Ok Tesla is the coolest car company-check this out.
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 55
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ok Tesla is the coolest car company-check this out.

  1. #1
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    chitown
    Posts
    3,209
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    78
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    1

    Ok Tesla is the coolest car company-check this out.

    Go to about 1:10 and be amazed!

    Currently driving my wife crazy
    Sold: 2010 CTS-V M6 Sedan blk/blk

  2. #2
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oxford Michigan.... Detroit suburbs
    Posts
    13,062
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    383
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    13
    Cool but those gull wings are not winter practical. We did the side airbags for those and those doors are a bitch.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

  3. #3
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    4,202
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    106
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    8
    They had a video of doors that had 1" of ice on them and they opened up with no issues, broke the ice and lifted.
    Current mods
    Lt1z stage 2 cam - johnson lifters -Airaid CAI w/Green filter - Mamo ported TB - Corsa Sport cat backs - Weapon X Track attack HX - weaponX carbon fiber spoiler and side blades - Varimax HX pump - NGK afx wide band - 2.4 upper - Green belt - idler pulley - Id850s, Zl1 lid - NGK TR7ix - MSD wires - BB test pipes - Mighty mouse catch can - BMR ice box - Side Swipe. Tuned.
    Mod pile
    American Racing headers and Xpipe - ATI lower 8.8 ring
    Best 1/4 mile to date
    1800DA
    1.67 - 60foot
    125.24 mph - 1/4
    11.1489 - Still working on the tune

  4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

  5. #4
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oxford Michigan.... Detroit suburbs
    Posts
    13,062
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    383
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    13
    Try 6" of snow and see how much falls into the interior lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

  6. #5
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Las Cruces NM
    Posts
    1,090
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    52
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    1
    Why would you want gull wings in the rear? Literally why?? So they hit your garage door if it's up or your ceiling?

  7. #6
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oxford Michigan.... Detroit suburbs
    Posts
    13,062
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    383
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    13
    One explanation....."Elon Musk"


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mprtetr likes this.
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

  8. #7
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    2,005
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    43
    I call BS (Given)
    3
    I call BS (Received)
    2
    Snow or rain, that's a stupid fuckin design!
    2010 WD A6 Best ET: 10.89@131, 1.61 60', 2800' DA

    Stage 1
    4.5" G-force intake w/ green filter, LS7 Mamo TB, Formato ported snout/blower, 850cc injectors, 2.4 pulley, DSteck flex fuel, Accell ceramic wires, Br7ef, Kooks headers and x-pipe w/ 3" Magnaflow resonators, Irish ZL1 lid, TA HX, Norcal box, LPE pump, SMC catch cans, 17"welds w/ 295's, 18" welds w/185's, gorilla lugs, Hp tuners Pro, AFR500 wideband

  9. #8
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    4,202
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    106
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mprtetr View Post
    Why would you want gull wings in the rear? Literally why?? So they hit your garage door if it's up or your ceiling?
    kids. I had to talk my wife off the edge from buying a mini van. Shes not a big woman and to carry a kid in a bucket between two cars, open a door then somehow angle your child in is no easy task. Those gull wing doors are amazing, but even I have my reservations for how long they will last.

    Cant blame him for trying...

    Seen a few snow covered door videos where very little snow gets into the cabin, id say less then from conventional doors. The snow only really enters at the bottom of the door when on a conventional door the second you break the seal the snow falls from the top onto the seat.

    Im not sure its such a bad idea from the videos I have seen, admittedly I havent seen a X covered in 12" of snow or anything crazy. At that point you want to remove the snow before you open any door no matter what kind.
    Current mods
    Lt1z stage 2 cam - johnson lifters -Airaid CAI w/Green filter - Mamo ported TB - Corsa Sport cat backs - Weapon X Track attack HX - weaponX carbon fiber spoiler and side blades - Varimax HX pump - NGK afx wide band - 2.4 upper - Green belt - idler pulley - Id850s, Zl1 lid - NGK TR7ix - MSD wires - BB test pipes - Mighty mouse catch can - BMR ice box - Side Swipe. Tuned.
    Mod pile
    American Racing headers and Xpipe - ATI lower 8.8 ring
    Best 1/4 mile to date
    1800DA
    1.67 - 60foot
    125.24 mph - 1/4
    11.1489 - Still working on the tune

  10. #9
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spring/Woodlands TX
    Posts
    13,915
    Likes (Given)
    62
    Likes (Received)
    573
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    Cool but those gull wings are not winter practical. We did the side airbags for those and those doors are a bitch.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    Try 6" of snow and see how much falls into the interior lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by pepn3385 View Post
    Snow or rain, that's a stupid fuckin design!
    Geez guys - you are a rough crowd! All great changes in history came with pain at first. The Boeing 747 is probably the most EPIC aircraft in history, and jet aircraft probably the most epic revolution in history. Yet when it first came out, it overwhelmed baggage handling systems, airport gates, and caused countless problems and issues.

