Calling out 98aggie's STAGGERING IAT2 claims!! - Page 2
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Calling out 98aggie's STAGGERING IAT2 claims!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    This is the path of the air through the blower.

1. Air enters the snout (blue)
    2. intake air is drawn in by the rotation of the rotors
    3. air is compressed and expelled out the top of the supercharger case where the intercooler brick (cyan square) is
    4. Air passes through the brick upwards effectively exchanging the heat of the charged air into the cooler fluid flowing through the brick
    5. after the air passes through brick it is now inside the hollow area of the supercharger lid and follows the red arrows down the runners to the heads. (this is also where the IAT2 is read)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calling out 98aggie's  STAGGERING IAT2 claims!!-capture.jpg
    Wrecked Em and tinman like this.
    09' Thunder Gray Chroma Sedan | 6AT | UltraView | Eibach Springs | Velgen VMB5's
    "Factory Freak"

Mod Pile reaching Critical Mass

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

Calling out 98aggie's STAGGERING IAT2 claims!!

Increase the efficiency of the inlet to the blower increases the quality of the air.

While gross volume remains the same, you increase the density of the air.

Friction on the inlet essentially stretches the air. Think of a rubber band at rest. Take a section and measure it. Now, stretch that section.

The mass of the section remains the same, but the length increases, so the mass of rubber per linear inch decreases.

This is the effect of having any restriction (friction, bends, small diameter tubing, etc) upstream (before) the blower's rotors.

Sent from my local E85 station.
    slow6goat and tinman like this.
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Where do I send money? I want in. If I could get my car to not pull any timing in the 1/4 it would fly.
    TriTexan likes this.
    2011 M6 Sedan

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 98aggie View Post
    So far no one understands this concept. This past build is down 3.2psi over what it was before. It was 595rwhp previous with just the bolt ons stock cam, blower and heads. All was changed was the ported blower and LSA heads. Guess the owner will need to go to houston to dyno just to show it probablly makes close to 780-790 there.

Got 2 more builds about to be finished, pushing them a little harder so expect similar results. While controlling IATs. It wont be as good as the 712rwhp build but we are spinning the blower hard, so more heat is expected.

This is with the ported set up, I think most people with a 10" lower and stock upper see 14-15psi?
    Aggie- until you understand high school physics and the relationship between heat, pressure, and volume, you really don't have any leg to stand in in challenging someone with a doctorate in physics and stating "no one understands this concept". I understand it a thousand times better than you, period. End of story.

PV = nRT. Solve for T and you're toast. You can't pressurize atmospheric air at 90F by 10psi and have it only gain 10 degrees in temp, not matter HOW efficient your IC brick is. You have stated you do not use ice in your HX tank, so the heat transfer to the HX fluid is limited by the ambient temps (90F per your notes). At that temperature differential there's just not enough thermal transfer to accomplish the level of cooling you describe. I did the math - you'd need an industrial cooling tower sized for a 700 ton HVAC unit, weighing approximate 35 tons.

Your logic does not pass the simple laws of high school physics. If you don't know how to use the ideal gas law to calculate temperature differential when a fluid like air is compressed by a known volume, then you have some homework to do. I can recommend a few textbooks for you if you need.

Please don't insult me or any other licensed engineer on this forum by claiming you know more about thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, heat exchange, or anything of the sort unless you are willing to post up the proper math showing how this is possible, or legitimate logs and video of your car pulling to 200mph with the associated HP Tuner logs. Otherwise, you can type all you want but no one is going to take you seriously.

But I would pay good money to see you come down to Texas and run Robb Sutton with your magic mobile.

By the way - I'll be getting in touch with Greg Good shortly to see if even HE thinks this is possible or just fantasy. What do you think he's going to say?
    Last edited by TriTexan; 09-14-2015 at 03:48 PM.
    2014 OBM/Titanium CTS-V Wagon "The Blue Whale"
    Auto, All Options, the bottom end is still stock...
    Power Hood, Forgelines, Black Moon rocker blades, fancy tires
    Other custom touches here and there...
    <800whp

2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Black leather interior, 8 Spd ZF Auto, all options
    APR Pulley and Tune
    21" forged RS6 wheels /Super Sport 285's all around / Lowered on KW's

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Calling Bruce, calling Bruce!

Is aggie's claim of roughly 600whp theoretically possible with the stock LSA cam, blower, and heads?

