S2T Performance Cadillac CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifter Group-Buy!
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: S2T Performance Cadillac CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifter Group-Buy!

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

S2T Performance Cadillac CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifter Group-Buy!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are thrilled to announce, yet another, CTSVowners Forum Group-Buy for the S2T Performance Cadillac CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifters.

All Forum members are welcome to participate in the Cadillac CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifter Group-Buy.

The retail price for our Silver and Black Anodized Paddle Shifters is $225.95 plus shipping. The Group-Buy price will be $195.95...Shipped (within the Continental USA)!

The retail price for our Polished Clear and Polished Black Anodized Paddle Shifters is $265.95 plus shipping. The Group-Buy price will be $235.95...Shipped (within the Continental USA)!

Additional information regarding the S2T Performance CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifters can be found here;
    Cadillac-Paddle-Shifters

We will be accepting Group-Buy orders until May 31st, 2014.
    Orders will begin shipping May 1st, 2014.

You can place your Group-Buy Order by using this link;
    GroupBuy

In addition, you are welcome to share this information with any friends or family looking for Paddle Shifters for their Cadillac CTS/CTS-V and 2010-2011 Chevrolet Camaro.

Please contact us directly if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
    S2T Performance Products

That makes no sense
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Just paid for a black set of B2

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Just put in my order for a pair of black as well.

What is the polished version?

Also, do we need to reuse the foam or any other silly tricks to get these to work correctly? Just want to avoid any issues like the competition seemed to have. I want to install these once and be done with it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by GetABox View Post

Also, do we need to reuse the foam or any other silly tricks to get these to work correctly? Just want to avoid any issues like the competition seemed to have. I want to install these once and be done with it.
    You will not have to fuck with these paddles to get them to work. They are awesome right out of the box. They work no matter where you pull on them.
    2011 Black Diamond Vagon, Weapon X Stage 37 Kit, soon to be sold

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by GroceryGettinV View Post
    You will not have to fuck with these paddles to get them to work. They are awesome right out of the box. They work no matter where you pull on them.
    That's the impression that I was under and why I am more than willing to spend the extra cash. That, and I think they just look better.

Just hoping for more of the same from this new version.

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    ^^^^
    No Fear!

In our opinion, the new version is even better. Why? Because we have a brand new manufacturing facility with brand new Haas 5 Axis machines and we have spent countless hours re-thinking, re-engineering, and re-programming all aspects of our manufacturing process. This has allowed us to tighten our tolerances and produce a more detailed and refined Product.

Hello GetABox,

Thank you for your Post!

The Polished version...you don't want to know...

The Polished Clear Finish is a not as 'shinny' or as 'bright' as chrome since the clear Anodizing somewhat dulls the overall Finish but, it is a good match for many of the 'glossy' interior trim pieces. And, the Polished Black Finish is a very very close match to the 'glossy' Piano Black Finish found on your steering wheel.

I told you, you didn't want to know...

NO! You don't need to modify in any way, or use any foam, or any other foreign material to make our Paddle Shifters function. They work perfectly! Just install and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by GroceryGettinV View Post
    Hello GroceryGettinV,

Thank you for your Post!

100% Agreed.

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
    S2T Performance Products

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Awesome. Thanks for the replies. Can't wait to get them in.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I was playing around today - nothing serious, but suddenly realized after driving a new CTS-Vsport loaner car that I really liked the paddle shifters in that car. Now I gotta get me some of these so I'm up to par. Looking forward to getting these on my ride - seems like the are top notch. Which is the only thing I want. Life's too short for anything less.

For those of us looking for the glossy black finishes - any idea on when you'll have more available to us?

And it looks like there are two styles - one uniform and one offset. What's the thinking there? Do some people need a lower reach? I just need a little background on why you arrived at two distinct designs so I can pick the one that's right for me.
    2014 OBM/Titanium CTS-V Wagon "The Blue Whale"
    Auto, All Options, Interior 100% stock.
    Custom touches here and there...needs driver mod badly!
    7xx to 8xx rwhp

2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Black leather interior, 8 Spd ZF Auto, all options
    Pulley and tune
    21" RS6 wheels /Super Sport 285's all around / Lowered on KW's

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriTexan View Post
    I was playing around today - nothing serious, but suddenly realized after driving a new CTS-Vsport loaner car that I really liked the paddle shifters in that car. Now I gotta get me some of these so I'm up to par. Looking forward to getting these on my ride - seems like the are top notch. Which is the only thing I want. Life's too short for anything less.

