2019 CT6-V - Page 6
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: 2019 CT6-V

Will there be other Vs besides these three? I don't see an LT4.

https://www.cadillac.com/future-vehicles/v-series

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    2012 MB CLS550 4M and Trolling V's for a Long Time
    1987 Grand National - Should see mid-10s this Fall

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacerX View Post
    Will there be other Vs besides these three? I don't see an LT4.

https://www.cadillac.com/future-vehicles/v-series

Have you been living under a rock? haha. Several articles and videos have been posted of the "true" CT4/5-V.

Mr645 likes this.
    2009 WDT 6MT CTS-V - BC Forged RZ10 20x9.5 +45, SW headers + stock mufflers, Airaid, Moroso OCC, DMS ZL1 lid, C&R HX, Varimax pump with full 3/4" lines, Ground Control coil overs - 14kgf/mm front, 16kgf/mm rear, CS shifter, CS rear toe arms, CS front UCA/LCA bushings, CS motor mounts, Whiteline rear subframe bushings, Voodoochikin/Kerbid driveshaft carrier

Quote Originally Posted by bmylez View Post
    Have you been living under a rock? haha. Several articles and videos have been posted of the "true" CT4/5-V.

sounds like rasp city....

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Racerfox View Post
    sounds like rasp city....
    The CT4-V Blackwing, yeah. It probably still has the LF4 in the ATS-V. I think the CT5-V Blackwing sounded good enough.
    2009 WDT 6MT CTS-V - BC Forged RZ10 20x9.5 +45, SW headers + stock mufflers, Airaid, Moroso OCC, DMS ZL1 lid, C&R HX, Varimax pump with full 3/4" lines, Ground Control coil overs - 14kgf/mm front, 16kgf/mm rear, CS shifter, CS rear toe arms, CS front UCA/LCA bushings, CS motor mounts, Whiteline rear subframe bushings, Voodoochikin/Kerbid driveshaft carrier

Quote Originally Posted by bmylez View Post
    The CT4-V Blackwing, yeah. It probably still has the LF4 in the ATS-V. I think the CT5-V Blackwing sounded good enough.
    LF4 is a great engine. Sounds reasonably good with just down pipes through a factory exhaust. And for a couple grand youíre at 600whp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brandan likes this.
    Currently driving my wife crazy
    Sold: 2010 CTS-V M6 Sedan blk/blk

I just wish they kept the rear lines of the CT4 on the CT5. It is hard for me to stomach but hoping the overall look and rear end ends up surprising me. My V is almost paid off so might be keeping this one a while.
    Blades1_99 and translux like this.
    16 CTS-V Daily
    16 X1 Wife's
    15 GTR Sold
    08 Z06 Sold
    07 Vantage Sold
    ...The list goes on

Well wrap your head around they are forecasting that there will be no more gasoline powered new engines developed or released by any major OE automaker beyond 2022
    CT6-V Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by bbradyc5 View Post
    Well wrap your head around they are forecasting that there will be no more gasoline powered new engines developed or released by any major OE automaker beyond 2022
    I don't know, 2 years sounds like pretty soon to have that happen.
    subaru335i likes this.
    2018 Red Quartz Tintcoat GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Ultimate
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/3/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*

I donít think I believe that. Itís not impossible but it is very improbable.

Blades1_99, random84 and Slizzo like this.
    2012 CTS-V Sedan 6MT - Triple black - 2.5" upper pulley, Magnaflow exhaust, Airaid Intake, Fluidyne HX

2014 Porsche 911 PDK - Dark Blue Metallic over 2 tone black/tan leather

2001 Honda S2000 - Grand Prix White over Red - 9000 rpm yo!

i dont know about that, there will always be a need for gas and diesel powered vehicles
    I dont think in our lifetime will you not be able to buy a brand new one

2014 Phantom Grey sedan lots of mods

MYV
    The Cadillac Blackwing V8 is a twin-turbo DOHC V8 engine produced by General Motors for use in Cadillac vehicles only. It is a clean sheet engine design, as well as Cadillac's first ever twin-turbo V8 engine.*

Cylinder bore:*86 mm (3.39 in)

Turbocharger:*hot-V* Twin-turbos with intercoolers

Piston stroke:*90.2 mm (3.55 in)

Power output:*500Ė550 hp (373Ė410 kW)

