Alright guys, go easy on me, I bought a Hellcat! - Page 2
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Alright guys, go easy on me, I bought a Hellcat!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
    2 years and 25,000 miles and not so much as a squeak.

I tend to think a little longer in an automobiles life span when talking about quality. While I think Dodge is down the list in terms of quality I think they'll last a little bit longer than 2yrs 25k mikes. Get back to me at 4yrs 50k miles and lets see how many squeaks you got. Of course that is if you keep it that long. I don't see these cars being long term 1 owner cars. Historically these types of cars don't ever see high mileage with a single owner. The V is the same way. Also you got the new GT 500 coming out rumored to have more power than the Cat and the ZR1 that will most definitely have more power. The Cat will be old news next year and they'll be darn good bargains in the used car market because Hellcat owners will jump ship to have the latest and greatest.

OP again congrats on the purchase as I'm sure you'll love the car. Who wouldn't be happy with that much power. I've spent a small fortune modding my car and all stock you'd still put a hurting on me. I'm just still not convinced the Hellcat isn't anything more than a giant motor.

2017 Charger Hellcat
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Congrats on the purchase. As stated above I have had mine for 2 years and 25,000 miles and absolutely love it. It is a very comfortable daily driver but runs 10's stock with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. You will want Nitto 555R 305 drag radials. I ran them Summer before last as my daily, went to the track aired them down ran a 10.8 at 127, aired them up and drove home.

Awesome!
    Thank you. A drag radial is definitely on the list for spring time.

Quote Originally Posted by ENV MN View Post
    Congratulations on that beast! I like them a lot. Test drove a scat pack Challenger just for shits and giggles one day as I knew I would not want one. It was a 6MT and was fun to do a 30 yard slooowww standing burnout in hahaha. I can imagine a Charger with 707HP is an incredibly fun machine.

I am one of the guys that is not a fan of the ZF 8 speed. I test drove a Jaguar F Type R, which I was considering before I found the Vagon unicorn. The ZF while it is quick it just doesnt feel as sporty as I like. I actually prefer the feel of a DCT or a true sequential gearbox. Something about the ZF even in performance versions still has a slight delay that I notice. I did an event for my job that included test driving a 2016 Maserati Quattroporte GTS with the ZF and I had the same experience. Maybe Ill have to give one another chance. My C63 MCT 7 speed had a slight delay but even that thing felt more sports tuned then any ZF8 I have driven.

I wonder if they really did it better on the Hellcat just because of the crazy HP#.

Anyway, enough of my ZF hate lol. Enjoy that beast. I sure as hell would!!!!
    Thanks. This is my first experience with the ZF transmission and I must say I'm impressed. Coming from the auto in the V it's a night and day difference.

Quote Originally Posted by GalgoMoto View Post
    My buddy picked one up the same time I got my V last year. Other than a rear diff replacement under warranty, he has racked up 25,000 miles without a squeak or rattle. The 8-speed is indeed night and day better than the 6 in the V. Always in the right gear, plenty of driving modes, (including Eco mode, which my friend insists must fire off an email to Dodge that he is being a wuss every time it is engaged), and quick, crisp shifts make it downright phenomenal.

Handling could be a bit better, and it is a heavy sedan, but being able to rotate the tires is a plus! I think you will love it!
    The cat is a beast and a blast to drive but it is heavy. It handles better than I thought for such a big car. It's not going to break any lap time records though. lol I bought it for straight line(1/4 mile) acceleration but the aftermarket offers plenty of suspension upgrades to help with handling.

Quote Originally Posted by 07xln View Post
    ��

I tend to think a little longer in an automobiles life span when talking about quality. While I think Dodge is down the list in terms of quality I think they'll last a little bit longer than 2yrs 25k mikes. Get back to me at 4yrs 50k miles and lets see how many squeaks you got. Of course that is if you keep it that long. I don't see these cars being long term 1 owner cars. Historically these types of cars don't ever see high mileage with a single owner. The V is the same way. Also you got the new GT 500 coming out rumored to have more power than the Cat and the ZR1 that will most definitely have more power. The Cat will be old news next year and they'll be darn good bargains in the used car market because Hellcat owners will jump ship to have the latest and greatest.

