Tuner needed
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Justin.white9407

Thread: Tuner needed

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

Tuner needed

Hey guys I live in the Birmingham Metro of Alabama, was curious to know if there were any tuners around me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MYV
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    DBR performance, in Spring Hill Tennessee.

Off of hwy 65. Maybe 2 hrs from your location.
    MY RESUME

2.4 Pulley, LS7PTB, AirRaid
    E85, Billy Boat Exh.
    Dyno-Speed Racing HX
    QTP, Vittness Throttle Controller

595/576

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Would you know if it would be okay to drive with a smaller pulley and intake up there, and maybe bigger injectors, trying to make good power and not go to crazy with it lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    If you stay out of boost (you can remove the blower belt and be fine) you won't have an issue.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
    Sales@dynamicflowconcepts.net
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 13BlackV2 View Post
    Would you know if it would be okay to drive with a smaller pulley and intake up there, and maybe bigger injectors, trying to make good power and not go to crazy with it lol

You might be fine on driving without the supercharger belt, but I wouldn't try to drive on injectors untuned.

I went through the same issue as you when I first bought my V. I didn't feel comfortable with any of the local tuners and I didn't want to try to drive on mods untuned. I contacted Patrick Guerra and bought HP Tuners and had him send me a tune. It was a pretty simple process and the car runs fine.
    2009 CTS-V - 2.4 upper, FIC1000, Airaid, Headers, Track Attack, PatG Tuned
    2013 Mustang GT - 430/400 11.90@116.7 SOLD
    1992 Mustang LX - 4.8/4L80e LSx Turbo project
    1966 Buick Riviera - 425ci Nailhead

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Too many horror stories of the tuners around here, gotta have someone I can trust. Lol

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Anybody heard of Justin white he is on here but said he does a lot of remote tuning.. told me to ask around about him lol

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

Tuner needed

Anybody heard of Justin white he is on here but said he does a lot of remote tuning.. told me to ask around about him lol

Brand new to the forum, just added on as a vendor.

Have not heard any V2 tuning feedback yet.

679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    new to forums lol. check out my facebook Justin white tuned. I have a pretty big v2 following. I prefer in person but for a single person its a little expensive. usually easier to get a group of 5 or more together and I will fly in. I will be in Orlando doing 4 cars for Cadillac attack on the 11th if you are going to attend that.
    13BlackV2 likes this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDFabrizio View Post
    You might be fine on driving without the supercharger belt, but I wouldn't try to drive on injectors untuned.

I went through the same issue as you when I first bought my V. I didn't feel comfortable with any of the local tuners and I didn't want to try to drive on mods untuned. I contacted Patrick Guerra and bought HP Tuners and had him send me a tune. It was a pretty simple process and the car runs fine.
    ^^^This Patrick is who I used also easy to work with and knows his stuff. If it wouldn't of been for me missing putting on my X line on the boost bypass he would of had the tune nailed in three. Even after I found the vacuum leak he had it all fixed up in two tunes.
    ID850's, 2.4 upper, Track Attack HX, Varimax pump, ZL1 Lid, Texas Speed headers, Airaid with green filter, Moroso catch can, LPE tank, PLX wideband, tuned by Pat G.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin.white9407 View Post
    new to forums lol. check out my facebook Justin white tuned. I have a pretty big v2 following. I prefer in person but for a single person its a little expensive. usually easier to get a group of 5 or more together and I will fly in. I will be in Orlando doing 4 cars for Cadillac attack on the 11th if you are going to attend that.
    I wish, waiting on back tires. bought it from a used lot, everything was perfect until I got home and took the wheels off to repaint rotors and clean the calipers...

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Oh man that doesn't look too good lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Lady driven?

Lol welcome and best of luck with the tune.
    Current mods
    Lt1z stage 2 cam - johnson lifters - Dynospeed 4.5 intake/Green filter - Mamo LS7 ported TB - ARH headers and x-pipe to stock mufflers - Weapon X Track attack HX - weaponX carbon fiber spoiler and side blades - Varimax HX pump - NGK afx wide band - 2.45 Griptech upper - ATI lower 8.8 ring - Green belt - idler pulley - Id850s, Zl1 lid - NGK TR7ix - MSD wires - Mighty mouse catch can - BMR ice box - Side Swipe -
    160ish or 170 thermostat- Tuned.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    It was a "corporate car". Has 60k miles they did 20k a year. Needs an alignment bad lol all four were like this all on the inside

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I wish, waiting on back tires. bought it from a used lot, everything was perfect until I got home and took the wheels off to repaint rotors and clean the calipers...

