We Are Moving!!
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: We Are Moving!!

Administrator

We Are Moving!!

Dear ctsvowner.com Community Members,

Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance.

We sincerely apologize if you have been negatively impacted. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.

We needed to improve user experience, site speed, and overall performance, all while providing a secure environment for you to interact with your community. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to these issues.

We are excited to announce that we are upgrading your site!! We have been working with a design and product development team that has enhanced Xenforo software to provide a modern and much better-performing platform. Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of your community.

The new platform is designed for efficiency, stability, and to be user-friendly across all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent engaging, sharing, and contributing to your favorite community no matter where you are!

This is just the first stage of the new platform and we look forward to hearing your feedback as we make regular and timely improvements.

Thank you for all your support!

~ Community Support
    test test test

Administrator
    Dear Community Members,

We have posted previous messages announcing a new platform coming to your community that will provide a better experience, faster page speed and work seamlessly across all devices, including mobile. We are excited to announce that CTSVOwners.com will be migrated to our new platform on Wednesday, November 20th. The site will be in maintenance mode and in read-only while the migration is happening. This is expected site behavior as we move all the archived content over to the new sites. There should be no change in the content within your profile. All thread content will also be migrated to the new site. Your community may look a little different but all of the important information will still be there!

If for any reason there is a change of date, we will keep you updated on an alternative rollout schedule for the site migration. We look forward to your feedback on the new experience.

We appreciate your support!

~ Community Support
    test test test

If you guys are doing the same thing here that happened to G8Board, it will be the end of this site. I used to post there frequently but have given up. It is terrible. I'm sure your data on site traffic there will substantiate what a horrendous decision this is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Oh shit.

The TBSSOWNERS.com site did an "upgrade" a few weeks back and now the site is horrible to navigate and older very informational posts dissappeared.

The vendor section also took a shit.

My $.02

db-guru likes this.
    2010 Black Raven A6 Sedan with some stuff

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T. S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    If you guys are doing the same thing here that happened to G8Board, it will be the end of this site. I used to post there frequently but have given up. It is terrible. I'm sure your data on site traffic there will substantiate what a horrendous decision this is.
    "Pearl" is a 2011, V Coupe, A6, Recaros, Skyview.

Mods: Airaid - Red filter, Side Swipe, Mamo LS7 Ported TB, ZL1 lid, Fasterproms underhood tank, BMR Catch Can, ....

Quote Originally Posted by theheder View Post
    Oh shit.

The TBSSOWNERS.com site did an "upgrade" a few weeks back and now the site is horrible to navigate and older very informational posts dissappeared.

The vendor section also took a shit.

My $.02

Agreed. The new TBSSOWNERS site sucks. On the plus side I spend a lot less time there and may actually stop posting after 9 years plus 1 week and 3200+ posts.
    2011 CTS-V Sedan - no longer stock
    2008 TBSS - bolt ons
    "Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to
    smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams." Mary Ellen Kelly

Yikes, this is a canned response. Here is what was posted on the TCCoA Forums about 3 weeks ago when they did the change. It is a lot different being on that forum now, it takes a lot of getting used to. New ways of navigating, searching, etc. And there are a lot more ads. I expect a lot of folks won't like it.

"Dear Tccoa Community Members,

Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. We sincerely apologize if you have been negatively impacted. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface, and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.

We needed to improve user experience, site speed, and overall performance, all while providing a secure environment for you to interact with your community. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to these issues.

We are excited to announce that we are upgrading your site!! We have been working with a design and product development team that has enhanced Xenforo software to provide a modern and much better-performing platform. Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of your community.

The new platform is designed for efficiency, stability, and to be user-friendly across all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent engaging, sharing, and contributing to your favorite community no matter where you are!

This is just the first stage of the new platform and we look forward to hearing your feedback as we make regular and timely improvements.

~ Community Support"
    94383Z71, SimplyDreamin and Rumdig like this.
    2011 Black CTS-V Coupe, 6 sp MT, many many mods on the way. Originally owned by Ed Welburn, GM’s VP of Design from 2003 to 2016

Quote Originally Posted by db-guru View Post
    Agreed. The new TBSSOWNERS site sucks. On the plus side I spend a lot less time there and may actually stop posting after 9 years plus 1 week and 3200+ posts.
    The only thread that I post regularly over there is the "Is it beer thirty" one.