For those of us looking for the glossy black finishes - any idea on when you'll have more available to us?

And it looks like there are two styles - one uniform and one offset. What's the thinking there? Do some people need a lower reach? I just need a little background on why you arrived at two distinct designs so I can pick the one that's right for me.
    Hello TriTexan,

Thank you for your Post!

The Paddle Shifters make driving much more enjoyable.

The Finishing Shop is extremely busy. Our window of opportunity is constantly opening and closing and it is difficult to pin-point a precise ETA. However, we are expecting to have the Polished Black Anodized Paddle Shifters available in two weeks...at the latest Mid-May.

Yes, we have both our original B1 Paddle Blades and our new B2 Paddle Blades. The B1's are a huge improvement over the factory buttons and offer much better aesthetics and function. The B2 Paddle Blades are swept and angled to deliver more clearance between the factory multi-function levers and give the driver more Paddle for function.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
    S2T Performance Products

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Just placed my order for the polished black! Any idea when you might have them back in stock? Been waiting a loooong time for these already...lol. Just excited...I know I'll have to wait.

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbh2403 View Post
    Just placed my order for the polished black! Any idea when you might have them back in stock? Been waiting a loooong time for these already...lol. Just excited...I know I'll have to wait.
    Hello jbh2403,

Thank you for your Post and for your Order!

You made an excellent choice and the Polished Black Finish is well worth the wait...

The Shifters have already been dropped-off at the Polisher. When they are done, they'll be delivered to the Finishing Shop for Anodizing. This process normally takes two weeks. However, the Finishing Shop is extremely busy and our window of opportunity is constantly opening and closing so it is difficult to pin-point a precise ETA. We are hoping for the normal two weeks but, the latest would be Mid-May.

We'll keep you posted on the progress via email.

Thanks again,

Michael Bello
    S2T Performance Products

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Got my paddles in today and went ahead and installed them. These things look great and they are solid. The paddles retain the click just like the OEM buttons.

I do have to say though, that they are not 100% perfect. If you try and activate them from the top 10 or so percent of the paddle, they do not work. The higher up on the paddle you try and activate from, the more outward you have to try and maneuver the paddle. For example, if you activate from the center of the paddle, you can pull straight back. If you activate from near the + or - sign, you kind of have to pull back and to the right or left respectively. I don't believe this is any fault of the paddles but rather of the design of the buttons. The original button engages from right to left/left to right and the pull from the top of the paddle is more of an up and down motion. In order to get a pair of paddles to work 100% I believe you would have to redesign the switch itself.

(I took a video of what I'm talking about if anyone is confused by my rambling. haha)

I will do some driving around tomorrow and see if this is even an issue depending on the most comfortable position that my fingers will fall on the paddle.

Just thought some people might be interested in my impressions. On to the pics!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Thanks for the review. Where is the video?

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Got my paddles in today and went ahead and installed them. These things look great and they are solid. The paddles retain the click just like the OEM buttons.

I do have to say though, that they are not 100% perfect. If you try and activate them from the top 10 or so percent of the paddle, they do not work. The higher up on the paddle you try and activate from, the more outward you have to try and maneuver the paddle. For example, if you activate from the center of the paddle, you can pull straight back. If you activate from near the + or - sign, you kind of have to pull back and to the right or left respectively. I don't believe this is any fault of the paddles but rather of the design of the buttons. The original button engages from right to left/left to right and the pull from the top of the paddle is more of an up and down motion. In order to get a pair of paddles to work 100% I believe you would have to redesign the switch itself.

Just thought some people might be interested in my impressions. On to the pics!
    Hello GetABox,

Thank you for your Post and Review!

We greatly appreciate your understanding and fairness. Without re-designing the entire paddle shifter switch assembly, we have to accept that our design will not be perfect. However, our Paddle Shifters function perfectly when using the majority of the surface area and they are a HUGE improvement over the factory buttons. We have designed a great Product within the design constraints of the OEM switch. Great review!

