Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

My 2016 Escalade Build

50K views 130 replies 42 participants last post by  cbman18j 
#1 ·
Got the truck tonight. Premimum 2wd edition and thing lays posi pretty easy im surprised. One things for sure IT NEEDS A DROP BAD

Stock front 35.75 ground to fenderlip
Stock rear 38 7/8 ground to fenderlip. Rear needs help bad.

Since im a magnaflow dealer i decided to order the 3.5 inch cat back for the truck.
TBSSowners.com Store - 2015 UP Magnaflow 6.2 Kit (Powered by CubeCart)

I will be cutting off the 3rd waste of space cat and doing the full 3.5 inch from the y pipe back. I have to see if I can make the y pipe a 3 inch fill unit also since bottom is flattened

Rear lowering kit ordered
TBSSowners.com Store - 2015 UP GM SUV 1-4.5 Rear Adjustable Kit (Powered by CubeCart)

along with the front/rear swaybars from djm
TBSSowners.com Store - 07 Up DJM Swaybar Set (Powered by CubeCart)

and
djm rear hardware kit with bumpstops for free travel mod
TBSSowners.com Store - DJM 07 UP Rear Hardware Kit (Powered by CubeCart)

oh i forgot AFE INTAKE
TBSSowners.com Store - 2015 UP GM SUV AFE Intake (Powered by CubeCart)

Blower mod. IM looking into doing the new whipple 2.9. This unit has a 4 GALLON water tank to keep it cool
https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=180

See less See more
#2 ·
Got some of the items back from powdercoaters for suspension

ok so the outside of the eskys are all led.... except the horrible lights above the license plate

i ended up doing 2 of these
5K WHITE 6 LED HIGH POWER 360° 180LM 194 | 1 EACH - 360 - 194 - 168 - 158 LED - Shop Bulb #

Looks much better

i ended up buying front/rear energy suspension greasable swaybar endlinks. This makes it cake to grease it all and i will offer it for my ultimate cornering package for the 15 up gm suvs and yes ocd taking over i will be getting the brackets powercoated to match the bars.

got rid of the wood grain today had it all wrapped

Reactions: Stephenti
#3 ·
so worked late today but got few things done.

Truck was at 35.5 front rear comes in at 38 1/4 ground to fenderlip

Did the free tavel mod on pass side bracket cut off which gives 3 more inches of travel finish up drivers side tomm

insulators on these things are big. I just wrap heater hose on top and bottom coils on them but the oem ones give the truck a 13/16 lift

Belltech 5305 coil left vs oem spring right. Yes i had the belltech springs coated to match oem. OCD strikes again

Finished cutting the drivers bracket put the belltechs in along with the djm links. Rig rides nice and came down 4.25 inches..... but its not low enough for me Ill post up pics with the rear dropped tomorrow. Im planning to do the swaybars and front drop this weekend. I have a feeling ill be putting in my custom spring in rear and getting rid of the autoride to slam it.

26" tires came in today also.

#4 ·

3.5 inch cat back from magnaflow. I'm a dealer and I sell this set up for the new 6.2s for 995 shipped. Summit or jegs is 70 more. I will be taking the valve in the middle out since I'm getting rid of 4 cyl mode with the whipple.

Got the truck on the dyno tonight. Afe intake made 24 rwhp/21 tq over stock but that's just part of story. More power across the board and at 3700 rpms we saw a peak of 31 rwtq vs stock. I have them for 420 shipped if anyone is interested. Any questions just ask and thanks to precision auto in san bruno and my buddy jason.

Got exhaust in and woke up truck nicely. Great sound and not to loud. I have them for 995 shipped if anyone is interested. full 3.5 cat back..... oh and the tip is horrible im cutting it off. Not my style

Truck is lowered also

#5 ·
cut the 3rd cat off. Truck is a tad to loud for me at this point and with the blower will get even louder. Im going to replace the rear magnaflow resonator with the oem one since its also 3.5 but deff sounds deeper.

front swaybar is on. Deff feels better now in front.