OP again congrats on the purchase as I'm sure you'll love the car. Who wouldn't be happy with that much power. I've spent a small fortune modding my car and all stock you'd still put a hurting on me. I'm just still not convinced the Hellcat isn't anything more than a giant motor.
    Thank you. My Hellcat will never see 50K miles before it's time to get into a new vehicle.

My last three vehicles were all pretty similar as far as giant ass motors in regular cars.

- 2010 Mercedes Benz C63(11.2 @ 125)
    - 2012 Cadillac CTS-V(10.3 @ 134)
    - 2017 Dodge Charger Hellcat(TBD)
    2017 Redline Red Charger Hellcat - Stock

2012 Crystal Red Sedan - 6AT - SOLD

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley with ported snout/throttlebody, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors, 160 thermostat, Tune by Tune Time Performance

Stage 2 Mods:
    - 9.1 Lower Pulley, American Racing 1-7/8" Headers w/X-pipe & Resonators, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, ZL1 Lid, Norcal Tank, Tune by Tune Time Performance

Stage 3 Mods:
    - Tune Time LSA Ported/Polished Heads, Nick Williams 102mm Throttle Body, G Force 4.5 Intake, Ported snout(102mm), 8.6 Lower Pulley, Tune by Tune Time Performance

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.38 @ 134.20 - STAGE 3

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroCTS-V View Post
    Thank you. A drag radial is definitely on the list for spring time.

Thanks. This is my first experience with the ZF transmission and I must say I'm impressed. Coming from the auto in the V it's a night and day difference.

The cat is a beast and a blast to drive but it is heavy. It handles better than I thought for such a big car. It's not going to break any lap time records though. lol I bought it for straight line(1/4 mile) acceleration but the aftermarket offers plenty of suspension upgrades to help with handling.

Thank you. My Hellcat will never see 50K miles before it's time to get into a new vehicle.

My last three vehicles were all pretty similar as far as giant ass motors in regular cars.

- 2010 Mercedes Benz C63(11.2 @ 125)
    - 2012 Cadillac CTS-V(10.3 @ 134)
    - 2017 Dodge Charger Hellcat(TBD)
    Hahaha im coming from a 2012 c63 p31 with tune into my 2012 Vagon 6mt. Who knows whats next for me. If I have to be honest im thinking gt350 is high on the list for my next car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2012 CTS-V 6MT VAGON "Beauty" - Corsa Sport Exhaust and otherwise stock... for now.
    2012 C63 AMG Sedan - Every option (P31 and lighting package)/Eurocharged tune/and much more - SOLD
    2011 Audi S4 6MT - Highly modified - SOLD

Owner: Momentum Nutrition LLC
    @OfficialMomentumNutrition
    @E.N.V

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    bad ass good luck with it!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Congrats Mike!
    '14 radical sliver, atomic, no woof, fuzzy wheel 'n knob, nicer chairs with 1 door on each side.

2017 Charger Hellcat
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPDNBY View Post
    Congrats Mike!
    Thanks John.

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley with ported snout/throttlebody, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors, 160 thermostat, Tune by Tune Time Performance

Stage 2 Mods:
    - 9.1 Lower Pulley, American Racing 1-7/8" Headers w/X-pipe & Resonators, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, ZL1 Lid, Norcal Tank, Tune by Tune Time Performance

Stage 3 Mods:
    - Tune Time LSA Ported/Polished Heads, Nick Williams 102mm Throttle Body, G Force 4.5 Intake, Ported snout(102mm), 8.6 Lower Pulley, Tune by Tune Time Performance

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.38 @ 134.20 - STAGE 3

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I'm a newb. I've owned a V wagon a short while and the auto trans seems lost and sloppy quite often. Is this ... Last year's news?