And, Thank you for posting Pics!

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
    S2T Performance Products

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by S2TPerformance View Post
    Hello GetABox,

Thank you for your Post and Review!

We greatly appreciate your understanding and fairness. Without re-designing the entire paddle shifter switch assembly, we have to accept that our design will not be perfect. However, our Paddle Shifters function perfectly when using the majority of the surface area and they are a HUGE improvement over the factory buttons. We have designed a great Product within the design constraints of the OEM switch. Great review!

And, Thank you for posting Pics!

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
    S2T Performance Products
    Completely agree. I don't think it's any fault of yours at all. And with the driving I have done today, I'd say that they work perfectly on about 95% of the surface. You can even get away with pulling from the top a majority of the time, it will just not click like it should as its a bit of an awkward motion.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_J View Post
    Thanks for the review. Where is the video?
    I can post it up later tonight if people are interested in seeing it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Here's the video of what I was talking about.

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Here's the video of what I was talking about.
    Hello GetABox,

Thank you for posting and sharing your video!

Great info!

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
    S2T Performance Products

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Received my B2's yesterday and installed them. I'm thoroughly impressed!! Much nicer to use than the factory buttons and look way better while doing it.
    Hidden Content
    2011 CTS-V Wagon - Black Raven, A6, Recaro, Ultraview,
    1973 Chevy C10, Shortbox, Stepside
    1979 GMC C35 Camper Special, Crew Cab, Dually, 454, 4spd

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamRod View Post
    Received my B2's yesterday and installed them. I'm thoroughly impressed!! Much nicer to use than the factory buttons and look way better while doing it.
    Hello RamRod,

Thank you for your Post and Feedback!

Enjoy your new Paddle Shifters!

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
    S2T Performance Products

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

CLEARANCE BETWEEN PADDLES AND STEERING COLUMN CONTROL LEVERS

Quote Originally Posted by S2TPerformance View Post
    Hello TriTexan,

Thank you for your Post!

The Paddle Shifters make driving much more enjoyable.

The Finishing Shop is extremely busy. Our window of opportunity is constantly opening and closing and it is difficult to pin-point a precise ETA. However, we are expecting to have the Polished Black Anodized Paddle Shifters available in two weeks...at the latest Mid-May.

Yes, we have both our original B1 Paddle Blades and our new B2 Paddle Blades. The B1's are a huge improvement over the factory buttons and offer much better aesthetics and function. The B2 Paddle Blades are swept and angled to deliver more clearance between the factory multi-function levers and give the driver more Paddle for function.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,

Michael Bello S2T Performance Products
    Been looking closely at various pics of your paddles, esp after reading the warnings on your website instructions to not the use steering control stalks when the steering wheel is in other than neutral position. Looks like the steering wheel could get caught cranked over in a turn, and unable to straighten out(!), by a paddle hooking a stalk if one intentionally (flash lights, swipe wipers ) or unintentionally grabbed some control stalk while in a turn. I assume this is a big part of the reason for the redesign of the B2's blades.

Do the new B2 blades pretty much eliminate this risk under typical conditions, which would be ideal, or does one still need to be concerned with where the stalks are relative to the blades while driving/turning/etc ??

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S2T Performance Cadillac CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifter Group-Buy!-ps_0013_police1_t.jpg

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondChildhood View Post
    Been looking closely at various pics of your paddles, esp after reading the warnings on your website instructions to not the use steering control stalks when the steering wheel is in other than neutral position. Looks like the steering wheel could get caught cranked over in a turn, and unable to straighten out(!), by a paddle hooking a stalk if one intentionally (flash lights, swipe wipers ) or unintentionally grabbed some control stalk while in a turn. I assume this is a big part of the reason for the redesign of the B2's blades.

Do the new B2 blades pretty much eliminate this risk under typical conditions, which would be ideal, or does one still need to be concerned with where the stalks are relative to the blades while driving/turning/etc ??

Thanks
    Hello SecondChildhood,

Thank you for your Post!

