Alright guys, go easy on me, I bought a Hellcat!
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Alright guys, go easy on me, I bought a Hellcat!

2017 Charger Hellcat
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

Alright guys, go easy on me, I bought a Hellcat!

After four wonderful years owning a V I decided it was time to move on. It was a hard decision because up until this point the V was the best car I've ever owned and it will be missed. Driving around in a 10 second car on a daily basis, running errands, going out to dinner or whatever is pretty bad ass. Under normal driving conditions the car drove like it was still stock. In September I sold the V locally to a very happy owner and for the past 2-1/2 months I've been driving a 1996 Toyota Corolla. lol

Around the same time I was selling the car I started looking for a replacement. I looked briefly at a 2016 V but didn't want to spend close to 100K for it. A Hellcat quickly came to mind so I started making calls and every dealer I called in the area(Tri-State) wanted a minimum of $5,000 over msrp for a 2016. Fucking crooks! So, I turned to my brother who was a Mercedes car salesman for over 20 years. He put me in touch with someone he knew at Dodge. After a phone call and a dealership meeting we agreed on a price of $1,000 over invoice for a 2017 Charger Hellcat.

After 2 months of waiting, this beauty showed up last week.

The Cat is very fast. Well, anything is going to be fast after 2+ months in a Corolla. lol

The 8 speed auto in this thing is absolutely nuts. The trans is always in the right gear and the shifts are incredibly quick as are the paddle shifters response time. I love how you can customize the vehicles performance on the fly. Launch control, G-force meter, shift light, etc very cool stuff from Dodge. I wish it had a Hud though. Apple Carplay is a nice touch too. It basically mirrors your iPhone on the vehicle screen. The Laguna leather seats are very soft and comfortable but the dash is a little plain. I feel Dodge could have done something a little more special for the Hellcat. Also, the cars 275/40/20 tire is not going to cut it. A 305 drag tire is desperately needed for any kind of traction. Overall I'm very happy which is saying a lot because I really loved the Caddy.

Some pictures of the Performance Pages

Here is a stock cold start video
    Last edited by PetroCTS-V; 01-04-2017 at 01:45 PM.
    x96535 likes this.
    2017 Redline Red Charger Hellcat - Stock

2012 Crystal Red Sedan - 6AT - SOLD

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley with ported snout/throttlebody, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors, 160 thermostat, Tune by Tune Time Performance

Stage 2 Mods:
    - 9.1 Lower Pulley, American Racing 1-7/8" Headers w/X-pipe & Resonators, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, ZL1 Lid, Norcal Tank, Tune by Tune Time Performance

Stage 3 Mods:
    - Tune Time LSA Ported/Polished Heads, Nick Williams 102mm Throttle Body, G Force 4.5 Intake, Ported snout(102mm), 8.6 Lower Pulley, Tune by Tune Time Performance

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.38 @ 134.20 - STAGE 3

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Congrats!!!! Still surprised they get dealer mark ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I love it, it will be my V's replacement since I need a useable back seat and don't want to drop 90k+ on a car. I think they are beautiful and the power plant is impressive for what I would use it for. Congrats!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Man the v guys are dropping like flies!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Nice looking charger.
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*

2017 Charger Hellcat
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    Congrats!!!! Still surprised they get dealer mark ups.

Thanks.

They called it a northeast dealer mark up. One of the joys of living in the tri-state area.

Quote Originally Posted by blubyu View Post
    I love it, it will be my V's replacement since I need a useable back seat and don't want to drop 90k+ on a car. I think they are beautiful and the power plant is impressive for what I would use it for. Congrats!
    Thank you.

You will love it. I've only had it for a week and it just keeps getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by m13s View Post
    I noticed that to.

Quote Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post
    Nice looking charger.
    Thank you.