Seems like the cars weakest link

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by thundergreybeard View Post
    I'm a newb. I've owned a V wagon a short while and the auto trans seems lost and sloppy quite often. Is this ... Last year's news?

Seems like the cars weakest link
    Needs a tune.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
    Sales@dynamicflowconcepts.net
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Nice Mike! Have fun with it and let us know the mod list!
    '12 WD non-wagon

7.5" Pistons and Intaker
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Congrats, OP! Beautiful car and a ton of fun for a daily!

Quote Originally Posted by blubyu View Post
    I love it, it will be my V's replacement since I need a useable back seat and don't want to drop 90k+ on a car. I think they are beautiful and the power plant is impressive for what I would use it for. Congrats!
    Mods/Power List: Get on it... Hidden Content

2009 Silver CTS-V Sedan: 660 RWHP, 650 RWTQ (MAR 2013 VOTM) - Sold
    2011 Black CTS-V Sedan: 700 RWHP, 690 RWTQ (AUG 2014 VOTM)
    2013 Grigio Telesto CTS-V Sedan: 784 RWHP, 753 RWTQ (APR 2016 VOTM) - Sold

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Can't wait to see what you do with it, Congrats! Hopefully see it at tune time

2017 Charger Hellcat
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelteredV View Post
    Nice Mike! Have fun with it and let us know the mod list!
    Thanks buddy.

Probably an upper pulley, cold air intake, tune, 3.09 rear, DSS driveshaft and drag radials for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by x96535 View Post
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ntailor View Post
    Can't wait to see what you do with it, Congrats! Hopefully see it at tune time
    Thanks. It will definitely be at Tune Time. They just did a Challenger Hellcat(pulley & tune) that went 10.0

Stage 1 Mods:

Stage 2 Mods:

Stage 3 Mods:

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.38 @ 134.20 - STAGE 3

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by x96535 View Post

Ugh and white but I don't want to get too carried away with my DD again. Heck of a bargain these cars are IMO if you aren't much for racing family boats on a road course.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    everyone getting thanks except me, this is bad for my confidence

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    it could be bad, or not....
    '12 WD non-wagon

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Congrats. Always been a pretty hardcore GM guy, but Dodge definitely stepped up with the SRT's in the mid-2000's, and now the Hellkitties. I had an 06 300C SRT years back, great overall car. Nice and comfy, even for a bigger dude like me, but power to whoop the ricer's ass next to you on the freeway.

With the bang for the buck, it's easy to see why people are jumping off the GM bandwagon nowadays. 100k CTS-V, 100k Escalade... Well, I wont be buying either of those anytime soon.
    Radiant Silver 2009 Sedan

2017 Charger Hellcat
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy 92 RS View Post
    Congrats. Always been a pretty hardcore GM guy, but Dodge definitely stepped up with the SRT's in the mid-2000's, and now the Hellkitties. I had an 06 300C SRT years back, great overall car. Nice and comfy, even for a bigger dude like me, but power to whoop the ricer's ass next to you on the freeway.

With the bang for the buck, it's easy to see why people are jumping off the GM bandwagon nowadays. 100k CTS-V, 100k Escalade... Well, I wont be buying either of those anytime soon.
    Thanks.

Precisely why I went with the Hellcat.

Stage 1 Mods:

Stage 2 Mods:

Stage 3 Mods:

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.38 @ 134.20 - STAGE 3

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    Needs a tune.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
    Sales@dynamicflowconcepts.net
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    you're saying it's common, a V auto trans usually needs this?

PC load letter!?!?
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Never been a Mopar guy but its kind of hard to beat that package for the cost if you want a warranty.
    s.w.a.g.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by thundergreybeard View Post
    you're saying it's common, a V auto trans usually needs this?
    Yes. I would almost compare it to needing a shift kit back in the day on the old cable driven transmissions, if you wanted smoother, firmer shifts.

