CLASSIFIEDS: NEW RULES
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: CLASSIFIEDS: NEW RULES

Super Moderator

The classifieds are now available to members that have greater than 30 days AND 50 quality posts.

Please understand that this is for the right reasons and is not meant as a punishment.

Too many scams and deals gone bad. The 30/50 rule is to encourage this forum to be a brotherhood/sisterhood and not a swap meet Craigslist site.

So please join, get engaged and be involved.

Post count building by making inert comments like "hey cool" "wow" and similar will be considered post whoring, if you make more work for the mods it will be frowned upon.

There are many options to get involved, many great vendors to buy parts from, some even sell used parts.

Complaint threads will not be allowed for the purposes of post count building.

So please respect the rules, get involved and be part of the great forum.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rockyctsv, Det_Riot, MYV and 4 others like this.
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Wow, way cool!
    Mprtetr, Douggo, Bluebeare and 1 others like this.
    2010 WD A6 Best ET: [email protected], 1.61 60', 2800' DA

Stage 1
    4.5" G-force intake w/ green filter, LS7 Mamo TB, Formato ported snout/blower, 850cc injectors, 2.4 pulley, DSteck flex fuel, Accell ceramic wires, Br7ef, Kooks headers and x-pipe w/ 3" Magnaflow resonators, Irish ZL1 lid, TA HX, Norcal box, LPE pump, SMC catch cans, 17"welds w/ 295's, 18" welds w/185's, gorilla lugs, Hp tuners Pro, AFR500 wideband

This is a good thing. I applaud it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2014 Audi RS5- Akrapovic/Eventuri/Bilstein/BLKWheels/034/Eurocode/Xpel

Gone but not forgotten:
    2012 CTS-V 6MT WAGON - Corsa Sport/AirRaid/GreenFilter/2.4 Griptech/ID 1050x Injectors/Weapon X Track Attack HX/Moroso Catch Can/ARH Longtube Headers/Core Short Shifter/Speidell Supercars Tuned 605WHP/618WTQ

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Define Quality....lol

This is awesome. So now if I were to try to sell my car It can only be seen by people who probably already have a car. This isn't going to magically stop people from getting screwed on the internet..

Don't be surprised when you have to answer the same old questions time and time again. You aren't encouraging people to search for answers here. 100% of the questions new people have can be answered in a search, but then how will they ever get to 50 posts.
    Last edited by MeanMike; 02-21-2017 at 05:04 AM.
    Fp3052, vicious26 and Sdjeff619 like this.
    09 TG Sedan A6, 2.55/9.17, ARH 1 7/8, LT1Z 2.5, GMPP CNC LS3, Jokerz chaos 102, NW102, Trunk tank/ EMP, C&R HX, Airaid, DSX pump and flex sensor, ID1050x’s. 1.44, [email protected]

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanMike View Post
    This is awesome. So now if I were to try to sell my car It can only be seen by people who probably already have a car. This isn't going to magically stop people from getting screwed on the internet.
    Again this forum is not intended to be craigslist, plenty of other options to sell your car.

679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Quote Originally Posted by weimer View Post
    Damn that sucks. I liked checking the classifieds as I would much rather buy one of these cars from an enthusiast than a dealer. Have been debating on what to get if I decide to sell my 10,000 mile 03 cobra. Been looking at the cts-v, gtr, or hellcat. Any way you could do like some forums and make it a read only until you meet the 30 days, 50 post requirement?
    I will go so far as to support this idea, if it's possible to display the V's For Sale section as read-only.

I've said it before, but my 8th post on this forum (already had my 30 days) was in the thread where I bought the car I currently own. Could I have waited around and attempted to make 43 quality posts before then? Of course, no argument- but I'm sure both Selvar and myself are VERY glad i was able to see and respond to his listing for the EXACT car I wanted.

