NPP (Dual Mode Exhaust) on a V2... - Page 2
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 66
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: NPP (Dual Mode Exhaust) on a V2...

  1. #31
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    68
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Subscribed. I'm thinking about doing something similar to my wagon. I was able to get a used bumper cover for cheap so just looking for ideas on how to fit quad tips. Was also thinking about using the c6/c7 akrapovic mufflers for the dual mode.
    wgt3 likes this.

  2. #32
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    325
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver08 View Post
    Subscribed. I'm thinking about doing something similar to my wagon. I was able to get a used bumper cover for cheap so just looking for ideas on how to fit quad tips. Was also thinking about using the c6/c7 akrapovic mufflers for the dual mode.
    Lol you have much bigger money than me to even consider Akrapovic haha. I'm still looking for a set of ZL1 mufflers. Was also considering the 2016 SS sedan since its a very similar platform. Issue with that is with it being so new and not a lot of people modding it, finding the stock exhaust is impossible.

  3. #33
    Tire Slayer
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    328
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    2
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTinMan View Post
    I have no idea what its balanced on, but I want one because it would make working on the bottom of the car super easy haha.
    car tilter, they are about a grand.


  4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

  5. #34
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,519
    Likes (Given)
    674
    Likes (Received)
    334
    I call BS (Given)
    35
    I call BS (Received)
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTinMan View Post
    Lol you have much bigger money than me to even consider Akrapovic haha. I'm still looking for a set of ZL1 mufflers. Was also considering the 2016 SS sedan since its a very similar platform. Issue with that is with it being so new and not a lot of people modding it, finding the stock exhaust is impossible.
    Be good if you could connect with a local owner to really eyeball the mufflers

  6. #35
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    62
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    no chance of using the C6 NPP setup? cons to that?

  7. #36
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    325
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF300 View Post
    Be good if you could connect with a local owner to really eyeball the mufflers
    Making them fit really isn't much of an issue. I think the SS Sedan would be easier than the ZL1 because its already made for a sedan with the spare tire well almost exactly like the Cadillac. However the ZL1 will work, its just a little more cutting and welding.

  8. #37
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    325
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Newctsvguy View Post
    no chance of using the C6 NPP setup? cons to that?
    Lol no chance at all. Have you seen how massive the C6 Corvette mufflers are? You'd literally have to chop the top half of the muffler itself off to even consider being able to use it. Then the piping is completely wrong as well as its a center exit exhaust that goes over the axle instead of under.

  9. #38
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    68
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTinMan View Post
    Lol you have much bigger money than me to even consider Akrapovic haha. I'm still looking for a set of ZL1 mufflers. Was also considering the 2016 SS sedan since its a very similar platform. Issue with that is with it being so new and not a lot of people modding it, finding the stock exhaust is impossible.
    I don't know about "bigger money" than you. Maybe more stupid for even considering these things. I've come across just the axle back C6 Akrapovic mufflers on corvetteforum.com for $2K but wasn't able to snatch it up in time. I'm also thinking of just doing a custom exhaust with cutouts. Either way, the main issue, as you know, is to make room for the quad tips. I'm planning on grafting the 2016 CTS-V rear bumper onto my existing wagon rear. Still talking to different bodyshops here in So Cal to see if all the lines can be lined up to make it look OEM. Here is my vision:

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NPP (Dual Mode Exhaust) on a V2...-ctsv-rear.jpg
    Last edited by Guyver08; 01-10-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    t.j.t likes this.

  10. #39
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,519
    Likes (Given)
    674
    Likes (Received)
    334
    I call BS (Given)
    35
    I call BS (Received)
    6
    that looks like an ATS had sex with a G8

  11. #40
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    325
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver08 View Post
    I don't know about "bigger money" than you. Maybe more stupid for even considering these things. I've come across just the axle back C6 Akrapovic mufflers on corvetteforum.com for $2K but wasn't able to snatch it up in time. I'm also thinking of just doing a custom exhaust with cutouts. Either way, the main issue, as you know, is to make room for the quad tips. I'm planning on grafting the 2016 CTS-V rear bumper onto my existing wagon rear. Still talking to different bodyshops here in So Cal to see if all the lines can be lined up to make it look OEM. Here is my vision:

    Making room for the quad tips is actually probably going to be the easiest part haha. For me its going to be measure, cut with dremel, sand with dremel, and possibly use a set of carbon bumper guards.

