Search - Sort by zip code
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

Search - Sort by zip code

I really don't want to waste time buying tires 1,500 miles away.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Good idea, i was trying to do a search like that and this came up

Administrator
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Hey all,

I actually bounced this off a co worker here about it who also works in the tech department. the biggest question would be how do we track users and where they live?

we usually give the user freedom to fill in their profiles whatever way they like, along with what they want to post in their classifieds. the largest hurdle even if this was to be a project would actually require to force users to post their mailing information in their post, or force them to put it in their profile for everyone to see. Im not sure if users want to be doing that. I know i would not want to.

I agree, it would be a great way to just look up classifieds. but at the same time, not everyone is willing to share their postal code with everyone and would rather leave it up to PM's and private inquiries about negotiating prices or whatever means in general.

Now if you wanted to say, request classified posters post their postal code, or inquire if they could, it would indeed be able to be searched across the forum in general

Again, its a great idea, but at the same time, there is a lot of obstacles that come with it, that i think some users would not be comfortable with.
    i will leave this up to the mods and admins to discuss this with the community on classified requirements for posting, and if they feel the community and they are alright with that being a requirement. But i feel it should still be up to the poster if they want to post that publicly or not.

This of course, is just an opinion im adding to the conversation. id see what the community thinks, along with mods and admins. just wanted to add my 2 cents about it

~Shane

Sponsored Links