    If innovation were easy and didn't come with pains and trade-offs, every company would be awesome. I can't open the fucking doors on my V2 without at least 2 pulls - rain, shine, snow, or good weather. They don't suck, but they ain't great either.

    These rear gulls have impressive side clearance and do some pretty impressive things. Yeah - they have some issues. Like the 747 and the A380 and lots more shit that changed the world, those problems will get sorted and things will improve.

    Man - for a bunch of old geezers, you sure act like a bunch of old geezers!! Hopefully some old geezers who have a wonderful holiday!

    Respectfully as always,

    -=TT=-

    PS, I own a shitload of Tesla stock...go buy one of those things you stingy bitches!!!
    2014 OBM/Titanium CTS-V Wagon "The Blue Whale"
    Auto, All Options, Interior is still 100% stock.
    Custom touches here and there...
    somewhere north of 556whp

    2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Black leather interior, 8 Spd ZF Auto, all options
    Pulley and tune
    21" RS6 wheels /Super Sport 285's all around / Lowered on KW's

  11. #10
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    4,202
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    106
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by TriTexan View Post
    Geez guys - you are a rough crowd! All great changes in history came with pain at first. The Boeing 747 is probably the most EPIC aircraft in history, and jet aircraft probably the most epic revolution in history. Yet when it first came out, it overwhelmed baggage handling systems, airport gates, and caused countless problems and issues.

    If innovation were easy and didn't come with pains and trade-offs, every company would be awesome. I can't open the fucking doors on my V2 without at least 2 pulls - rain, shine, snow, or good weather. They don't suck, but they ain't great either.

    These rear gulls have impressive side clearance and do some pretty impressive things. Yeah - they have some issues. Like the 747 and the A380 and lots more shit that changed the world, those problems will get sorted and things will improve.

    Man - for a bunch of old geezers, you sure act like a bunch of old geezers!! Hopefully some old geezers who have a wonderful holiday!

    Respectfully as always,

    -=TT=-

    PS, I own a shitload of Tesla stock...go buy one of those things you stingy bitches!!!
    Ive been arguing with my father in law more then I would like over tesla, he thinks its a flash in the pan and wont crack the auto world and the model 3 will be a flop. Even if the 3 fails (I doubt) I think Tesla has etched themselves into history doing things their way and making giant steps in the auto world.

    But like apple, I think 20 years from now were all going to be asking ourselves why we didnt invest the house into Tesla when given the chance. I have some stocks but its not enough to change my life unless they x100 lol
    Current mods
    Lt1z stage 2 cam - johnson lifters -Airaid CAI w/Green filter - Mamo ported TB - Corsa Sport cat backs - Weapon X Track attack HX - weaponX carbon fiber spoiler and side blades - Varimax HX pump - NGK afx wide band - 2.4 upper - Green belt - idler pulley - Id850s, Zl1 lid - NGK TR7ix - MSD wires - BB test pipes - Mighty mouse catch can - BMR ice box - Side Swipe. Tuned.
    Mod pile
    American Racing headers and Xpipe - ATI lower 8.8 ring
    Best 1/4 mile to date
    1800DA
    1.67 - 60foot
    125.24 mph - 1/4
    11.1489 - Still working on the tune

  12. #11
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spring/Woodlands TX
    Posts
    13,915
    Likes (Given)
    62
    Likes (Received)
    573
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by t.j.t View Post
    Ive been arguing with my father in law more then I would like over tesla, he thinks its a flash in the pan and wont crack the auto world and the model 3 will be a flop. Even if the 3 fails (I doubt) I think Tesla has etched themselves into history doing things their way and making giant steps in the auto world.

    But like apple, I think 20 years from now were all going to be asking ourselves why we didnt invest the house into Tesla when given the chance. I have some stocks but its not enough to change my life unless they x100 lol
    If you've been following my 401k thread you know that Nvidia has gained 80 to 90% since I recommended investing in it. And that was what...August, Spetember? If you can double your money every 6 months you don't have to bet the house. Of course...not ALL trades are doubles.

