Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
10K views 49 replies 17 participants last post by  NOLAG05 
#1 ·
Going with a 2.55/9.55 pulley combo, stage 2.5 cam kit, cai, longtubes x pipe, ported snout, 93 tune (E85 is not an option) injectors, dw300c drop in pumps, ice tank and lpe pump.

I got 3 choices can't do both, Ported LSA heads or Ported blower OR meth injection..

My bigger concern with the options here are cooling hence the meth and as much reliability as possible.

Each option is gonna cost me around the same so what would y'all do? A6 Daily driver until i buy a winter beater. Thanks!!

#2 ·
You better do the meth first, and save your money for the others.

Your pulley choice will make power until the heat kills the timing, which won't take long, so you need the meth for cooling and octane.

Furthermore, you really should do post boost meth, so you get the maximum benefit, and also so you don't prematurely hurt the blower as meth can wipe out the bearings, and will remove the rotor coating, though the coating is less of an issue.

#3 ·
IMO- Meth is the cheapest option and directly addresses cooling especially if you are doing post-boost in the lid. A ported blower is going to raise "boost." Not sure how heads will affect boost/cooling at the point you're at.

PINNACLE PERFORMANCE
Contact me for go-fast parts-
Varimax and EMP pumps, HX Reservoirs, Injector Dynamics, Deatschwerks, Airaid, Kooks headers, Nitrous Express, lid spacers, supercharger pulleys, Forgestar wheels, and more.

#5 ·
I wanted to do 2.55/9.1 but for some reason they insisted on a 9.55 lower. So the only point for the meth would be for cooling... but I don't want to cause any issues. I see where people say the ported heads help with lowering boost levels and hp obviously I don't want a tremendous amount of heat fighting..... So definitely the meth post boost is the best option?

#7 ·
You're going to be making a LOT of heat, and need a LOT of cooling (or octane). Meth is the obvious choice. As in, it's not even close if you're worried about a budget.

When it is time to freshen up lifters, then do the heads. Problem with head swaps is all the other stuff you want to do while you're there - and that blows out the budget easily by a factor of three.

A ported supercharger isn't even in this discussion - that's one of those "just because" mods when you want a few extra ponies.

#10 ·
What meth kit are you comparing the cost as the same as heads or blower? Ported blower is a definite no until you get heads and meth on the car with that pulley combo. It's your car, I would tell the shop you insist on a 9.1 lower ring. That scares me a bit when shops insist on things that hurt the car more than they help it with your combo.

#12 ·
$1400 for heads makes me think they forgot to include labor - and that probably doesn't include lifters or pushrods but maybe that's the one shop that's cheap on heads and expensive on meth.

#16 ·
Well the install isn't done yet.... I'm not crazy about the idea of meth but I'm not sure. I haven't even discussed power levels or goals. Just told them I wanted a good build... guess they figure that's the way to do it. Idk lol. All I do know is if the meth is gonna be the only way I guess I'll do the meth. Figured ported heads would be cooler but whatever.. gotta do a tire setup to. Damn this is worse than crack, gets expensive quick

#26 ·
Well the install isn't done yet.... I'm not crazy about the idea of meth but I'm not sure. I haven't even discussed power levels or goals. Just told them I wanted a good build... guess they figure that's the way to do it. Idk lol. All I do know is if the meth is gonna be the only way I guess I'll do the meth. Figured ported heads would be cooler but whatever.. gotta do a tire setup to. Damn this is worse than crack, gets expensive quick
What?! Man slow down before you have buyers/modders remorse. Lot of good information in this thread and past build posts. It's very addicting to keep the money pouring out to finish a build, but do it right first, not twice

Reactions: Karch
#18 ·
Hi. I'm doing XXXX. I have these 3 options. What should I do?

Entire internet: bad idea. Do this.

Well I'm gonna do it my way anyway...

Did I miss anything?

#21 ·
Not to mention unless you are a very early car...stock pumps on ID850's will make whatever the stock unported blower can support on 93 only. No meth needed as long as you keep the pulley reasonable...like 2.5/9.1...

#23 ·
Stock injectors yes.

Stock pumps no.

I made 720rwhp on ID850's with stock pumps. With a "little" room left...

Also...hope you have plans to reflash the FPCM or run a BAP or enjoy the permanent CEL from the DW pumps.

Reactions: tcockerVille
#30 ·
Let me know if you need an ice tank and Varimax pump and heat exchanger :)

PINNACLE PERFORMANCE
Contact me for go-fast parts-
Varimax and EMP pumps, HX Reservoirs, Injector Dynamics, Deatschwerks, Airaid, Kooks headers, Nitrous Express, lid spacers, supercharger pulleys, Forgestar wheels, and more.

#33 ·
Perhaps you need to clarify your first post then...to specify what you currently DO have...vs what you are installing NOW...and where you intend to be LATER...

So you already have everything you listed as "going with"...and your choice is only the three things listed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.