Nitrous section?
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 41
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Nitrous section?

  1. #1
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Fremont, ca
    Posts
    396
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0

    Nitrous section?

    How about a section just for nitrous setups? Alot of people run it, would be nice to have a section dedicated to it. My .02. Carry on
    Gp tuning
    Jokerz Performance
    Mont Motorsports
    Vadder performance

    710whp 666tq
    Hidden Content

  2. #2
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Fremont, ca
    Posts
    396
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Or not lol.
    Gp tuning
    Jokerz Performance
    Mont Motorsports
    Vadder performance

    710whp 666tq
    Hidden Content

  3. #3
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Fremont, ca
    Posts
    396
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Bueler!!!
    Gp tuning
    Jokerz Performance
    Mont Motorsports
    Vadder performance

    710whp 666tq
    Hidden Content

  4. #4
    Vendor
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    14,660
    Likes (Given)
    341
    Likes (Received)
    307
    I call BS (Given)
    10
    I call BS (Received)
    19
    The lack of response should answer your question.



    For CNC ported blowers and more, visit:
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

    2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

  5. #5
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Fremont, ca
    Posts
    396
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Lol so you're saying if there was a nitrous section, no one would post in it ? I beg to differ.
    Gp tuning
    Jokerz Performance
    Mont Motorsports
    Vadder performance

    710whp 666tq
    Hidden Content

  6. #6
    Vendor
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    14,660
    Likes (Given)
    341
    Likes (Received)
    307
    I call BS (Given)
    10
    I call BS (Received)
    19
    No, I'm not saying that.

    I'm saying that the lack of response should indicate that there's not enough interest to warrant an entire section dedicated to nitrous for V's.

    There's plenty of information already on this forum, in various sections, not to mention many other forums.



    For CNC ported blowers and more, visit:
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

    2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

  7. #7
    Vendor
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,635
    Likes (Given)
    214
    Likes (Received)
    170
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    3
    1. Spray bars in the blower
    2. Standalone fueling
    3. -6 feed line

    /section

  8. #8
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    100
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    I'd support a dedicated section ONLY for the reason of sharing knowledge BEYOND that which people already know..... Stuff like A/F ratios, reading plugs, rich vs lean, staging nitrous, what plugs to run for big shots.....

    I mean most on here are toying with 100-150 shots...... it gets a LOT different when you're running 300-500 hp hits of spray..... My biggest hit on my LT1 that we ran was a 450hp shot...... 275 each kit.... 2nd unit coming on .4 seconds out....
    2012 White Diamond Coupe.... A6.
    AiRaid Intake, ZL1 lid with 12AN conversion, BMR icebox, 160 stat.....
    In the works: 2.5 upper, Track attack HX, ID850's, and an LT1Z tune.....

  9. #9
    Vendor
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    14,660
    Likes (Given)
    341
    Likes (Received)
    307
    I call BS (Given)
    10
    I call BS (Received)
    19
    So, OutlawV is in for $50/month to support the needed bandwidth and server space.

    Thank you for your contributions.

    Send me a pm with your email so we can send you an invoice.



    For CNC ported blowers and more, visit:
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

    2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

  10. #10
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    100
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    So, OutlawV is in for $50/month to support the needed bandwidth and server space.

    Thank you for your contributions.

    Send me a pm with your email so we can send you an invoice.
    HAHAHAHAH NO problem.. Just gotta sell a few more of these flex fuel sensors......
    Karch likes this.
    2012 White Diamond Coupe.... A6.
    AiRaid Intake, ZL1 lid with 12AN conversion, BMR icebox, 160 stat.....
    In the works: 2.5 upper, Track attack HX, ID850's, and an LT1Z tune.....

  11. #11
    Vendor
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    14,660
    Likes (Given)
    341
    Likes (Received)
    307
    I call BS (Given)
    10
    I call BS (Received)
    19
    Haha



    For CNC ported blowers and more, visit:
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

    2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation

  12. #12
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Fremont, ca
    Posts
    396
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Lol. Well outlaw nailed it exactly what the section would be for. Car has been our for a while more people are stepping up their builds. Shit we have 4 sections just for drive train!