New one up top and oem lower bar

got the 26s today. 295 30 26.

get this oem wheel/tires are 90.6 and the 26s wheels/tires are 88.6. 26s are lighter then 22s lol

#6 ·
headed to lowes for more paint to paint my rotors/calipers and control arms and sure enough found a stock esky there. My autoride link i shortened so got the back more today and lowering front more next week.

Took out the oem swaybar and here is the custom bar im working on into getting into production. Also installed the energy suspension greaseable swaybar bushings. Also installed my custom springs

My springs vs belltechs

oem left vs 1.5 right

All set to go along with the new endlinks

i was able to paint the control arms and brakes today along with lowering it more. I put my custom springs in rear and drop mounts in front.

32.5 front ground to fenderlip and rear 33.25 ground to fenderlip. Im going to see how it all settles but going to lower the front more and rear more after i put on the 26s. I should be able to put the 26s on tomm

#7 ·
26s are on. Im going to prob ditch rear autoride to get it down more in back

Reactions: Cracing
#8 ·
Bypassed rear autoride and replaced with belltech sp shocks. Truck came down perfect. Mated with my custom 6" springs rides smoother in rear then autoride shocks did. Front 33.25 ground to fenderlip and rear 33 5/8 ground to fenderlip on 295 30 26. DONE!! NORCAL SS has the lowest kit out for all 2015 gm suvs.

#9 ·
Few pics from today

#10 ·
Swaybar was pointing up way to much and ended up getting the energy suspension endlinks. These are adjustable so also a great mod for the 08 up tbss guys here. Installed and very happy with results. Front end feels much more planted due to the endlinks and swaybar being parallel with ground

stock vs new one

Parallel with ground now

#11 ·
got the lights wrapped. Doesn't look to bad. Ill prob paint to match down the road.

#12 ·
Been doing this set up for the guys that want a little more bump without spending $$$. Replace oem filter with green filter or k&n and then do this mod. Very easy and MUCH more air coming in.

Remove stock intake box and you have this small entry for air flow

get a screwdriver and pop off the front lid

Then your left with this and you can see how much is blocked off on cover and box.

4 inch cut off wheel cut the cover but do not cut the locking tabs on it

Left with this. Ill clean it up with a dremmel

cut the box plastic and then clip the cover back on

#13 ·
shot from cars and coffee yesterday. I do like the wrapped rear lights

Reactions: BlackHawk
#24 ·
I love the wrapped tailights! I absolutely hate the factory "light sabre" tail lights on the new Escalade.
Problem fixed!
Have you considered wrapping the rest of the chrome under the rear window and around the side windows?

Great looking truck!

#14 ·
Beautiful truck man, good choices. I also dropped my 2009 Escalade using Belltech drop springs and shocks, and also put color matched 26 inch Lexani's on it. Does your truck get a service suspension light? Again, beautiful truck.

#15 ·
No I haveca 2011 that's slammed no issues. Ive been lowering the gm suvs since they came out in the mid 90s. Done tons of them and I even have my own rear custom springs since I do so many

#16 ·
The truck looks awesome Tony.

#18 ·
Makes me like them more now, the rear end is growing on me I just wish they would have also ran the blinker led section all the way up the d pillar along with the running lamp.

Can't wait to see what the whipple does.

Hope gm doesent make the rumored escalade v with the lt4, then you will be forced to trade.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#23 ·
I drove a platinum edition 2015 this weekend, very nice. It had the massage seats, not great but the wife liked them, not as good as the massagers in a jaguar sedan.

I was hitting my head on the open tailgate with it in the highest position, hate to walk under the tailgate on your lowered suspension lol.

#26 ·
Not wrapping anything else on outside I kinda like the look thr chrome gives it.

#27 ·
From the car show yesterday

#29 ·
Sweet. Now you need the 2.9 whipple and you will be set

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#32 ·
pics from the show with my z06

Reactions: MYV and Julius717
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.