Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Can't find a place to buy Rear Shocks?

17K views 136 replies 44 participants last post by  Hodge 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, I have a 2011 Coupe and I can't seem to find anywhere that carries rear shocks. The ones I found said they don't have the "Magnetic" function. Is there a better replacement beside Delco or coil over conversions?

If by any chance someone remembers the part numbers for the drivers side and passenger would be very helpful.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Thats how they make they're money back from selling parts at 5% over cost.

#6 ·
I got mine on Amazon for the cheapest price.

#7 ·
Amazon is pretty high right now. Text Font Screenshot

Track Amazon for awhile because they usually do have the best prices and typically kick rock autos ass.

Sent from your Mom's bedroom using TapaMilf 2.0

#9 ·
Amazon is pretty high right now. View attachment 29436

Track Amazon for awhile because they usually do have the best prices and typically kick rock autos ass.

DAMN they went up!! I paid low $300 for mine about a year ago.

#8 ·
Try gmpartsheadquarters.com and use CTSVOWNER for free shipping, but I did hear they are on backorder everywhere so they may not have them.

Reactions: 7camaro7
#10 ·
Thanks guys are the left and right the same part number. When I searched amazon I didn't come up with anything.... Damn, at 300 a peice, coil overs don't seem so bad!

#11 ·
And I'm sure the GM / Delco shocks are going to leak out again. Do they make them in the aftermarket?

#12 ·
Mine leaked because when I lowered the car I didn't remove the bumpstops. I paid a little over $300 for both of them. Yes I do beleive they are different part numbers for the left/right.

#13 ·
Damn! That's a good deal compared to what I'm seeing now, and no one has them in stock.

#16 ·
I placed an order with Amazon back in November for the rear passenger side at $220.00. This was unfortunately up from the ~$195 per side I saw back in October. They still haven't shipped it. While many places online will offer to sell you the shocks very few places have any in stock or can even get them. They are on national back order. To get any dealer that has them in stock to release them to you, you will need to provide your vin and be prepared to shell out $400 or more each side.

#17 ·
Makes me wonder if another platform has figured out how to upgrade and utilize magnaride shocks.

Sounds a lot like the Zlid shortage.

#18 ·
Its a supplier issue.

#19 · (Edited)
So was the ZLid

Meaning supplier never agreed to make that many service parts and the CTSV demand on service parts Zlids was an issue.

Service contracts with GM are an issue if you exceed capacity

#20 ·
So was the ZLid

Was there a design issue with the ZL1 lid that they had to change production?

#21 ·
No, but some asshole read an article about the Z lid had a better IC brick and made better HP than a v lid and there was a run on Z lids for ctsv's

#22 ·
That guy is a dick.

#23 ·
I'm still trying to figure out how to lower my engine a 1/4"....lol

#24 ·
Nobody has talked about it yet but honestly 6mm would be just fine. I wouldn't worry about the full .250

#25 ·
Rear shocks are nationally back ordered no matter who you go through... They're are NONE available with no ETA on when they'll be available again. Best bet is to go coilovers if that's your cup-of-tea or maybe find some used, that what I had to do.

#26 ·
I'm starting to see that the stock ones might not be an option of a while. I wasn't really trying to spend a bunch on suspension till I got my heads on the car, but what options do I have for Coilovers? I thought I seen sets for 1000 to 1200...seemed like off brand sets, but I'm no expert.

#27 ·
Also, would going to Coilovers throw a any codes for the suspension....being as the magnetic ride would be disabled?

#28 ·
You'd have a message on your dash, kw coilovers Come with connectors to trick the body control Module. There's also D2 which I've heard mixed reviews about they're substantially cheaper but have no connectors. I ran the D2 coiloverss on my 8aec Evo with no complaints, but have no experience with them on a V

#33 ·
Jarhead doesn't do that, he gets them for less, albeit stolen, then sells them for a good price.

Jablowme is the one that gets great deals and sells them here for profit, at least until he was told to become a vendor if he wants to sell here.

For CNC ported blowers and more, visit:
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

#35 ·
This is what I came across....

#36 ·
For $1000 I guess it's not to bad if they fit and work. I would imagine I can possibly disable the message on the dash thru HPTUNERS?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.