Gonna go test drive some "other" cars - who's got a Tesla, McLaren, Porsche, Audi, etc? - Page 2
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Gonna go test drive some "other" cars - who's got a Tesla, McLaren, Porsche, Audi, etc?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Just try not to fall down the steps this year.
    TriTexan likes this.
    old slow pontiac
    Hidden Content

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriTexan View Post
    Agreed. 911 just isn't an ideal daily for a guy who races in triathlons and takes clients out for lunch.

GT3RS is a damn fine 911 too. Both unreal cars. If I had $150k AND a 3 or 4 car garage then the Turbo S would likely be on my very short list.

One of the FEW cars that can truly match the Tesla off the line. Once rolling my V2 would eat any Tesla no prob.

Skinny ones. But not of the boob size I require. So its out.

She IS one of the other 5....

You've met her. You know she knows its the shaggin wagon.

No way would I daily any 150k vehicle to many fuckin inconsiderate pieces of shit out there man. You wanna know what I daily?? A 150k mile 4 cyl chevy s10 with a huge whiskey dent in driver side and paint chipping off the hood It is paid for and worth maybe 3k. I take care of it though mechanically. She runs like a top still.. My friends make fun of me all time. MY custom TBSS and my V stay in garage while there nice cars are just rackin up mileage and wear and tear..

I really thought about selling the V and getting like a 14-15 Turbo S I could swing it possibly.Porsches are just out of the league when it comes to exotics or American cars. Go drive one if you don't believe me even an older one. I saw a 15 turbo S with intercoolers,tune,meth injection and exhaust only, run low 10s at mid 130s. Just think what upgraded turbos would do..But
    1. I just cant justify buying a car worth as much as my house
    2.The tiptronic trans hasn't sold me quite yet. I haven't seen it handle multiple 9 sec passes yet
    3. If I sell my V for it better run 9s on stock drivetrain cause if that fuckin trans goes its gonna be lot more than a 6l90

If your gonna get one I would go join 6speedonline forum theres guys over there that have been hauling ass in Porches for long time. Ive been lingering over there the last 6 months Ive learned a lot. It looks like Ill just pay my V off and get into a built MKIV supra to park next to the V.

If you get a Tesla imma make fun of you. Hope you consider my advice. Like I did on your 401k advice..
    Last edited by BADMOON; 12-23-2016 at 09:18 PM.
    TriTexan likes this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    S8 + tune
    Unavowed and TriTexan like this.
    Currently driving my wife crazy
    Sold: 2010 CTS-V M6 Sedan blk/blk

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I would say realistically if you need 4 seats the rs7 is phenomenal and the best choice. If not, a used 991 GT3 those things offer a better driving experience than the turbo s. Turbo s is very fast, gt3 is just pure smiles all day. Crazy power from a naturally aspirated flat 6. Handling is top notch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2012 CTS-V 6MT VAGON "Beauty" - Corsa Sport Exhaust and otherwise stock... for now.
    2012 C63 AMG Sedan - Every option (P31 and lighting package)/Eurocharged tune/and much more - SOLD
    2011 Audi S4 6MT - Highly modified - SOLD

Owner: Momentum Nutrition LLC
    @OfficialMomentumNutrition
    @E.N.V

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I've been a Porsche/Audi guy for a while now...with 2 911 turbos and a manually converted RS6 under my belt, if I could "wish" any car in my driveway right now, it would be a newer S8. I would love a 07-08 997 turbo, but I seem to be outgrowing 2 door cars...the only downside to Audi's new V8tt rocket is that the engine needs to come out for shit like a bad injector. So if you don't wrench on your own stuff, maintenance could be a factor, unless you are a 1 percenter, and pay people to fix your crap.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BADMOON View Post
    No way would I daily any 150k vehicle to many fuckin inconsiderate pieces of shit out there man. You wanna know what I daily?? A 150k mile 4 cyl chevy s10 with a huge whiskey dent in driver side and paint chipping off the hood It is paid for and worth maybe 3k. I take care of it though mechanically. She runs like a top still.. My friends make fun of me all time. MY custom TBSS and my V stay in garage while there nice cars are just rackin up mileage and wear and tear..

I really thought about selling the V and getting like a 14-15 Turbo S I could swing it possibly.Porsches are just out of the league when it comes to exotics or American cars. Go drive one if you don't believe me even an older one. I saw a 15 turbo S with intercoolers,tune,meth injection and exhaust only, run low 10s at mid 130s. Just think what upgraded turbos would do..But
    1. I just cant justify buying a car worth as much as my house
    2.The tiptronic trans hasn't sold me quite yet. I haven't seen it handle multiple 9 sec passes yet
    3. If I sell my V for it better run 9s on stock drivetrain cause if that fuckin trans goes its gonna be lot more than a 6l90

If your gonna get one I would go join 6speedonline forum theres guys over there that have been hauling ass in Porches for long time. Ive been lingering over there the last 6 months Ive learned a lot. It looks like Ill just pay my V off and get into a built MKIV supra to park next to the V.

