Gonna go test drive some "other" cars - who's got a Tesla, McLaren, Porsche, Audi, etc?
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Gonna go test drive some "other" cars - who's got a Tesla, McLaren, Porsche, Audi, etc?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

Gonna go test drive some "other" cars - who's got a Tesla, McLaren, Porsche, Audi, etc?

This is probably a REALLY bad idea, but with a McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Tesla, Audi, MB, BMW, and Jaguar dealerships all within minutes of my house, and with some time off work and no relatives visiting this year, I find myself wanting to go check out a Tesla, McLaren, S8 Plus/RS7, CLS63, and a few other rides. And oh god...a Hellcat? I hope not, but who knows.

Wondering who out there has one of these more exotic/non-standard/less common sports/performance cars and what you think of them? If I blew $150k on a new ride, it's likely it would stay stock or at most get a tune (the Audi's, MB turbos, and various other cars respond REALLY well to tunes and hold up). But I probably wouldn't open up the engine like I did with the V2 - and I mostly did that because it was such a proven, understood platform when I got it.

And NO - THE WHALE IS NOT FOR SALE YOU EFFING VULTURES!! Yet.
    neuronbob likes this.
    2014 OBM/Titanium CTS-V Wagon "The Blue Whale"
    Auto, All Options, block and interior still 100% stock.
    Power Hood, Forgelines, Black Moon's rocker blades, fancy tires
    Other custom touches here and there...
    556whp

2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Black leather interior, 8 Spd ZF Auto, all options
    APR Pulley and Tune
    21" RS6 wheels /Super Sport 285's all around / Lowered on KW's

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Current mods
    Lt1z stage 2 cam - johnson lifters -Airaid CAI w/Green filter - Mamo ported TB - Corsa Sport cat backs - Weapon X Track attack HX - weaponX carbon fiber spoiler and side blades - Varimax HX pump - NGK afx wide band - 2.4 upper - Green belt - idler pulley - Id850s, Zl1 lid - NGK TR7ix - MSD wires - BB test pipes - Mighty mouse catch can - BMR ice box - Side Swipe. Tuned.
    Mod pile
    American Racing headers and Xpipe - ATI lower 8.8 ring
    Best 1/4 mile to date
    1800DA
    1.67 - 60foot
    125.24 mph - 1/4
    11.1489 - Still working on the tune

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I think you'll end up buying something. Everything you mentioned will make your V2 feel like a dinosaur in tech and transmissions.
    Add the V3 to your list too. And don't forget to give us a detailed review of each .
    2011 CTS-V

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Not for sale? So you're just going to give it to me? Thanks man, you're the best. Let me know when I can fly out and get it.
    x96535 likes this.
    2010 A6 Sedan - 2.4 upper, E85, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body and an Airaid, tuned by GP Tuning - 609/HP 597/TQ

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    S8 plus for the week, 675LT for the weekends. Go and make it so.
    t.j.t, Mprtetr and x96535 like this.
    old slow pontiac
    Hidden Content

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Would be a really tough choice between RS7 and tesla p100D. Hell even the Model X looks sexy as hell.

To me domestics are fun to get into, mod, play, break, fix, sell.

You want a euro car, keep it stock, maybe buy some expensive wheels, drink champain and go to cardigan sweaters parties and talk about your cool car but the price point is too high for me to justify tinkering and modding with... and lets be honest, the price point is just to high for me to purchase in the first place... lol
    random84 likes this.
    Current mods
    Lt1z stage 2 cam - johnson lifters -Airaid CAI w/Green filter - Mamo ported TB - Corsa Sport cat backs - Weapon X Track attack HX - weaponX carbon fiber spoiler and side blades - Varimax HX pump - NGK afx wide band - 2.4 upper - Green belt - idler pulley - Id850s, Zl1 lid - NGK TR7ix - MSD wires - BB test pipes - Mighty mouse catch can - BMR ice box - Side Swipe. Tuned.
    Mod pile
    American Racing headers and Xpipe - ATI lower 8.8 ring
    Best 1/4 mile to date
    1800DA
    1.67 - 60foot
    125.24 mph - 1/4
    11.1489 - Still working on the tune

Honey Badger in Rehab
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    A buddy was hot to trot for a McLaren 650s. Talked to two private sellers, once guy is a physician in VA who eventually told him, "Look, the car is brutally fast but when it depreciates 30% in a year and spends 40% of the same year at the dealer for electrical gremlins I just can't sell it to you in good faith. I can't tell you how many times I watched it leave my house on a flatbed for DC, I'm just going to trade it in for a huge hit".
    m13s likes this.
    I'm just a poor retired fucker.....