  12. #41
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,303
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    24
    I call BS (Given)
    2
    I call BS (Received)
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF300 View Post
    that looks like an ATS had sex with a G8
    lol
    184.7mph in the Texas Mile, Spring 2014. Just an average 75 mile daily driver.

  13. #42
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    68
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTinMan View Post
    Making room for the quad tips is actually probably going to be the easiest part haha. For me its going to be measure, cut with dremel, sand with dremel, and possibly use a set of carbon bumper guards.
    I'm thinking the exhaust part would be the easiet as you would just need to either a) find some duel mode mufflers and weld or b) find a competent exhaust fab shop and custom make it. I just don't want that "home video" approach when it comes to the bumper. I'm looking for something that will look OEM. Even if It does look like a G8 bumped uglies with an ATS..

  14. #43
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    197
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Anyone ever done anything like this for a NPP type setup on a Coupe?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NPP (Dual Mode Exhaust) on a V2...-coupe-exhaust.jpg
    Guyver08 likes this.
    2012 CTS-V Coupe Radiant Silver Metallic M6 Recaros Sunroof
    Stock

  15. #44
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    325
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorget View Post
    Anyone ever done anything like this for a NPP type setup on a Coupe?
    Probably not. I did a bit of research before I dug into wanting to do it on my sedan and I didn't find much information at all. That could work, but the path drawn would just be adding extra work. If you wanted to run a setup like that it would be easier and cheaper just to run cutouts before the exhaust unless you just absolutely wanted the cut out to still flow through the tips.

  16. #45
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    197
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTinMan View Post
    Probably not. I did a bit of research before I dug into wanting to do it on my sedan and I didn't find much information at all. That could work, but the path drawn would just be adding extra work. If you wanted to run a setup like that it would be easier and cheaper just to run cutouts before the exhaust unless you just absolutely wanted the cut out to still flow through the tips.
    My thought is that running it that way is cheaper then paying for the ground 'n pound jlinks turn downs and get the exhaust gases out from under the car. It's something I never liked about cut outs.
    2012 CTS-V Coupe Radiant Silver Metallic M6 Recaros Sunroof
    Stock

  17. #46
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern, MD\Detroit, MI
    Posts
    707
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    10
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    That car is actually at one of the GM performance facilities... They had it at the Auto Show a year or two ago...

  18. #47
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    276
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    1
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorget View Post
    Anyone ever done anything like this for a NPP type setup on a Coupe?
    I did that with my stock TI mufflers on my C5 Z06 and really liked it. Really thought about doing the same thing on my coupe. Just dont know how it will sound.

  19. #48
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    197
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zdeckich View Post
    I did that with my stock TI mufflers on my C5 Z06 and really liked it. Really thought about doing the same thing on my coupe. Just dont know how it will sound.
    I am curious which cut outs/valves you used when doing it. It seems that space might be an issue along with ease of replacement.
    2012 CTS-V Coupe Radiant Silver Metallic M6 Recaros Sunroof
    Stock

  20. #49
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    325
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    FYI the mufflers are installed on the car lol. It was a LOT easier than I had anticipated.
    Before: Ugly straight pipe hack job that was on the car when I bought it.

    After: Much better.


    I'm waiting on my tips to come in before I cut the bumper. Ordered these beautiful babies. I'm sure some people will hate me because they're akrapovic tips on a non Akrapovic exhaust, but who cares.
    matt55 likes this.

  21. #50
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,519
    Likes (Given)
    674
    Likes (Received)
    334
    I call BS (Given)
    35
    I call BS (Received)
    6
    what mufflers did you end up using?

  22. #51
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    325
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF300 View Post
    what mufflers did you end up using?
    2015 1LE/ZL1 mufflers.