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley with ported snout/throttlebody, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors, 160 thermostat, Tune by Tune Time Performance

Stage 2 Mods:
    - 9.1 Lower Pulley, American Racing 1-7/8" Headers w/X-pipe & Resonators, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, ZL1 Lid, Norcal Tank, Tune by Tune Time Performance

Stage 3 Mods:
    - Tune Time LSA Ported/Polished Heads, Nick Williams 102mm Throttle Body, G Force 4.5 Intake, Ported snout(102mm), 8.6 Lower Pulley, Tune by Tune Time Performance

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.38 @ 134.20 - STAGE 3

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Very nice, I was close to picking one up over the summer, just couldn't make the $ works.
    Also really wanted a manual but we need something everyone can drive ATM
    But I am coming around to an auto for a daily driver. The 8 speed in the vsport is pretty good.
    I live in the Chicagoland area and traffic during the week from 5:00 a.m-11a.m then from 3 p.m.-8 p.m. is just brutal.
    Still a Charger with a manual would be amazing...
    Currently driving my wife crazy
    Sold: 2010 CTS-V M6 Sedan blk/blk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Need more info on the bad ass Corolla please.

Nice car and congrats!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Congrats man. At least you didn't replace the V with a 96 corolla. Enjoy it!

2017 Charger Hellcat
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by translux View Post
    Very nice, I was close to picking one up over the summer, just couldn't make the $ works.
    Also really wanted a manual but we need something everyone can drive ATM
    But I am coming around to an auto for a daily driver. The 8 speed in the vsport is pretty good.
    I live in the Chicagoland area and traffic during the week from 5:00 a.m-11a.m then from 3 p.m.-8 p.m. is just brutal.
    Still a Charger with a manual would be amazing...
    Thanks.

Automatics have gotten so good and fast that I haven't even considered a manual in years. Plus I'll be taking it to drag strip and the autos are faster in the 1/4 mile. Someone with a Challenger Hellcat(auto) just ran 10.97 @ 128 bone stock at Cecil today. On stock tires too.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTXV View Post
    Need more info on the bad ass Corolla please.

Nice car and congrats!
    Thanks.

The Corolla was my late fathers vehicle, so it has some sentimental value. 29,000+ miles in 20 years. I use it to get around when I don't want to deal with mall parking lots or other possible vehicle damage scenarios. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mprtetr View Post
    Congrats man. At least you didn't replace the V with a 96 corolla. Enjoy it!
    Thank you.

Well for 2+ months it was me and the Corolla's 105 horsepower motor. I felt lost. lol

Stage 1 Mods:

Stage 2 Mods:

Stage 3 Mods:

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.38 @ 134.20 - STAGE 3

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Dodge's build quality still isnt up to par in my opinion. The motors are great but the rest of the car will fall apart around you.

Congrats on the purchase.
    2012 WDC - 2.5 upper, ID850s, 90mm TB, DMS FF sensor, Airaid, C&R HX, Varimax, SW headers, catted midpipe, Corsa axle back, 20x9 & 20x11 Rohanna RC10s 255/295 MPSS 534/505 on gas 586/548 on E50

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Gotta say - not sure why any decent car forum guys would get upset that you bought a nice, new, fast car!

Every time I drive my wife's Audi with the ZF 8 speed (basically the same one in the Cat), I get transmission envy! I know the HC version is somewhat different, but the qualities like shift speed and having such a wide range of gears available and so on are all similar. It's one of the few reasons I would seriously consider the Hellcat or a V3. I'm not bent out of shape about the older electronic gadgets or engine power. But the transmission is something that you just can't upgrade in the way you can bolt-on more power.

Anyway - lots to like with the HC...enjoy!
    2014 OBM/Titanium CTS-V Wagon "The Blue Whale"
    Auto, All Options, the bottom end is still stock...
    Power Hood, Forgelines, Black Moon rocker blades, fancy tires
    Other custom touches here and there...
    <800whp

2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Black leather interior, 8 Spd ZF Auto, all options
    APR Pulley and Tune
    21" forged RS6 wheels /Super Sport 285's all around / Lowered on KW's

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Good looking car, I've considered moving to one myself...more than like won't though. Bright orange seat belts? What kind of BS is that?
    2010 A6 Sedan - Corsa Sport Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body and an Airaid, plus a pile of stuff in the garage waiting to go on.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Excellent choice! the baddest sedan that ever was in this here U S of A !