Cadillac never intended for the CTS/CTS-V to have proper paddle shifters, just buttons. We have this warning on our website to make the customer aware of this 'potential' issue.

It is important to note that we've never had an interference issue with any of our Paddle Shifters (B1 or B2), on any vehicle.

Compared to the original B1 Paddle Blade, the new B2 Paddle Blades offers additional clearance that many customers have found beneficial both functionally and aesthetically.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, or concerns.

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
    S2T Performance Products

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Order placed! Thanks for the group buy price Mr.Bello.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Just ordered the B2 Polished Black Anodized. Thanks for the special offer. Still hard to believe the V doesn't come with either HUD or Paddles. This should remedy one of those issues!

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master357 View Post
    Order placed! Thanks for the group buy price Mr.Bello.
    Hello Master357,

You're very Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by AV8R V View Post
    Just ordered the B2 Polished Black Anodized. Thanks for the special offer. Still hard to believe the V doesn't come with either HUD or Paddles. This should remedy one of those issues!
    Hello AV8R V,

We agree, HUD and decent Paddle Shifters should be available on the V. Perhaps, 2015?

You'll definitely enjoy the new driving experience our Paddle Shifters offer!

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
    S2T Performance Products

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by AV8R V View Post
    Agree with both your frustrations! There's a quick, inelegant, but very useful and very cheap fix to missing HUD. There are a couple really cheap Android apps for your phone essentially called "speedometer" or something similar. I can get the exact name if you wish as soon as I fish my phone out of the toilet. You can lay (lie?) your phone on one of those 3x4" non-skid rubbery mats on your dash, set the app into HUD mode (which inverts it) and get a really useful, highly readable, highly customizable display, perfectly on your windshield, of speed, speed vs trigger zones you set yourself (ie, you can set it to go from green numbers to red at 65mph if your predominant limits are 55, etc). Works SUPER at night, using the gps on your phone, also recording max speed, etc (but only if you wish - you may NOT want to have a readily seizable record of your top speed, average speed, Rosy's phone number, etc, sitting on the dash - just speculating ...).

Have used in it normal (not HUD-inverted) mode on longer motorcycle trips with phone held in RAM bracket off bars, and also HIGHLY READABLE in outside daylight, and again, terrific at night, , due to large, bright, choose your own color, numerals, except in overhead or rear sunlight. Of course it depends on the size of your phone (I'm referring to a Note II), but I assume anyone driving one of our cars would have a proper manly phone, not some girly-girl toy like an I-phone!!!

ANyway, you have to see it to believe how great it is at night -for around $1-2 - and when you want to leave, just take your phone as usual. No big deal

Works in the meantime.

Go easy on GM with the HUD expectations. After all they didn't start that until around the '68 +/- GTO/Judge , and maybe TransAm, or whatever, when it was mounted on the hood!

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

We knew the Polished Black Anodized Finish was going to be popular but, we severely underestimated the demand. We have sold our entire allotment originally set aside and the Polished Black Anodized Finish is currently on a double-Back-Order. However, most of the Polished Black Anodized B2 Paddle Shifters Orders have been shipped and email notifications have been sent.

To fulfill the remaining Back-Orders, we are currently in the process of machining new Cadillac CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifters and we expect to have them available in two weeks.

The original Black Anodized B1 Paddle Shifters and the Silver Anodized B1 and B2 Paddle Shifters are still available.

Thank you,

Michael Bello
    S2T Performance Products

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondChildhood View Post
    Agree with both your frustrations! There's a quick, inelegant, but very useful and very cheap fix to missing HUD. There are a couple really cheap Android apps for your phone essentially called "speedometer" or something similar. I can get the exact name if you wish as soon as I fish my phone out of the toilet. You can lay (lie?) your phone on one of those 3x4" non-skid rubbery mats on your dash, set the app into HUD mode (which inverts it) and get a really useful, highly readable, highly customizable display, perfectly on your windshield, of speed, speed vs trigger zones you set yourself (ie, you can set it to go from green numbers to red at 65mph if your predominant limits are 55, etc). Works SUPER at night, using the gps on your phone, also recording max speed, etc (but only if you wish - you may NOT want to have a readily seizable record of your top speed, average speed, Rosy's phone number, etc, sitting on the dash - just speculating ...).