  23. #52
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Pittsburgh pa
    Posts
    191
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    awesome work so far, in for videos when its done.
    2012 red wagon, 6speed, recaros, kooks header and x pipe, fic1000's, metco 2.4 upper, new era CAI, fasterproms block off plates and expansion tank, dw300c pumps, dsteck fpcm and flex sensor, formato tuned on E60 put down 667whp 682wtq

  24. #53
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    325
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyctsv View Post
    awesome work so far, in for videos when its done.
    I'm working on the functional portion. At first I thought I was going to just use the NPP in a box kit, but now i'm thinking I can use a cheap EGR valve, a vacuum pump from a 7.3L powerstroke, and one of those cheap RF remote kits to save some money. So unless a NPP in a Box kit shows up on Corvette Forum super cheap i'll probably piece this together myself. Right now it sounds great with the valves open. A lot deeper than it was.

  25. #54
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    231
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    I have always wanted to do after muffler 2 into 1 exhaust tip without cutting the rear bumper up .
    Something like this..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NPP (Dual Mode Exhaust) on a V2...-20170116_122451.jpg
    10.8@130.8mph e85 610whp■11.4@123.5 mph 93 569whp■CAI, 2.5 , ID850, flex fuel on street tires

  26. #55
    Vendor
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    10,314
    Likes (Given)
    242
    Likes (Received)
    181
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    3
    Those tips cost more then the rest of the exhaust system put together lol

  27. #56
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    68
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTinMan View Post
    I'm working on the functional portion. At first I thought I was going to just use the NPP in a box kit, but now i'm thinking I can use a cheap EGR valve, a vacuum pump from a 7.3L powerstroke, and one of those cheap RF remote kits to save some money. So unless a NPP in a Box kit shows up on Corvette Forum super cheap i'll probably piece this together myself. Right now it sounds great with the valves open. A lot deeper than it was.
    That looks great. Can't wait to see the finished product and hear the sound clips.

  28. #57
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    583
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Some versions of the Corvette mufflers are titanium to reduce weight but they also a metric shit ton harder to weld.

    I like what you have to far but those tips...not so much.
    '12 V Wagon, M6, CRT, Recaros, chrome wheels, no sun roof
    '68 Ford Bronco (have to drive something in the snow)
    '68 Corvette 427 (basic 11 second street car)
    '60 Corvette 283/250hp restoration in progress

  29. #58
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    308
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pcf_mark View Post
    Some versions of the Corvette mufflers are titanium to reduce weight but they also a metric shit ton harder to weld.

    I like what you have to far but those tips...not so much.
    2001-2004 Z06 corvette mufflers are Titanium.

    Toque


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 CTS-V Coupe, Thunder Grey, 6 speed manual, Recaro's, Sunroof, Alcantara steering wheel/shifter, Airaid + Green Filter.

    Web site... Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  30. #59
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,388
    Likes (Given)
    624
    Likes (Received)
    114
    I call BS (Given)
    402
    I call BS (Received)
    116
    I think this is a great idea - but the cost of something like this will be a factor for a lot of people.
    Currently slumming it in a Jeep SRT and watching Gen 3 V prices for my next car!

    2011 CTS-V Coupe -WeaponX carbon fiber trim. (sold)


    Originally Posted by WD2009CTSV
    1/2 tenth on the big end and a little more weight in the pocket. And that's like a sore dick, you just can't beat it!

  31. #60
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    325
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt1z View Post
    Those tips cost more then the rest of the exhaust system put together lol
    The Tips did actually cost more than the rest of the system haha.


    Quote Originally Posted by pcf_mark View Post
    Some versions of the Corvette mufflers are titanium to reduce weight but they also a metric shit ton harder to weld.

    I like what you have to far but those tips...not so much.
    How are you gonna hate on my tips? Who doesn't like black and carbon fiber? I hate chrome and most tips I found were polished or that blue titanium heat effect bullshit. These seemed to be the best option.

    Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    I think this is a great idea - but the cost of something like this will be a factor for a lot of people.
    I'm not going to be selling as a kit fyi lol. It would be on the individual to do this. This is just a me missing the NPP function on my Corvette and wanting it on the Cadillac. So far I bought the ZL1 mufflers for $200, ordered 4 tips at $250, did some cutting and welding, and might have another $50 in supplies if I go the DIY route for hooking up the NPP. If you buy the NPP in a box its $200. So it would be a total of $650 going the expensive route for me. Granted you can find cheaper tips, I wanted Akrapovic just because I like black and the CF was a nice bonus.


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)