    Tesla is more of a longer term play for me. But between Google, Amazon, Netflix, Tesla, Nvidia, US Steel (thanks Trump!), Facebook, and yes...even Apple, I've done damn well.

    I hope you are right about Tesla's longer term prospects.

    What I like about this thread is that for the first time even we have a car company improving their cars over the airwaves. If a new tune comes out for my V2, it has to go to the dealer. Tesla rolls out cool shit all the time as you drive along.

    They'll fix the door issues I hope, as well as other problems. I just want them to keep innovating...doing things no car company has done before, in ways they've never been done. Comsumers will come around. Face it...a shit ton of people want a Model S...its just too costly. But if it were priced like a Hellcat, there'd be no market for the Hellcat. Instant dinosaur. I even saw a great Dodge ad yesterday showing their AWD version of the Challenger or something...touting it as America's only AWD muscle car. The Tesla S is already there and has been for a while.

    Lets see how they do with more mass production. Right now they are still small volume by comparison. If they can actually deliver the several hundred thousand Model X cars people seem to want, it could be game on....
    t.j.t likes this.
    2014 OBM/Titanium CTS-V Wagon "The Blue Whale"
    Auto, All Options, Interior is still 100% stock.
    Custom touches here and there...
    somewhere north of 556whp

    2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Black leather interior, 8 Spd ZF Auto, all options
    Pulley and tune
    21" RS6 wheels /Super Sport 285's all around / Lowered on KW's

  13. #12
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Las Cruces NM
    Posts
    1,090
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    52
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    1
    But like I said...can you open the doors in a normal garage or a parking garage? Looks awfully high to me in that video. I'm not a tesla fan so maybe that's why this is just flat dumb to me.

    Not all inovation is great, did you guys not see the latest transformers movie, geez.

  14. #13
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lake Norman / Mooresville NC
    Posts
    2,416
    Likes (Given)
    492
    Likes (Received)
    103
    I call BS (Given)
    1
    I call BS (Received)
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mprtetr View Post
    But like I said...can you open the doors in a normal garage or a parking garage? Looks awfully high to me in that video. I'm not a tesla fan so maybe that's why this is just flat dumb to me.

    Not all inovation is great, did you guys not see the latest transformers movie, geez.
    Yes, they need just 11 inches of clearance I believe. The doors fold in as they go up if needed.

  15. #14
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    730
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    12
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mprtetr View Post
    But like I said...can you open the doors in a normal garage or a parking garage? Looks awfully high to me in that video. I'm not a tesla fan so maybe that's why this is just flat dumb to me.

    Not all inovation is great, did you guys not see the latest transformers movie, geez.
    Doesn't look like an issue unless you have some Hobbit choad tunnel for a garage.


  16. #15
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    4,202
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    106
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mprtetr View Post
    But like I said...can you open the doors in a normal garage or a parking garage? Looks awfully high to me in that video. I'm not a tesla fan so maybe that's why this is just flat dumb to me.

    Not all inovation is great, did you guys not see the latest transformers movie, geez.
    Doors adjust to cars parked beside you and low ceilings, they will change the way the motors articulate depending on surroundings.
    Current mods
    Lt1z stage 2 cam - johnson lifters -Airaid CAI w/Green filter - Mamo ported TB - Corsa Sport cat backs - Weapon X Track attack HX - weaponX carbon fiber spoiler and side blades - Varimax HX pump - NGK afx wide band - 2.4 upper - Green belt - idler pulley - Id850s, Zl1 lid - NGK TR7ix - MSD wires - BB test pipes - Mighty mouse catch can - BMR ice box - Side Swipe. Tuned.
    Mod pile
    American Racing headers and Xpipe - ATI lower 8.8 ring
    Best 1/4 mile to date
    1800DA
    1.67 - 60foot
    125.24 mph - 1/4
    11.1489 - Still working on the tune

  17. #16
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    4,202
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    106
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by TriTexan View Post
    If you've been following my 401k thread you know that Nvidia has gained 80 to 90% since I recommended investing in it. And that was what...August, Spetember? If you can double your money every 6 months you don't have to bet the house. Of course...not ALL trades are doubles.

    Tesla is more of a longer term play for me. But between Google, Amazon, Netflix, Tesla, Nvidia, US Steel (thanks Trump!), Facebook, and yes...even Apple, I've done damn well.

    I hope you are right about Tesla's longer term prospects.