Specific power:*131.2 hp (97.8 kW) per liter

Also called:*LTA; Blackwing

Displacement:*4.2 L; 255.8 cu in (4,192 cc)

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
    Rubber Duck likes this.
    MY RESUME

2.4 Pulley, ID 1000's, LS7tb, Air-Raid
    Ethanol Addiction, B&B Test Pipes, B&B Cat-back W/2nd cats, QTP Cutouts
    Varimax Pump, Dyno-Speed Racing Hx, KB Bap
    Hx Reservoir, Vitesse Throttle Controller
    Transmission Tune

Dyno-Speed Racing & DBR Performance

Not saying new "variants" of existing platforms won't be available or released but after the next couple of years 100% it will be a "use what you got" investment strategy on combustion engines and the likes of developing any new platforms like the 4.2 TT or 5.5. Flat Plane Crank will not happen again. As much as I didn't like the thought of this, there will be some badass hybrid and full electric options in the not so distant future. Soon enough us and our combustion engines will be looked at like how many of us looked at 80's and 90's vehicles that were still using carbuerators
    MYV likes this.
    CT6-V Coming Soon!

Not saying new "variants" of existing platforms won't be available or released but after the next couple of years 100% it will be a "use what you got" investment strategy on combustion engines and the likes of developing any new platforms like the 4.2 TT or 5.5. Flat Plane Crank will not happen again. As much as I didn't like the thought of this, there will be some badass hybrid and full electric options in the not so distant future. Soon enough us and our combustion engines will be looked at like how many of us looked at 80's and 90's vehicles that were still using carbuerators
    +1 ^^

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2011 Sedan A6 - Raven Black - Recaros- Bought it stock and quickly got addicted. and it keeps going...
    STAGE 1 - Griptec 2.38", 850 injectors, Airaid intake, Moroso catch can, Track attack HX, Varimax pump,
    - Manifolds, B&B down pipes, no cats, 22" resonators, stock mufflers (QTP cut-outs connected to Homelink)...open most the time...just too fun!
    - RPM Motorsports tune (Raleigh/Garner) - 575 whp/ 598 Tq (Dry 50 degree day)
    STAGE 2 - Mamo LS7 TB, DIY Ported snout/blower, ZL1 lid, Flex fuel sys with Aux pump & filter, ID1050's, Green filter - 650 whp/630 Tq (60 degree day)
    Forgestar 20" CF10's 9" front /11" rear with 305 Pilot Sport AS4's (flush) - Eibach coupe sport springs
    * WeaponX/ JB's -Sway bars and Diff Cooler * 18x9.5" TSW Nurburgrings and Nitto NT-01 for track days and C5 Vette 18" Replicas w/305/35/18 MT Street SS Drag Radials
    Best time of 10.75 @126 1.53 60ft and 6.91 in the 1/8th

Thereís a reason generators exist, to pick up the slack when electricity is not available. There are alternatives but certainly room for combustion given its maturity, also with electric we depend on a hardwired grid that isnít going too far. For vehicles with manuals those are really only readily available on combustion vehicles and not so much for electric and hybrid I guess too so Iím curious if that breed is part of your sad saga about the V8 cash for clunkers youre explaining here.

2013 OBM M6

Manuals...ha! Those are about as common as carburetor’s already. It’s not a sad saga, it’s actually fairly exciting. Take a look at where the development dollars are....virtually zero is being spent on combustion powertrain development moving forward. Even professional racing sanctions are going to be moving this way before you know it.
    CT6-V Coming Soon!

Super Moderator

2019 CT6-V

Looking forward to hybrid performance power trains.

Best of both worlds.

The 131hp per liter on the black wing is impressive, that power density on a 6.2L would be 812hp.

Last edited by larry arizona; 10-12-2019 at 08:22 AM.
    Brandan and bbradyc5 like this.
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Yeah, but I you see a lot of hybrid powertrains that use the combustion engine to charge the batteries such as in the elr. I guess thatís a little different from a conventional hybrid where they drive on gasoline. Electrification makes a lot of sense but if the concern is still around infrastructure and charging then that wonít take fast. Heck in the northeast we have few and far between e85, yet everywhere else seems to be standard practice. For evís there are certain deployments where they make sense, and others that donít.