I sold my TBSS so I don't really have anything to contribute anymore.

However I do like checking in on TNSS and his mid 8 second turbo street truck!!! He does properly maintain the "Fastest TBSS Bragging Rights" thread too.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T. S. Eliot

If this is the same thing that happened with the Impala SS forum a few years ago, then say goodbye to all your old saved threads and information. We lost a decades worth of info when they "upgraded".
    theheder likes this.
    2011 A6 Black Diamond Tri-Coat Vagon-
    Airraid Intake - Track Attack HX - ADM 2.50 Pulley - ATI Crank Pulley- Lingenfelter 9.1 Lower-ID850cc Injectors - 223/246 .610/.600 117+6- Melling 10355 - Kooks Headers - Stainless Works Catback - LED Everything

SOLD!!2009 A6 Black Raven
    HPE 4" Intake/Isolator / Track Attack HX /2.55 Pulley/ 850cc+ injectors/LED Everything

Quote Originally Posted by CTSVAdmin View Post
    Dear ctsvowner.com Community Members,

Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have caused you grief, but we have profited from.

We really don't care if you have been negatively impacted, the bottom line is the bottom line. Efforts to improve the site hits and subsequently advertiser revenue have revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.

We needed to improve shareholder earnings. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to this issue.

We are excited to announce that we are "upgrayedding" your site for a double dose of pimpin!! We have been working with a design and product development team that has enhanced Xenforo software to provide a different and very overstated yet underperforming platform. Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of our balance sheets.

The new platform is designed for increased bot.., er "guest" views, increasing pop-ups on all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent hitting the back page button to get out of a popup or restarting your browser no matter where you are!

This is just the first stage of the new platform and we look forward to ignoring your feedback as we make regular and timely setbacks.

~ Community "Support"
    Fixed

Change my mind.
    RedTXV, demann63, Unavowed and 3 others like this.
    09 TG Sedan A6, 2.45/9.17, ARH 1 7/8, LT1Z 2.5, GMPP CNC LS3, Jokerz chaos 102, NW102, Trunk tank/ EMP, C&R HX, Airaid, DSX pump and flex sensor, ID1050x’s. [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Harlemknight View Post
    If this is the same thing that happened with the Impala SS forum a few years ago, then say goodbye to all your old saved threads and information. We lost a decades worth of info when they "upgraded".
    This could be a good thing. Every single topic that has been completely beaten to death can have a resurrection.

I'll start...what kind of oil do you guys recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlemknight View Post
    That was different. From memory, Rackforce replaced the ISSF section of the server with another site. It may have been due to an unpaid bill, crash or something but can't remember for sure (2008 or 2009). When the problem was rectified, there was no backup to be found to restore the many years worth of data. It died a slow death and with FB, I dont believe it's very active now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    2009 Black Raven CTS-V
    6M, Recaros, mostly stock...

1995 Impala SS - SOLD
    383, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by mackleit01 View Post
    When Bearings states WTF, I'm not clicking on the link.
    SoCal CTS-V Owners: Join our local Facebook group

This is only "traditional" board that I still participate in, used to be active in a now defunct spearfishing board.

I'm really hoping that this goes better than what other's experiences...people for whose opinions I've learned to respect...is wrong.
    "Pearl" is a 2011, V Coupe, A6, Recaros, Skyview.

Mods: Airaid - Red filter, Side Swipe, Mamo LS7 Ported TB, ZL1 lid, Fasterproms underhood tank, BMR Catch Can, ....

Yup... RIP tittie threads.

The only reason a for-profit company would upgrade a site with dwindling traffic is to A: sandbag unique visits to justify higher ad prices, B: integrate more in-you-face ads into the site previously limited by old software, C: both A & B.