Allowing the V's F/S section to be read-only so interested parties can PM sellers would be a win-win, IMO. Parts F/S and shipping/paypal can be a bit of a clusterfuck so I understand avoiding that grey area entirely. Just my .02 from having benefited before this was in place.
    SOLD 2012 BDT Sedan - Recaro's, Ultraview, A6 >Build thread link<
    Mods: Airaid, EE catchcan, 2.4" Metco, TR7IX, Mamo LS7 TB, ID850's, ARH 1 7/8", Vadder Destroyer HX & CWA50, ZL1 lid, DMS Flexfuel Trio, reinforced brick- 605rwhp SAE

Does calling someone a cunt count as a quality post? If not, I see a whole bunch of post counts going down.
    Wolfster and RedRocket like this.
    2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat

I don't understand this rule. I understand not being able to post classifieds. I even understand not being able to post WTB. I don't understand why they can't view classifieds.

I don't think people selling items care who it goes to. If they don't want their items bought by people with under 50 posts or with a new account, the information is there for them to filter their potential buyers. Shouldn't a major policy overhaul like this be put to a vote before it's enforced?
    M6: 10.70 @ 136mph

"I've ridden in a lot of what I thought were fast cars, but yours was the first one to ever give me butterflies."

Super Moderator

Same rule as before, 30/50, mods just got tired of filtering all the non compliance

Ahhhhh what you all don't see, must mean the mods were doing a good job. LOL

679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Ok, sounds good to me.
    184.7mph in the Texas Mile, Spring 2014. Just an average 75 mile daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by MeanMike View Post
    This is awesome. So now if I were to try to sell my car It can only be seen by people who probably already have a car. This isn't going to magically stop people from getting screwed on the internet..

Don't be surprised when you have to answer the same old questions time and time again. You aren't encouraging people to search for answers here. 100% of the questions new people have can be answered in a search, but then how will they ever get to 50 posts.
    Good transactions mean good sellers AND good buyers. I'm ok with potential buyers needing vetting as well...
    CTS-V: Celebrating 3 generations of N.F.G.

Because groceries deserve LS power, too!

Super Moderator
    Not a forum primarily for classifieds, shop the vendors. Try the other V and Camaro 5 to scavenge parts.

679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Administrator
    Furthermore, we want the lurkers to come out from hiding, join in the fray.

If you see what has transpired since this went into effect, you will see a lot of complaints, mostly from the guys under 50 posts.

Look further, and you will see one or more has multiple user names on same IP address, but many have been here for over two years and very few posts.

Why? Are they sniping parts? Sure, some sellers don't care who the parts go to, but how many of you have wanted or needed a part only to find out it was sold, and nobody knows who got it?

Do you ever see how many "pm sent" posts there are in the classifieds?

Many of the times it's all that person ever posts.

We spend way too much time sending pm's asking for people to play by the rules, and quite a few ask for a special exemption, or get nasty.

Like Larry said, this forum was created for enthusiasts, first and foremost, not to be a craigslist or fleabay.

If seen quite a few share with us the past 24 hours a really nice viper, and other stuff, introductions, etc, that probably wouldn't have been done.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
    [email protected]
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    TY2185 likes this.

Super Moderator
    You can make any comments you want, just not going to gain post count from bitching in a rules thread

679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

2X 9 second club
    Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post

Are they sniping parts? Sure, some sellers don't care who the parts go to, but how many of you have wanted or needed a part only to find out it was sold, and nobody knows who got it?
    your supply of parts has dried up.....makes sense now......lol
    2016 Radiant Silver V3, [email protected] with a 1.51 60 foot
    my mods: flex fuel (E45), Weapon X CAI, and tune

red V2- [email protected] on the corn best mph 139 1/4 108.6 1/8 (sold)
    silver V2 - [email protected] on the spray (sold)

my GM High Tech article:
    http://www.superchevy.com/features/1...th-a-car-seat/

See the videos at:
    http://youtu.be/IoFYM3NNli4

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by goblue View Post
    How am I bitching? I stated the same opinion as others have.
    Nobody will get credit posting in this thread or any other thread challenging the rules, will be locking up this sticky soon, just wanted to get the word out and allow for some minor venting.

