2019 CT6-V
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: 2019 CT6-V

2019 CT6-V

Lt4Mike likes this.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...-and-info-news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a big fan of that front end, just looks off.
    2010 V 6MT - Thunder Gray, AR Headers, 2.45 GripTec, ZL1 Lid, Track Attack HX, Corsa Sport, Hennessey CAI, Velgen 20" wheels

2006 V -Sold

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

It needs a lower front clip so that it doesn't look like it's a 4x4. The ass end needs a rework as well.

Actually, to hell with it, not a fan of any angle TBH.
    Blades1_99, Murpowa and JD03Cobra like this.
    2009 CTS V Black Raven Sedan, M6, Recaro's, Ultraview
    Stage 2: Airaid CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, Kooks catted xpipe, stock mufflers, Mamofied LS7, NGK TR7iX, SM dual CC, reinforced ZL1 lid, Johnson 2110, Smith Bros bronze trunnions, 2.4/8.6 Powerbond, GPtuning 2.5, FIC1000, shimmed and ported OE oil pump, Varimax, TA HX, all 3/4" lines, Monster LT1-S triple organic clutch, AEM WB, HPTuning on 93, 688whp/670wtq

Ugly, all of it. Front end proportions are weird and the honda pilot tail lights are terrible.
    Blades1_99 likes this.

Needs spoilers and wheels. It just doesn't look right.

BOO5TED likes this.

Yeah clearly this thing isn't track-focused. It's just a fast luxury boat, which is fine. Kinda seems like it should have remained a V-sport, though. Hopefully the CT5-V will be a proper successor.
    Lt4Mike likes this.
    2009 WDT 6MT CTS-V - BC Forged RZ10 20x9.5 +45, SW headers + stock mufflers, Airaid, Moroso OCC, DMS ZL1 lid, C&R HX, Varimax pump with full 3/4" lines, Ground Control coil overs - 14kgf/mm front, 16kgf/mm rear, CS shifter, CS rear toe arms, CS front UCA/LCA bushings, CS motor mounts, Whiteline rear subframe bushings, Voodoochikin/Kerbid driveshaft carrier

Yeah, this isn't meant to be like the CTS-V, nor the M5/RS6. Its meant to compete with the AMG S class and Audi S8. A fast luxury car. I think the CT4/CT5-V will be more in line with the audience on this board.
    Lt4Mike likes this.

If the motor responds the same way the LF4 did with a tune and a couple boltons this thing could be a monster. If a I recall 600whp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Currently driving my wife crazy
    Sold: 2010 CTS-V M6 Sedan blk/blk

Quote Originally Posted by translux View Post
    If the motor responds the same way the LF4 did with a tune and a couple boltons this thing could be a monster. If a I recall 600whp

I think people were seeing closer to 570 on average with intakes, downpipes, fuel cam upgrade, and tune, but yeah 600 was hit by a few with some tricks. A TT v8 should be able to pump out 650+ no problem if they didn't put tiny snails on it.
    2009 WDT 6MT CTS-V - BC Forged RZ10 20x9.5 +45, SW headers + stock mufflers, Airaid, Moroso OCC, DMS ZL1 lid, C&R HX, Varimax pump with full 3/4" lines, Ground Control coil overs - 14kgf/mm front, 16kgf/mm rear, CS shifter, CS rear toe arms, CS front UCA/LCA bushings, CS motor mounts, Whiteline rear subframe bushings, Voodoochikin/Kerbid driveshaft carrier

any word on 0-60 with it being awd?
    2012 OBM A6 Sedan / Airaid intake

I like it. I could see myself leasing one at a quasi-reasonable price as a daily driver. My current daily driver lease ends in 19 months, so we’ll see whether this car is still on my radar then.