These newer cars are the same way, but the shift points, and line pressure can be adjusted in the tune to make the driveability that much better. It literally can almost make it feel like a different car.
    Radiant Silver 2009 Sedan

Burnout King
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I'm sure you have already found hellcat.org but that's probably the best forum for these cars.
    Hidden Content

CTS-V

Best 60ft 1.57
    Best ET 10.77
    Best MPH 127.60

BURNOUT KING! Hidden Content !

2011 Sedan Black - CAI, Ported TB, Snout and Blower, upper and lower pulley, cam, dual springs with titanium retainers, injectors, thermostat, heat exchanger, kooks headers and xpipe, engine and tranny tune. 631 rwhp. SOLD

2002 Porsche 911 turbo - 640 rwhp Cannonball Run great read! Hidden Content SOLD

1965 Shelby Cobra (Superformance)

2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat 707hp, 10.89 @ 125.70 mph with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty!
    MASSIVE BURNOUT! Hidden Content

2017 Charger Hellcat
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I'm sure you have already found hellcat.org but that's probably the best forum for these cars.
    Yes I have. Thanks.

I'm PetroHellcat on there.

Stage 1 Mods:

Stage 2 Mods:

Stage 3 Mods:

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.38 @ 134.20 - STAGE 3

I need about tree fiddy.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    That is a nice looking Hellcat...I think Chargers and Ferraris are the only cars I think red looks good on. I have only got to sit in them, never driven on. But I will stay I was impressed with how much better Dodge is doing with their interiors. It makes me feel good that the Big 3 are at least trying to improve the space of the car you, as the owner, see the most of. I think the V, Corvettes, and Mopars are the best examples of this.

Enjoy the car.
    I drive a Hybrid...it gave me a mangina.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Congrats on the purchase. One of these might be in my future as I don't see myself dropping 100k on the new V. Enjoy!

2017 Charger Hellcat
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by CTx-V View Post
    That is a nice looking Hellcat...I think Chargers and Ferraris are the only cars I think red looks good on. I have only got to sit in them, never driven on. But I will stay I was impressed with how much better Dodge is doing with their interiors. It makes me feel good that the Big 3 are at least trying to improve the space of the car you, as the owner, see the most of. I think the V, Corvettes, and Mopars are the best examples of this.

Enjoy the car.
    Thank you.

I like the interior, it is better than I expected but it will never be mistaken for a German interior. But for me it is more than adequate. The Laguna leather is really soft and comfortable. The Uconnect system works really well and is better than any system I've ever used. The best part though is the car is an absolute blast to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by achan27 View Post
    Congrats on the purchase. One of these might be in my future as I don't see myself dropping 100k on the new V. Enjoy!
    Thank you.

I didn't want to drop 100K on a V3 either.

Stage 1 Mods:

Stage 2 Mods:

Stage 3 Mods:

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.38 @ 134.20 - STAGE 3

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Keep us updated with your likes and dislikes in comparison with the V2. I have a feeling a HC Charger will be my next daily when the Wagon loses its appeal to me which might not even last another year. I get bored to easily.

2017 Charger Hellcat
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by blubyu View Post
    Keep us updated with your likes and dislikes in comparison with the V2. I have a feeling a HC Charger will be my next daily when the Wagon loses its appeal to me which might not even last another year. I get bored to easily.
    Will do.

I'm loving it so far. Much more comfortable than I thought.

Stage 1 Mods:

Stage 2 Mods:

Stage 3 Mods:

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.38 @ 134.20 - STAGE 3

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Huge fan of those cars! Friend has one, it's the only car I would sell my V for. Congrats!!
    2010 V 6MT - Thunder Gray, Recaros, Headers, Corsa Exhaust, Hennessey CAI, Velgen 20" wheels, Pilot SS tires

2006 V -Sold

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Very nice. That's also a future car for me as well, unless the V price drops dramatically.

2017 Charger Hellcat
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Thanks guys.

Stage 1 Mods:

Stage 2 Mods:

Stage 3 Mods:

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.38 @ 134.20 - STAGE 3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links