door lock actuator
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kliped

Thread: door lock actuator

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

door lock actuator

hey guys i was seeing if you could help me out real quick. i want to order a replacement driver door lock actuator because it seems mine is getting a bit weak and is not always opening the door like the other doors.
    My problem is i seem to be having a hard time determining exactly which part number i need. I have a 2011 sedan, automatic, remote start and passive entry (isnt this standard for all cts v sedans?), most of the gm oem parts websites have both part number 22922944 and 22922943 listed when i type in my exact information. then i emailed gmpartsdirect.com and they told me i need part number 23190383 lol they said they pulled that part number directly from gm catalog based on my info, wtf that part number is not even listed on their site under my vehicle lol, i am about to pull my hair out over this silly thing! the vin is 1G6DV5EP1B0164241 if that help at all. thanks guys!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Just call the parts department at a Cadillac dealership. They'll be happy to give you the parts number. I need to get the actuator for my passenger rear door. It finally quit totally.
    Austin Performance Inc
    Home of the all original Sideswipe Air Deflector and Pocket Protector Heat Shield.
    I also sell new GM motors and parts for great prices. Cheapest available.
    New LSA shortblock $4495
    New Forged LSA short block $5390.

2009 CTS-V, M6

Metco 2.4 pulley
    ID 850's
    Single Wide HX
    Sideswipe air deflector
    BTR stage 2 cam
    LS7 throttle body
    Airaid
    ZL1 lid
    OBX headers

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SS1LE02 View Post
    Just call the parts department at a Cadillac dealership. They'll be happy to give you the parts number. I need to get the actuator for my passenger rear door. It finally quit totally.
    Me too! Part numbers??? Lol
    Hidden Content

Airaid w/ Green Filter, Ported LS7 TB, Ruskiyab ZL1 lid (milled, ported, reinforced and detailed), Vadder Destroyer HX, LPE Varimax, 5K fogs, Powder coated wheels with pretty black Gorilla lugs, MT ET SS 305/35/19's, PAC Nav Unlock, 2 Recaro Sport Child seats, and blacked out everything. Mod Pile: ID850's, Headers, WCCH (soon to be) ported heads, '11 fender vents, back-up camera, Blacked-out Headlights.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I just installed a right rear yesterday, the last numbers were 38 i believe.
    184.7mph in the Texas Mile, Spring 2014. Just an average 75 mile daily driver.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I went ahead and ordered part# 23190383. Should be here in a couple days, will let you guys know if it works or not

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    hey guys, the part came in today and i went ahead and swapped them out. looks like part# 23190383 is the correct part number. the new actuator works great and no more "half open" or "no open" situations. i found this one on ebay for REALLY cheap here is the link 23190383 Door Lock Acutator Front Left Hand New OEM GM 2008-14 CTS Sedan/Wagon | eBay i was a bit skeptical, but it looks identical to the one i pulled out and the seller claims that they are left over oem assembly line parts that he buys directly from gm in bulk, hence why they are so cheap.
    the cable is the correct length, the only difference was where the metal rod, for the mechanical lock, attaches to the actuator there is a different type of clamp. in order to avoid not putting the rod back into its correct position, i went ahead a swapped over the old clamp

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Any rear door part numbers yet?
    Hidden Content

Airaid w/ Green Filter, Ported LS7 TB, Ruskiyab ZL1 lid (milled, ported, reinforced and detailed), Vadder Destroyer HX, LPE Varimax, 5K fogs, Powder coated wheels with pretty black Gorilla lugs, MT ET SS 305/35/19's, PAC Nav Unlock, 2 Recaro Sport Child seats, and blacked out everything. Mod Pile: ID850's, Headers, WCCH (soon to be) ported heads, '11 fender vents, back-up camera, Blacked-out Headlights.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86 View Post
    Any rear door part numbers yet?
    Sorry, i only needed to do my driver side front.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Was it easy to install? I have to replace my driver door and have the replacement actuator.
    2010 V 6MT - Thunder Gray, Recaros, Headers, Corsa Exhaust, Hennessey CAI, Velgen 20" wheels, Pilot SS tires

2006 V -Sold

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SS1LE02 View Post
    Man, my local dealer back home bitches up a storm about how they can't release P#'s over the phone, it's looked up via the VIN so you don't need it, blah blah blah. Another reason that stealership can kiss my ass.

Glad you got the right part on the first go round OP!
    2012 BDT Sedan - Recaro's, Ultraview, A6
    Stg 1 (as-purchased): Airaid, EE catchcan, 2.4", TR7IX, ported snout, Mamo LS7 TB, ID850's, ARH 1 7/8", Vadder Destroyer HX & CWA50 pump, ZL1 lid- 560rwhp/530rwtq SAE
    Stg 2: DMS Flexfuel sensor and fuel filter, reinforced brick and some purdy parts- TBD

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    Was it easy to install? I have to replace my driver door and have the replacement actuator.
    very easy install, just take your time and you wont damage/ screw anything up. also a word of advice, when removing the moister barrier, use a hair drier to heat up the sticky stuff and it will remove cleanly, then when you reinstall, use the hair drier again and it will reseal perfectly
    JD03Cobra likes this.

Sponsored Links