Steering wheel alllllllll jacked up. - Page 2
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Steering wheel alllllllll jacked up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I just had my alignment done and the shop I used said he was surprised that the fronts were 150. Not sure about rear.

here nor there
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I fully fund my 401k at work. Should I add after tax dollars to my 401k or should I put that money in a different account, like mutual funds?
    11 V Coupe - Airaid-LPE 2.55-FIC1000s-DSteck Flex Fuel Kit-KB DUAL BAP-Track Attack HX- StainlessWorks Headers -Forgestar CF5 19x9.5f 19x11r -Pilot Super Sports 265f- Nitto NT05 305r - 600whp Dynojet

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB22 View Post
    Bringing my car into the local alignment shop next week and i want to make sure everything is torqued to spec afterwards, can anyone confirm what the specs are front/rear?? thought i remember seeing somewhere around 150 ft/lbs front and 200ish rear?? Going to run as close to 0 on camber as i can for decent front tire wear and best hookup out back.
    I don't think you will get too close to O camber without grinding.
    184.7mph in the Texas Mile, Spring 2014. Just an average 75 mile daily driver.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Just had this same issue after a spring install and re-alignment. Showed up after a week of driving. Parked car in parking garage, wheel was perfectly straight. Came back out and immediately got the Service Stabillitrak error message as well as wheel being cocked to the left (similar to OP picture). Took back to alignment shop and asked them to recheck front and retorque to at least 150 on all LCA bolts. The camber on my passenger side was off as well as the toe. Fixed, no issue so far-been 2 days. But re-alignment def solved issue. I think what happens is in the extreme case the car basically crabs down the road with a wheel or 2 pointing in the wrong direction(by some amount). This causes an uncorrectable slip angle that the Stabillitrak complains about and throws an electronic hissy fit and sits in the corner pouting! Re-alignment fixes the pouting and hissy-fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by DenaliTim View Post
    I just had my alignment done and the shop I used said he was surprised that the fronts were 150. Not sure about rear.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by kinghurl View Post
    Just had this same issue after a spring install and re-alignment. Showed up after a week of driving. Parked car in parking garage, wheel was perfectly straight. Came back out and immediately got the Service Stabillitrak error message as well as wheel being cocked to the left (similar to OP picture). Took back to alignment shop and asked them to recheck front and retorque to at least 150 on all LCA bolts. The camber on my passenger side was off as well as the toe. Fixed, no issue so far-been 2 days. But re-alignment def solved issue. I think what happens is in the extreme case the car basically crabs down the road with a wheel or 2 pointing in the wrong direction(by some amount). This causes an uncorrectable slip angle that the Stabillitrak complains about and throws an electronic hissy fit and sits in the corner pouting! Re-alignment fixes the pouting and hissy-fitting.
    The issue how I understand it is that the bolts aren't torque enough, even at what's suggested. However who knows. I just added the Nordloc washer this go around. Tired of front tire wear. If anything, I wish I would see rear wear

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    The issue how I understand it is that the bolts aren't torque enough, even at what's suggested. However who knows. I just added the Nordloc washer this go around. Tired of front tire wear. If anything, I wish I would see rear wear
    Good points. Meant to add that I threw on the same Nordlock washers on the front LCAs ad I have on the rear when they were moving around last year. Worked great for rear. No movement in over 6K of enthusiastic driving.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I searched for the nord lock washers. Where did you get them? I heard we need size 9/16" & 5/8" for the front.
    Can someone please let me know what's sizes are needed front and rear and where to buy? Need to solve this problem once and for all.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerbox77 View Post
    I searched for the nord lock washers. Where did you get them? I heard we need size 9/16" & 5/8" for the front.
    Can someone please let me know what's sizes are needed front and rear and where to buy? Need to solve this problem once and for all.
    Check this

Alignment done a month ago and again today, what happened?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Did a 4-wheel alignment at the end of December(12 days ago) and 2 days ago it moved(front). Turns out the dude didn't apply nearly enough torque. Even with the washers in place you still need a large amount of torque.
    The washers I used are the Nordlock 073-410-1:
    5/8"/M16 x 1.21" Nord-Lock Washer, Pair
    I now have these installed on both front and rear LCAs. I installed them on both the bolt head and nut side-probably overkill, but given how much of a hassle it is to go back in, after you may have worn out your tires, cost of alignments, opportunity cost...blah blah, I went with overkill.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by kinghurl View Post
    Did a 4-wheel alignment at the end of December(12 days ago) and 2 days ago it moved(front). Turns out the dude didn't apply nearly enough torque. Even with the washers in place you still need a large amount of torque.
    The washers I used are the Nordlock 073-410-1:
    5/8"/M16 x 1.21" Nord-Lock Washer, Pair
    I now have these installed on both front and rear LCAs. I installed them on both the bolt head and nut side-probably overkill, but given how much of a hassle it is to go back in, after you may have worn out your tires, cost of alignments, opportunity cost...blah blah, I went with overkill.
    So we need 8 of these for the front and 4 for the rear and are they all the same 5/8"? Thanks
    Last edited by Racerbox77; 01-12-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerbox77 View Post
    So we need 8 of these for the front and 4 for the rear and are they all the same 5/8"? Thanks
    Yes. I only did the fronts since that seems to be the issues I'm having. Don't be in shock of the cost between the cost of washers and shipping
    Racerbox77 likes this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Just ordered 12 of them. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links