    What I like about this thread is that for the first time even we have a car company improving their cars over the airwaves. If a new tune comes out for my V2, it has to go to the dealer. Tesla rolls out cool shit all the time as you drive along.

    They'll fix the door issues I hope, as well as other problems. I just want them to keep innovating...doing things no car company has done before, in ways they've never been done. Comsumers will come around. Face it...a shit ton of people want a Model S...its just too costly. But if it were priced like a Hellcat, there'd be no market for the Hellcat. Instant dinosaur. I even saw a great Dodge ad yesterday showing their AWD version of the Challenger or something...touting it as America's only AWD muscle car. The Tesla S is already there and has been for a while.

    Lets see how they do with more mass production. Right now they are still small volume by comparison. If they can actually deliver the several hundred thousand Model X cars people seem to want, it could be game on....
    I have seen your 401k thread but I havent spent time in it. Perhaps I should so I can shop for a tesla or mclaren
    TriTexan likes this.
    Current mods
    Lt1z stage 2 cam - johnson lifters -Airaid CAI w/Green filter - Mamo ported TB - Corsa Sport cat backs - Weapon X Track attack HX - weaponX carbon fiber spoiler and side blades - Varimax HX pump - NGK afx wide band - 2.4 upper - Green belt - idler pulley - Id850s, Zl1 lid - NGK TR7ix - MSD wires - BB test pipes - Mighty mouse catch can - BMR ice box - Side Swipe. Tuned.
    Mod pile
    American Racing headers and Xpipe - ATI lower 8.8 ring
    Best 1/4 mile to date
    1800DA
    1.67 - 60foot
    125.24 mph - 1/4
    11.1489 - Still working on the tune

  18. #17
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Las Cruces NM
    Posts
    1,090
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    52
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod-Realtor View Post
    Yes, they need just 11 inches of clearance I believe. The doors fold in as they go up if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleventeen View Post
    Doesn't look like an issue unless you have some Hobbit choad tunnel for a garage.

    Quote Originally Posted by t.j.t View Post
    Doors adjust to cars parked beside you and low ceilings, they will change the way the motors articulate depending on surroundings.
    Now I know! Did I mentions it's fugly?
    Bluebeare likes this.

  19. #18
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    2,005
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    43
    I call BS (Given)
    3
    I call BS (Received)
    2
    I still don't think it's a great idea, maybe it's good for someone, just dumb to me. They figured out how to make extended cab pickup doors open to almost 180*, why can't they do it to a back door on a Tesla, just seems like they are asking for problems. Just opening those damn doors 1 time probably takes 10 miles off the range! Haha let's say a whole lot of snow doesn't pile in, which I find hard to believe, what happens in a downpour...? That car will have a couple gallons of water sloshing around in it, they don't open and close that fast...
    2010 WD A6 Best ET: 10.89@131, 1.61 60', 2800' DA

    Stage 1
    4.5" G-force intake w/ green filter, LS7 Mamo TB, Formato ported snout/blower, 850cc injectors, 2.4 pulley, DSteck flex fuel, Accell ceramic wires, Br7ef, Kooks headers and x-pipe w/ 3" Magnaflow resonators, Irish ZL1 lid, TA HX, Norcal box, LPE pump, SMC catch cans, 17"welds w/ 295's, 18" welds w/185's, gorilla lugs, Hp tuners Pro, AFR500 wideband

  20. #19
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    2,005
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    43
    I call BS (Given)
    3
    I call BS (Received)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by TriTexan View Post

    Man - for a bunch of old geezers, you sure act like a bunch of old geezers!! Hopefully some old geezers who have a wonderful holiday!

    Respectfully as always,

    -=TT=-
    I'm 31 fucker!

    And merry Christmas!
    2010 WD A6 Best ET: 10.89@131, 1.61 60', 2800' DA

    Stage 1
    4.5" G-force intake w/ green filter, LS7 Mamo TB, Formato ported snout/blower, 850cc injectors, 2.4 pulley, DSteck flex fuel, Accell ceramic wires, Br7ef, Kooks headers and x-pipe w/ 3" Magnaflow resonators, Irish ZL1 lid, TA HX, Norcal box, LPE pump, SMC catch cans, 17"welds w/ 295's, 18" welds w/185's, gorilla lugs, Hp tuners Pro, AFR500 wideband

  21. #20
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spring/Woodlands TX
    Posts
    13,915
    Likes (Given)
    62
    Likes (Received)
    573
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by pepn3385 View Post
    I'm 31 fucker!