679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I've owned a V for about 4 months. I shared some appearance mods I did, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to help others yet and I can find almost any info I want from searching so I don't really need to post questions. How does someone in my situation get to 50 posts without whoring? I know I'm not the only one in this scenario.
    Wow, open your eyes, should not require your hand held for lack of creativity.

How about shop a vendor and share feedback on a product you bought

Check out a local event or cars and coffee.

Post pics of your car or share your build or appearance mods.

Maybe start a pay it forward thread for newbs, there is a very generous one in the members section

Join the forum as a supporting member and get the additional content.

Cmon!!!!

679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_V View Post
    your supply of parts has dried up.....makes sense now......lol
    That's what I texted him! lol
    2009 Black Raven CTS-V
    6M, Recaros, mostly stock...

1995 Impala SS - SOLD
    383, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by mackleit01 View Post
    When Bearings states WTF, I'm not clicking on the link.
    SoCal CTS-V Owners: Join our local Facebook group

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Bearings? View Post
    That's what I sexted him! lol
    Fixed it!!!

NOLAG05 likes this.
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    Fixed it!!!

I did pose for a pic...

2009 Black Raven CTS-V
    6M, Recaros, mostly stock...

1995 Impala SS - SOLD
    383, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by mackleit01 View Post
    When Bearings states WTF, I'm not clicking on the link.
    SoCal CTS-V Owners: Join our local Facebook group

2X 9 second club
    Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    Fixed it!!!

jealousy
    Got Bearings? likes this.
    2016 Radiant Silver V3, [email protected] with a 1.51 60 foot
    my mods: flex fuel (E45), Weapon X CAI, and tune

red V2- [email protected] on the corn best mph 139 1/4 108.6 1/8 (sold)
    silver V2 - [email protected] on the spray (sold)

my GM High Tech article:
    http://www.superchevy.com/features/1...th-a-car-seat/

See the videos at:
    http://youtu.be/IoFYM3NNli4

Next the mods are gonna want to build a wall to keep out people with less than 100 posts
    2010 A6 Sedan - 2.4 upper, E85, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body and an Airaid, tuned by GP Tuning - 609/HP 597/TQ

And make the newbies pay for it!
    2011 CTS-V
    Airaid, 2.45 Griptec, ARH 1-7/8 LT w/cats, ID1050x, DSX Flexfuel, ZL1 lid, LPE HX w/fans, Varimax, Underhood tank, Mamo ported TB, MM wild catch can, Pat G tune.

2018 Denali HD Duramax
    445 hp 910 tq stock

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyPSD View Post
    Next the mods are gonna want to build a wall to keep out people with less than 100 posts
    I will give up my mod pay for "THE WALL"

Awwww crap, I don't get mod pay.

BroCo and RedRocket like this.
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Administrator
    I really wish it was about me and my mod pile. Actually, as mentioned, mostly depleted.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
    [email protected]
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net

I have the required post count, and still no access. Did the new rule reset the 30 day cycle by accident?

Hey (as usual) I have a couple thoughts on this...

I absolutely agree with the idea of not wanting people to just jump on this forum to sell something and then never post again or come back. Making money off of a forum by selling parts you have laying around should be something that is only ok IF you are part of the community. I do believe it makes buying things safer knowing that the person selling is going to be around and accountable if something in the sale isn't right. There's nothing wrong with any of that in my mind.

The part I'm not so sure about is the buying itself. Here's a perfect example- I needed a rear diff for a '70 Buick GS I was working on. The owner wanted taller gearing than the 3.42 it had in it. I searched around for one and found a local guy that had one for sale on the Classic Oldsmobile forum. It was the exact diff we needed and he was literally in the same city, about 10 minutes away. The ONLY way I had of contacting him was to become a member of that forum so I could PM him. I ended up buying that diff from him, we were both thrilled because he sold something that he thought was worthless, and I found exactly what my owner needed. I just looked at that forum, I NEVER EVEN POSTED A SINGLE THING! The only activity on that forum from me was 2 PM's between that member.