2013 OBM M6

The next variant of the C8 will have electric motors (yes motors, as in 2) driving the front wheels adding to the internal combustion soul. There is a lot to look forward to.
    As far as electric motor vehicles becoming the "new normal", we are many years away from that. Infrastructure costs, utility companies, Federal government, public utility commission regulations of rates, etc... If you think cost per gallon increase of gasoline during the 70's 7 80's was aggressive (OPEC, false narratives of supply issues, etc...) just wait. The utility increases and the regulation agencies will have the right to steal. Putting it lightly...
    m13s likes this.

Super Moderator
    Ford is installing a charging network 3x larger than the current Tesla network.

The bonus with the Ford network is they will accept non Ford vehicles.

subaru335i likes this.
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    Ford is installing a charging network 3x larger than the current Tesla network.

The bonus with the Ford network is they will accept non Ford vehicles.

It's not really ford and I'll believe it when it happens.

Super Moderator

2019 CT6-V

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    It's not really ford and I'll believe it when it happens.
    I just read shit like everyone else.

https://www.fool.com/amp/investing/2...g-network.aspx

679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Sounds like more of a co-branding / marketing opportunity.
    "That will include Electrify America's fast-growing network, which will give customers access to DC Fast chargers. Ford said that a 150-kilowatt DC Fast charger will be able to add about 47 miles of range to its BEVs in 10 minutes, and to recharge from 10 percent to 80 percent in 45 minutes.

The automaker said it has also teamed up with Greenlots to find and bring other charging providers into its new network over time. Greenlots, a Royal Dutch Shell company, works to develop and map electric-vehicle charging stations."

More chargers are a good thing.

Super Moderator
    Yeah probably not a bad idea to cobrand a charger network.

Sounds like Fordís plan is like the ďAndroidĒ and Teslaís plan is like ďIPhoneĒ

For charging, the OEMís might be best served by the android plan.

679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Yes electric vehicles are coming and technology is changing fast however it is not there yet and it will take some time. Combustion engine is not going anywhere in the next 50yrs or so. Fossil fuels thermal efficiency is 1000 times higher than that of a battery. On top of that the infrastructure is not even close to being there yet. Driving a tesla cross country would give me anxiety having to worry about being able to charge it. Shit in Metro Detroit area there is power outages during summer when everyone runs their ACs at home full blast, can you imagine thousands of cars being plugged in at once?
    As far as hybrids OEMs will slowly move away from them and as a matter of fact GM doesnt even do hybrids anymore. Development cost on hybrids is twice the cost because you have to certify the combustion engine and electrification part of it. Its very expensive and thats why hybrids cost a lot and are not money makers unless you are toyota and been selling it for for over 20yrs.
    2012 BDT, Auto, Every Option | Lingefelter 2.55" UP | DW65 Injectors|Airaid CF Intake with Green Filter | Lingefelter 160deg T-Stat | 534whp/503tq

not sure how true this is but a local gm dealer is dealing with a shit show . the uaw strike has put a hold on many crucial items and dealership said if it doesent end soon they will be lucky to be able to change oil in a week or two. let alone getting parts , left that place real quickly.

i do like the look of this new ct6 but not sure how this new platform engine will be , going to let the test mules run their ground .

feeling old , i used to welcome new tech to the auto industry . the LSX is what made my passion for hp. simple design , easy to work on and abundantly used . Same as the SBC days before me but not as excited to see an LT engine in resto mod cars . kind of like seeing an old TBI SBC swap thats 20 years dated .

i wonder where the lsx platform will be in 10 years , 20 years.
    Rubber Duck likes this.

2018 Audi S4 Prestige package.
    1955 Chevy Belair 210 ,sbc , airride , project 55CHASE ....underway
    2009 CTS-V 792rwhp/726rwtq [email protected] (in so cal) TFS heads, lt1z 2.5 cam, 9.5-1 CR , 9.1/2.4 ,ported 1.9 ,kooks Lt's, zl1 lid ,d3 hx, 4.5 Cai, 102tb, squash/flex carbon everything. Next stage in the works (two bottle spray bar setup) xxxx rwhp/xxxx twtq.
    2007 GMC 2500 HD LBZ LT3- 600/1100 - Danville 3794 stg 2 billet turbo, Built trans /converter, Efi Live w/dsp5, magnaflow 3" d/p, 5" exhaust ,edge cts-2 ,custom fox 2.5 coil over front , deaver/fox rear, bmf novakane 20, 305/55/20 nitto muds,fass ti 150,beans sump, jl audio/focal sound- Chase Truck
    2012 Ram 5500 - Kelderman air suspension, accuair e-level, refridgerator, autocrane 3203 , bobcat efi, mobile shop with every tool on board.

