Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Placing an order for a Hellcat

7K views 94 replies 41 participants last post by  MrHappy 
#1 ·
Just love this thing too much not to own one. Hope to keep the V but it might have to go.

#11 ·
I still don't like it and will never own a Chrysler product, but I will give props on the effort, Chrysler looks like they were tired of being last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JOEYCTS-V
#13 ·
I will probably end up with a V3 but until it comes out I can have some fun with the Hellcat

#5 ·
I've been a life long GM car guy but my second love is Mopars. If there's no exuberant dealer mark up for the Hellcat (which I bet it will) I'd say go for it. The V3 ain't going no anywhere plus you'll probably get a high trade in for the Hellcat if you decide the V3 is a better car.

#14 ·
Oh geez the CTS only has 65% parts content from North America and that would include Canada and Mexico. The Toyota Camry has 75%. Cars today are sourced from the world, what about the American workers who work for Honda in the US?

#10 ·
Post pics & impressions when you finally get it! Anyone hear if mopar opened their ECM to tuning? That would keep me away - the lack of tuning options (707hp, but there's always room for improvement...).

#25 ·
I may never leave, depends on what the V3 shows up with and if some things work out maybe I'll keep my V2 and buy the Hellcat.

#17 ·
What's a Hellcat?

I had a 2005 Dodge Charger that was extremely reliable. Only problem we had with the car in 75,000 miles was a self inflicted start up and then immediately stall. Towed it to the dealer who diagnosed it as a bad ignition key. Wife confessed to washing said key in a pair of pants.

#24 ·
Explain please

#32 ·
YIKES a bit harsh, as I said right above your post I may keep my current V or buy a V3. No matter what I'm not leaving the forum I have been here a long time and enjoy the company of most.:p

#30 ·
I'm just a lil bitter about it is all. I think I got caught in a death loop with a particular dealer with crappy service.

My nice guy answer would be - IF you buy a Hellcat, do NOT mod it, take very good care of it and be sure to get all of your service work documented and keep your paperwork for the guaranteed interaction you will have with the warranty department at some point. lmao.

#44 ·
Its still ugly to me..I cant stand how big they are. No lines. Yes they make a ton of power but they can't turn.

#45 ·
Well, regardless of all the negative and/ or positive comments, I say good for you. I have always thought that a new Challenger with mini tubs would look sick as hell(cat)! Keep us posted. I hope someone picks the lock on the tuning before you get one, even 707 won't be enough after a while. Good luck man!

#47 · (Edited)
A lot of misinformation in Grandpa's post, but a lot of correct info to. As for bitter, you sound like me after my two lemon V1's....6 rear diffs, 3 transmissions, 2 radiators, 3 NAV systems, more recalls than I could count. That's how I found myself in an SRT8. Parts are definitely not cheap compared to GM and Ford though. As for gas mileage remember that the car has a black key and a red key so you can dial the power back to under 500hp. You can also program the car to short shift, start in second gear and it has 8 gears. All will help this car hit some better than expected EPA numbers.

I'm following the information IV drip from SRT but some early indications regarding the hellcat on a road course are not good. I was hoping that SRT had sprinkled some pixie dust on the suspension but it appears it's not going to handle any better than last year's model. I also am seeing where magazines are getting 12.0@118mph in the 1/4. Even my V coupe ran 12.2@120mph so something's not right. I'll reserve final judgement until I see some instrumented testing and I'm still hoping that M/T gets one of these in the Lightning Lap.

#48 ·
Trade a V for a Hellcat? NOT EVEN IF THEY FUCKING PAID ME......

#49 ·
I don't like it but I can't stand buying American cars new. Enjoy that 50% depreciation in 2 years. I see it as pissing away $15k/year on top of finance charges. I just can't ever convince myself to do it. If you can afford that then more power to you.

This is the same for all American cars, not just bashing Mopar. My V was priced twice as high as when I bought it.

Product specific, I don't really like it because it's a huge two door that barely does one thing right, go fast in a straight line. For $60k minimum. A C6Z is pretty much as fast and a nice used one is thousands cheaper. Or just lightly mod the V if you want more power. Either way you'll have a better vehicle than a Dodge. Also C7Zs will come down in price just as quickly as the C6 did so patience can really pay off.

#61 ·
I'm hoping the same thing about the C7Z as i plan on picking one up shortly after they come out!

As for the hellcat I personally like the car. I've always liked the looks of the challenger over the camaro or mustang but not over the V. The V is a corvette wrapped in more luxury and i love it! My wife would like to get a hellcat as another car and maybe in the future that'll be an option but i am concerned the cars gonna handle like shit! Anybody can put 707hp in a car but not everybody should be driving one!

#50 ·
Hope they have worked on the ride. Guy in work has the SRT8 and it handles like a new born donkey. I think you'll miss the handling capabilities of the V

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.