This is no meth, no nitrous, no ice or artificial cooling at all. pump gas only
    Last edited by TriTexan; 09-14-2015 at 03:55 PM.
    <800whp

2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    APR Pulley and Tune

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Aggie - this isn't even your car, is it?

Are you the builder or designer or something? You keep saying you are finishing up this car, then that car, and now two more on the way. All are making incredible numbers - and it would seem the only real secret is Greg Good is porting the heads.

Which presents another problem - Greg isn't porting LS/LSA heads right now, so where are you getting them from? Certainly not from him. What gives? You are spouting off so many inconsistencies (we won't call them LIES just yet) that I'm beginning to wonder if you are trolling/punking us.

Tim - is that you? Jarhead?
    <800whp

APR Pulley and Tune

Ha Ha Ha!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    WHAT THE FUCK!?!? Why is someone dragging down my good flipping name?!?
    velomack and rapsquared like this.

Ha Ha Ha!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriTexan View Post
    Aggie - this isn't even your car, is it?
    No it fucking isn't. Call me out again you twatwaffle and I will stuff you in a dumpster!
    rsutton1223, x96535 and bnagel like this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

Is aggie's claim of roughly 600whp theoretically possible with the stock LSA cam, blower, and heads?

Reference my Sig.

Since then i swapped the modded box for a NEP intake, stock to CNC 90mm TB, 90mm ported snout, ZL1 lid, gutted cats, and dropped from a 2.5 to a 2.4 pulley.

on a roughly 30 degree warmer day with a heatsoaked car (ridiculous IAT1's and 2's) after about half a dozen back to back runs we netted 572hp on the same dyno.

Now i know i didn't LOSE hp with that round of mods...even though my dyno sheet is lower...

on a good cool day I am likely 600whp. stock blower, stock cam, stock heads, no ice...
    Last edited by fubar569; 09-14-2015 at 04:15 PM.
    2012 CTS-V Coupe 6MT - Metco 2.5 Pulley, Solid Iso, Carbon Fiber Intake pipe, Modded Airbox, K&N, 63lb Injectors. Tuned by Mike @ New Era. Labor by New Era Performance.

68* - 22% humidity - SAE .99 - 578 hp & 577 tq - Track Times TBD

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Which presents another problem - Greg isn't porting LS/LSA heads right now, so where are you getting them from? Certainly not from him. What gives? You are spouting off so many inconsistencies (we won't call them LIES just yet) that I'm beginning to wonder if you are trolling/punking us.

Tim - is that you? Jarhead?
    You are on a roll today!
    Mont Motorsports likes this.
    2009 Black Raven Sedan - Loaded with Recaro's | 6MT |Vengeance Racing | ADV.1 | JPM Coachworks | 1,215whp/1,077wtq - Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Fastest ET 6MT and 2nd Fastest Trap Speed Overall - 10.09@150.48mph at 2,138 DA - Hidden Content
    Standing 1/2 Mile Personal Best - 178.00mph at wannaGOFAST GA (3rd Fastest V Overall)

Hidden Content

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    WHAT THE FUCK!?!? Why is someone dragging down my good flipping name?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    No it fucking isn't. Call me out again you twatwaffle and I will stuff you in a dumpster!
    Sorry sorry!! My bad. Got in a hurry bro! Do forgive LOL!

Don foget - I'z frum da south an I don growed up in dat der dumpsta! Iz be like Braer Rabbit in the briar patch in der.
    <800whp

APR Pulley and Tune

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by fubar569 View Post
    Reference my Sig.

Since then i swapped the modded box for a NEP intake, stock to CNC 90mm TB, 90mm ported snout, ZL1 lid, gutted cats, and dropped from a 2.5 to a 2.4 pulley.

on a roughly 30 degree warmer day with a heatsoaked car (ridiculous IAT1's and 2's) after about half a dozen back to back runs we netted 572hp on the same dyno.

Now i know i didn't LOSE hp with that round of mods...even though my dyno sheet is lower...

on a good cool day I am likely 600whp. stock blower, stock cam, stock heads, no ice...
    I think he said stock TB, too. And a 10 inch lower and stock upper. Still - I guess you have shown it isn't too far off the theoretically possible.
    <800whp

APR Pulley and Tune

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I think he said stock TB, too. And a 10 inch lower and stock upper. Still - I guess you have shown it isn't too far off the theoretically possible.
    I will say that my results certainly are not typical. being a 6MT helps a LOT. if you're an auto car i would find it very difficult to crack 600whp without touching the blower, cam, heads, meth, spray, or icing.

