers | Jokerz Ported Snout | Jokerz Ported LS7 TB| FIC1300 Injectors | AEM Fuel Pumps | JMS BAP @18v | ZL1 Lid and 3/4" lines | Varimax Pump | HX | Buck HX Expansion Tank | DSX Aux. Fuel Filter| MM Wild Catchcan | Accel Ceramic Wires & BR7EF plugs

SV1
    Manual trans = raising them right!
    Wrecked Em, RedTXV and Blown376 like this.
    2011 V Coupe 6sp

Dat ass
    Quote Originally Posted by SV1 View Post
    Manual trans = raising them right!
    She drove home from getting her permit in my Focus ST. Really proud of her - not many kids know how to drive a manual anymore
    Last edited by URPREY; 03-12-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    VVVROOMTX, MYV and V_Wagon like this.

Holy Shit Batman!! That poor car was destroyed! What kind of mongrel owned the thing? If cars could talk, it would be thanking you profusely for saving it.
    '12 WD non-wagon

Looks like it was left out in a cow field with the windows down.

Agreed she will appreciate it more having worked on it.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: 8.6 Lower, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Spectre Performance CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, 160* T-Stat, Hard Line Delete W/ 3/4" Lines, Billy Boat Exhaust, Stoptech Drilled & Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, 6K HID Fogs, Full ATS-V Emblem Conversion, Full LED Conversion
    Mod Pile: Smooth Flow MPS W/ 2.4 or 2.5 pulley, Solid Isolator, FB 101 Front Mount HX, Pierberg CWA50
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: [email protected]/[email protected]

Dat ass
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelteredV View Post
    Holy Shit Batman!! That poor car was destroyed! What kind of mongrel owned the thing? If cars could talk, it would be thanking you profusely for saving it.
    It came from Illinois. No judgement from me... Interesting that the car is only a little a couple years old. Wasn't titled until August 2015 so all this mess occurred in a short amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Looks like it was left out in a cow field with the windows down.

Agreed she will appreciate it more having worked on it.
    They probably drove on a dirt road and just left the windows down all the time. Luckily it's cleaning up fine. Good project for her to learn about cars, and also see what happens when you don't clean your car
    random84 likes this.

The lack of Sheetrock on those walls is driving me fucking nuts
    m13s and Unavowed like this.
    I’m snarky, sarcastic and insensitive

Good for you on the father/daughter project! Our kids need more of these nowadays.
    MYV and SimplyDreamin like this.

3 pedals!!!! The St line is the balls, good luck with the project!

Dat ass
    Quote Originally Posted by 07xln View Post
    The lack of Sheetrock on those walls is driving me fucking nuts
    I just finished building it in November. I'll sheetrock once I put my lifts in and have the wiring in place.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTXV View Post
    Good for you on the father/daughter project! Our kids need more of these nowadays.
    Agreed. Too many kids have no real-life experiences that can help them later and they don't appreciate things.
    Quote Originally Posted by m13s View Post
    3 pedals!!!! The St line is the balls, good luck with the project!
    Thanks. Making good progress so far!

Dat ass
    Here's a couple more pics of some of the cleanup we've been doing. Former owner sucks

Definitely coming along. Nice work. When do you expect to have it on the road?
    2012 CTS-V
    DDTech Tuned
    2.55/9.84 • BTR3 Torque Cam • ID1050X's
    New Era 4.5" • DSX Aux Kit & Flex Fuel • TSP 2" headers
    -12AN ZL1 Lid • Vadder Dual HX • Stewart EMP • PNR Trunk Tank

Great job, Dad! She'll get so much more out of sharing the experience with you than she ever will out of the car itself.

UrPrey, love the look of the diffuser (?) on your car. Who made it?

Came for the FiST/daughter jokes and I'm disappointed.....

Seriously though, love the project. 3 pedals FTW!
    m13s likes this.
    2011 Coupe 6M: Airaid - Mamofied TB - Mike Norris catch can - Sideswipe & pocket protector - Black Moon splitter

Dat ass
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades1_99 View Post
    UrPrey, love the look of the diffuser (?) on your car. Who made it?
    D3 Cadillac
    Blades1_99 likes this.

Dat ass
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedTiger View Post
    Came for the FiST/daughter jokes and I'm disappointed.....

Seriously though, love the project. 3 pedals FTW!
    Sadly there are creeps everywhere but dads on here know to keep that shit away since it could be their daughter someone is creeping on.

Awesome. I wish i could find a wrecked FiST like this. Cool little cars and im sure you got it for a steal.

The previous owner seriously had to have used it as a rallyx car...there is no other explanation for that amount of caked on dirt inside. Or they are just a filthy animal.
    2012 CTS-V Sedan 6MT - Triple black - 2.5" upper pulley, Magnaflow exhaust, Airaid Intake, Fluidyne HX

2014 Porsche 911 PDK - Dark Blue Metallic over 2 tone black/tan leather

2001 Honda S2000 - Grand Prix White over Red - 9000 rpm yo!

Great project to bond with your daughter. I hope that she's had her tetanus shot....maybe get her a pair of Mechanix gloves to boot! lol
    2009 CTS V Black Raven Sedan, M6, Recaro's, Ultraview
    Stage 2: Airaid CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, Kooks catted xpipe, stock mufflers, Mamofied LS7, NGK TR7iX, SM dual CC, reinforced ZL1 lid, Johnson 2110, Smith Bros bronze trunnions, 2.4/8.6 Powerbond, GPtuning 2.5, FIC1000, shimmed and ported OE oil pump, Varimax, TA HX, all 3/4" lines, Monster LT1-S triple organic clutch, AEM WB, HPTuning on 93, 688whp/670wtq

Well done! I'm really impressed with her - far too many kids these days that are like, "You want me to CLEAN my own car?!?" Much less help repair one.
    CTS-V: Celebrating 3 generations of N.F.G.

Because groceries deserve LS power, too!

Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    I just finished building it in November. I'll sheetrock once I put my lifts in and have the wiring in place.
    Its been 5 months get to it. You got TVs mounted up and a full work bench roughed in for heavens sake. You're gonna have to pull all that shit down just to put it back up. Work smart not hard
    I’m snarky, sarcastic and insensitive

Very cool project! Your daughter will be so proud of this car once it’s all put together, and what a great experience for both of you. But oh my god the filth in that car?!?! How can someone live like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dat ass
    Quote Originally Posted by MMMarley View Post
    But oh my god the filth in that car?!?! How can someone live like that?
    I can't even fathom how someone would actually use the car in that condition. It was just atrocious. Luckily we're close to having it all cleaned up, and should have it rolling again next week.
    MMMarley likes this.

Looking forward to pics when the car is rolling. I can just see the smiles on your two faces as you look at a clean car.
    URPREY likes this.
    2011 CTS-V Sedan - no longer stock
    2008 TBSS - bolt ons
    "Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to
    smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams." Mary Ellen Kelly

How much did you pay for it? Just curious to what cars like these sell for wrecked, especially when it looks like a homeless person lived in it that never bathed.
    subaru335i likes this.

What an awesome project. Hopefully we aren’t putting around like the Jetson’s when my daughter is getting her first car. I’d like to do something like this with her. I just keep wondering what their house looks like if their car was that gross?!?!?
    2010 Raven Sedan SOLD 8-10-16
    2.4" upper
    NorCal box
    Track attack
    LPE pump
    SW Headers to stock mufflers
    NX Single Nozzle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links