Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Stage 1 complete

18K views 83 replies 20 participants last post by  hornetraider 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I was able to keep this car stock for a whole 2 months. I think that's a new record.

Car was built and tuned by 21st century muscle cars.

Mods are as follows:
Airaid with green filter
Comp cam and upgraded valve train
9.1/2.55
Kooks headers to catless mid pipe to factory mufflers
Plugs, wires, fic 85lb injectors
Dmh cutouts with wireless functionality
Ice box
Moroso catch can
Zl1 lid
Katech h/x

Here's the dyno sheet. I was surprised with the numbers. Was expecting low 600's. Baseline was airaid only.

Text Font

Idle

Couple of pulls

I'm having a hard time not keeping the cutouts open all the time.

See less See more
4 1
#9 ·
#3 ·
That a manual V?

#4 ·
It has to be. I've been on that dyno and thought it read pretty accurately.

#6 · (Edited)
I have the same mods except no headers and no cam. I'm at 589/612 in a manual.

And I have a ported everything.

Stage 1 stuff 589hp/612tq

#8 ·
For sure!

Stage 1 stuff 589hp/612tq

#10 ·
Very good numbers for no porting of heads or huffer parts! M6 gives you another 20hp or so over an A6, but good numbers regardless. I'm sure I've passed you around here somewhere. I'm still on paper plates to Dec. 27 and it goes in Dec. 18 or 22 depending on if Callies gets off their ass and sends my stuff.

I'll look for the sedan rowing gears and running cutouts! :)

#11 ·
I was pleasantly surprised with the numbers myself. Especially with a stock throttle body and airaid intake.

Give me a wave! Do you come to any of the local meets?

#14 ·
Thanks! Yeah anytime. I'm around.

congrats on the new found power and sound! enjoy it brotha
Thanks bud. And thanks again for cementing my exhaust choice with those clips you put up of yours. Couldn't be happier

#13 ·
congrats on the new found power and sound! enjoy it brotha

#16 ·
Well, I was able to keep this car stock for a whole 2 months. I think that's a new record.

Car was built and tuned by 21st century muscle cars.

Mods are as follows:
Airaid with green filter
Comp cam and upgraded valve train
9.1/2.55
Kooks headers to catless mid pipe to factory mufflers
Plugs, wires, fic 85lb injectors
Dmh cutouts with wireless functionality
Ice box
Moroso catch can
Zl1 lid
Katech h/x

Here's the dyno sheet. I was surprised with the numbers. Was expecting low 600's. Baseline was airaid only.

View attachment 17987

Idle

Couple of pulls

I'm having a hard time not keeping the cutouts open all the time.
21st CMC FTW!!! Now get that bitch down to Beeville in March!

#27 ·
Yeah you're gonna love what I have. It's crazy how different it sounds with them open and with them closed. I'm running a catless x pipe btw. Is the idle video in my first post not working?

#37 ·
Bad Grandpa, if you want me to make it worse, I have a brand new in the box cam just slightly more aggressive than this one, and I'll cut you a deal because I went more aggressive on the stroker build. We're all here to help! :)

#39 ·
That's both a deal and call out!

#46 ·
Nice numbers man, Im interested to see what you will run in the 1/4. I put down far less HP on the dyno and my brand new factory clutch still cant hold the measly 560hp. Im interested to see how yours will hold up.

And like Grandpa said, Ive been trying to resist doing an aggressive cam in mine but this doesn't help.

#47 ·
Thank you. So far so good on the clutch, but I doubt that will last.

Looking forward to getting some 1/4 times myself. That's awesome that you got an M6 into the 10's.

#50 ·
Homewrecker....lol! You gotta show us how you wired the cutouts to the garage door switches. That is pretty sweet.

#51 ·
I've seen a few mods use the remote buttons. It's got me just sitting around thinking what sort of other cool stuff I could link it to!!!
I love it.

I'll try and post some pulls from outside of the car over the weekend with cutouts closed and opened.
HTFU!!!
Ugh...I think I've watched this clip about 10 times now.
Me too. And I'm not even a big cutout fanboy. But it's a good car all around. I'm really liking the light interior on the crystal red paint! I guess i just haven't seen many and it's way more classy than perhaps I had given it credit for. Looks beautiful!!!

#52 ·
Geez man now i want a bigger cam! Are you sure they did a 9.1/2.5 and not a 9.5/2.5 or a 9.1/2.4 ? Those are great dyno numbers for sure!!

#53 ·
The car sounds great for sure. I had the pleasure of riding along for some hwy pulls this weekend. The car is an absolute blast and there's no way I would ever close the cutouts lol. I understand some guys think the V should be refined and fly under the radar. Not me. I'm all for loud and obnoxious lol.

#60 ·
Anyone know where the best prices are for the cutouts?
Mine came from an ebay seller for $509 shipped including the stainless turndowns and wireless remotes

#68 ·
I took a video with the remote so that you could better compare the two different exhaust notes. You can really tell the difference between the two when I switch from mild to wild. Moreso I think than in the video where I opened them from inside the car.

Reactions: Bad Grandpa
#72 ·
That's a decent cam - going to inspire me to go bigger than a stage 1!

#73 ·
Yeah...if you want that sound you need more than stage 1 and you need perhaps some exhaust mods. My stage 1 isn't near that aggressive. I don't know what my stage 2 will sound like but hopefully super tame. Remember the cam controls the lope but not really the sound. For that you need to go catless, headers, or some other changes - those are what really let the noise thru, hold it back, or otherwise shape what comes out of those exhaust ports.

Reactions: random84
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.