2X 9 second club
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    1 percenter problems.....
    Octopiston likes this.
    Silver surfer, 2016 Radiant Silver V3, 11.31@125 stock
    little red- 9.99@138 on the corn best mph 139 1/4 108.6 1/8 (sold)
    big silver - 9.63@142 on the spray (sold)

my GM High Tech article:
    Hidden Content

See the videos at:
    Hidden Content

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    You should test drive a Z06. I've done everything NOT to buy one. That was a mistake. Easily the most capable car I've ever owned and with programmable ride, steering, stability control and exhaust note it's also the most liveable for everyday driving. The Callaway packages runs 10.50's on street tires, 2:02 at VIR full course and gets 22mpg hwy.
    REDLINE

2016 Corvette Z06 3LZ
    Callaway SC757
    "I lived my life by one motto.......mottos are for losers" cvp33

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cvp33 View Post
    You should test drive a Z06. I've done everything NOT to buy one. That was a mistake. Easily the most capable car I've ever owned and with programmable ride, steering, stability control and exhaust note it's also the most liveable for everyday driving. The Callaway packages runs 10.50's on street tires, 2:02 at VIR full course and gets 22mpg hwy.
    Plus you can easily bedazzle it with billet taillight louvers, so...
    old slow pontiac
    Hidden Content

2X 9 second club
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    Plus you can easily bedazzle it with billet taillight louvers, so...
    and airbushed hoodliners of the sports car graveyard, or sharks consuming vipers and the like....
    Silver surfer, 2016 Radiant Silver V3, 11.31@125 stock
    little red- 9.99@138 on the corn best mph 139 1/4 108.6 1/8 (sold)
    big silver - 9.63@142 on the spray (sold)

my GM High Tech article:
    Hidden Content

See the videos at:
    Hidden Content

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Test drove a f type R a couple of months back. It was fun. The sound is amazing from that thing. Especially if you can test a vert. I'm not a vert guy but it's what they had. Tech is nice. I'm still not sold on these zf8 speeds though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2012 CTS-V 6MT VAGON "Precious" - Corsa Sport Exhaust and otherwise stock... for now.
    2012 C63 AMG Sedan - Every option (P31 and lighting package)/Eurocharged tune/and much more - SOLD
    2011 Audi S4 6MT - Highly modified - SOLD

Owner: Momentum Nutrition LLC
    @OfficialMomentumNutrition
    @E.N.V

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cvp33 View Post
    I drove one of these as well. Have to watch the right for a lot haha. My friend has one with corsa extreme and it may be one of the loudest cars I've ever driven. And one of the fastest.

2012 CTS-V 6MT VAGON "Precious" - Corsa Sport Exhaust and otherwise stock... for now.
    2012 C63 AMG Sedan - Every option (P31 and lighting package)/Eurocharged tune/and much more - SOLD
    2011 Audi S4 6MT - Highly modified - SOLD

Owner: Momentum Nutrition LLC
    @OfficialMomentumNutrition
    @E.N.V

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    That P100d stoplight launch going to make Tri poop his pants since he has been rolling around on street tires this entire time.
    Unavowed likes this.

Honey Badger in Rehab
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ENV MN View Post
    Test drove a f type R a couple of months back. It was fun. The sound is amazing from that thing. Especially if you can test a vert. I'm not a vert guy but it's what they had. Tech is nice. I'm still not sold on these zf8 speeds though

I love those in convertible mode, they drop hard after a year or two. Several of the used ones that were priced ridiculously low were
    Manufacturer Buybacks. There were like three of them out of the 20 or so V8S models I liked. Concerning.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    The Audi RS7 is a beast and also the Tesla is hard to beat, but if you are looking for a supercar check out a Gen 5 Viper or Z06. If I had 150k to spend I would be looking at a newer Porsche 911 Turbo S.
    SOLD 2011 CTS-V Wagon, 2011 CTS-V Sedan Hidden Content

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    The Callaway does 0-60 in 2.8 secs. The exhaust is programmable so can be very quiet on stealth mode.
    gOt BoOsT likes this.
    REDLINE

2016 Corvette Z06 3LZ
    Callaway SC757
    "I lived my life by one motto.......mottos are for losers" cvp33

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Type F roadster just screams chick car to me, it's tiny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Production numbers are too high for the hellcats IMO. Over 20k in 3 years. Unless you want a drag car it's just a dodge. I see them everywhere now. There were like 8 at the last car show I went to.
    I've been eyeing the RS7 though. I haven't driven it yet. I'd be interested to hear your opinion on it. Audis have great satisfaction and reliability numbers too.
    I think the Teslas are nice but for a toy I want an engine that makes some noise. Lol If it were my daily might have a different opinion though.
    07xln likes this.
    '13 BD Vagon, manual trans, recaros, alcantara, sunroof, yellow calipers.
    2.4 pulley, ID850's, headers and 3" full exhaust, Zl1 lid, ported LS7 TB, airraid w/ green filter, varimax, track attack hx, catch can and custom icebox.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    S8 plus for the week, 675LT for the weekends. Go and make it so.
    Aren't we buying S8's together?

Quote Originally Posted by papi View Post
    I think you'll end up buying something. Everything you mentioned will make your V2 feel like a dinosaur in tech and transmissions.
    Add the V3 to your list too. And don't forget to give us a detailed review of each .
    Precisely why it's probably a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by t.j.t View Post
    Would be a really tough choice between RS7 and tesla p100D. Hell even the Model X looks sexy as hell.

To me domestics are fun to get into, mod, play, break, fix, sell.