    Nitrous questions and posts are literally in every other subsection. Makes it a pain to search and read up on.
    Fastfive0 and KT Vagon like this.
    Gp tuning
    Jokerz Performance
    Mont Motorsports
    Vadder performance

    710whp 666tq
    Hidden Content

  13. #13
    Vendor
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,635
    Likes (Given)
    214
    Likes (Received)
    170
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawV View Post
    I'd support a dedicated section ONLY for the reason of sharing knowledge BEYOND that which people already know..... Stuff like A/F ratios, reading plugs, rich vs lean, staging nitrous, what plugs to run for big shots.....

    I mean most on here are toying with 100-150 shots...... it gets a LOT different when you're running 300-500 hp hits of spray..... My biggest hit on my LT1 that we ran was a 450hp shot...... 275 each kit.... 2nd unit coming on .4 seconds out....
    Most on here dont read their plugs nor run big shots. Some do but the vast majority just run a 150-200 shot when the blower taps out.

    Should you read your plugs? Absolutely. Will many besides the hard core nitrous guys go through 40 plugs in a dyno session reading them in this application? Doubtful.
    Last edited by Lt1z; 04-19-2016 at 10:23 AM.

  14. #14
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,680
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    31
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    3
    Almost every v that has nitrous is running a spray bar setup and it would be great to have all the threads in one section though I found everything I needed to install mine which as complicated as any nitrous setup on a V still using the stock blower ( stand alone fuel system, n20 outlet panel,zl1 spray bar lid, nx maximizer 4, custom bolt on relay/fuse panel, lpe timing box,dual heaters,and a custom harness I have made with weather packs so it's a true bolt on setup. Just have to tap into +, -, ign, tps,rpm





    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    2004 SS Silverado AWD Hidden Content Sadly Sold
    1955 Chevy Belair 210 ,sbc , airride , project 55CHASE ....underway
    2014 BMW 335i M-Package -JB4 flex fuel
    2009 CTS-V 792rwhp/726rwtq 10.00@139.8 (in so cal) TFS heads, lt1z 2.5 cam, 9.5-1 CR , 9.1/2.4 ,ported 1.9 ,kooks Lt's, zl1 lid ,d3 hx, 4.5 Cai, 102tb, squash/flex carbon everything. Next stage in the works (two bottle spray bar setup) xxxx rwhp/xxxx twtq.
    2007 GMC 2500 HD LBZ LT3- 600/1100 - Danville 3794 stg 2 billet turbo, Built trans /converter, Efi Live w/dsp5, magnaflow 3" d/p, 5" turbo back in black ,edge cts-2 ,egr block ,cognito 4" ntbd w fox/deaver suspension, bmf novakane 20, 305/55/20 nitto muds,fass ti 150,beans sump, jl audio/focal sound

  15. #15
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    AZ and SoCal
    Posts
    113
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 04chase View Post
    Almost every v that has nitrous is running a spray bar setup and it would be great to have all the threads in one section though I found everything I needed to install mine which as complicated as any nitrous setup on a V still using the stock blower ( stand alone fuel system, n20 outlet panel,zl1 spray bar lid, nx maximizer 4, custom bolt on relay/fuse panel, lpe timing box,dual heaters,and a custom harness I have made with weather packs so it's a true bolt on setup. Just have to tap into +, -, ign, tps,rpm





    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    That's coming along nicely bro!!!! I'm in for some #'s once your done.
    2011 CTS-V Sedan, Black Diamond Edition, A6, Mamo TFS heads and Cam, 2.4/9.1, Dsteck flex, Dsteck fuel pump, FIC 1200, vadder destroyer kit, Nic D tuned 750+
    1/2 Mile best of 165.9 mph Hidden Content

  16. #16
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Fremont, ca
    Posts
    396
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    See! We need a section for exactly this !!
    Gp tuning
    Jokerz Performance
    Mont Motorsports
    Vadder performance

    710whp 666tq
    Hidden Content

  17. #17
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    100
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    I'm serious that I'm down to moderate.... I know I haven't been on this site for a long time but I've been fucking with nitrous FOREVER..... I've been on Yellowbullet.com for at least ten years......

    this was my old setup on my camaro and a few videos of the car in action........ two stage plate system..... Kit appeared to be a single stage wet kit but actually used a nitrous solenoid and an additional nitrous solenoid with the fuel sticker on it so it appeared to be a single stage wet.... It was actually a 2 stage dry kit..... 83lb/hr injectors....