    And merry Christmas!
    LOL!! ok, ok....had a good laugh at your reply. All in good fun!
    2014 OBM/Titanium CTS-V Wagon "The Blue Whale"
    Auto, All Options, Interior is still 100% stock.
    Custom touches here and there...
    somewhere north of 556whp

    2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Black leather interior, 8 Spd ZF Auto, all options
    Pulley and tune
    21" RS6 wheels /Super Sport 285's all around / Lowered on KW's

  22. #21
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    730
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    12
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by pepn3385 View Post
    I still don't think it's a great idea, maybe it's good for someone, just dumb to me. They figured out how to make extended cab pickup doors open to almost 180*, why can't they do it to a back door on a Tesla, just seems like they are asking for problems. Just opening those damn doors 1 time probably takes 10 miles off the range! Haha let's say a whole lot of snow doesn't pile in, which I find hard to believe, what happens in a downpour...? That car will have a couple gallons of water sloshing around in it, they don't open and close that fast...
    From a functionality standpoint, they're probably no better or worse than traditional doors; they solve some problems, but create others.
    t.j.t likes this.

  23. #22
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    4,202
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    106
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleventeen View Post
    From a functionality standpoint, they're probably no better or worse than traditional doors; they solve some problems, but create others.
    this is very true. Complex? for sure! They almost shield the occupant when you open the doors. Honestly any door open on any vehicle in a down pour will net you water inside of it. These are electronic so I see the point about them being open longer then needed.
    Current mods
    Lt1z stage 2 cam - johnson lifters -Airaid CAI w/Green filter - Mamo ported TB - Corsa Sport cat backs - Weapon X Track attack HX - weaponX carbon fiber spoiler and side blades - Varimax HX pump - NGK afx wide band - 2.4 upper - Green belt - idler pulley - Id850s, Zl1 lid - NGK TR7ix - MSD wires - BB test pipes - Mighty mouse catch can - BMR ice box - Side Swipe. Tuned.
    Mod pile
    American Racing headers and Xpipe - ATI lower 8.8 ring
    Best 1/4 mile to date
    1800DA
    1.67 - 60foot
    125.24 mph - 1/4
    11.1489 - Still working on the tune

  24. #23
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    Posts
    2,399
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    191
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    4
    I think the falcon doors are cool in theory, but having conventional doors on the front completely negates any benefit they have, unless you plan on always climbing into the back to get out. Plus, the fact that you can crash the front door into the rear if you open them at the same time is hilariously bad engineering.

    In reality, a sliding rear door would do everything better than a gull wing door, but Tesla knows their core customers wouldn't be caught dead in something that might accidentally be confused with a minivan.
    Hellastock CTS-Vegan

  25. #24
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    4,202
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    106
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    8
    Except putting a child in the back seat. With no roof there because that portion lifts with the door it truly is much better then a sliding door.

    I see your point about the customers not being caught dead with a mini van hybrid suv
    Current mods
    Lt1z stage 2 cam - johnson lifters -Airaid CAI w/Green filter - Mamo ported TB - Corsa Sport cat backs - Weapon X Track attack HX - weaponX carbon fiber spoiler and side blades - Varimax HX pump - NGK afx wide band - 2.4 upper - Green belt - idler pulley - Id850s, Zl1 lid - NGK TR7ix - MSD wires - BB test pipes - Mighty mouse catch can - BMR ice box - Side Swipe. Tuned.
    Mod pile
    American Racing headers and Xpipe - ATI lower 8.8 ring
    Best 1/4 mile to date
    1800DA
    1.67 - 60foot
    125.24 mph - 1/4
    11.1489 - Still working on the tune

  26. #25
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spring/Woodlands TX
    Posts
    13,915
    Likes (Given)
    62
    Likes (Received)
    573
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mprtetr View Post
    Not all inovation is great, did you guys not see the latest transformers movie, geez.
    Agreed. Its the company that has a culture of innovation and isn't afraid to try, controversial, and yes...even ideas that may fail the test of time in their real products.

    Let's look at Apple. When they came out with the iPad everyone laughed and called it a feminine hygiene product that could do everything a good laptop could only not as easily and not as well. And yet consumer demand for a good tablet ended up being fairly revolutionary.

    What made (personal view: I think Apple's days of breakthrough products died with Jobs...), and what now makes Tesla different is the spirit. The willingness to offer a product no one ever asked for because it's somehow "cool" to some subset of the population.

    For example: Not everyone thinks "hella flush, stanced cars" are cool. But a lot do and there's a ton of money made engineering products for those guys.