I can give you dozens of other examples like that. I'm a member on the corvette forum only because I've bought parts from members. Do I contribute to that forum? Oh HELL no! lol, that's another story. (I take that back, if you look on there under my same screen name, I think I've posted a couple beneficial threads trying to help those guys too. It's just not a place I felt like hanging out in.)

But here's the part I'm not so sure about. Did those forum members benefit from me only being a buyer and never really contributing to the forum by posting? I would absolutely say yes. I think THEY would absolutely say yes. I bought console parts off a guy on the corvette forum and not only was he super happy to sell the stuff, we talked for a couple hours about his vette and my Sky build, sharing experiences and knowledge in the process. All of that was done offline, in person. It was a WIN-WIN. I like those. Would it have been possible if I wouldn't have been able to see or respond to his posting on the forum? Probably not.

Most of you guys know me and know that I try to contribute as much as I can to this forum and others. But I also NEED to use the internet and forums for practical purposes like finding used parts to complete builds. If next week I ended up with a project Twin Turbo LS7 Pantera that I needed to find parts for (might happen actually, but that's another story. lol.) and the Pantera forum (is there one? There's got to be.) had these same rules, I'd be out of luck using that resource. The members on there wouldn't be able to benefit from me as a potential parts buyer. Even if I didn't have the time or energy to "contribute" 50 posts to that forum, I could still have been an asset, even if it was brief.

So in all due respect Larry and Karch, I support the rules that limit or try to control people coming on here just to sell stuff and make a profit off of members without contributing. And I realize the job you do behind the scenes here isn't fun or rewarding and takes a ton of time and effort. Thank you both very much for that btw. Your work makes this forum a nicer place, I realize that. (Maybe you need help with the load from a few more mods?) I'm just not so sure that limiting the ability of non-members or brand new members to see and buy things on this forum is necessary or beneficial? I put a question mark there because what I've done on those forums like the Classic Oldsmobile example may be seen as just as bad as selling without contributing. I'm not sure I see it that way though. Food for though.
    Check out my V8 Sky build video. It's pretty cool!...

https://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q

https://www.youtube.com/user/gmtech16450yz

^^^^ My understanding of the mod's is that members should have the first opportunity to purchase the parts. If others are allowed to quickly join and scarf up the parts, then the members might not have a chance at said parts. Some of the members here sell items at very reasonable prices, so the mod's are allowing the members to have first dibs so to speak.

It sounds like it creates less hassle for the mod's as well, so it might be a win - win scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by scottcane View Post
    ^^^^ My understanding of the mod's is that members should have the first opportunity to purchase the parts. If others are allowed to quickly join and scarf up the parts, then the members might not have a chance at said parts. Some of the members here sell items at very reasonable prices, so the mod's are allowing the members to have first dibs so to speak.

It sounds like it creates less hassle for the mod's as well, so it might be a win - win scenario.
    Very valid point, and I agree. That's why my post was made as an open-minded food for thought more than a statement. You're absolutely right, I suppose there's a chance I could have bought parts that other members on that Oldsmobile or vette forums wanted but didn't because I jumped in and bought them. In those two particular examples it wasn't the case. Both of the items were weird, very limited demand parts. What about the '13 Z06 manifolds, cats and x pipe I bought off the corvette forum though? That certainly could have been something that a long time contributing member could have bought instead of me. I honestly don't remember how long they were on there available for others to buy before I bought them.

Very good point and I agree. Thanks!

edit- here's a thought... What about a for sale section that's password protected? I've seen other forums have a section for off-topic or basically crazy chit that you have to ask for the password to enter. ??? Maybe that way when us "good" forum members want to trade between ourselves we'd have a "safe" place to do it? And then if it doesn't sell you can throw it in the open classified section? I vote for "cunt" as being the password. lol. Oh I guess now we can't use that one since I just told everyone what it would be. haha.
    Last edited by gmtech16450yz; 02-21-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    Check out my V8 Sky build video. It's pretty cool!...

https://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q

https://www.youtube.com/user/gmtech16450yz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links