    We routinely ran a 375 hp hit and went 9.0@153 mph..... We ran a 450 hit but it took the grounding strap off the plug and slowed to a 9.11 on seven cylinders....

    04CHASE-I love your CF vents on the side of the car..... how did you do them??? Yourself or send them off or did you buy pre-done ones on Ebay or Amazon?











    Last edited by OutlawV; 04-19-2016 at 01:06 PM.
    blownbye likes this.
    2012 White Diamond Coupe.... A6.
    AiRaid Intake, ZL1 lid with 12AN conversion, BMR icebox, 160 stat.....
    In the works: 2.5 upper, Track attack HX, ID850's, and an LT1Z tune.....

  18. #18
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    2,097
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    120
    I call BS (Given)
    1
    I call BS (Received)
    10
    Fastfive0 likes this.
    2011 CTS-V Coupe - 701 rwhp
    Built & Tuned by Hidden Content

  19. #19
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Poconos, Pa.
    Posts
    1,909
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    31
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    I'm the uncool single nozzle in the intake guy lol I do get bonus points for running a nos mini progressive though right?
    Darnell likes this.
    MODS: 2.4 Upper pulley,ID850's,Air raid intake,Kooks long tubes with catted X pipe and some 305/35/19 NT05R's.
    10.86@127.77
    Round 2, 3 and 4: track attack hx,NorCal tank,apr splitter and v2v center. M/t 305/35/19, Nitrous, custom cam and 9.1/2.4 combo, zl-1 lid, gforce 4.5" intake,nw102mm TB, varimax pump, alky meth kit,formato heads,thermal plates and block off plates.
    10.09@136mph boost only

  20. #20
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    100
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastfive0 View Post
    I'm the uncool single nozzle in the intake guy lol I do get bonus points for running a nos mini progressive though right?
    that's how i started........ works just fine for smaller shots that aren't requiring a shitload of atomization of the nitrous..... just be aware that your front cylinders are most likely inhaling more nitrous with the spray nozzle located there..... An engine is a vacuum..... cylinders closer to the front are simply going to take in more air/nitrous than the back cylinders....

    The reason guys run direct port systems is for equal cylinder distribution and the ability to "tune" hot holes or cold holes with fuel/nitrous jetting. most do this like I did with EGT readings in each cylinder from probes welded into the header primaries......

    a 150 shot divided by 8 would be about 18.75 hp per cylinder if all is kept equal.... in the real world that's not really how it happens. When you run big shots like 300hp+ if one cylinder is inhaling a shit ton of spray you get leaner mixtures in certain holes and richer mixtures in others.... Not really how you want your motor running with front cylinders taking on the brunt of the hit....

    With a 150 shot distribution of power isn't as big of an issue. The engine is probably running fine. If you have 24 hp in one cylinder and 16 in another of additional n2o power production those lean/rich sways aren't enough to cause engine damage..... Up that to a 300 shot COMBINED with the boost of a CTS-V and you can start to see how power in one cylinder and cylinder pressure can get to levels that are beyond the capability of the motor. Like this:

    650 FLYWHEEL HP CTS-V (an average build with bolt ons, maybe a smaller pulley, etc)

    650 / 8 = 81.25 hp per cylinder

    150 shot / 8 = 18.75 hp per cylinder

    Car makes 800hp at flywheel = 100 hp per cylinder.....