    Again...agreed the car isn't perfect. But the Model S got some of the highest review ratings EVER for a passenger car from multiple sources. Maybe that was a fluke but I don't thinks so.

    Not every song is a hit. The difference between a superstar and a street musician is just that the superstar HAD hits. Even the greatest only have one hit song in 10 or 20. Even the greatest batters bat under .500. Edison was famous for noting the thousands of failures needed to make just ONE innovation.

    I'm putting MY money on Tesla over other companies. Maybe you think GM has better growth prospects...I guess as I write this I realize that's really where my head is: potential. Tesla has hugely greater potential to grow my investment many times over. GM probably won't double in value, sales, stock price, models, etc next year. Tesla might double, triple, or more in the next 24 months. As always, JMHO and YMMV....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mprtetr View Post
    Now I know! Did I mentions it's fugly?
    Can't argue there. So are minivans, the Panamera, etc. But minivans are highly functional and the Panamera is among the greatest performing 4 door cars ever. Each has its place I think. The Model X might win HUGE sales vole from tree hugging millenials with kids, even though guys like you and me may not see the appeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by t.j.t View Post
    Except putting a child in the back seat. With no roof there because that portion lifts with the door it truly is much better then a sliding door.

    I see your point about the customers not being caught dead with a mini van hybrid suv
    I remember when people made fun of minivans and their doors. "Too complicated! Looks stupid! Will jam and fail. Self opening and closing? That's a nightmare all around!".

    Now such doors are the gold standard. They open and close slowly and electronically, offer full sensors for safety and pinch protection, and are fairly reliable.

    If the cost, functionality, and reliability work out, a certain group will simply get over their hangups with looks. Some won't. It's the challenge and curse of ALL car design efforts.


    Everyone should see Doug Demuro's YouTube video of why the Model X sucks SO bad and is an AWFUL car...

    2014 OBM/Titanium CTS-V Wagon "The Blue Whale"
    Auto, All Options, Interior is still 100% stock.
    Custom touches here and there...
    somewhere north of 556whp

    2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Black leather interior, 8 Spd ZF Auto, all options
    Pulley and tune
    21" RS6 wheels /Super Sport 285's all around / Lowered on KW's

  27. #26
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    730
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    12
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    4

    Tesla predicts crash in auto-pilot... The future is now.

    Here is a recent video of a Tesla in auto-pilot. It's crash avoidence system reacts before the accident even happens. Pretty awesome:


  28. #27
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spring/Woodlands TX
    Posts
    13,915
    Likes (Given)
    62
    Likes (Received)
    573
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleventeen View Post
    Here is a recent video of a Tesla in auto-pilot. It's crash avoidence system reacts before the accident even happens. Pretty awesome:

    Saw this recently too. In the video you only really hear the chime. But the car automatically braked without driver intervention - possibly saving them from being caught up in the accident.

    And not only did the computer act before the collision, it saw the problem TWO CARS AHEAD. It did something that is really beyond the reach of human perception. To me that's going to be the huge win here for self drive.

    If the other cars in this video also had a system like this, there would have been no accident at all. And this was a serious multiple rollover...

    Two thumbs up for computer awesomeness.
    2014 OBM/Titanium CTS-V Wagon "The Blue Whale"
    Auto, All Options, Interior is still 100% stock.
    Custom touches here and there...
    somewhere north of 556whp

    2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Black leather interior, 8 Spd ZF Auto, all options
    Pulley and tune
    21" RS6 wheels /Super Sport 285's all around / Lowered on KW's

  29. #28
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oxford Michigan.... Detroit suburbs
    Posts
    13,062
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    383
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    13
    The company I work for is heavily involved in the autonomous development.

    Yes it works......still not a overall fan of autonomous vehicles. It's sad really.

    But I certainly understand why there is a push to idiotproof everything in life, because there are an exponential quantity of idiots out there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

  30. #29
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Las Cruces NM
    Posts
    1,090
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    52
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    1
    Last edited by Mprtetr; 12-29-2016 at 08:08 AM.

  31. #30
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Boston, North Shore
    Posts
    330
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    5
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Great wow factor on the doors. I see them as a maintenance nightmare. Kind of like the pop up screen in the Vagon, just waiting for it to break. Time will tell on the tesla, how long can they burn cash and live ? I read that they lose money on every car sold (don't know if it is true or not. I dig the fact that Elon is a disrupter and innovator. No for the long haul and quality....


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)