GM Special Coverage Adjustment Supercharger Warranty Extension - Page 5
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: GM Special Coverage Adjustment Supercharger Warranty Extension

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASteggall View Post
    ^^This. Not to mention the hermonic was mostly on the M6 cars. On the A6 cars just drive like you got a pair and problem solved.
    Right on...mod up and quit crying lol!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Ballsy View Post
    Original owner.

There are plenty of guys with ZL1s earlier than my car with the solid piece. It's plausible that Eaton shipped to GM in a non-FIFO manner.

I hardly "got lucky", though. The solid piece is borderline undriveable if you have a manual.
    You just got 28 TriTexan Bonus points for using FIFO.
    2014 OBM/Titanium CTS-V Wagon "The Blue Whale"
    Auto, All Options, Interior 100% stock.
    Custom touches here and there...needs driver mod badly!
    7xx to 8xx rwhp

2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Black leather interior, 8 Spd ZF Auto, all options
    Pulley and tune
    21" RS6 wheels /Super Sport 285's all around / Lowered on KW's

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

GM Special Coverage Adjustment Supercharger Warranty Extension

Just going to say GM typically works on JIT and FIFO as the norm. Might not be chronological order, but within a few days stock.

No way would they have 3 month old product on a plant shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    Just going to say GM typically works on JIT and FIFO as the norm. Might not be chronological order, but within a few days stock.

No way would they have 3 month old product on a plant shelf.

I can't speak for the general assembly area of the facility (LGR for us, IIRC) but I have ABSOLUTELY seen body shops build out cars with 2-3 month old metal.

I won't go so far as to say they've made it out the door that way, and it wasn't specifically LGR I worked with, but we're not perfect about FIFO.

It can be very obvious when it's split in areas that have long since been addressed or they're trying to hem aluminum that was stamped more than 60 days ago (has to be hemmed within 60 days or the aluminum ages too much and cracks along the hemmed edge).

Edit: I shouldn't have said "build out", that implies they became finished vehicles. But the panels were absolutely run thru their respective body shop cells and physically hung on a vehicle before being eventually noticed.
    Last edited by 94383Z71; 01-21-2017 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Clarification
    2012 BDT Sedan - Recaro's, Ultraview, A6 >Hidden Content <
    Stg 1 (as-purchased): Airaid, EE catchcan, 2.4" Metco, TR7IX, ported snout, Mamo LS7 TB, ID850's, ARH 1 7/8", Vadder Destroyer HX & CWA50 pump, ZL1 lid- 560rwhp/530rwtq SAE
    Stg 1.5: DMS (Flex)Fuel Trio, reinforced brick and Black Moon Aero- TBD

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 94383Z71 View Post
    I can't speak for the general assembly area of the facility (LGR for us, IIRC) but I have ABSOLUTELY seen body shops build out cars with 2-3 month old metal.

I won't go so far as to say they've made it out the door that way, and it wasn't specifically LGR I worked with, but we're not perfect about FIFO.

It can be very obvious when it's split in areas that have long since been addressed or they're trying to hem aluminum that was stamped more than 60 days ago (has to be hemmed within 60 days or the aluminum ages too much and cracks along the hemmed edge).

Edit: I shouldn't have said "build out", that implies they became finished vehicles. But the panels were absolutely run thru their respective body shop cells and physically hung on a vehicle before being eventually noticed.
    I think the financial penalties/consequences of inventory deter most large mfgs from keeping anything around long. As LA noted JIT parts are the order of the day nowadays.
    2014 OBM/Titanium CTS-V Wagon "The Blue Whale"
    Auto, All Options, Interior 100% stock.
    Custom touches here and there...needs driver mod badly!
    7xx to 8xx rwhp

2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Black leather interior, 8 Spd ZF Auto, all options
    Pulley and tune
    21" RS6 wheels /Super Sport 285's all around / Lowered on KW's

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriTexan View Post
    I think the financial penalties/consequences of inventory deter most large mfgs from keeping anything around long. As LA noted JIT parts are the order of the day nowadays.
    I'm aware of how JIT fits in- I was working at a semi-contiguous stamping plant where every morning at 9:30 we met to discuss how assembly performed the day before compared to projections, and vice versa for how many good parts we were able to get to them.

Doesn't change how obvious it is when they're trying to run aluminum that's past its hem-by date, and it would have hit their inventory within 7 of the 60 days they have to use it.

Again, I'm not going to say that proves anything about S/C isolators, but fact of the matter is it is still human beings scheduling material/parts to their facility, unloading/storing them, and eventually getting them to the line. I know bodyshop can screw it up to the tune of 2mo old materials, so it wouldn't surprise me in GA is all.

Edit: I've been thinking and I could make this clearer.

When assembly orders from us, they order in 'packs' that are loosely figured around daily assy counts (+ safety margins for truck/rack/road damage, etc). For us, a pack was ~300 parts, and most days were 1-2 packs. They also required a minimum of two packs more than projections called for, in reserve.

Being contiguous, we had access to their parts inventory database. I can't even tell you how often we would have to REFUSE to make 300-1000 pieces of a panel because their inventory clearly showed they had enough for several days, because we needed that press time to make panels they really didn't have enough of. It was clear their ordering personnel were just pencil whipping the counts, for whatever reason (plenty of valid reasons for it, when you ignore the binds it put us in).