    300 shot / 8 = 37.5 hp per cylinder

    Car makes 950hp at flywheel = 118.75 hp per cylinder


    Now what if you're running a nozzle in the intake tube.... not the greatest atomization or distribution.... So what if the #1 and #2 cylinders (i'm using example cylinders. each motor seems to have it's own hot/cold holes) take a larger distribution of the nitrous????

    Well #1 and #2 might be generating 130hp per cylinder and the rest of the power is created from 3 thru 8. Well if the #1 and #2 are receiving an equal amount of fuel from the injectors (AKA a dry kit) then you're going to be lean in those cylinders. Lean enough to melt something???? Depends..... but it's not a "good situation". When I would read plugs on my car ALL THE PLUGS looked identical. We ran a plate system that was dry. So we used individual cylinder fuel trim in the FAST XFI to reduce temps in hot holes and increase temps in cold holes..... then we made runs and looked at EGT's..... All the EGT's we wanted within 50 degrees F the whole run..... EGT's verfied what we knew about cylinder temps and A/F ratios.

    Sorry for the long post but with a nozzle in the intake you're only limited by the total amount of power you want to run.... anything beyond 150 i wouldn't do it..... Up to 150 you're good ALL DAY....
    Fastfive0 and nbw123 like this.
    2012 White Diamond Coupe.... A6.
    AiRaid Intake, ZL1 lid with 12AN conversion, BMR icebox, 160 stat.....
    In the works: 2.5 upper, Track attack HX, ID850's, and an LT1Z tune.....

  21. #21
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Poconos, Pa.
    Posts
    1,909
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    31
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Yea definately not over 150!
    MODS: 2.4 Upper pulley,ID850's,Air raid intake,Kooks long tubes with catted X pipe and some 305/35/19 NT05R's.
    10.86@127.77
    Round 2, 3 and 4: track attack hx,NorCal tank,apr splitter and v2v center. M/t 305/35/19, Nitrous, custom cam and 9.1/2.4 combo, zl-1 lid, gforce 4.5" intake,nw102mm TB, varimax pump, alky meth kit,formato heads,thermal plates and block off plates.
    10.09@136mph boost only

  22. #22
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Posts
    56
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    I am all for a Nitrous section. I dont post near as much as i would like butni so search alot and a also run nitrous and the more usable info i can find the better.
    2012 ctsv wagon~ modded~ daily
    2009 Cts-V ~ modded~ daily ~ sold
    1993 Lexus GS300~ 800+whp~sold

  23. #23
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,680
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    31
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawV View Post
    that's how i started........ works just fine for smaller shots that aren't requiring a shitload of atomization of the nitrous..... just be aware that your front cylinders are most likely inhaling more nitrous with the spray nozzle located there..... An engine is a vacuum..... cylinders closer to the front are simply going to take in more air/nitrous than the back cylinders....

    The reason guys run direct port systems is for equal cylinder distribution and the ability to "tune" hot holes or cold holes with fuel/nitrous jetting. most do this like I did with EGT readings in each cylinder from probes welded into the header primaries......

    a 150 shot divided by 8 would be about 18.75 hp per cylinder if all is kept equal.... in the real world that's not really how it happens. When you run big shots like 300hp+ if one cylinder is inhaling a shit ton of spray you get leaner mixtures in certain holes and richer mixtures in others.... Not really how you want your motor running with front cylinders taking on the brunt of the hit....

    With a 150 shot distribution of power isn't as big of an issue. The engine is probably running fine. If you have 24 hp in one cylinder and 16 in another of additional n2o power production those lean/rich sways aren't enough to cause engine damage..... Up that to a 300 shot COMBINED with the boost of a CTS-V and you can start to see how power in one cylinder and cylinder pressure can get to levels that are beyond the capability of the motor. Like this:

    650 FLYWHEEL HP CTS-V (an average build with bolt ons, maybe a smaller pulley, etc)

    650 / 8 = 81.25 hp per cylinder

    150 shot / 8 = 18.75 hp per cylinder

    Car makes 800hp at flywheel = 100 hp per cylinder.....