My buddy just bought a Challenger Hellcat the power didn't surprise me, what did was how comfy and livable the thing seemed. great cruiser. is charger same?

2017 Charger Hellcat
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 07xln View Post
    Dodge's build quality still isnt up to par in my opinion. The motors are great but the rest of the car will fall apart around you.

Thanks. Hopefully it stays together long enough until it's time to move on to a new toy. For me, that's usually every 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TriTexan View Post
    Gotta say - not sure why any decent car forum guys would get upset that you bought a nice, new, fast car!

Every time I drive my wife's Audi with the ZF 8 speed (basically the same one in the Cat), I get transmission envy! I know the HC version is somewhat different, but the qualities like shift speed and having such a wide range of gears available and so on are all similar. It's one of the few reasons I would seriously consider the Hellcat or a V3. I'm not bent out of shape about the older electronic gadgets or engine power. But the transmission is something that you just can't upgrade in the way you can bolt-on more power.

Anyway - lots to like with the HC...enjoy!
    Thank you. The transmission is absolutely phenomenal. I read about how good it was but until you drive the car and feel it for yourself it's hard to imagine being this good.

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyPSD View Post
    Good looking car, I've considered moving to one myself...more than like won't though. Bright orange seat belts? What kind of BS is that?
    Thank you.

Actually the seat belts are red, it's a vehicle option. It must be the camera and/or the lighting causing the color shift.

Quote Originally Posted by thundergreybeard View Post
    Excellent choice! the baddest sedan that ever was in this here U S of A !

My buddy just bought a Challenger Hellcat the power didn't surprise me, what did was how comfy and livable the thing seemed. great cruiser. is charger same?
    Thanks.

Yes, it is very comfy, surprisingly so. The seats are much more comfortable than the Recaro seats in my V.

Stage 1 Mods:

Stage 2 Mods:

Stage 3 Mods:

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.38 @ 134.20 - STAGE 3

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroCTS-V View Post
    The seats are much more comfortable than the Recaro seats in my V.
    Great looking car. Love the color.

What is the back seat room like in comparison to the sedan???
    2014 Black Diamond Wagon, M6, Stage IV baby seat mod.

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CRT Wagon

Hidden Content

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    The color name for the belts is FED EX orange. Same material fed ex trucks use.

679RWHP 662RWTQ
    BMF cam
    Ported SC/Snout/90TB
    Kooks LT w/cats stock muffs
    ID850's
    IW 9.1/2.55
    Airaid w/green filter
    Katech+W4M HX ZR1 pump
    Norcal ice tank

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    That is a beautiful car - congrats and enjoy it.

Steve
    Greatings from Bradley Beach NJ
    "Caitlyn" is a 2012 Tri Coat White CTS-V 539/538 to the wheels (122.7mph 4,450lbs with stock Tires, Nasty Bitch with Balls!)
    Airaid, 2.55 upper, 850 IDC, tuned
    [
    Her brother is a 2004 GTO Black, A4, (aka the Black Demon) 100% numbers matching car - I used the same credit card for every part - ha
    PB 1.538, 11.352 @ 119.16, DA -2,340 @ 3,960 lbs

2017 Charger Hellcat
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Botch316 View Post
    Great looking car. Love the color.

What is the back seat room like in comparison to the sedan???
    Thanks.

It's roomier than my V2. Heated back seats too.

Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    The color name for the belts is FED EX orange. Same material fed ex trucks use.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by rushhour View Post
    That is a beautiful car - congrats and enjoy it.

Steve

Thank you.

Stage 1 Mods:

Stage 2 Mods:

Stage 3 Mods:

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.38 @ 134.20 - STAGE 3

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by m13s View Post
    Mistakes that I think GM made.

1) Car jumps from $75K to $95K
    2) No manual
    3) No coupe
    4) Larger car, less of a track weapon although VIR times did come down

Guys like me that only need 2 seats jump to a Z06, run 10.50's with CAI and drag radials and hammer a road course. Others move to Hellcat's and for $65K have 707hp and with pulley and tune have over 825hp easy.

