Control Arm Bushings - Page 10
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Control Arm Bushings

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I'll get a list together.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    ID850's, 2.4 upper, Track Attack HX, Varimax pump, ZL1 Lid, Texas Speed headers, Airaid with green filter, Moroso catch can, LPE tank, PLX wideband, tuned by Pat G.

Site Supporter
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASteggall View Post
    Not sure if you are talking about the upper or lower arms. The lower is 148 lb ft for the small bushing and 236 lb ft for the big bushing. The uppers you probably are not going to fing a torque spec for because they are replaced as an assembly, but the upper mounting bolts is 83 lb ft.
    Thank you for helping him. But I should note, your torque values are backwards for the lower control arm. The smaller bushing (more towards the rear of the car) uses the 16mm bolt and the larger bushing(towards the front of the car)uses the 14mm bolt. You should be able to notice it quickly as the 14mm bolt takes a 21mm socket and the 16mm bolt takes a 24mm socket.
    Open Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00pm PST
    Phone: 503-316-1811
    Fax: 503-316-1814
    Email: Hidden Content

Follow us on Facebook!: Hidden Content

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by CSTech View Post
    Thank you for helping him. But I should note, your torque values are backwards for the lower control arm. The smaller bushing (more towards the rear of the car) uses the 16mm bolt and the larger bushing(towards the front of the car)uses the 14mm bolt. You should be able to notice it quickly as the 14mm bolt takes a 21mm socket and the 16mm bolt takes a 24mm socket.
    Correct I had them backwards. Looks like there is a error in my service manual it list the front as 148 and the rear as 236,but on the bolt callout the numbering is inverted and I just looked at the numbers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84...ew?usp=sharing

Still should of seen the bigger bolt would be the higher setting. @Typhoon43 please make sure you update the sticky you were working on with the correct values.
    ID850's, 2.4 upper, Track Attack HX, Varimax pump, ZL1 Lid, Texas Speed headers, Airaid with green filter, Moroso catch can, LPE tank, PLX wideband, tuned by Pat G.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Update on rear bushings?
    2012 CTS-V Coupe 6MT - 4.5"/102 combo, fully ported blower, TEA Stg2 LSA heads, LT1Z Stg 2.5 cam, SW 2" Catless, 2.5/9.1 pullies, -10 ZL1 lid, ID850's, TA+low mount, Varimax, Norcal, etc. Tuned by Mike @ New Era. Labor by New Era Performance. 720 hp & 659tq

APRIL 2017: DSX Aux Pump, DSX Flex Sensor, ID1000's & Corsa Touring. Installed @ Weapon X Motorsports. Tuned by Jeremy@WXM - 708whp on pump - 758 on E58

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Let me start by saying I'm not the brightest guy in the world and that is because I had Jordan's front-end bushing kit (street/strip, not race) sitting on my work bench since the first release.. Nov Dec?? And just installed them last week, and I had been driving a ill handling car, with the idea that the bushings will help "some".. WRONG!! They helped A TON!! I have had to replace the rear cradle bushings with the White Line Kit, have CS "Toe links" totally worth the $$ and now the front upper and lower control arms have been replaced and aligned. Before the car didn't seem to keep the alignment for too long, thought it was me just being over touchy, nope the bushings were shit. When I pulled the upper arms out you could take the center metal part and just spin it with pliers, lower rear bushing I was able to just hit with the ball side of the hammer and it came out in 4-5 hits. I will take a pic of the kit I got for $110 that even worked for the large front bushing no problem if anyone is inerested.
    NOTE: when installing the upper control arms back to the tower mount it was my experience you have to connect the arm before the spring because the new bolts in the kit have to be installed with the zerk fitting towards the spring. Not ideal, and having thought about it, if there is a next time I may mark the tower where they are close and give it a couople well placed reforming hits with a ballpeen hammer.
    I have the stock springs all the way around, only cut a 1/4 coil on the front and a heavy 1/4 on rear. I have 81k on the car, and it's a FL car, so I believe the heat does kill/dry rot them quicker??

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by fubar569 View Post
    Update on rear bushings?

yeah what he said?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I did the driver's side upper and lower bushings yesterday and put a new shock in while I was at it. The job isnt too difficult, except when it comes to getting the old bushings out. Rent a GOOD press or just take them to a shop and have them press the bushings out and save yourself the work, trust me, you dont want to spend the effort and time cutting, beating, etc. I will do the passenger side next week and get an alignment and report back. Here is a list of torque specs I gathered up from this thread and Jordan from Creative Steel.

lower arm front bushing 148 ft lb
    lower arm rear bushing 236 ft lb
    upper bushings 80 ft lb
    strut bolts 83 ft lb
    strut tower brace nuts 59 ft lb
    strut tower brace bolts 83 ft lb
    upper ball joint 59 ft lb
    2 bolts on lower shock 18 ft lbs
    calipers 129 ft lb
    Lower control arm ball joint 30ft/lbs plus 120 degrees
    end link - 92ft/lbs
    Steering rod ?