    300 shot / 8 = 37.5 hp per cylinder

    Car makes 950hp at flywheel = 118.75 hp per cylinder


    Now what if you're running a nozzle in the intake tube.... not the greatest atomization or distribution.... So what if the #1 and #2 cylinders (i'm using example cylinders. each motor seems to have it's own hot/cold holes) take a larger distribution of the nitrous????

    Well #1 and #2 might be generating 130hp per cylinder and the rest of the power is created from 3 thru 8. Well if the #1 and #2 are receiving an equal amount of fuel from the injectors (AKA a dry kit) then you're going to be lean in those cylinders. Lean enough to melt something???? Depends..... but it's not a "good situation". When I would read plugs on my car ALL THE PLUGS looked identical. We ran a plate system that was dry. So we used individual cylinder fuel trim in the FAST XFI to reduce temps in hot holes and increase temps in cold holes..... then we made runs and looked at EGT's..... All the EGT's we wanted within 50 degrees F the whole run..... EGT's verfied what we knew about cylinder temps and A/F ratios.

    Sorry for the long post but with a nozzle in the intake you're only limited by the total amount of power you want to run.... anything beyond 150 i wouldn't do it..... Up to 150 you're good ALL DAY....
    It's actually a bit different for the lsa, unlike other lsx intakes where theories have suggested the common cause of #7 & #8 failing first is because of the way n/a intake manifolds are designed would get the majority of the air to the back with the velocity of it coming through the tb.

    With the lsa and ls9 it gets thrown into a wall and comes down pretty even to the cylinders. We don't see many popped #7 & #8 cylinders. Imo spraying before the blower is nice because iat2 sensors picks it up.

    I know someone who ran a single nozzle pre boost and didn't hardly any timing with a decent sized wet shot then switched to spray bars and ended up pulling more timing than the nozzle with the same size shot. However more power was made and injected as evenly as possible.

    And vents are real carbon replacements from weapon x

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 04chase; 04-20-2016 at 01:03 PM.
    Hidden Content

    2004 SS Silverado AWD Hidden Content Sadly Sold
    1955 Chevy Belair 210 ,sbc , airride , project 55CHASE ....underway
    2014 BMW 335i M-Package -JB4 flex fuel
    2009 CTS-V 792rwhp/726rwtq 10.00@139.8 (in so cal) TFS heads, lt1z 2.5 cam, 9.5-1 CR , 9.1/2.4 ,ported 1.9 ,kooks Lt's, zl1 lid ,d3 hx, 4.5 Cai, 102tb, squash/flex carbon everything. Next stage in the works (two bottle spray bar setup) xxxx rwhp/xxxx twtq.
    2007 GMC 2500 HD LBZ LT3- 600/1100 - Danville 3794 stg 2 billet turbo, Built trans /converter, Efi Live w/dsp5, magnaflow 3" d/p, 5" turbo back in black ,edge cts-2 ,egr block ,cognito 4" ntbd w fox/deaver suspension, bmf novakane 20, 305/55/20 nitto muds,fass ti 150,beans sump, jl audio/focal sound

  24. #24
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Posts
    56
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    I went from a single fogger 100 shot to a spray bar zl1 lid 100 shot and there was no difference on the dyno at all. I was gonna up the shot but sold that car before u had the chance to.
    2012 ctsv wagon~ modded~ daily
    2009 Cts-V ~ modded~ daily ~ sold
    1993 Lexus GS300~ 800+whp~sold

  25. #25
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    AZ and SoCal
    Posts
    113
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawV View Post
    I'm serious that I'm down to moderate.... I know I haven't been on this site for a long time but I've been fucking with nitrous FOREVER..... I've been on Yellowbullet.com for at least ten years......

    this was my old setup on my camaro and a few videos of the car in action........ two stage plate system..... Kit appeared to be a single stage wet kit but actually used a nitrous solenoid and an additional nitrous solenoid with the fuel sticker on it so it appeared to be a single stage wet.... It was actually a 2 stage dry kit..... 83lb/hr injectors....

    We routinely ran a 375 hp hit and went 9.0@153 mph..... We ran a 450 hit but it took the grounding strap off the plug and slowed to a 9.11 on seven cylinders....

