NEw V Wagon MT owner - FINALLY - Page 2
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: NEw V Wagon MT owner - FINALLY

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57TBird View Post
    Already on my 2nd tank of gas, LOL.
    No joke. Scroll thru the avg MPG reading. Unless they reset it, it'll give you an idea of just how much $$$ you'll need to 'reserve' for fuel. Calculate cost of miles by MPG and you'll see the price of smiling ;-D
    Hidden Content
    '14 CTS-V Wagon. 6M. Phantom Gray. Recaro.
    Alcantara. Ultraview. Satin Graphite. Yellow calipers.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quick update and lesson learned for all you used V purchasers....

2nd week with Vagon, was having a blast driving it. On I-285 in Atlanta, not really driving fast or even getting on it.... Hear a thump thump thump..... no power.
    Figured driveshaft, rear end, or both, as clutch seemed fine, power was just not going all the way back to the wheels (plus could hear/feel the driveshaft thumping).
    Towed to local dealership, they said, looks like driveshaft has been replaced, need to talk to who serviced it before we can agree its warra work or even go beyond visual inspection.
    The Previous owner (unizoomi) had shaft and rear diff replaced under warranty but it was not yet on the system, so I had to do a lot of calling around (special thanks to unizoomi for helping me, even though he really did not have to). Finally, today finally got both service managers together, so we can move forward on the repairs.

Lesson learned - get the complete service history (especially recent service) from the dealer if you buy used. Would have saved me at least a week.
    57TBird - 2014 CTSV Wagon M6
    Phantom Grey with Recaros, Ultraview
    No performance mods (yet)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Nice congrats on the purchase, I have an auto Vagon but only bc my other car is a C6Z

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quick update and lesson learned for all you used V purchasers....

2nd week with Vagon, was having a blast driving it. On I-285 in Atlanta, not really driving fast or even getting on it.... Hear a thump thump thump..... no power.
    Figured driveshaft, rear end, or both, as clutch seemed fine, power was just not going all the way back to the wheels (plus could hear/feel the driveshaft thumping).
    Towed to local dealership, they said, looks like driveshaft has been replaced, need to talk to who serviced it before we can agree its warra work or even go beyond visual inspection.
    The Previous owner (unizoomi) had shaft and rear diff replaced under warranty but it was not yet on the system, so I had to do a lot of calling around (special thanks to unizoomi for helping me, even though he really did not have to). Finally, today finally got both service managers together, so we can move forward on the repairs.

Lesson learned - get the complete service history (especially recent service) from the dealer if you buy used. Would have saved me at least a week.
    Congrats on finally getting your V2 wagon with the correct number of pedals! Sucks you had to get it repaired already but it seems it will all get sorted out for you. When you have enough saved up for mods (after your gas and speeding ticket funds) let me know and we can help you out

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve @ WeaponX View Post
    Congrats on finally getting your V2 wagon with the correct number of pedals! Sucks you had to get it repaired already but it seems it will all get sorted out for you. When you have enough saved up for mods (after your gas and speeding ticket funds) let me know and we can help you out
    Steve,

Will definitely drop by one day to see the shop. I'm going to go ahead and install an Airaid CAI, along with the sideswipe/pocket protector, when I do my black grills install as I have to pull the bumper anyway. I'll b concentrating on appearance and simple DIYs for now, but I'm already doing the research and developing my performance mods list, for later. Will include pulley, HX and Flex fuel, for sure.
    Oh, and exhaust as well....
    Last edited by Karch; 05-08-2017 at 07:04 PM.
    tv4184 and Steve @ WeaponX like this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Congrats and glad you can get this sorted out!

Cavs, 2016 NBA CHAMPS! The drought is over...
    Delivered 12/13/2012: 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Opulent Blue/Ebony 6MT/Ultraview/Satin Graphite wheels/yellow calipers/Stainless Works catback exhaust/KPE-Airaid intake
    Retired: 2009 CTS-V Sedan, Radiant Silver/Ebony auto/nav/Ultraview
    --My videos: Hidden Content ...Hidden Content ...Hidden Content ... Hidden Content

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Actually, Work has not started at my local dealership to fix the Vagon as of yesterday. Established that It's under warranty, but both dealerships trying to argue the other pays for the work. Not my problem!!!! Going to the Gen Mgr, Regional, or Corporate level to escalate this if it doesn't get settled in 24 hours. No car for over 2 weeks now, no loaner either, and work hasn't started.
    Also, I have a pile of new parts stacking up in the garage ready to go on LOL.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Actually, Work has not started at my local dealership to fix the Vagon as of yesterday. Established that It's under warranty, but both dealerships trying to argue the other pays for the work. Not my problem!!!! Going to the Gen Mgr, Regional, or Corporate level to escalate this if it doesn't get settled in 24 hours. No car for over 2 weeks now, no loaner either, and work hasn't started.
    Also, I have a pile of new parts stacking up in the garage ready to go on LOL.
    TOTAL BULLSHIT. I wouldn't give them another 5 minutes. Go straight to Corporate and nothing will be covered to the dealers. Corporate hates this shit. The repair was done by other dealer, other dealer pays for repairs. PERIOD.
    Hidden Content
    '14 CTS-V Wagon. 6M. Phantom Gray. Recaro.
    Alcantara. Ultraview. Satin Graphite. Yellow calipers.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Steve,