This was all on a dynojet and NEP is a pretty respectable shop and the dyno is pretty spot on overall (not a happy dyno). Wireless can vouch for that too. Mike is a wizard on the tuning side as well.
    2012 CTS-V Coupe 6MT - Metco 2.5 Pulley, Solid Iso, Carbon Fiber Intake pipe, Modded Airbox, K&N, 63lb Injectors. Tuned by Mike @ New Era. Labor by New Era Performance.

68* - 22% humidity - SAE .99 - 578 hp & 577 tq - Track Times TBD

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

Greg is a Houston guy like me. His focus is largely on Vipers (previous Gen I think). He is actually REALLY good based on his reputation, but I've watched videos of him hand porting things and "precision" is the very last word I would use.

Now to be fair...Greg's work on Viper's does produce some amazing results. Numerous guys did get 200+ whp gains using his ported stock Viper heads. But those head ports were often done at the same time as cam swap and a bunch of other mods. But nearly 300 hp without a cam change? Not likely AT ALL.
    You've never seen a video of me porting a cylinder head. There isn't one. You have me confused with someone else.

The most hp a Viper customer has claimed to my knowledge is 189 rwhp, and in the thread he clearly stated it was a cam and head swap.

Most of the work I do are LS heads.

My work is not very precise? Thank you for your candor.
    TurboCoupe likes this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Good View Post
    You've never seen a video of me porting a cylinder head. There isn't one. You have me confused with someone else.

The most hp a Viper customer has claimed to my knowledge is 189 rwhp, and in the thread he clearly stated it was a cam and head swap.

^^^^^DAMN! shit just got real
    thereason likes this.
    12 coupe with man pedal. 683hp/689tq on 93

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Shit did not get real. The claims are still BS on IAT2's.
    2009 Black Raven Sedan - Loaded with Recaro's | 6MT |Vengeance Racing | ADV.1 | JPM Coachworks | 1,215whp/1,077wtq - Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Fastest ET 6MT and 2nd Fastest Trap Speed Overall - 10.09@150.48mph at 2,138 DA - Hidden Content
    Standing 1/2 Mile Personal Best - 178.00mph at wannaGOFAST GA (3rd Fastest V Overall)

Hidden Content

7.5" Pistons and Intaker
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by fubar569 View Post
    I will say that my results certainly are not typical. being a 6MT helps a LOT. if you're an auto car i would find it very difficult to crack 600whp without touching the blower, cam, heads, meth, spray, or icing.

This was all on a dynojet and NEP is a pretty respectable shop and the dyno is pretty spot on overall (not a happy dyno). Wireless can vouch for that too. Mike is a wizard on the tuning side as well.
    x96535: 2011 Auto CTS-V Sedan
    599 RWHP, 597 RWTQ (e85, 105 Degrees Inside, Dynamic Dyno)
    548 RWHP, 538 RWTQ (91 Octane, 105 Degrees Inside, Dynamic Dyno)
    2.4" Upper Pulley Kit
    ZL1 Lid
    Airaid CAI
    Track Attack Heat Exchanger
    FIC1000 Injectors
    DSteck E85 Flex Fuel Sensor
    TR7ix Spark Plugs
    Ported LS7 Throttle Body
    Dual SMC Catch Cans
    Sideswipe
    Work done by Black Market Racing in Phoenix
    Tuned by NicD
    Mods/Power List: Get on it... Hidden Content

2009 Silver CTS-V Sedan: 660 RWHP, 650 RWTQ (MAR 2013 VOTM) - Sold
    2011 Black CTS-V Sedan: 700 RWHP, 690 RWTQ (AUG 2014 VOTM)
    2013 Grigio Telesto CTS-V Sedan: 784 RWHP, 753 RWTQ (APR 2016 VOTM) - Sold

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by x96535 View Post
    x96535: 2011 Auto CTS-V Sedan
    599 RWHP, 597 RWTQ (e85, 105 Degrees Inside, Dynamic Dyno)
    548 RWHP, 538 RWTQ (91 Octane, 105 Degrees Inside, Dynamic Dyno)
    2.4" Upper Pulley Kit
    ZL1 Lid
    Airaid CAI
    Track Attack Heat Exchanger
    FIC1000 Injectors
    DSteck E85 Flex Fuel Sensor
    TR7ix Spark Plugs
    Ported LS7 Throttle Body
    Dual SMC Catch Cans
    Sideswipe
    Work done by Black Market Racing in Phoenix
    Tuned by NicD
    They also said on PUMP gas, not E85.

