KillerChiller
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Karch
  • 1 Post By Lt1z

Thread: KillerChiller

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

KillerChiller

I'm still looking at interchiller options. KillerChiller has kits for CTSV's and others. Anyone here have experience with them? I emailed them, they claim it's plug-n-play with no hose modifications (can easily demod). I searched the forum, last mention was in 2015.
    2009.5 Passion Red Metallic G8 GT
    Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. -Pausch

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    You wont get alot of interchiller info on this forum, go on the zl1 forum they tend to be more popular on there, but they do work.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Why is that? I am trying to learn more about these kits as well. I see a lot of posts and videos online of really low IAT2's at idle and cruising. I am curious how big of a difference there is on long pulls. Starting with a lower IAT should help I would think. They tell you to remove the hx with these kits and add as much capacity as you can. I am running a 2.4/9.1 pulley combo and am doing a half mile event the end of June. Trying to figure out the best way to keep my IATs under control. I currently have the lingenfelter hx, ZR1 pump, deleted hard lines, with the D3 expansion tank. Also have the ZL1 lid (more for looks than anything). I like the theory of being able to plummet my IAT temps while staging at the track and even for this half mile.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Best method is methanol.
    Ross L and 12CoupeV like this.
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    As Karch said, best method is methanol injection, with straight methanol. Pre and post boost, in the CAI, and in the lid. The kit is half the price of the interchiller, and it gets the job done great! Hit up Rodney at ProMeth, he is a very knowledgeable guy, and he can get you hooked up for your setup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KillerChiller-img_0371.jpg KillerChiller-img_0372.jpg KillerChiller-img_0383.jpg
    2012 WD Coupe A6

Stage 1 - Airraid CAI, Ported LS7, 2.4 Metco Pulley Kit with 100mm idler, FIC 1000's, DSteck Flex Sensor, FasterProms Tank, AFCO Low Mount HX, Varimax Pump, Mighty Mouse Catch Can, B&B Test Pipes, Custom 3" X pipe and catback with Spintech Mufflers

Stage 2 - LS9 Cam, TSP 9.1 Lower, KB BAP, APR Splitter

Stage 3 - removed B&B Test Pipes, added ARH 2" Headers, ProMeth Methanol Injection pre/post boost, Justin White Tuned

Stage 4 - eventually...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 12CoupeV View Post
    As Karch said, best method is methanol injection, with straight methanol. Pre and post boost, in the CAI, and in the lid. The kit is half the price of the interchiller, and it gets the job done great! Hit up Rodney at ProMeth, he is a very knowledgeable guy, and he can get you hooked up for your setup.
    What activates the meth on that kit? Map signal? Hobbs switch?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    The pro meth kit looks like a very clean install.

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylo708 View Post
    Why is that? I am trying to learn more about these kits as well. I see a lot of posts and videos online of really low IAT2's at idle and cruising. I am curious how big of a difference there is on long pulls. Starting with a lower IAT should help I would think. They tell you to remove the hx with these kits and add as much capacity as you can. I am running a 2.4/9.1 pulley combo and am doing a half mile event the end of June. Trying to figure out the best way to keep my IATs under control. I currently have the lingenfelter hx, ZR1 pump, deleted hard lines, with the D3 expansion tank. Also have the ZL1 lid (more for looks than anything). I like the theory of being able to plummet my IAT temps while staging at the track and even for this half mile.
    Best method is Active Interchiller, we have other customers going to that half mile. The reason they say lose the H/E is for room on the V2. We have an advanced bypass system but then you have to cut the bumper for Chiller to fit. You already have the the pump and reservoir for the best setup to add a Chiller. Our kit is the best value with nothing modified under hood! That same setup goes standing mile without pulling timing with our Chiller the original Interchiller.

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

GizmoQ and his XLR V fitted in 2012, running 20lb on a North star. This is after 30 minutes driving, people commented about this very sight when he opened the hood after running the Texas Mile!

Texas Mile 10/27/12 853AM shakedown run.
    2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo Super Street Modified Class Champion
    ECTA Land Speed Racing Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 165.6MPH
    ---------
    This car came in with IATs way over 200deg, it is internally geared to make 20lb boost and runs crazy hot. They are also known for not getting good cold air intake. TX mile was 126deg max with our 13” Chiller.
    Last edited by TrekGTO; 05-18-2017 at 05:56 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    What makes the interchiller better than meth?

What makes meth better than the interchiller?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    What makes the interchiller better than meth?

What makes meth better than the interchiller?
    I had Meth in 08 before the first Interchiller in 09 they work well together, I use 50/50. My local source Speed World moved away so it is harder for me to source now. Meth gives you octane but it takes large quantities to do the work of an Interchiller. I took an order today from a Forum Member with a V2 Heartbeat 850HP He said Meth was not cutting it here in FL. I installed Meth on the XLR V above at the same time as the Chiller, it’s very common to use both.

Interchiller never needs to be refilled and as long as you use AC it cost nothing to use and prevents Heat Soak. Interchiller allows you to hot lap and makes a big difference on consistency. Intrchiller is passive for street use Meth only sprays under boost but like I said they work well together.

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by George536 View Post
    What activates the meth on that kit? Map signal? Hobbs switch?
    When doing meth on these cars I use a MAF trigger rather then Map

Sponsored Links