Will definitely drop by one day to see the shop. I'm going to go ahead and install an Airaid CAI, along with the sideswipe/pocket protector, when I do my black grills install as I have to pull the bumper anyway. I'll b concentrating on appearance and simple DIYs for now, but I'm already doing the research and developing my performance mods list, for later. Will include pulley, HX and Flex fuel, for sure.
    Oh, and exhaust as well....
    Check out our new front splitter to give your wagon a V3 look https://weaponxmotorsports.myshopify...-3-by-weapon-x.... Yes it has a little lead time but we are getting that down as fast as we can.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Check out our new front splitter to give your wagon a V3 look https://weaponxmotorsports.myshopify...-3-by-weapon-x.... Yes it has a little lead time but we are getting that down as fast as we can.
    At least it will look good while just sitting there.
    184.7mph in the Texas Mile, Spring 2014. Just an average 75 mile daily driver.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    They finally Started work today. I'll know how involved the repair will be tommorrow.
    Agree this was BS. I (the customer) had to do the legwork to prove it was under warranty.
    tv4184 likes this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Local Cadillac dealer says bolts (no idea which ones) came loose and messed up the axles. Ordered new axles which will be in today/tomorrow. Thinks the diff and driveshaft are OK but will need to check once the axles are installed. Also said the dealer I bought it from who did the driveshaft and rear diff replacement must not have installed correctly as the bolts backed out.
    May get my Vagon back on Saturday, but not holding my breath, given how long it took to even get them to wrench on it.
    tv4184 likes this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Did that car from Greenwich caddy? I was trying to buy one from them a couple months ago and missed it by a couple days due to having to wait to close on house loan before I could pull the trigger.
    tv4184 likes this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Yes, It was Unizoomi's. They put it up on a thu or Fri and I gave them $ to lock it on sat morning.
    Haven't seen a 2014 M6 with recaros and less than 30k miles come up anywhere for under $50k since; and as I pointed out, been looking a long time for one.
    Even with the warranty / GA dealer issues, very glad I bought this one. Hope you find your unicorn as well.

FYI everyone - I escalated the delay in getting it fixed to Caddi customer service, and they are escalating to get the "which dealership pays" question resolved and work resumed.
    tv4184 likes this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    multiple cars that i've viewed the carfax on have had the driveshafts replaced... definitely a common issue im seeing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by bknickel View Post
    Congrats on it arriving safe and sound - look forward to meeting up soon - enjoy driving the hell out of it as soon as it figures out how to stop raining in the ATL...
    Looks like my Vagon except mine fortunately DID NOT have license front plate holder. Bought in MI and drove back to PA. Both States do not require front plates!
    tv4184 likes this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I hate that I now have to cover the 2 holes in the bumper. Found 2 furniture plugs at lowes that fit the holes and sprayed them "hammered metal metallic" which is very close to matching the color. Not as bad, but not perfect. Will post pics when i mount the black grills and ATS-V front emblem (assuming I get my car back soon).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Just got an update from the local dealership. After 4 weeks, they will have the Vagon ready today or Monday. Turns out only the axels were damaged by the bolts backing out. New axels just arrived, so after 4 weeks of waiting and probably 1/2 day of actual work, will get my car back. They still haven't resolved which dealership is liable for the warranty expense, but corporate Customer service did come through within a week of creating a case, to get them to at least fix the car. Adding to the lessons learned below for purchasers of used V's....

Lesson learned 1 - get complete vehicle service history (in writing) before you close the deal (warranty work seems to take months to get into the system). If you have problems, your local dealership will need proof of any past warranty work (in my case, they wouldn't do more than a visual inspection without it).

Lesson learned 2 - if you have a service issue or warranty complaint (especially with 2 dealerships involved), get a case opened with corporate immediately (number is 800-458-8006) if you want to see any progress/resolution. in my case could have saved 2 weeks in getting my car back, had I filed as soon as I realized neither service manager would give on who was responsible.

Will post final update once vehicle is back in my driveway.
    For those who want to know.... Local dealership is classic Cadillac in Atlanta, dealership I purchased from is Cadillac of Greenwich, CT.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Check out our new front splitter to give your wagon a V3 look .... Yes it has a little lead time but we are getting that down as fast as we can.
    This thing looks so awesome. I needed a new one, my only worry is I let the wife drive it sometimes and she isn't as careful as I am with pulling into our underground parking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links