Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

AEM Drop in fuel pumps

132K views 545 replies 96 participants last post by  random84 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#3 ·
That DIY was before these new designs came out. Apparently these are 100% drop in, no CEL

Reactions: thereason
#5 ·
I see that both are 39mm x 65mm. So yes the new 50-1215 will work with the same cutting that the 50-1210 required in the link that I posted to you as the 1210 design has not changed. My question is where are you seeing that they are a 100% drop in with no CEL. I'd like to see that information personally.

#6 ·
Also after going to AEM and looking up the pump specs the amp draw is higher than that of the DW pump and should throw a CEL when that current draw is requested through the FPCM. However by all means prove me wrong and order them as i'm currently looking into a replacement in tank setup that isn't DW

Reactions: adam112
#7 · (Edited)
I'll do a write up. Talked to someone last night for hours about it. He went from dw to aem. No cel, no cutting, 100% drop in. He apparently was blowing fuses on the DW's when the fuel got hot. I will do a write up. Even if it does throw a cel, its the same situation as the DW's.

At this point, if it doesn't starve at half a tank and can support max effort 1.9L blowers, I don't care about too much else.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4077th
#8 ·
What power level are these pumps good for? I currently have a BAP and I've heard it's only a temporary fix

#9 ·
The guy i talked to is a max effort 1.9l blower build with id1300 and he is running full e85 without a pump booster

#10 ·
Interesting...

#11 ·
I'll be excited to see if this works or not lol.

#12 ·
its too cheap not to try.... my tuner recommended i try them, and the person who i spoke with using them has nothing but good things to say

#13 · (Edited)
I'm not going to pretend to know the in's and out's of the FPCM but from what I understand the issue is with the pumps drawing too much amperage. If you replace the stock pumps with pumps that draw more amps under normal operating conditions, wouldn't that set off a CEL? I don't know about a fuel pump specifically but when an electric motor starts to draw more amperage then normal its usually because its starting to fail. This is why the factory FPCM throws the code in the first place. It thinks the factory pumps are failing. Unless there is a way to change that threshold in the FPCM I don't see any other way of a permanent fix.

disclaimer.... I may be completely off on this and if I am, feel free to correct me

Reactions: TheTinMan
#14 ·
Thats actually accurate. The FPCM as I understand also limits the amount of power going to the pumps as amperage increases. Maybe @Dsteck can shine some light.

#16 ·
Im in for results from the OP

#19 ·
Well they are ordered. Should have data in a few weeks

Reactions: 1qwkSS
#20 ·

#21 ·

#22 ·
Dumb question: Is this pump moving more fuel for a given voltage/amperage? Or is the performance gain strictly due to increased amperage?

If it is more efficient than the stock pump, can you get more fuel without mucking with the FPCM or getting a CEL? IE is there a way to cap the amperage and get say 20% more fuel than the stock pump, whereas uncapped amperage gives you 33% more fuel?

Thanks,
Jason

#23 ·
Not sure. Apparently somehow it moves more fuel at same amp draw.

#25 ·
That's what i have been hearing

#26 ·

#33 ·
Why don't you guys try the DMS Aux pump, or are you over 800hp on E85?

With properly sized fuel injectors, this Auxiliary Fuel Pump Kit will easily support over 1,200 wheel-horsepower on gasoline, and well over 800 wheel-horsepower on e85 ethanol based fuels.

#31 ·
Most people I talk to say they cannot race without half a tank on the FORE. I am looking at using some exotic fuels this year, half a tank is a lot of race gas.

Reactions: thereason
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.