If you get a Tesla imma make fun of you. Hope you consider my advice. Like I did on your 401k advice..
    I'm a little different with my vehicles. I mean, I'm not gunna daily a mclaren but my vehicles are to drive. What fun is it to have nice stuff in the garage but drive a shitter everyday? I drive all my vehicles all the time, even to the store! I'm very meticulous with all my stuff, vehicles, guns, whatever but I use it all. To me it's like saying I have a smoking hot wife at home but I'm afraid to take her out in public because someone might hit on her.
    Wrecked Em, random84 and OneTwo like this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    I've been a Porsche/Audi guy for a while now...with 2 911 turbos and a manually converted RS6 under my belt, if I could "wish" any car in my driveway right now, it would be a newer S8. I would love a 07-08 997 turbo, but I seem to be outgrowing 2 door cars...the only downside to Audi's new V8tt rocket is that the engine needs to come out for shit like a bad injector. So if you don't wrench on your own stuff, maintenance could be a factor, unless you are a 1 percenter, and pay people to fix your crap.
    Currently driving my wife crazy
    Sold: 2010 CTS-V M6 Sedan blk/blk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    LOL..zakly

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I'll be moving to a 911 platform (track only) at some point in the future. With the track only E36M3 and the soon to be endurance 370Z (also track only) there is only so much $$ to toss around. For me (other than a formula car the 911 platform is great for the track. F car? been there done that. Audi?? not my cup of tea. Unless of course I can find a bargain C7 Z06 at some point. The rear engine is a deal sealer as you can throttle steer the car and that is a blast on the track. Man so many choices, so little time.

Merry Xmas everyone.

-M

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Yeah...for some reason the C6 Z06's have become quite a lot of car for the money....but the ZL1 is somehow attractive now too...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mprtetr View Post
    I'm a little different with my vehicles. I mean, I'm not gunna daily a mclaren but my vehicles are to drive. What fun is it to have nice stuff in the garage but drive a shitter everyday? I drive all my vehicles all the time, even to the store! I'm very meticulous with all my stuff, vehicles, guns, whatever but I use it all. To me it's like saying I have a smoking hot wife at home but I'm afraid to take her out in public because someone might hit on her.
    I usually just drive my S10 beater to work. I drive the TBSS to dinner/dates and errands. The V is the fun car. I wish I had more time to drive the V but that's the way life is for me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Yeah...for some reason the C6 Z06's have become quite a lot of car for the money....but the ZL1 is somehow attractive now too...
    This.. That new ZL1 is gonna be a force to be reckoned with for sure.. I would personally prefer the Turbo S. Way more comfortable and Porches are meant for twin turbos

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mprtetr View Post
    I'm with ya here. No drive wasted...even if it's just to the office! Plus I enjoy the other bits too. And newer cars are generally safer, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by m13s View Post
    I'll be moving to a 911 platform (track only) at some point in the future. With the track only E36M3 and the soon to be endurance 370Z (also track only) there is only so much $$ to toss around. For me (other than a formula car the 911 platform is great for the track. F car? been there done that. Audi?? not my cup of tea. Unless of course I can find a bargain C7 Z06 at some point. The rear engine is a deal sealer as you can throttle steer the car and that is a blast on the track. Man so many choices, so little time.

Merry Xmas everyone.

-M
    You sir are a true baller. And thats a good thing. Clearly more time and money for toys than me. But I envy that and will join you someday. Need to stash a little more nest egg money away.
    ZL1 does have an interesting appeal. New fast-shifting 10sp auto has gotta be sweet if youre ok not having the "man pedal". I just enjoy driving period...
    I usually just drive my S10 beater to work. I drive the TBSS to dinner/dates and errands. The V is the fun car. I wish I had more time to drive the V but that's the way life is for me.
    You got room for more cars than me. Plus I just can't get into the "beater car" mindset. Now when I did construction work a long time ago...for sure. But an office job and clients and employees and lunch with other management means beater is usually not appropriate for to/from work.

But I get your point. I just don't, er..."get it".
    This.. That new ZL1 is gonna be a force to be reckoned with for sure.. I would personally prefer the Turbo S. Way more comfortable and Porches are meant for twin turbos
    Twins are ALWAYS a good thing when done right. Audi does a hella nice job and almost every top end carmaker has learned to dona good tt setup. The V Sport loaner I had for many months was very appealing and the new Ford Ecoboost engines are quite good too. The one I drove was in a big SUV. Had great torque and power for a V6 and was quiet and reaponsive. But I found it surprisingly thirsty. Guess its all about the right foot and not the motor....
    2014 OBM/Titanium CTS-V Wagon "The Blue Whale"
    Auto, All Options, Interior 100% stock.
    Custom touches here and there...needs driver mod badly!
    7xx to 8xx rwhp

2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Black leather interior, 8 Spd ZF Auto, all options
    Pulley and tune
    21" RS6 wheels /Super Sport 285's all around / Lowered on KW's

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    PS....Merry Xmas all! I didn't get around to the actual car shopping yet due to weather. But will do next week and won't forget pics and vids and such.
    7xx to 8xx rwhp

2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Pulley and tune

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I see TT selling the blue whale and getting the Tesla model x p100D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    I see TT selling the blue whale and getting the Tesla model x p100D

We have an Audi SQ5. Too similar. Ain't happening. Yeah its killer fast and all. But not my style I don't think.