Instagram: neuronbob
    Delivered 12/13/2012: 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Opulent Blue/Ebony 6MT/Ultraview/Satin Graphite wheels/yellow calipers/Stainless Works catback exhaust/KPE-Airaid intake
    Retired: 2009 CTS-V Sedan, Radiant Silver/Ebony auto/nav/Ultraview

the part that is important is this "The sandcast aluminum block is a clean-sheet design, according to Cadillac, and it is fitted with a 10-quart sump, cross-bolted main bearing caps, a forged steel crankshaft and connecting rods, pistons from Mahle, and 5000-plus-psi direct fuel injection. The compression ratio is 9.8:1. The exhaust manifolds are integrated with the hot side of the turbo housings, which encase titanium turbine wheels spinning at up to 170,000 rpm while pressurizing the intake manifolds with as much as 20.0 psi of boost."

I would love to see just putting the car on E85 and see how much power it picks up!

The want for one is super bad!

also very interesting
    "The front axle runs through the oil pan, ensuring the engine is mounted mostly behind the axle line for optimal weight distribution. While Cadillac’s representatives won’t talk about future product, they made it clear to us that there is potential left untapped in the engine to make an even more powerful version."

It's starting to look to much like a Cadillac for my tastes. My V being Unbadged doesn't have a particular brand look & gets the most unusual stares from people trying to figure out what it is. Some just walk away with a shrug of the shoulders not being able to tell what the V is ...
    2009 TGC Sedan / A6 / Bolt On's / Tuned Throttle, Tran's & for E85/ 635 RWHP 645 RWTQ On 93 Octane 700+ RWHP 700+ RWTQ On E85 / Photo Album ... A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Iím sure itís going to a nice car, the CTS V-Sport I had was a great car. The CT6 is just too big for me. I also have no interest in all the automated driving tech save for blind spot and emergency braking.

Nothing wrong with a big fast boat but I agree the looks are off-putting. I had not seen a GM 4.2 TT yet. Having recently tried out a 3.6L ATS-V, I couldn't deal with the sound of the 6 after coming from my V.

I am most anxious for some time to pass, to see how this current generation of smaller CC turbos fare in the long run. An un-abused LS powertrain is surely as reliable as any of my Honda Accords* or any of the Buick winter beaters I've owned with those indestructible 3.8L motors

* 250K miles + and still DD reliable, while the rest of the actual car is falling apart.

Unavowed, MYV, Red Baron and 1 others like this.

Lol, I saw that last night. I wonder if he'll miss the CLS.

Northern Nevada, but overrun by Californicators
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    Lol, I saw that last night. I wonder if he'll miss the CLS.
    Couldn't get all the blood stains out
    Unavowed and translux like this.
    2013 Crystal Red Tintcoat Coupe
    3 pedals! But only only 2 feet?
    No hole in the roof
    Airaid CAI
    BB Catback

Aunt Sandy was great.

Great show, meet Liev in Manhattan a few years back, he was riding a bike in midtown and said I liked the show he said thanks and away he went. Cool cucumber. Glad he is rocking the Caddy and some of the dialogue is Boston to the core. Need to catch up on the last few seasons.

i dont hate it and would love AWD

2014 Phantom Grey sedan lots of mods

Quote Originally Posted by translux View Post
    Aunt Sandy was great.

She was willing to share the master. Always sweet and accommodating.

Quote Originally Posted by m13s View Post
    Great show, meet Liev in Manhattan a few years back, he was riding a bike in midtown and said I liked the show he said thanks and away he went. Cool cucumber. Glad he is rocking the Caddy and some of the dialogue is Boston to the core. Need to catch up on the last few seasons.
    Let's go to the bah.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF300 View Post
    i dont hate it and would love AWD
    Agreed.

Looks too refined, like a BMW 7 Series Alpina, and is underpowered like one too. Let’s hope the CT5 remains sporty like the V3.

Administrator
    Liev was a parent at my son's (public) school, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    Liev was a parent at my son's (public) school, fwiw.
    No shit? Public--- keeping it real. No one is going to ask what time of bike he rode?

Best scene was the liquor store, I think season three when Ray's wife had a few choice words for someone that was not minding their own business. Southie all the way.

