Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitesse Controller loaner to those that would like to try it out for free!

28K views 358 replies 65 participants last post by  Fastone27 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone. I know there are a few Threads already started about the Vitesse Throttle Controller. I for one have had one on several of my cars. (V Sedan, Z71 Truck, 2 C6 Corvettes, and now my V Coupe) and love this thing! I started a Thread over on the Corvette Forums where i had an extra Vitesse Controller that i could lend out to anyone that would like to try it for a week or so and then simply pass it on to the next person and it was a great success! I think we ended up with almost 20 people that tried it . So when i contacted Ahmed to order one for my V he was very gracious and sent me a second one to try this little "social experiment" here on these forums. So if any of you would like to try it out just post up here and I'll ship it to you and then after trying it out you simply ship it to the next guy.

#145 ·
Whoever is next (Ridesguy?) please message me your address. Thanks

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

#147 ·
On its way to EdmundGTP. Hopefully you'll have better luck with it

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

#151 ·
Hey guys, Thought I would stop in to see who has the controller? After trying it can you all please post up your experience with it ,This was only meant to try it out for a week at most then send it on but its taking some a lot longer. Lets get this rolling again please.

#152 ·
Hell it has been so long I forgot about it. Gauging from the old list I am two members away.

#153 · (Edited)
I had it from last Thursday until yesterday when I mailed it out to ProdigyKracker. Most of us aren't next-day-air shipping this thing so more than likely the "delay" is the 5-7 day transit time in between people.

My experience in using it in my mostly stock M6:

Performed exactly as advertised! I worked my way up through most of the sport settings and all of them functioned just fine with my car. No issues at all.
S1-S3: Some subtle but nice improvement in throttle response
S4-S6: This is where the fun starts. I probably used it in S5 the most, and anticipate this is the mode I'd run it in constantly when I get one.
S7-S9: Even more fun, but this is where it starts to break my "threshold for every-day use". Throttle is REALLY touchy here. Maybe not as much in the A6?

One of the online reviews of this thing (in an automatic Camaro) noted that with every increased setting in sport mode, the idle RPM shifted up by a bit. I don't know if this is something that's car or transmission specific, but I didn't notice any change in idle RPM at any point during the use of this thing.

Either way I loved the way it made the car feel in the middle range. Even after the Mamo ported TB I felt the throttle response was on the slow side when considering gas pedal input to engine output. This thing makes the car respond the way a 500+ hp sports car should IMO. Getting that much improvement in the feel of the car for less than $200 bucks is a good buy IMO.

Since I'm still a ways out for doing my round of Stage 1 mods, I'm going to pick one of these up to scratch my "driving fun" itch for the next 8-10 months.

One thing to note for installation. Current installation instructions on their website (and the ones I printed and enclosed in the box) are written for the newer version of the controller unit which is operated via a Dial. The unit being sent around is operated with 2 buttons. In the instructions where it says to press and hold the dial down, you'll want to press the A button.

Reactions: Fastone27
#154 ·
Also just realized reading back through this thread that I screwed up the order. Ridesguy requested that I send it to him after my turn, but I missed that post and sent it to Prodigy instead. If Ridesguy is ready to try it out he should get it next.

Sorry if that screwed anything up for anyone.

#156 ·
Hey EdmondGTP I totally understand what your saying about it being in transit part of the time, Wasn't really directing it at anyone. Just seems like it is taking quite a long time to circulate through the list. Great review BTW. My experience is dead on like yours. I kept mine on SP 7 until I got my mods done. Now SP 3 is my new sweet spot. Thanks for posting the review.

#157 ·
It got hung up for more than a month after I sent it out. Maybe 2 months.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#159 ·
So what EXACTLY is this controller doing? Does it just reduce the delay from pedal input to throttle actuation?
Or does it just remap the pedal input vs throttle actuation curve that gives you more or less linear response?

Both?
Does this have any affect on throttle closure during traction control? I understand that people say it makes it feel more like a throttle cable but it sounds like it is just remapping the response of the pedal to throttle and not speeding anything up or reducing latency in the drive by wire system. THanks

#161 ·
So what EXACTLY is this controller doing? Does it just reduce the delay from pedal input to throttle actuation?
Or does it just remap the pedal input vs throttle actuation curve that gives you more or less linear response?

Both?
Does this have any affect on throttle closure during traction control? I understand that people say it makes it feel more like a throttle cable but it sounds like it is just remapping the response of the pedal to throttle and not speeding anything up or reducing latency in the drive by wire system. THanks
The short answer is, it's doing the part above in RED, which effectively feels like the part in BLUE.

What do you think the perceived "latency" in a drive by wire system is caused by? Electrons move at the speed of light. Changing the control method from a direct-cable to an electronic signal does not, in and of itself, impart any humanly-detectable delay from input to output. It is the signal modulation (read as throttle curve mapping) which takes place between the gas pedal and the throttle motor that makes modern drive-by-wire engines feel like there's a delay.

If all the 500+ horsepower cars being sold today had throttles which were controlled by direct cables/linkages, you'd see a lot more of them in ditches and wrapped around telephone poles. That throttle curve mapping has a lot to do with how "easy" high-horsepower cars are to drive these days.

This unit should have no effect on throttle control when traction control engages, as the throttle signals generated during a traction control event are not generated at the gas pedal. They would come from the PCM.

#167 ·
After I messed up the order, I believe the next person in line (according to the last list) is person 17; theheder.

Remaining loaner list looks to be as follows.

17.theheder
18.cccoltsicehockey
19.mrkool
20.forrest93
21. Verocious
22. Bullit4110

Reactions: Fastone27
#172 ·
Updated list:

1.BarryG
2.wgt3
3.thulchatt
4.TheTinMan
5.Black_V21
6.Florida-Vee
7.Mikeyboyeee
8.lwl1
9.Carbon
10.SlowRPh
11.Raist103
12.ColoradoVagon
13.Racerbox77
14.Ridesguy
15.EdmundGTP
16.ProdigyKracker
17.theheder
18.cccoltsicehockey
19.mrkool
20.forrest93
21. Verocious
22. Bullit4110
23.jugger23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.