Oh well. Maybe I can get kicked out of a few more FB groups- and spend that time with the Kiddos!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Xenforo is fucking terrible and has turned me away from the only other 2 car sites I (used to) go to.
    Is there a choice? Can Members pay to keep this format or move to something besides Xenforo?
    This sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdig View Post
    I'll start...what kind of oil do you guys recommend?
    I'll go next. How do I lower my engine to clear my ZL1 Lid?
    MYV and Blades1_99 like this.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: 8.6 Lower, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Spectre Performance CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, 160* T-Stat, Hard Line Delete W/ 3/4" Lines, Billy Boat Exhaust, Stoptech Drilled & Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, 6K HID Fogs, Full ATS-V Emblem Conversion, Full LED Conversion
    Mod Pile: Smooth Flow MPS W/ 2.4 or 2.5 pulley, Solid Isolator, FB 101 Front Mount HX, Pierberg CWA50
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: [email protected]/[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    I'll go next. How do I lower my engine to clear my ZL1 Lid?
    Let some air out of your front tires, that will lower the engine ...
    demann63 likes this.
    2009 TGC Sedan / A6 / Bolt On's / Tuned Throttle, Tran's & for E85/ 635 RWHP 645 RWTQ On 93 Octane 700+ RWHP 700+ RWTQ On E85 / Photo Album ... A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

We're fucked. All the good info that's been compiled here is going to be history. Like nsaness said, Xenforo is a manion, they destroy everything they touch, and they don't give a shit about anyone.
    '12 WD non-wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ShelteredV View Post
    We're fucked. All the good info that's been compiled here is going to be history. Like nsaness said, Xenforo is a manion, they destroy everything they touch, and they don't give a shit about anyone.
    So it would behoove someone to compile all of this valuable info into an easily searchable database before it's lost forever...a site just like this perhaps. Oh, wait, I found the answer

Quote Originally Posted by random84 View Post

The only reason a for-profit company would upgrade a site with dwindling traffic is to A: sandbag unique visits to justify higher ad prices, B: integrate more in-you-face ads into the site previously limited by old software, C: both A & B.
    Newest version of The Cadillac Tax.......

MYV
    Time to paste and copy some of these threads/ notes into V book.. Before the deadline.

Just in case...

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
    MY RESUME

2.4 Pulley, ID 1000's, LS7tb, Air-Raid
    Ethanol Addiction, B&B Test Pipes, B&B Cat-back W/2nd cats, QTP Cutouts
    Varimax Pump, Dyno-Speed Racing Hx, KB Bap
    Hx Reservoir, Vitesse Throttle Controller
    Transmission Tune

Dyno-Speed Racing & DBR Performance

<CTL> + S = saving webpage to your desktop. Easy to back everything up in a jiffy.

MYV

MY RESUME

2.4 Pulley, ID 1000's, LS7tb, Air-Raid
    Ethanol Addiction, B&B Test Pipes, B&B Cat-back W/2nd cats, QTP Cutouts
    Varimax Pump, Dyno-Speed Racing Hx, KB Bap
    Hx Reservoir, Vitesse Throttle Controller
    Transmission Tune

Dyno-Speed Racing & DBR Performance

<CTL> + S = saving webpage to your desktop. Easy to back everything up in a jiffy.

Look at the brain on... what's your f'n name?!

Unavowed and Blades1_99 like this.

Administrator
    We have no intention on removing any threads or sections that are actively used and supported by its members. Part of the move will integrate a NSFW filter, but filters are easy to enable/disable, so you will be able to continue to share whatever content suits you needs

Quote Originally Posted by MYV View Post
    Time to paste and copy some of these threads/ notes into V book.. Before the deadline.

Just in case...

Like any move, I can't promise this will go smooth or easily, but there will be someone from our support team before during and after the move. Saving a backup isn't a bad idea, but from the moves I've overseen, this hasn't been an issue.

Change sucks, and it will not be easy to adjust to the change, but we wouldn't be upgrading the software without thinking of your personal safety and security of information. The community isn't changing, just the look of where the community hangs out.

I appreciate all of the feedback, even the doomsayers

-Gerrit
    MYV and SimplyDreamin like this.
    test test test

Is there a forum that you can reference that will be similar to our end result?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 Black CTS-V Coupe, 6 sp MT, many many mods on the way. Originally owned by Ed Welburn, GM’s VP of Design from 2003 to 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links