New to me V Coupe in New Mexico
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bfhawk

Thread: New to me V Coupe in New Mexico

Jim
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

New to me V Coupe in New Mexico

I've been lurking on the site for a couple months now with my mind set on a finding a V Coupe to replace a Sky convertible that I had tons of fun with. As luck would have it, I found the Coupe I wanted at a price that was more than fair so I took delivery on 12/6/16. The car came from Florida and is Crystal Red with black interior. Luckily I sold the Sky the same week I bought the Coupe and got exactly what I wanted for it.

I've been using HP Tuners for roughly 4 years now and have two MPVI interfaces that I will end up having to sell to get an MPVI pro in order to log WBO2 and will hopefully get the ball rolling on that sooner than later but will definitely be after the holidays. I've installed an Airaid intake already and will soon be purchasing ID850's, pulleys and some exhaust pieces though I haven't made my mind up on which exhaust pieces yet. I definitely don't want to smell fuel so I may just go with high flow cats and replace the X-pipe setup and call it good. So many different routes to take and plenty of nicely modified examples here on the site to get a feel for exactly what to expect and I look forward to the communities support and hope to be able to help others some day.

Merry Christmas!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Welcome! Where abouts in NM are you? I also have a coupe and live in Hobbs, NM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Welcome, ditto on the where you at?
    Hidden Content
    2010 Black Fully Optioned Fully Built
    ID850's - Manley Rods - Manley Pistons - Ported/Polished Heads - Kooks Longtube headers - Corsa exhaust
    ARP Studs - Custom Ground Cam - IW 8.6 lower 2.4 upper - Track Attack HX - NorCal Tank - ZL1 Lid
    High Flow HX Pump - Moroso Catch Can - Passport CI 9500 keeping tickets in check when in Mexico

2009 Radiant Silver Fully Optioned (SOLD) because I'm a dumb ass

"Smart people learn from others mistakes, Fool's learn from their own"

Sorry if my posts arent as expert as you would like and have made you more stupid than you already were...

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Jim
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Welcome, ditto on the where you at?
    Thanks for the welcome bfhawk and Nightstalker!

I'm in Roswell - been here for 50+ years.

bfhawk - From the looks of it - our cars are identical.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I have the light grey interior in mine. I am in the process of doing to mods to mine. My s/c is with Karch in California getting ported, solid isolator, and a 2.55 pulley. I have a track attack heat exchanger that I am putting in , Varimax pump, 850's and American Racing headers.

I was in Roswell with it about 3 months ago playing in a golf tournament at NMMI.
    Karch likes this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Welcome!

Jim
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfhawk View Post
    I have the light grey interior in mine. I am in the process of doing to mods to mine. My s/c is with Karch in California getting ported, solid isolator, and a 2.55 pulley. I have a track attack heat exchanger that I am putting in , Varimax pump, 850's and American Racing headers.

I was in Roswell with it about 3 months ago playing in a golf tournament at NMMI.
    Sounds like a great setup. Do you do your own tuning? Is there any shops in Hobbs with a dyno? Nothing here in Roswell.

I try to play a few times a week at Spring River with a group of friends. It's a great course.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I do my own mechanic work but not the tuning. Doing a remote tune by Pat G. Texas Speed by Lubbock tuned my Vette but the original owners sold it and it has been moved to central Tx. No Dyno's close to us. Probably the closest one to you is Albq

I like the Spring River course but it has been several years since I played it.

The new course here in Hobbs is very good. If you haven't played it yet, you should try and come over. The greens are really interesting. Fred Couples was here for the grand opening last year and Lee Trevino and Natalie Gulbis was here a few days later.
    Last edited by bfhawk; 12-22-2016 at 06:06 PM.

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Jim, welcome.

We have a member here with a really nice 650 hp Saturn Sky, you may have seen his build pictures.

Enjoy the car, it's extremely mod friendly.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
    Sales@dynamicflowconcepts.net
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Welcome from Cruces. I grew up in Roswell, went to Goddard. If you've been there that long you probably know some of my family. I usually bring my clubs when I go, I'll hit you up next time and you can show me how it's done!

Jim
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mprtetr View Post
    Welcome from Cruces. I grew up in Roswell, went to Goddard. If you've been there that long you probably know some of my family. I usually bring my clubs when I go, I'll hit you up next time and you can show me how it's done!
    That would be great!

Jim
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    Jim, welcome.

We have a member here with a really nice 650 hp Saturn Sky, you may have seen his build pictures.

Enjoy the car, it's extremely mod friendly.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more
    If you are referring to John (GMTECH), he was a big help to me through the HP Tuners site with a number of his how to posts and is an EXTREMELY talented individual.

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    If you are referring to John (GMTECH), he was a big help to me through the HP Tuners site with a number of his how to posts and is an EXTREMELY talented individual.
    That's him. He's got the Sky and the Mrs drives a V wagon.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
    Sales@dynamicflowconcepts.net
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

Jim
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfhawk View Post
    I do my own mechanic work but not the tuning. Doing a remote tune by Pat G. Texas Speed by Lubbock tuned my Vette but the original owners sold it and it has been moved to central Tx. No Dyno's close to us. Probably the closest one to you is Albq

I like the Spring River course but it has been several years since I played it.

The new course here in Hobbs is very good. If you haven't played it yet, you should try and come over. The greens are really interesting. Fred Couples was here for the grand opening last year and Lee Trevino and Natalie Gulbis was here a few days later.
    I played there a couple months ago for the first time. Hadn't been to Hobbs in over a decade and what a nice change! I never did get the chance to play Octotillo before the changes though. They were roasting green chilis when we arrived at the clubhouse/restaurant and made an excellent breakfast burrito.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    When you are out playing the new course, it is hard to make yourself believe that this is the old Ocotillo course and that you are still in Hobbs. A lot of the trees are still there but just in different surroundings. The greens makes it so much more of a challenge because nothing is flat.

A crystal red V coupe showed up a couple of days ago at the local Caddy dealership.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Welcome from Albuquerque.
    SOLD 2011 CTS-V Wagon, 2011 CTS-V Sedan Hidden Content

Sponsored Links