Combine that with lazy FIFO and ordering from an outside supplier that has much less incentive to say "no, I won't sell you another 500 units" (which is all they supply to that facility, unlike us), and it's much easier to see how 2mo old units could be used.

Especially when there's nothing different about the S/C to plant personnel, whereas body surface defects are meticulously examined for. Even if they knew there was a difference, I'd bet folding money someone was like "They can just take their car to the dealer for isolated update, rest of the unit is OK".
    Last edited by 94383Z71; 01-22-2017 at 09:27 AM. Reason: More detail
    2012 BDT Sedan - Recaro's, Ultraview, A6 >Hidden Content <
    Stg 1 (as-purchased): Airaid, EE catchcan, 2.4" Metco, TR7IX, ported snout, Mamo LS7 TB, ID850's, ARH 1 7/8", Vadder Destroyer HX & CWA50 pump, ZL1 lid- 560rwhp/530rwtq SAE
    Stg 1.5: DMS (Flex)Fuel Trio, reinforced brick and Black Moon Aero- TBD

CRK
    Raleigh NC area at the "Peak of Good Living"
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I am that guy

2010 Black Raven Sedan A6 Recaros Sunroof
    Airaid, QTP Cutouts with MME Ground n' Pound turn downs, Black Moon Splitter, ZL1 Blower Lid reinforced by ruskiyab

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Sorry if this has been asked before but is it really VIN specific for the recall?? I called 2 dealerships and GM and they said my VIN was not affected but I can hear the rattle at idle and even had a buddy that has had 2 CTS-Vs tell me that my internal bearings are bad and need to be replaced. I just got the car and it has 79k miles. Want to know if I should keep fighting for it or Reid they are right about being VIN specific.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

GM Special Coverage Adjustment Supercharger Warranty Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Tdotwin View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before but is it really VIN specific for the recall?? I called 2 dealerships and GM and they said my VIN was not affected but I can hear the rattle at idle and even had a buddy that has had 2 CTS-Vs tell me that my internal bearings are bad and need to be replaced. I just got the car and it has 79k miles. Want to know if I should keep fighting for it or Reid they are right about being VIN specific.
    Should only cover 2009-2013, I don't think 2014-15 V2 are included.

Just put a solid ISO in it.

Replacement is overrated

679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    Should only cover 2009-2013, I don't think 2014-15 V2 are included.

Just put a solid ISO in it.

Replacement is overrated

I have a 2011 and was hoping to get a new supercharger to start modding the engine and feel at ease with the new SC in Iit. Is it EVERY 09-13 v model?

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    If it's not making noise, don't bother with it.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
    Sales@dynamicflowconcepts.net
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdotwin View Post
    I have a 2011 and was hoping to get a new supercharger to start modding the engine and feel at ease with the new SC in Iit. Is it EVERY 09-13 v model?
    2011 absolutely is covered unless it was already replaced once.

679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    If it's not making noise, don't bother with it.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    Yes it is making a noise but they said my vin shows it's not one that needed to be replaced.

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Well, you can try another dealer, or kick and scream, or try an Eaton solid coupler.

Also, a smaller pulley might actually move the noise to an rpm below your idle speed. Do you hear it if you rev the engine to 800 rpm?

Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    Well, you can try another dealer, or kick and scream, or try an Eaton solid coupler.

Also, a smaller pulley might actually move the noise to an rpm below your idle speed. Do you hear it if you rev the engine to 800 rpm?

Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    Idk I'm in the car when it revs lol. I barely had the car for a few days lol. My friend was pointing it out when He was checking it out to discuss mods for it lol

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Are you sure it's the SC making the noise? Pull the SC drive belt and see if it goes away.
    ID850's, 2.4 upper, Track Attack HX, Varimax pump, ZL1 Lid, Texas Speed headers, Airaid with green filter, Moroso catch can, LPE tank, PLX wideband, tuned by Pat G.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASteggall View Post
    Are you sure it's the SC making the noise? Pull the SC drive belt and see if it goes away.

There is a noise and my buddy has had 2 of them and told me about the recall for the noise so I trusted his word on where it came from. But I will try that this weekend.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Well it's not really a recall so GM will not just replace it. It has to me making a very distinct and loud noise.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    ID850's, 2.4 upper, Track Attack HX, Varimax pump, ZL1 Lid, Texas Speed headers, Airaid with green filter, Moroso catch can, LPE tank, PLX wideband, tuned by Pat G.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    pulling into the garage i heard some noise after i put the car into Park... sounded more like grinding, like a bearing going bad... it went away when i revved the motor... i think it might be supercharger replacement time... i'll try to call the dealer tomorrow to schedule a drop off...
    tv4184 likes this.
    Lexus driver bought a Vagon!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    dropped off the car on Friday... i waited there for 2 hrs while the tech was diagnosing the car... it was hard to hear in the service entrance since it was open... the tech confirmed there was a noise but i was told he wanted to run a few more tests to isolate the noise to the S/C... he also wanted to do a cold start test... they put me in a brand new 2017 XT5 as a loaner... i'm waiting to hear back today on what the verdict is...
    Lexus driver bought a Vagon!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links