Beautiful car and color choice btw.
    Last edited by cvp33; 12-04-2016 at 12:04 PM.
    translux and Grandpa'scar like this.
    REDLINE

2016 Corvette Z06 3LZ
    Callaway SC757
    "I lived my life by one motto.......mottos are for losers" cvp33

Burnout King
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 07xln View Post

2 years and 25,000 miles and not so much as a squeak.
    Hidden Content

CTS-V

Best 60ft 1.57
    Best ET 10.77
    Best MPH 127.60

BURNOUT KING! Hidden Content !

2011 Sedan Black - CAI, Ported TB, Snout and Blower, upper and lower pulley, cam, dual springs with titanium retainers, injectors, thermostat, heat exchanger, kooks headers and xpipe, engine and tranny tune. 631 rwhp. SOLD

2002 Porsche 911 turbo - 640 rwhp Cannonball Run great read! Hidden Content SOLD

1965 Shelby Cobra (Superformance)

2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat 707hp, 10.89 @ 125.70 mph with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty!
    MASSIVE BURNOUT! Hidden Content

Burnout King
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Congrats on the purchase. As stated above I have had mine for 2 years and 25,000 miles and absolutely love it. It is a very comfortable daily driver but runs 10's stock with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. You will want Nitto 555R 305 drag radials. I ran them Summer before last as my daily, went to the track aired them down ran a 10.8 at 127, aired them up and drove home.

Awesome!
    Hidden Content

CTS-V

Best 60ft 1.57
    Best ET 10.77
    Best MPH 127.60

2011 Sedan Black - CAI, Ported TB, Snout and Blower, upper and lower pulley, cam, dual springs with titanium retainers, injectors, thermostat, heat exchanger, kooks headers and xpipe, engine and tranny tune. 631 rwhp. SOLD

2002 Porsche 911 turbo - 640 rwhp Cannonball Run great read! Hidden Content SOLD

2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat 707hp, 10.89 @ 125.70 mph with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty!

Burnout King
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cvp33 View Post
    Mistakes that I think GM made.

1) Car jumps from $75K to $95K
    2) No manual
    3) No coupe
    4) Larger car, less of a track weapon although VIR times did come down

Guys like me that only need 2 seats jump to a Z06, run 10.50's with CAI and drag radials and hammer a road course. Others move to Hellcat's and for $65K have 707hp and with pulley and tune have over 825hp easy.

Beautiful car and color choice btw.
    I agree they priced themselves out of a big pool of buyers. I would have to spend $30,000 more for the V3 vs my Hellcat.
    Hidden Content

CTS-V

Best 60ft 1.57
    Best ET 10.77
    Best MPH 127.60

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Not going to lie - if not euro, the only domestic I would flip would be the same. Four doors, roomy, and can hold it's own. Well done.
    Must. Resist. The darkside of the CTSVowners forum members with cool mods. Shopping for SPF 40 mod bug repellent.
    '13 Diamond White Stabbin' Wagon | Auto | titanium guts | baldy roof | gloss black 3m vinyl roof | brushed black 3m vinyl wrapped chrome trim | Xpel Ultimate | KPE axle back and carbon fibre splitter | Airaid | Eibach Pro Kit | LED's errwhere | Shoes: 20" TSW Bathurst custom powdercoated wrapped in Hankook V12 | If you're in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area be sure to check us out at Sucka Free AZ CTSV group on FB.

Hidden Content

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Congratulations on that beast! I like them a lot. Test drove a scat pack Challenger just for shits and giggles one day as I knew I would not want one. It was a 6MT and was fun to do a 30 yard slooowww standing burnout in hahaha. I can imagine a Charger with 707HP is an incredibly fun machine.