How much did Caddy pay for that promo? any thoughts?

Unavowed --- some people where I live, I can't understand what language they speak. SOme of them really lay it on think and they sound retarded.

Administrator
    Some kid went up to him and said Ďmy mom says youíre famousí.

Supposedly he replied with Ďmy wife is the one thatís really famousí.

His kid was a couple years behind my youngest, so, needless to say, we didnít run around in the same circles.

I did tell Ron Artest (Metta World Peace) to go back to work during the NBA strike a few years ago.

The Celebs will often send their kids to private schools starting in middle school if they didnít in elementary school.

Our public high school has a good reputation, at least for an LA City public school.

Quote Originally Posted by m13s View Post
    Unavowed --- some people where I live, I can't understand what language they speak. SOme of them really lay it on think and they sound retarded.
    You should visit Scotland.
    Karch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bmylez View Post
    I think people were seeing closer to 570 on average with intakes, downpipes, fuel cam upgrade, and tune, but yeah 600 was hit by a few with some tricks. A TT v8 should be able to pump out 650+ no problem if they didn't put tiny snails on it.
    Something like that, depends on the fueling as thats the biggest hurdle, the one that has gone hard with those mods + meth and E85 would lay down 650+ rwhp on a dynojet id say. Think he made 630 on stingy mustang dyno

Car ran [email protected] with a manual
    Last edited by justinschmidt1; 11-13-2018 at 10:10 AM.
    Karch likes this.
    2013 CTSV Wagon A6
    [email protected] 1.47 60 foot
    stg 2 lt1z cam, 10.5 lower, air raid intake, b&b test pipes, ls7 tb on 93 octane 627rwhp

New setup:
    stg 2.5 lt1z cam 10.5 lower air raid TSP Longtubes jokerz port 660rwhp
    [email protected] 1.50 60 foot.

2016 ATS-V M6 Tune only [email protected]

CTSV Shirts- Sedan: https://teespring.com/ctsv-sedan-tshirt-hoody_copy_2 Wagon: https://teespring.com/wagonlongshorthoody_copy_3
    Coupe: https://teespring.com/shortlonghoodyoutline

Quote Originally Posted by Racerfox View Post
    the part that is important is this "The sandcast aluminum block is a clean-sheet design, according to Cadillac, and it is fitted with a 10-quart sump, cross-bolted main bearing caps, a forged steel crankshaft and connecting rods, pistons from Mahle, and 5000-plus-psi direct fuel injection. The compression ratio is 9.8:1. The exhaust manifolds are integrated with the hot side of the turbo housings, which encase titanium turbine wheels spinning at up to 170,000 rpm while pressurizing the intake manifolds with as much as 20.0 psi of boost."

I would love to see just putting the car on E85 and see how much power it picks up!

The want for one is super bad!

also very interesting
    "The front axle runs through the oil pan, ensuring the engine is mounted mostly behind the axle line for optimal weight distribution. While Cadillac’s representatives won’t talk about future product, they made it clear to us that there is potential left untapped in the engine to make an even more powerful version."

Sounds like its ready to handle some power.

Wouldnt be surprised to see them put this in a CTSV successor with the boost turned up and power increased.

Id imagine some aftermarket tuning and bolt ons could bring this thing up a few hundred hp in a second
    2013 CTSV Wagon A6
    [email protected] 1.47 60 foot
    stg 2 lt1z cam, 10.5 lower, air raid intake, b&b test pipes, ls7 tb on 93 octane 627rwhp

New setup:
    stg 2.5 lt1z cam 10.5 lower air raid TSP Longtubes jokerz port 660rwhp
    [email protected] 1.50 60 foot.

2016 ATS-V M6 Tune only [email protected]

CTSV Shirts- Sedan: https://teespring.com/ctsv-sedan-tshirt-hoody_copy_2 Wagon: https://teespring.com/wagonlongshorthoody_copy_3
    Coupe: https://teespring.com/shortlonghoodyoutline

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links