Pretty sure dealers have a legal obligation to only sell a car that has tires that meet federal DOT minimum tread depth which I think is 2/32nds. You may want to look into it

U.S. law requires tires to have easy-to-see Tread Wear Indicator bars running from one side of their tread design to the other when the tire's tread has worn down to the minimum legal limit of 2/32 inch.
    Last edited by Barryg; 02-05-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    2009 6MT - 708hp E63CORN-634hp/637tq 93 octane - stock cam-- 2.5/91 - ported blower/snout/90mm LS7 Mamo TB - Track Attack HX - Norcal Ice box - FIC 1000 - JMS BAP- Dsteck FF - MM catch can - ZL1 lid - AirAid Green Filter - pocket protector/side swipe-Kooks 1 7/8 Headers - 22in resonators - SW catback

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Pretty sure dealers have a legal obligation to only sell a car that has tires that meet federal DOT minimum tread depth which I think is 2/32nds. You may want to look into it

U.S. law requires tires to have easy-to-see Tread Wear Indicator bars running from one side of their tread design to the other when the tire's tread has worn down to the minimum legal limit of 2/32 inch.
    Already got my hefty down payment back. Lol so I could get some new ones. Atleast the backs weren't too terrible but they are still bald on the insides.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I also live around Birmingham. I used Bryan at speedsouth. But there are multiple tuners in the area.

Tommy Presley-performance engineering
    Jon at Hesco also has his own shop north Birmingham I think it's called rpmextren.
    Scott Culbert has a cts-v and tunes at Blake's dyno in trussiville. I hope this helps

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I am going with DBR as well, great rep, incredible shop, friendly staff.

Dan L.
    TheChroniclesOfBoost - Instagram
    2012 CTS-V Wagon
    2014 Subaru WRX
    2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I'd probably be spending more time shopping for a good alignment shop rather than a tuner.
    Hellastock CTS-Vegan

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell205 View Post
    I also live around Birmingham. I used Bryan at speedsouth. But there are multiple tuners in the area.

Tommy Presley-performance engineering
    Jon at Hesco also has his own shop north Birmingham I think it's called rpmextren.
    Scott Culbert has a cts-v and tunes at Blake's dyno in trussiville. I hope this helps

Yeah my buddy used speed south for his big cam Camaro, I was gonna go there if nothing else was to show up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked Em View Post
    I'd probably be spending more time shopping for a good alignment shop rather than a tuner.
    Already done buddy

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I know of a alignment shop also but on a side note. Is your V at speedsouth right now?

Sent from my iTurd

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell205 View Post
    I know of a alignment shop also but on a side note. Is your V at speedsouth right now?

Sent from my iTurd
    Nope sure isn't lol

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDFabrizio View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ASteggall View Post
    ^^^This Patrick is who I used also easy to work with and knows his stuff. If it wouldn't of been for me missing putting on my X line on the boost bypass he would of had the tune nailed in three. Even after I found the vacuum leak he had it all fixed up in two tunes.
    I've worked with both Pat G and Justin White (who lives just a few miles from me). Both are good tuners and I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

I have more experience with Pat than Justin, and I can tell you that Pat G has been doing remote tuning for a VERY long time. He absolutely knows his stuff, he can read your logs and make perfect adjustments without ever seeing the car.

A couple of things to bear in mind:

1) In order to do a remote tune, YOU have to be fairly competent to collect log data and make sure your car is mechanically sound and that you are providing your tuner with CORRECT data. Remember - he is making decisions on the data, not your car. But that's the sign of a good tuner, IMHO. If the data is accurate, having to feel, touch, or sit in the car is a bit of a crutch. But tuners on here like Dave Steck, Matt/Lt1z, and others will tell you there ARE good advantages from seeing the car in person for a variety of reasons.

2) You'll probably need a little hardware - a wideband is a definite plus, and something like HP Tuners is also preferred. Guys like Pat G have a complete system in place to help ANYONE do a remote tune. But you do have some options there and you have to consider that aspect, too.

I would say if you are a novice and/or less comfortable with everything, Pat G is your man. He is reasonably priced, has been doing this for DECADES, and his expertise is among the best around bar none. I hope even the better tuners on this site would acknowledge he is a top notch guy.

As others said - Justin is new to the forum. I would say Justin is working VERY hard to prove himself, to establish a loyal customer base, and to improve and refine his skills. You should consider him vs Pat G or someone else for a few specific reasons:

1) You have the time to work with him and make multiple revisions of your tune to find all the quirks and spots you want to dial in. Justin is very detail-oriented and to establish his customer base, my take is he is willing to go the extra mile for new customers that give him their business. If your car is a track toy and you can work on it over time, Justin will do an excellent job and dial in whatever you want.

2) Justin is good if you have a number of "non-standard" requests. Again - to get his name out, he's willing and able to work with a wide variety of customers.

I don't have any first hand experience with the other tuners mentioned, but I would have 100% confidence in Pat G, and my confidence in Justin will hopefully improve as I have more experience with him.

If you are ready to go right away, send Pat G some money and rock-n-roll, you will NOT be disappointed!
    2014 OBM/Titanium CTS-V Wagon "The Blue Whale"
    Auto, All Options, Interior 100% stock.
    Custom touches here and there...needs driver mod badly!
    7xx to 8xx rwhp

2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Black leather interior, 8 Spd ZF Auto, all options
    Pulley and tune
    21" RS6 wheels /Super Sport 285's all around / Lowered on KW's

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Good thing is I just got hptuners not to long ago, I've talked with Justin white a few times, and he will most likely be the one I get to tune my car, I do need the aem wide band so he can see my a/f.

Sponsored Links