Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Spacers and zl1 lid

13K views 58 replies 21 participants last post by  VERTigo 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever ran a zl1 lid with a 1/2" spacer or some form of a spacer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Found this on the camaro5 forum. RDS stopped making them I guess.

Looks like the phenolic spacer is what most went to for a spacer.

#10 ·
I used it to plumb post boost meth. It doesn't clear the hood, thats why I have a cowl hood.

#13 ·
Yes. Extra plenum volume. A spacer typically raises manifold pressure about one pound with no other changes. To me that indicates higher airflow.

PINNACLE PERFORMANCE
Contact me for go-fast parts-
Varimax and EMP pumps, HX Reservoirs, Injector Dynamics, Deatschwerks, Airaid, Kooks headers, Nitrous Express, lid spacers, supercharger pulleys, Forgestar wheels, and more.

#15 ·
Sorry, area should remain the same, but volume increases.

It's akin to having a larger plenum, and should make the directional change a bit easier, which in turn (pun, I know) keep velocity a bit higher, and could result in a bit more power due to conservation of energy.

Fun stuff.

#18 ·
Area volume space

Your moving the same amount of air into a larger mass/volume/area/space whatever term you want to use by adding the spacer vs adding no spacer. Yes the runner dimension stay the same entering the intake runners but you knew what I meant. So by moving the same air into a larger space the psi will drop as long as the air being moved by the blower is the same with and without the spacer.

#24 ·
I look forward to the testing. The Z brick is supposed to flow better than the V brick as well. I gained another pound of pressure after switching from the V brick to a custom aftermarket one. Heat rise also increased by about 5 degrees in a 3rd gear pull.

PINNACLE PERFORMANCE
Varimax and EMP pumps, HX Reservoirs, Injector Dynamics, Deatschwerks, Airaid, Kooks headers, Nitrous Express, lid spacers, supercharger pulleys, Forgestar wheels, and more.

#29 ·
I should say I couldn't quantify a difference. It may have. I just couldn't tell.

PINNACLE PERFORMANCE

#32 ·
I think he is talking about the spacer. I was saying I didn't see a difference in grinding down the ribs. I definitely saw a difference with one of my spacers :)

PINNACLE PERFORMANCE

#33 ·
Ok , since this thread is active I would like to make some inputs regarding the lid spacers , boost haven't changed but I can see a drop in the mid range rpm although I've gained 0.9 mph on the track consistently , I also noticed that the IAT2 reading increases smoothly ( it was fluctuating before the spacer ) .

#35 ·
I've got them in stock. GTO got his from me I believe.

PINNACLE PERFORMANCE

#37 ·
I have a D3 Zl1 lid and spacer installed. The spacer was suppose to calm the turbulent air? lol Nothing special happened!
The factory hood had to be cut. Now I have a vented hood and no hood cuts.
Coupe '13 A6

#41 ·
There are a couple V3 and Z06 owners running around with LT4 lid spacers that have been very happy with them. Maybe one can chime in. WeaponX sells those as well...

PINNACLE PERFORMANCE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.