Wideband O2
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Eleventeen
  • 1 Post By CypressV

Thread: Wideband O2

Jim
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

Wideband O2

I'm getting some mods ready for installation soon and have been shopping for wideband controllers and was curious to know if anyone is using Innovates 3877 controller. It is the LC-2 controller without a gauge. I have HP Tuners and will be connecting the controller to the interface for scanning. Is there really a need for a separate gauge? I prefer to keep the stock "look" and while I know that the gauge can be mounted out of sight in either the glove box or center console near the 12 volt outlet, I doubt that I would use it. I searched and found a few using the LC-2 with the gauge but didn't find any using it without.

When I'm logging, I rely on the scanner and I typically run a log to and from work a few times a week or at least I did with my last car. If I don't run them as often with the V, I'll most likely run a new log shortly after filling the tank.

Thanks!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I have the innovate MTX-L that I also connect and log with HPT. My guage is mounted in the glove box and I may have looked at it 5x in a year.
    2009 6MT - 708hp E63CORN-634hp/637tq 93 octane - stock cam-- 2.5/91 - ported blower/snout/90mm LS7 Mamo TB - Track Attack HX - Norcal Ice box - FIC 1000 - JMS BAP- Dsteck FF - MM catch can - ZL1 lid - AirAid Green Filter - pocket protector/side swipe-Kooks 1 7/8 Headers - 22in resonators - SW catback

Jim
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Thanks! Looking forward to getting a few mods done and will probably call it good shortly before I sell the car in a few years....

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Have a look at the aem 30-0333. It outputs to the canbus, no worries about DC offset - and very fast. Several posts on hp tuners forum detailing it.
    2009.5 Passion Red Metallic G8 GT
    Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. -Pausch

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Ballenger's wideband is the one most often recommended by tuners on this forum.

I had an MTX in my TBSS and it failed after 2 years.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
    Sales@dynamicflowconcepts.net
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I have innovate LC-2 Digital Wideband and it also connects to Aero Force gauge. $179 frm Mont Motor sports.

Jim
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Thanks to all. I picked up the LC-2 controller with sensor and no gauge. I'll get it installed first and then move on to the rest of the mods. I also picked up the B&B test pipes which show to have 2 bungs welded to them already. Are these bungs in the proper location for the installation of the sensor or do I need to weld an additional bung in? I've read that the sensor (when you're using just one) needs to be in the passenger side pipe and would assume that the top bung would be the proper one to use assuming it's in the right location.

Thanks again!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    You will need to weld a bung

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Go with the Ballenger. Innovate isn't great for tuning but if you want it for a reference then it works.

Jim
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jchastain View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll weld one in each pipe just in case.

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    We offer a few options; Ballenger, Innovate, AEM, etc.

Ballenger would be our first choice, followed by Innovate & AEM. If you just want a controller with no gauge, LC-2 is a good option for the price.

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Ballenger is probably the best on a budget...

Almost any will work for monitoring to see if things are out of line.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll weld one in each pipe just in case.
    Make sure you test fit the 02 before welding the bung. You want to make sure you have access to install/remove it without having to remove the test pipe
    12' A6, 2.5/9.1, Btr stage 2 cam, 2" tsp catless headers, Fic 850's, jokerz ported stock tb, Dms reinforced brick, airaid with green filter, Bmr underhood icebox, Ta hx, varimax pump, eibach sedan springs, aem 30-0333 wideband.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Make sure you test fit the 02 before welding the bung. You want to make sure you have access to install/remove it without having to remove the test pipe
    I think it needs to be as close to the header collector/manifold end as possible. The angle of attachment is important as well.
    2009 CTS V Black Raven Sedan, M6, Recaro's, Ultraview
    Stage 0.6 Airaid CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, Kooks catted xpipe, stock mufflers, Mamofied LS7, NGK TR6, SM Dual CC, 160F stat, Dynojet tuned by Dave @dasilvamotorsport, SAE 526hp/508tq/91oct
    Stage -5.0 DD 2012 Dog Grandiose Caravan (Work vehicle), STOW-N-GO, 283bhp, torque....does it matter?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Thanks to all. I picked up the LC-2 controller with sensor and no gauge. I'll get it installed first and then move on to the rest of the mods. I also picked up the B&B test pipes which show to have 2 bungs welded to them already. Are these bungs in the proper location for the installation of the sensor or do I need to weld an additional bung in? I've read that the sensor (when you're using just one) needs to be in the passenger side pipe and would assume that the top bung would be the proper one to use assuming it's in the right location.

Thanks again!
    Since you're removing the cats, you can just delete the rear O2 sensors and turn off the codes. The WB sensor can go in the rear bung, unless you prefer a different spot. It doesn't need to be right behind the collector (and shouldn't be put that close due to the excessive temps), but the further away you put it, the slower the response. The secondary O2 position should work fine, provided the angle is between about 15-80 degrees from vertical.
    12CoupeV likes this.

Jim
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleventeen View Post
    Since you're removing the cats, you can just delete the rear O2 sensors and turn off the codes. The WB sensor can go in the rear bung, unless you prefer a different spot. It doesn't need to be right behind the collector (and shouldn't be put that close due to the excessive temps), but the further away you put it, the slower the response. The secondary O2 position should work fine, provided the angle is between about 15-80 degrees from vertical.
    Awesome! That sounds easy enough.

Thanks!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmgt View Post
    Have a look at the aem 30-0333. It outputs to the canbus, no worries about DC offset - and very fast. Several posts on hp tuners forum detailing it.
    X2 that. Simple , even for me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    FYI AEM released a clamp on style bung. No welding required. Clamp, drill hole and install sensor.
    12CoupeV likes this.
    2013 TG Sedan A6. Pulleys,Exhaust,Cam and Corn.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    When you guys are using the Ballenger wideband, are you using the stock Bosch sensor that it comes with or do you upgrading to the NTK?

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfhawk View Post
    When you guys are using the Ballenger wideband, are you using the stock Bosch sensor that it comes with or do you upgrading to the NTK?
    NTK.

Lmk if you need to buy one.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
    Sales@dynamicflowconcepts.net
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

Sponsored Links