Need advice. Think im getting the run around/ screwed
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TBracing V
  • 1 Post By larry arizona

Thread: Need advice. Think im getting the run around/ screwed

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

I have a 2009 cts-v automatic sedan. The first round of mods in oct.2015 i did 2.55 upper pulley, cai, injectors,flex fuel,boost-a-pump and tune. The car ran great. I go back to the same shop to have some more work done and now im in a mess. The car has 50k miles on the dot. I go in to get ARH,Corsa sport, cam, lower pulley. I dropped my car off when all the parts came in on Dec. 28th,2016. They told me it would be ready by Dec. 31st,2016. They call me and let me on the 31st to let me know that lingenfelter sent the wrong belt and they would be able to get my car finished until tueday when the belt comes in. I say okay stuff happens. The get the belt and install it and say okay we need another extra day to tune the car. So its not wednesday and i expect my car to be ready. I call the shop and they say well we are having a problem with the stock fuel pump pushing enough fuel on E-85 (they never told me this would be a problem in the beginning) So i go up to the shop and they say we can tune it for 93 until you want to do a new fuel system. I say okay fine go ahead and i will order the parts and drop it back off when it comes in. Then as im watching my car on the dyno, it starts smoking after the first pull. They say they need some time to look at the car on the lift to find out why its smoking. They first tell me its a power steering leak(which i knew i had a tiny leak) then they say no its a rear main seal leak. Then they say no you have a broken motor mount and its causing a U joint to leak grease onto the headers and thats where the smoke is coming from. It takes them 3 days to replace my motor mounts. They say the car is still leaking. They call me today to tell me this and say we need to put it back on the lift, They are saying its a transmission leak now. I have been without my car for 14 days now. Should i cut my losses and take my car to another shop? Can motor mounts break on the dyno? Could broken motor mounts cause a leak onto the headers? any advice would be great.
    09 cts-v sedan 592rwhp 580rwtq
    -Airraid cai, 2.55 lingenfelter upper pulley,FIC 1000cc injectors,flex fuel,kb bap, 160 degree t-stat.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    V motor mounts do tend to break and would leak on the header, a dyno pull could break a mount.

Some of there stories sound legit except one. How would they not know,with the mods you were having installed, that the stock fuel system would not be enough with E85.

Other common source of oil leaks after the type of mods you did are valve covers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Would the stock fuel pump handle the mods on 93? They called me back a few minutes ago and told me that an input shaft bolt was lose and causing the leak. They also tried to tell me they cant tune it for power until i get a fuel pump because even on 93 its running out of fuel on the top end. Im not mechanically savvy enough to know if this is true or not.
    -Airraid cai, 2.55 lingenfelter upper pulley,FIC 1000cc injectors,flex fuel,kb bap, 160 degree t-stat.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Your license plate "E85"?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Should have enough pump for your mods on 93, unless your lower pulley is obnoxious

679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTXV View Post
    Your license plate "E85"?
    yes sir

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Which shop is it?

Pretty hard to max out good, working, stock pumps on 93 and stock heads/blower, as you need over 700, I believe, to do so.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
    Sales@dynamicflowconcepts.net
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    Should have enough pump for your mods on 93, unless your lower pulley is obnoxious

Its a 9.1 lower pulley

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    Which shop is it?

Pretty hard to max out good, working, stock pumps on 93 and stock heads/blower, as you need over 700, I believe, to do so.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    Serious Horsepower in houston

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

What size injectors? If you were doing E85 I'm thinking greater than 1000cc. I would think you would have enough fuel for a upper, lower and a cam.... on a stock pump with 93. I'll let the pro's chime in.

2009 Radiant Silver A6 l Sunroof Delete l LS9 Cam l Airaid l Stainless Works l ID850 l Metco 2.4 l LPE Pump l Ported TB l Badlanz Cutouts l Diono Babyseats

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Not all the stock pumps actually perform the same, and they can slow a bit over time.

Chances are you are ok on 93, but it should be monitored, especially in cold weather.

DSX pump setup might be in your future.

Dynamicflowconcepts.net

2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TBracing V View Post
    yes sir
    FWIW, they told me the same story about your car. Whether its correct or not, I don't know. But it's consistent.

I know that doesn't help you at all, but some of the experts here have already chimed in, and many more will follow. Good luck.

I work in Cypress and see you all the time. I've tried to get through some traffic to have some fun but never could. Looks like I won't waste my time next time.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    FWIW, they told me the same story about your car. Whether its correct or not, I don't know. But it's consistent.

I know that doesn't help you at all, but some of the experts here have already chimed in, and many more will follow. Good luck.