    04CHASE-I love your CF vents on the side of the car..... how did you do them??? Yourself or send them off or did you buy pre-done ones on Ebay or Amazon?











    Do it!!!!! Lol
    2011 CTS-V Sedan, Black Diamond Edition, A6, Mamo TFS heads and Cam, 2.4/9.1, Dsteck flex, Dsteck fuel pump, FIC 1200, vadder destroyer kit, Nic D tuned 750+
    1/2 Mile best of 165.9 mph Hidden Content

  26. #26
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    100
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 04chase View Post
    It's actually a bit different for the lsa, unlike other lsx intakes where theories have suggested the common cause of #7 & #8 failing first is because of the way n/a intake manifolds are designed would get the majority of the air to the back with the velocity of it coming through the tb.

    With the lsa and ls9 it gets thrown into a wall and comes down pretty even to the cylinders. We don't see many popped #7 & #8 cylinders. Imo spraying before the blower is nice because iat2 sensors picks it up.

    I know someone who ran a single nozzle pre boost and didn't hardly any timing with a decent sized wet shot then switched to spray bars and ended up pulling more timing than the nozzle with the same size shot. However more power was made and injected as evenly as possible.

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Yeah different motors with different intakes will generally lean out different cylinders depending on distribution, air patterns, distance from the nozzle to the port, etc... With the LSA it may be a different hole. hell MY car may have a different hot cylinder than yours even with the same motor combo, nitrous setup....

    As you stated the IMPORTANT part is ensuring good distribution and atomization at power levels over 150-175 hp. Since our motors are boosted I err on the side of caution so I'll stick to 150 shot. A 150 shot doesn't take into account the increased blower efficiency when the IAT drops like 80 degrees does it???? So a 150 shot is actually more than that if you think about it.
    2012 White Diamond Coupe.... A6.
    AiRaid Intake, ZL1 lid with 12AN conversion, BMR icebox, 160 stat.....
    In the works: 2.5 upper, Track attack HX, ID850's, and an LT1Z tune.....

  27. #27
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Fremont, ca
    Posts
    396
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Welp, who's gonna go ahead and start that section now lol. Moderators where you at !
    Gp tuning
    Jokerz Performance
    Mont Motorsports
    Vadder performance

    710whp 666tq
    Hidden Content

  28. #28
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    100
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius717 View Post
    Welp, who's gonna go ahead and start that section now lol. Moderators where you at !
    yep. i'm down... LOL
    2012 White Diamond Coupe.... A6.
    AiRaid Intake, ZL1 lid with 12AN conversion, BMR icebox, 160 stat.....
    In the works: 2.5 upper, Track attack HX, ID850's, and an LT1Z tune.....

  29. #29
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Fremont, ca
    Posts
    396
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6
    I call BS (Given)
    0
    I call BS (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawV View Post
    yep. i'm down... LOL

    Where in NorCal are you
    Gp tuning
    Jokerz Performance
    Mont Motorsports
    Vadder performance

    710whp 666tq
    Hidden Content

  30. #30
    Vendor
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    14,660
    Likes (Given)
    341
    Likes (Received)
    307
    I call BS (Given)
    10
    I call BS (Received)
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius717 View Post
    Welp, who's gonna go ahead and start that section now lol. Moderators where you at !
    Here is your nitrous section:


    For CNC ported blowers and more, visit:
    Dynamicflowconcepts.net
    Last edited by Karch; 04-20-2016 at 05:01 PM.
    http://dynamicflowconcepts.net/t/superchargers

    2010 Thunder Gray sedan, A6, ebony recaros, LPE 650 (well, sort of), AR headers with (blown out) cats, 22" Magnaflow resonators, 9.1/2.5" pulleys, ID1000's, ZL1 Lid, CNC ported blower, WCCH heads, Mamo Motorsports custom cam, 102mm TPIS TB, DSteck Flex Fuel module, ZR1 HX pump, custom HX tube set, Fluidyne 3X HX,4.5" intake tube, FlyingV installation


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)