You want a euro car, keep it stock, maybe buy some expensive wheels, drink champain and go to cardigan sweaters parties and talk about your cool car but the price point is too high for me to justify tinkering and modding with... and lets be honest, the price point is just to high for me to purchase in the first place... lol
    Wife has a tuned Audi, mechanically stock. It's super nice. Does 0-60 as fast as a stock V2 and does it with a 3.0 liter blown V-6, has AWD, and is smooth, docile, and quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by busabob View Post
    A buddy was hot to trot for a McLaren 650s. Talked to two private sellers, once guy is a physician in VA who eventually told him, "Look, the car is brutally fast but when it depreciates 30% in a year and spends 40% of the same year at the dealer for electrical gremlins I just can't sell it to you in good faith. I can't tell you how many times I watched it leave my house on a flatbed for DC, I'm just going to trade it in for a huge hit".
    Yeah - I think I wanna drive a McLaren a lot more than I wanna OWN one. I think they are a lot like boats that way...

Quote Originally Posted by blubyu View Post
    That P100d stoplight launch going to make Tri poop his pants since he has been rolling around on street tires this entire time.
    Borrowed a Vbox from a local guy here. The Whale on the Sport Cup 2's and concrete managed a 2.7 sec 0-60 time - launched in 2nd gear since traction was the limiting factor, and hence no time lost to a shift. The P100 will be a tad faster and I expect the launch from 0-15mph to be faster. After that it's ALL V2...

Quote Originally Posted by hattori View Post
    The Audi RS7 is a beast and also the Tesla is hard to beat, but if you are looking for a supercar check out a Gen 5 Viper or Z06. If I had 150k to spend I would be looking at a newer Porsche 911 Turbo S.
    Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    Type F roadster just screams chick car to me, it's tiny
    That's the issue with the Z06, 911, and a lot of other really nice performance cars - no real room. Until I build a new house with my dream garage, I'm trying to stick with one car that does it all. That's why the V2 wagon is so hard to replace - there ARE faster, better handling, and more technically capable cars, but few offer performance AND space at the level the wagon does.
    Fireguy and JayC'sV like this.
    556whp

2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    APR Pulley and Tune

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Plus it's raining here in Houston today...not exactly ideal. Both cars needed a wash and I had a few other things to do that really needed nice weather. I've had clear, sunny, 70-80 degree days this week until today. Guess I'll take the rebuilt engine for an oil change...
    556whp

APR Pulley and Tune

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I'd say check out that Tesla you're talking about. It's about as different from your V you could get, which would make it an ideal companion to it.

Make sure you're testing a P100D though.
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Best bang for the buck, c7 z06.

I have driven a bunch of exotics and that one for the money wins hands down. Mclaren? When it rains the electronics take a dump

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    The McLaren 570 is at the top of my please-depreciate-soon watch list. It seems like it has the best combination of looks/performance/price. Sure a Porsche or Corvette is a smarter choice, but you can use this logic to smart-choice yourself all the way into a Camry.

If you want something exotic, buy an actual exotic. Not an exotic variant of an everyday passenger car.
    HUGN*RDS and random84 like this.
    Hellastock CTS-Vegan

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriTexan View Post
    This is probably a REALLY bad idea, but with a McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Tesla, Audi, MB, BMW, and Jaguar dealerships all within minutes of my house, and with some time off work and no relatives visiting this year, I find myself wanting to go check out a Tesla, McLaren, S8 Plus/RS7, CLS63, and a few other rides. And oh god...a Hellcat? I hope not, but who knows.

Wondering who out there has one of these more exotic/non-standard/less common sports/performance cars and what you think of them? If I blew $150k on a new ride, it's likely it would stay stock or at most get a tune (the Audi's, MB turbos, and various other cars respond REALLY well to tunes and hold up). But I probably wouldn't open up the engine like I did with the V2 - and I mostly did that because it was such a proven, understood platform when I got it.

And NO - THE WHALE IS NOT FOR SALE YOU EFFING VULTURES!! Yet.
    If you got 150k to blow and you don't buy a Porsche 911 Turbo S you need your head checked.......

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by blubyu View Post
    The Turbo S Porsche will make that electric car look like it is sitting still..

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BADMOON View Post
    But can it carry 6 people?
    old slow pontiac
    Hidden Content

Honey Badger in Rehab
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Ain't gonna happen, Tri's wife doesn't know about the other 5
    Blown376 and BigBlackV like this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Or does she.......?
    old slow pontiac
    Hidden Content

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    If you got 150k to blow and you don't buy a Porsche 911 Turbo S you need your head checked.......
    Agreed. 911 just isn't an ideal daily for a guy who races in triathlons and takes clients out for lunch.

GT3RS is a damn fine 911 too. Both unreal cars. If I had $150k AND a 3 or 4 car garage then the Turbo S would likely be on my very short list.
    One of the FEW cars that can truly match the Tesla off the line. Once rolling my V2 would eat any Tesla no prob.
    Skinny ones. But not of the boob size I require. So its out.
    She IS one of the other 5....
    Or does she.......?
    You've met her. You know she knows its the shaggin wagon.
    556whp

APR Pulley and Tune

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links