I work in Cypress and see you all the time. I've tried to get through some traffic to have some fun but never could. Looks like I won't waste my time next time.
    I hope that they are telling the truth and i just have bad luck. But something doesn't feel right and 14 days with my car for half ass results is not okay with me. I live in cypress. I use to work out here but sold my company last month and work in spring now. Im sure ill see you around eventually.
    pleasantsb likes this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Is anyone named Timmy working on you car?

Evil_V likes this.
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

I've been told he's no longer there.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

No Michael and Sam have been the ones working on it.

2X 9 second club
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

I thought the same thing when I read the shops name
    Silver surfer, 2016 Radiant Silver V3, stock
    little red- 9.99@138 on the corn best mph 139 1/4 108.6 1/8 (sold)
    big silver - 9.63@142 on the spray (sold)

my GM High Tech article:
    Hidden Content

See the videos at:
    Hidden Content

2X 9 second club
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I've been told he's no longer there.
    training for cage fights.....
    Silver surfer, 2016 Radiant Silver V3, stock
    little red- 9.99@138 on the corn best mph 139 1/4 108.6 1/8 (sold)
    big silver - 9.63@142 on the spray (sold)

my GM High Tech article:
    Hidden Content

See the videos at:
    Hidden Content

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Any update on this? I noticed your car was gone today.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    For what it's worth.... all my new headers have smoked after I install them. and it dissipates later in the day. sucks about your car, regardless....
    Hidden Content

Airaid w/ Green Filter, Ported LS7 TB, Powder coated wheels with pretty black Gorilla lugs, MT ET SS 305/35/19's, PAC Nav Unlock, 2 Recaro Sport Child seats, and blacked out everything. Mod Pile: Vadder Destroyer HX, ZL1 lid (milled, ported, reinforced and painted), ID850's, Headers, WCCH (soon to be) ported heads, '11 fender vents, back-up camera, Blacked-out Headlights, 5K fogs.

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    All headers will smoke unless the tech wears gloves, and anyone else who handled them.

Dynamicflowconcepts.net

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TBracing V View Post
    I have a 2009 cts-v automatic sedan. The first round of mods in oct.2015 i did 2.55 upper pulley, cai, injectors,flex fuel,boost-a-pump and tune. The car ran great. I go back to the same shop to have some more work done and now im in a mess. The car has 50k miles on the dot. I go in to get ARH,Corsa sport, cam, lower pulley. I dropped my car off when all the parts came in on Dec. 28th,2016. They told me it would be ready by Dec. 31st,2016. They call me and let me on the 31st to let me know that lingenfelter sent the wrong belt and they would be able to get my car finished until tueday when the belt comes in. I say okay stuff happens. The get the belt and install it and say okay we need another extra day to tune the car. So its not wednesday and i expect my car to be ready. I call the shop and they say well we are having a problem with the stock fuel pump pushing enough fuel on E-85 (they never told me this would be a problem in the beginning) So i go up to the shop and they say we can tune it for 93 until you want to do a new fuel system. I say okay fine go ahead and i will order the parts and drop it back off when it comes in. Then as im watching my car on the dyno, it starts smoking after the first pull. They say they need some time to look at the car on the lift to find out why its smoking. They first tell me its a power steering leak(which i knew i had a tiny leak) then they say no its a rear main seal leak. Then they say no you have a broken motor mount and its causing a U joint to leak grease onto the headers and thats where the smoke is coming from. It takes them 3 days to replace my motor mounts. They say the car is still leaking. They call me today to tell me this and say we need to put it back on the lift, They are saying its a transmission leak now. I have been without my car for 14 days now. Should i cut my losses and take my car to another shop? Can motor mounts break on the dyno? Could broken motor mounts cause a leak onto the headers? any advice would be great.
    For comparison.

I have the same mods (pulley combo, headers) as you minus the cam and I have a ported blower.

I was good with ID850s on 93oct for 636hp and stock fuel pump.

When I added E85 I also added a BAP (soon to be DMS aux pump) and FIC1000's which allowed me to run 60% safely and put me at 708hp.

As Karch mentioned not all fuel pumps are equal and mine is also manual which boosts my HP a tad.

I think your good with ID850s and stock fuel pump on 93oct until 700hp per @LTZ1.
    2009 6MT - 708hp E63CORN-634hp/637tq 93 octane - stock cam-- 2.5/91 - ported blower/snout/90mm LS7 Mamo TB - Track Attack HX - Norcal Ice box - FIC 1000 - JMS BAP- Dsteck FF - MM catch can - ZL1 lid - AirAid Green Filter - pocket protector/side swipe-Kooks 1 7/8 Headers - 22in resonators - SW catback

Sponsored Links