Airaid install question
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By weimer

Thread: Airaid install question

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

Airaid install question

Installed my airaid CAI last night and had a question. I did not disconnect the negative battery cable. I haven't started the car yet. Do you guys recommend disconnecting the cable, waiting a few minutes, then reconnecting it before starting the car? Thanks
    2014 Phantom Grey Sedan
    stock---for now

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Yes disconnect it wait 15-20 minutes and reconnect. It's about letting the LTFT's in the computer reset. Unless you have a scantool you can reset them with?
    ID850's, 2.4 upper, Track Attack HX, Varimax pump, ZL1 Lid, Texas Speed headers, Airaid with green filter, Moroso catch can, LPE tank, PLX wideband, tuned by Pat G.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Ok thanks. I went ahead and disconnected it while i finished up the install. Took it out for a test drive and everything seemed fine. Car was running great and the improvement in sound of the blower alone was worth the money.
    2014 Phantom Grey Sedan
    stock---for now

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Planning on doing an Airaid, pocket protector and sideswipe install with my black grill changeover in the next few weeks.
    So the consensus is that you need to do the battery disconnect and LTFT reset on a CAI? Please confirm. I thought this was only needed on a new or ported TB?

Thanks.
    57TBird - 2014 CTSV Wagon M6
    Phantom Grey with Recaros, Ultraview
    No performance mods (yet)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Did you assemble the intake and then install it? I hear it may be easier to assemble the whole thing and then put it on.
    2012 CTS-V 6MT VAGON "Beauty" - Corsa Sport Exhaust and otherwise stock... for now.
    2012 C63 AMG Sedan - Every option (P31 and lighting package)/Eurocharged tune/and much more - SOLD
    2011 Audi S4 6MT - Highly modified - SOLD

Owner: Momentum Nutrition LLC
    @OfficialMomentumNutrition
    @E.N.V

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I've had mine on 3 times and it's not bad no matter what you do almost. Just leave everything very loose until it's all together then tighten down.
    cnichols
    '13 Wagon
    '96 240SX (LS swapped)
    '96 240SX (stock daily)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ENV MN View Post
    Did you assemble the intake and then install it? I hear it may be easier to assemble the whole thing and then put it on.
    Yes that's what I did. It was pretty simple. i know if I tried to put it together in the car i would probably lose some of the hardware in the engine compartment (Murphy's Law). The hose clamps that connect the intake tube to the filter are too small. Don't know why they don't send three of the ones stamped "68" with the kit instead of one 68 and the two smaller clamps, they would probably work. I had a couple of clamps from other intakes from my cobra days that I was able to use.

To anybody installing this intake , I recommend watching the video and using the colored pictures on the Airaid website. Much easier to understand/see than the black and white directions that come with the kit. Put the brackets and filter together using the video and pictures as needed, then put the assembly in the car.
    ENV MN likes this.
    2014 Phantom Grey Sedan
    stock---for now

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ENV MN View Post
    I bought off of ebay, so it was already assembled. Saved about $100 and didn't have to assemble. WIN.
    57TBird - 2014 CTSV Wagon M6
    Phantom Grey with Recaros, Ultraview
    No performance mods (yet)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57TBird View Post
    Planning on doing an Airaid, pocket protector and sideswipe install with my black grill changeover in the next few weeks.
    So the consensus is that you need to do the battery disconnect and LTFT reset on a CAI? Please confirm. I thought this was only needed on a new or ported TB?

Thanks.
    Anytime you change the amount of air flowing in or out you really should just reset the LTFT's.
    ID850's, 2.4 upper, Track Attack HX, Varimax pump, ZL1 Lid, Texas Speed headers, Airaid with green filter, Moroso catch can, LPE tank, PLX wideband, tuned by Pat G.

Sponsored Links