Have used in it normal (not HUD-inverted) mode on longer motorcycle trips with phone held in RAM bracket off bars, and also HIGHLY READABLE in outside daylight, and again, terrific at night, , due to large, bright, choose your own color, numerals, except in overhead or rear sunlight. Of course it depends on the size of your phone (I'm referring to a Note II), but I assume anyone driving one of our cars would have a proper manly phone, not some girly-girl toy like an I-phone!!!

ANyway, you have to see it to believe how great it is at night -for around $1-2 - and when you want to leave, just take your phone as usual. No big deal

Works in the meantime.

Go easy on GM with the HUD expectations. After all they didn't start that until around the '68 +/- GTO/Judge , and maybe TransAm, or whatever, when it was mounted on the hood!
    Great idea - I have a brand new Samsung Note 3 with a large, full HD resolution screen that this would work GREAT on. Gotta try this out now!

This is a minor thread jacking, but since our paddles are now on back order, I think our vendor will forgive us for keeping ourselves entertained while they work on our product right?

Anyway - GREAT idea with the phone app. Wonder if there are threads elsewhere on this? If not, we should get something going. I bet there's a good market for apps, mounts, and OBD connections to build-your-own HUD for your ride....
    2014 OBM/Titanium CTS-V Wagon "The Blue Whale"
    Auto, All Options, Interior 100% stock.
    Custom touches here and there...needs driver mod badly!
    7xx to 8xx rwhp

2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Black leather interior, 8 Spd ZF Auto, all options
    Pulley and tune
    21" RS6 wheels /Super Sport 285's all around / Lowered on KW's

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    OK!! The new B2 Polished Black Anodized S2T paddles came in yesterday and they looked amazing. I installed them today. Very easy install, took maybe 15 minutes, only because I was trying to be super careful. The first one took ten minutes and the second one took about four minutes.

Allow me to make a few comments addressing the same questions I had before today.

1. How do they look once installed? The color is pretty much perfect for our suede & glossy black stock steering wheel and they look absolutely great as an integral component of the black V interior. They look much better than the factory paddles on the new 2014 Vsports that I've driven. They look kinda edgy and, again, really seem to fit right in with the interior, which is exactly what we were hoping for.

2. How do they shift? In a word, "Great!" Especially considering that this is an after market adaptation of those idiotic and poorly designed Cadillac shifter buttons, these paddles shift very easily and very positively. Just remember that the existing stock buttons are designed to be depressed on the outer 1/2 portion of the button, not the inside portion. So, when you shift with these you just want the same basic type of contact. But, they shift very well no matter where contact is made. There is zero binding of any type. They pivot and move smoothly in all respects.

3. Installation? A breeze. Just remember to follow the directions and insert the bottom pin of the paddle first before gently snapping it in.

4. Location, Placement, and Possible Interference? I have big hands and the way these are designed and angled, they do not in any way interfere with my grip on the steering wheel. They are very easily actuated while still maintaining a positive grip on the wheel. They do not in any way come near the turn signal stalk and, even when the stalk is pulled all the way back to activate the high beams, there is no contact and zero possibility of them touching or snagging.

I've done a lot of after market mods on various nice cars over the years and this is one of the very best, if not the best mod I've ever bought and installed. I would buy these again in a heartbeat and I will be strongly recommending them to every V owner I meet.

Many thanks to Michael Bello and his S2T team for good communications, quick shipping, and one great product. This is the way every automatic V car should have been delivered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S2T Performance Cadillac CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifter Group-Buy!-image.jpg S2T Performance Cadillac CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifter Group-Buy!-image.jpg
    Last edited by AV8R V; 05-25-2014 at 11:25 AM.
    2013 CTS V SEDAN, Black Raven, A6, Recaros, All Options, LPE Elbow w/ K&N Filter, S2T Perf Paddle Shifters, PASSPORT Max

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    ^^ Exactly my experience and impression of the product.
    These paddle shifters are top notch and I would recommend them to anybody.
    There are no additional tweaks needed to be done to them and fitment is perfect.
    2011 CTS-V

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links