Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

How the F do I drive this thing???

9K views 55 replies 24 participants last post by  JDjamesthePilot 
#1 ·
So I just picked up my first V and I am taking it to the track (1/4 mile) tomorrow night, but I have a couple of questions...

How do I set up the car?
- Traction Control setting?
-Suspension Mode?
-Power brake to what RPM?
-Ice the intake?
-Manually paddle shift or let the trans do what it does?

2011 CTS-V Automatic
The performance mods are as follows:
630 HP lingenfelter performance upgrade
Professionally tunned
Airaid performance intake
Longtube headers with x pipe
Corsa sport exhaust

It also has Eibach performance lowering springs.

What kind of numbers are guys running with similar set ups? What kind of 60' times are guys getting on street tires?

Help me out. Thanks!!

See less See more
#52 ·
From the manual:

Manual Mode
Driver Shift Control (DSC) or Tap Shift

Notice: Driving with the engine at a high rpm without upshifting while using Driver Shift Control (DSC), could damage the vehicle. Always upshift when necessary while using DSC.

So is Sport Mode risky to use?

#56 ·
So I made it out to Test & Tune yesterday. I finally got the 11sec pass that I was looking for and the AF gauge gave me some new info to consider.

1 - I was still a little hesitant to brake torque it above 900 rpm and launch it as hard as a could. I should have though bc I think these DRs really have some bite. That would have been the 2/10ths that I wanted.
2 - The IAT2 got to the mid 140s ne'er the top end of the track and I saw that it began to pull timing. It went from 18.5-19 Det back to 17 or lower. The IATs at the start were between 110-120. It was starting to warm up here and all the creeping forward in the lanes heats it up.
3 - I realized that the cool feature of being able to run the IC pump & the fans with the motor off doesn't do shit without an icebox. The motor had lower IATs at idol with the engine running than with it off, fans & IC pump on, and a block of ice sitting on the intake.

So I know I need an IceBox for sure, but do I need a pump?
Also, what do you brake torque the RPMs to before you launch of you are making similar numbers to me and what are your 60' times?

Thanks!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.