I am one of the guys that is not a fan of the ZF 8 speed. I test drove a Jaguar F Type R, which I was considering before I found the Vagon unicorn. The ZF while it is quick it just doesnt feel as sporty as I like. I actually prefer the feel of a DCT or a true sequential gearbox. Something about the ZF even in performance versions still has a slight delay that I notice. I did an event for my job that included test driving a 2016 Maserati Quattroporte GTS with the ZF and I had the same experience. Maybe Ill have to give one another chance. My C63 MCT 7 speed had a slight delay but even that thing felt more sports tuned then any ZF8 I have driven.

I wonder if they really did it better on the Hellcat just because of the crazy HP#.

Anyway, enough of my ZF hate lol. Enjoy that beast. I sure as hell would!!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    My buddy picked one up the same time I got my V last year. Other than a rear diff replacement under warranty, he has racked up 25,000 miles without a squeak or rattle. The 8-speed is indeed night and day better than the 6 in the V. Always in the right gear, plenty of driving modes, (including Eco mode, which my friend insists must fire off an email to Dodge that he is being a wuss every time it is engaged), and quick, crisp shifts make it downright phenomenal.

Handling could be a bit better, and it is a heavy sedan, but being able to rotate the tires is a plus! I think you will love it!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    GM has an answer....its just a 2 door. My 2016 Z06 3LZ 7speed was marked down from $93,300 to $74,400. It's a lot of car for $74K and very capable in everything a car should do. But only has 2 seat, if you need 4 you needn't go far. The new ZL1 with 650/650 will be a beast as well and only $62K.

Short of those options you owe it to yourself to drive one of the Hellcat's. If you don't want to road race then it's hard to argue with 707hp for $65K. My buddy bought a Hellcat charger and with some minor cooling enhancements, pulley, tune and injectors is safely at 800+rwhp.
    REDLINE

2016 Corvette Z06 3LZ
    Callaway SC757
    "I lived my life by one motto.......mottos are for losers" cvp33

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cvp33 View Post
    GM has an answer....its just a 2 door. My 2016 Z06 3LZ 7speed was marked down from $93,300 to $74,400. It's a lot of car for $74K and very capable in everything a car should do. But only has 2 seat, if you need 4 you needn't go far. The new ZL1 with 650/650 will be a beast as well and only $62K.

Short of those options you owe it to yourself to drive one of the Hellcat's. If you don't want to road race then it's hard to argue with 707hp for $65K. My buddy bought a Hellcat charger and with some minor cooling enhancements, pulley, tune and injectors is safely at 800+rwhp.
    Hell of a deal you got there DAMN!!!

Although its crazy how they drop the prices on those Z06. Buddy of mine got a red on red Z06 3LZ package with Z07 package and carbon ceramics. He got it for $88k. Supposedly over 100k car.

Burnout King
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ENV MN View Post
    Congratulations on that beast! I like them a lot. Test drove a scat pack Challenger just for shits and giggles one day as I knew I would not want one. It was a 6MT and was fun to do a 30 yard slooowww standing burnout in hahaha. I can imagine a Charger with 707HP is an incredibly fun machine.

I am one of the guys that is not a fan of the ZF 8 speed. I test drove a Jaguar F Type R, which I was considering before I found the Vagon unicorn. The ZF while it is quick it just doesnt feel as sporty as I like. I actually prefer the feel of a DCT or a true sequential gearbox. Something about the ZF even in performance versions still has a slight delay that I notice. I did an event for my job that included test driving a 2016 Maserati Quattroporte GTS with the ZF and I had the same experience. Maybe Ill have to give one another chance. My C63 MCT 7 speed had a slight delay but even that thing felt more sports tuned then any ZF8 I have driven.

I wonder if they really did it better on the Hellcat just because of the crazy HP#.

Anyway, enough of my ZF hate lol. Enjoy that beast. I sure as hell would!!!!
    You may want to try the Hellcat version there is zero delay on shifts.
    Hidden Content

CTS-V

Best 60ft 1.57
    Best ET 10.77
    Best MPH 127.60

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
    You may want to try the Hellcat version there is zero delay on shifts.
    Would love to,dont have a friend with a Hellcat haha.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links