p219a Code
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.

Thread: p219a Code

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

p219a Code

So I know this means Bank 1 Air/Fuel Ratio Imbalance just wondering if anybody else has come across this. Possible causes listed are - Leaking or contaminated fuel injectors - Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel - Leaking evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge valve - Exhaust or intake air system leaks - Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system - Positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system is leaking or the valve is stuck open - Ignition system - Incorrectly seated engine oil dipstick, tube or oil fill cap. I'm slowing narrowing down the problems I changed the paper gaskets in the BB test pipes checked the air intake to make sure it wasn't leaking and cleaned the MAF sensor. It should not be low fuel pressure I have a BAP. I know it isn't the oil dipstick or cap, checked those. My guess would be the injectors I just recently did cam lower pulley and heads then went the cheap route with resized stock injectors. Next I'm going to attempt to switch injectors and see if the code changes. Any help Thanks...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Jesus, no body???

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Can you pull logs?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Nevermind I think I solved it, bad injector o-ring.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Did the injector o-ring issue solve the problem? I have the same issue.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfedog View Post
    Nevermind I think I solved it, bad injector o-ring.
    Just wondering if the bad injector o-ring fixed your issue. My check engine light goes on and off. If I drive like a grandpa, I can get it to go off but any throttle feathering will set it off again.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    What was the final verdict here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by agent 409 View Post
    What was the final verdict here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well the bad injector oring wasn't it but I'm pretty sure I just discovered the problem while putting headers on. The last place to do any work to it ended up screwing up and we had to have the engine rebuilt due to a bent rod I'm guessing they did a rush job putting it back together because I just discovered my exhaust manifolds on the driver side, where the code was coming from, wasn't tightened down. There was two bolts not even in all the way and a couple more I loosened with just my fingers. Oh well lesson learned hopefully I don't screw up putting these headers and the SC back on.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfedog View Post
    Well the bad injector oring wasn't it but I'm pretty sure I just discovered the problem while putting headers on. The last place to do any work to it ended up screwing up and we had to have the engine rebuilt due to a bent rod I'm guessing they did a rush job putting it back together because I just discovered my exhaust manifolds on the driver side, where the code was coming from, wasn't tightened down. There was two bolts not even in all the way and a couple more I loosened with just my fingers. Oh well lesson learned hopefully I don't screw up putting these headers and the SC back on.
    Some of my header bolts backed out after install. Kooks suggests retorqueing after a few heat cycles which didn't happen on mine and I blew the gasket out. No code was thrown though.
    2009 6MT - 708hp E63CORN-634hp/637tq 93 octane - stock cam-- 2.5/91 - ported blower/snout/90mm LS7 Mamo TB - Track Attack HX - Norcal Ice box - FIC 1000 - JMS BAP- Dsteck FF - MM catch can - ZL1 lid - AirAid Green Filter - pocket protector/side swipe-Kooks 1 7/8 Headers - 22in resonators - SW catback

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Some of my header bolts backed out after install. Kooks suggests retorqueing after a few heat cycles which didn't happen on mine and I blew the gasket out. No code was thrown though.
    Well that's the only thing I can think it would be I guess I'll see once I get the headers on.

Sponsored Links