Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Meta Install

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Ex-Goat 
#1 ·
Well I had my Kenwood installed in the Vagon and now the driver seat and HVAC display does not light up. I was hopping it was a procedure for the Meta instal kit. But the installer went through the procedure and it still did not light up. Has anyone had to replace the display and if so how much?

#2 ·
You mean metra?

I'd double check they're connected properly, there's no "software" to it, it's just a wiring harness per display and I think two for the HVAC cluster itself.

It's super easy to remove the HVAC stack, two 7mm bolts and it all just pops out.

#3 ·
I had this happen to me. For me the fix was installing the stock nav and turning it on and then switching back to the aftermarket head unit. Not sure where the disconnect is with these but if I unplug it to many times I lose HVAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
You do not need a new display. It happens to me everytime my battery is disconnected. The initializing procedure for the metra kit must be followed to a T and it will work. Bring it by and I'll reset it for you.

Rob and I post about this issue at length here.

http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42841

#5 ·
You're popular tonight Barryg! ;)

A bunch of good info in the thread you reference 4-sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.