7.5" Pistons and Intaker
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownV View Post
    His quote didn't. Just making a point.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

It's up a bit further on the page.

7.5" Pistons and Intaker
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    It's up a bit further on the page.
    I was referring to fubar's quote specifically, as in the one I quoted. But we're now taking this awesome thread off course.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    For what its worth, I made 597whp/575whtq on a 6-spd manual.
    -Airaid
    -2.4 upper
    -Ported Snout
    -Lid spacer
    -Stainless Works headers
    -Cat-less X pipe
    -Factory Mufflers
    -93 octane pump gas
    -OEM spark plugs
    -ID850s
    -very conservative tune with regard to timing
    Hidden Content
    2012 Opulent Blue Coupe.
    6-spd manual 597rwhp/575rwtq.
    Personal bests: 1/4 mile 11.95@125.82mph, 1/2 mile 149.7mph, 1 mile 175.3mph
    Phone: 214.956.2219
    Email: Hidden Content

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Haven't been around these forums long but why do so many people name drop on so many mods? Is a dual sec catch can really going to add any hp? Same with spark plugs, yea I get it some people get paid to run NGK plugs in NHRA but this is crazy talk for 99.9% of the people on these forums! I cringe every time I see these lists of mods... If you are getting discounts or some payback, who the he'll cares what type of 2.X" pull you had installed?

/end rant, carry on, back to magic thermodynamics and folks creating entropy on the interwebz...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 383-S-10 View Post
    Haven't been around these forums long but why do so many people name drop on so many mods? Is a dual sec catch can really going to add any hp? Same with spark plugs, yea I get it some people get paid to run NGK plugs in NHRA but this is crazy talk for 99.9% of the people on these forums! I cringe every time I see these lists of mods... If you are getting discounts or some payback, who the he'll cares what type of 2.X" pull you had installed?

/end rant, carry on, back to magic thermodynamics and folks creating entropy on the interwebz...
    Never, EVER, visit Corvette Forum.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

ORDER YOUR
    FUELSHARK TODAY
    383-S-10 likes this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

Will the real Greg Good stand up please?
    2009 CTS V Black Raven Sedan, M6, Recaro's, Ultraview
    Stage 0.6 Airaid CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, Kooks catted xpipe, stock mufflers, Mamofied LS7, NGK TR6, SM Dual CC, 160F stat, Dynojet tuned by Dave @dasilvamotorsport, SAE 526hp/508tq/91oct
    Stage -5.0 DD 2012 Dog Grandiose Caravan (Work vehicle), STOW-N-GO, 283bhp, torque....does it matter?

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Greg still in fact ports ls3/lsa heads..
    thereason likes this.
    Your #1 CTS-V parts dealer, Metco, Stainless Works, B&B, ADV.1, Forgestar, FLUIDYNE, and much more!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

409-273-8997

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

Calling out 98aggie's STAGGERING IAT2 claims!!

So is some one actually going provide real world data that contradicts my unbiased before and after data results on unported runners.

I mean that is were the claims were stated ,in my thread. So I think it's justifiable for the proof to be brought to the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content
    Owner at Jokerz performance specializing in supercharger ports and rebuilds.

With my ported snout and blower combo on a 90 mm throttle body you Will gain up to 35 hp and 30 ft lbs. my inlet at the rotors is the first of its kind on any platform. When you send me your supercharger. It's unboxed by me worked on by me shipped by me. I'm a one man shop and everything goes through me.

Hidden Content
    815-383-2513 is my contact info

Hidden Content

Jokerz power packages

Hidden Content

Call for pricing on injectors pullies ports rebuild or any other need thanks for your time

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

Greg does beautiful work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calling out 98aggie's  STAGGERING IAT2 claims!!-ls-chamber.jpg
    TurboCoupe likes this.

I'm Your Pusher
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    best bench racing I've seen from a thread in awhile! LOL

As for the physics... it doesn't matter how good heads are, they simply cannot stave off the compressed heat produced by the supercharger. The intercooler in the supercharger's job is to pull the heat from the air, move it to the heat exchanger, to extract the heat, and then move the cooler coolant back to the intercooler to repeat. Airflow movement aside, there simply is not a large enough volume of coolant moving through the supercharger to keep the IAT2s at such temps, even in lower pullied configurations.

Back to bench racing

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links