Good guess but I'm a lot more S8+ / RS7 kinda guy. Hell...I'd probably go with the 911 before I bought the Model X.
    7xx to 8xx rwhp

Pulley and tune

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    10.8 @122 all day p100D no matter DA

679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

Not all day. You need a charger.
    x96535, OneTwo and Wrecked Em like this.
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    Good point, curious how many 1/4 mile runs you get on a charge. Nearest track to me is 75 miles one way, so might need to trailer it

679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Do they make a manual transmission in a Tesla?

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
    Sales@dynamicflowconcepts.net
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    Wrecked Em likes this.

2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    1FG!!!!

x96535 likes this.
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Good point, curious how many 1/4 mile runs you get on a charge. Nearest track to me is 75 miles one way, so might need to trailer it

Tesla suffers from heat soak of the battery pack.
    2009.5 Passion Red Metallic G8 GT
    Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. -Pausch

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    1FG!!!!
    Um yeah....so it has either a manual or an auto, however you wanna think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmgt View Post
    Tesla suffers from heat soak of the battery pack.
    *V guys talking about the heat of OTHER cars??

**V guys (or any ICE-powerer 1320 racers) worried about a charger. You either need that or tons of ice for your tank, a generator to run your intercooler pump, and special tools or software to provide manual override control of the pump.

I'm OK with taking the charger, the trailer, or whatever. But with AWD and very predictable results, why do you really need more than one or two passes anyway?
    7xx to 8xx rwhp

Pulley and tune

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Tri, nitrous works great at cooling.

Dynamicflowconcepts.net

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Wife and I found these two on the highway yesterday - Hennessessey Camaro and a nice Lambo. Good bit of traffic and neither one would mess with the Whale...

7xx to 8xx rwhp

Pulley and tune

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Guess I'll take the rebuilt engine for an oil change...
    Lame.

I personally would love a new Viper T/A or a Porsche gt3. Since both of those are double the MSRP that of my Wagon, I can keep dreaming and still enjoy the practicality of the Caddy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Please enjoy my personal testing of common performance modifications, and as always: your mileage may vary!

Comparison Threads:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Burnout King
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    My next daily will be a Porsche 911 turbo S cabriolet (I hope). Such an awesome car and I would drive that bitch 365 with snow tires for the Michigan Winters!
    Hidden Content

CTS-V

Best 60ft 1.57
    Best ET 10.77
    Best MPH 127.60

BURNOUT KING! Hidden Content !

2011 Sedan Black - CAI, Ported TB, Snout and Blower, upper and lower pulley, cam, dual springs with titanium retainers, injectors, thermostat, heat exchanger, kooks headers and xpipe, engine and tranny tune. 631 rwhp. SOLD

2002 Porsche 911 turbo - 640 rwhp Cannonball Run great read! Hidden Content SOLD

1965 Shelby Cobra (Superformance)

2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat 707hp, 10.89 @ 125.70 mph with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty!
    MASSIVE BURNOUT! Hidden Content

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Well, at least if you get the Tesla you can solve one of the biggest car debates of all time: headers definitely won't make it faster....
    t.j.t, Fireguy, neuronbob and 1 others like this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    tri, why not save some chedder. buy a grocery getter for DD duty and buy a 10-13 ZR-1. Finding heavily modded ones 50-60K, spend a few grand after doing a C7 interior swap and boom 1.1K hp with a small shot.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Funny I see your thread, TT. I've got the week off and I'm thinking of test-driving a few side chicks, myself. I'm going to check out the Tesla Model S this week, for shits and giggles.

Since I procured a '99 NSX a year ago, though (the reason I haven't hung out here as much as usual lately, I'm modding it up!), my main ladies are not going anywhere just yet. NSX and CTS-V wagon in the garage are job well done, I think.

Cavs, 2016 NBA CHAMPS! The drought is over...
    Delivered 12/13/2012: 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Opulent Blue/Ebony 6MT/Ultraview/Satin Graphite wheels/yellow calipers/Stainless Works catback exhaust/KPE-Airaid intake
    Retired: 2009 CTS-V Sedan, Radiant Silver/Ebony auto/nav/Ultraview
    --My videos: Hidden Content ...Hidden Content ...Hidden Content ... Hidden Content

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links