#chasetruckmobile

Quote Originally Posted by 04chase View Post
    not sure how true this is but a local gm dealer is dealing with a shit show . the uaw strike has put a hold on many crucial items and dealership said if it doesent end soon they will be lucky to be able to change oil in a week or two. let alone getting parts , left that place real quickly.

i do like the look of this new ct6 but not sure how this new platform engine will be , going to let the test mules run their ground .

feeling old , i used to welcome new tech to the auto industry . the LSX is what made my passion for hp. simple design , easy to work on and abundantly used . Same as the SBC days before me but not as excited to see an LT engine in resto mod cars . kind of like seeing an old TBI SBC swap thats 20 years dated .

i wonder where the lsx platform will be in 10 years , 20 years.
    I ordered some supercharger sensors 6 weeks ago and still waiting. I believe the dealer is struggling to get warranty repairs and GM- Sourced products.

20 years from now the LSx platform will still be here - but government regulations will determine to what extent IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by random84 View Post
    I ordered some supercharger sensors 6 weeks ago and still waiting. I believe the dealer is struggling to get warranty repairs and GM- Sourced products.

20 years from now the LSx platform will still be here - but government regulations will determine to what extent IMHO

what sensors do you need ? if they are stopping your work , let me know i have a bunch of lsa parts in my shop even though my V is gone.

have a couple blowers, lids, even a long block with all the goodies.

ive been depressed ever since watching my V leave and want/need another car i can jump in anytime that can make a bad day not so bad. So my 55 will be the one getting the swap , just hate seeing dated builds in classic cars.

keep thinking a BB would be a decent idea , just not as bulletproof for a daily 1200+hp setup in my opinion.

2018 Audi S4 Prestige package.
    1955 Chevy Belair 210 ,sbc , airride , project 55CHASE ....underway
    2009 CTS-V 792rwhp/726rwtq [email protected] (in so cal) TFS heads, lt1z 2.5 cam, 9.5-1 CR , 9.1/2.4 ,ported 1.9 ,kooks Lt's, zl1 lid ,d3 hx, 4.5 Cai, 102tb, squash/flex carbon everything. Next stage in the works (two bottle spray bar setup) xxxx rwhp/xxxx twtq.
    2007 GMC 2500 HD LBZ LT3- 600/1100 - Danville 3794 stg 2 billet turbo, Built trans /converter, Efi Live w/dsp5, magnaflow 3" d/p, 5" exhaust ,edge cts-2 ,custom fox 2.5 coil over front , deaver/fox rear, bmf novakane 20, 305/55/20 nitto muds,fass ti 150,beans sump, jl audio/focal sound- Chase Truck
    2012 Ram 5500 - Kelderman air suspension, accuair e-level, refridgerator, autocrane 3203 , bobcat efi, mobile shop with every tool on board.

#chasetruckmobile

MYV
    2020 specs

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
    MY RESUME

2.4 Pulley, ID 1000's, LS7tb, Air-Raid
    Ethanol Addiction, B&B Test Pipes, B&B Cat-back W/2nd cats, QTP Cutouts
    Varimax Pump, Dyno-Speed Racing Hx, KB Bap
    Hx Reservoir, Vitesse Throttle Controller
    Transmission Tune

Dyno-Speed Racing & DBR Performance

2019 CT6-V

Plenty of 2019 CT6-Vís available. Advertising $10k off sticker.
    Like the rest of the Cadillac brand no one is interested....
    Iím no expert but I donít see how they pull out of their nosedive.

subaru335i likes this.
    Currently driving my wife crazy
    Sold: 2010 CTS-V M6 Sedan blk/blk

Quote Originally Posted by translux View Post
    Plenty of 2019 CT6-V’s available. Advertising $10k off sticker.
    Like the rest of the Cadillac brand no one is interested....
    I’m no expert but I don’t see how they pull out of their nosedive.

A train wreck in slo-mo.
    "Pearl" is a 2011, V Coupe, A6, Recaros, Skyview.

Mods: Airaid - Red filter, Side Swipe, Mamo LS7 Ported TB, ZL1 lid, Fasterproms underhood tank, BMR Catch Can, ....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Sponsored Links