Wheel experts? WIDEST 20' REAR RIM SIZE I can go w/2012 coupe - Page 2
Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Wheel experts? WIDEST 20' REAR RIM SIZE I can go w/2012 coupe

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by East_Bay-V View Post
    Man I need a quote on this but gloss black, PM me please. Shipped to 94587
    PM sent. Thanks.

Models below are XF1 Rotary Forged and are available in 20x9, 20x12

Onyx Gloss Black

Arsenic Brushed

Bronzite
    Last edited by BestWheelDeals.com; 05-19-2017 at 06:15 AM. Reason: adding pics

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Another Rotary Forged 19" option for V-Coupe: Cray 19x10, 19x12/2012

Matte Black

Gunmetal

Machined Black
    [/QUOTE]

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubfalco View Post
    Toyo proxes R888 on a TSW Nurburgring wheel.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    I'm running a Sport Cup 2 in a 265/35/20 on a 20x9.5 inch wheel and I have only 3mm of clearance to the suspension parts on the inside and I don't think I could push it out any further without rubbing the fenders.

I'll have to look up that TSW. What's the size and offset again?

I'm wondering if your R888 in a 295 isn't pretty close in size to my 265's. My 264 fronts in the Sport Cup 2 are larger than my 285 stock PS/2 rears. Both are Michelin tires so I was surprised the Cup 2's are SO larger for their marked sidewall size.
    2014 OBM/Titanium CTS-V Wagon "The Blue Whale"
    Auto, All Options, Interior 100% stock.
    Custom touches here and there...needs driver mod badly!
    7xx to 8xx rwhp

2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Black leather interior, 8 Spd ZF Auto, all options
    Pulley and tune
    21" RS6 wheels /Super Sport 285's all around / Lowered on KW's

4. Remove Advertisements
    CTSVOwners.com
    Advertisements

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestWheelDeals.com View Post
    C'mon now professor. You know [in this case] it's all about the offset. Hahaha. I can only get these 19x10 to +40, but you're right. We should be able to run a conservative 265/40 on 19x10 +40. What offsets you have on 9.5?

The wheel below is Rotary Forged 19x10/19x11 [approx 24 lbs] and these I can get 19x10 +45.

I know I know!

I'm not sure on my fronts. I'll have to measure. They are 20x9.5 Forgeline VX3C's and in that size they come in around 21 lbs. I've run a 275/35/20 Michelin Super Sport on them and now a 265/35/20 Sport Cup 2. A 265/40/19 would be a nice tire up front...a tad more sidewall for comfort and a good match for stock. Slightly larger diameter should close the fender gap a little too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    7xx to 8xx rwhp

2015 Audi SQ5 Prestige Glacier White Metallic + Gloss Piano Black trim "Snow White"
    Pulley and tune

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriTexan View Post
    I'm running a Sport Cup 2 in a 265/35/20 on a 20x9.5 inch wheel and I have only 3mm of clearance to the suspension parts on the inside and I don't think I could push it out any further without rubbing the fenders.

I'll have to look up that TSW. What's the size and offset again?

I'm wondering if your R888 in a 295 isn't pretty close in size to my 265's. My 264 fronts in the Sport Cup 2 are larger than my 285 stock PS/2 rears. Both are Michelin tires so I was surprised the Cup 2's are SO larger for their marked sidewall size.
    I see. That's a significant manufacturer sizing difference. I want to say im running 19x9s up front and 19x10s in the rear. John form best wheel deals set me up nice. I paid just over a grand for wheels: in contrast, the tires were 1442$ shipped to my door from tire rack. Lol. Yes my tires cost more than my wheels.

On another note, I shed approx 4-5 pounds of unsprung weight (vs factory wheels) and it along with 100 treadwear rating, and D3 comp springs significantly improved braking time and reduced nose dive. The 295 tire is "The Square Stance" that D3 ran on several cars. Matt farah test drove a sedan featured on The/Drive Network. FWIW. The TSW Nurburgrings, and like 2 others are a lightweight rotary forged wheel that wont blow the budget, but look good at the same time. The only thing that sucks is you can't get custom offsets, hence the reason for me still wanting to find a good wheel tire combo to rum 345s and 295s. 305s look healthy outback, but not compared to those steam rollers

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I see. That's a significant manufacturer sizing difference. I want to say im running 19x9s up front and 19x10s in the rear. John form best wheel deals set me up nice. I paid just over a grand for wheels: in contrast, the tires were 1442$ shipped to my door from tire rack. Lol. Yes my tires cost more than my wheels.

On another note, I shed approx 4-5 pounds of unsprung weight (vs factory wheels) and it along with 100 treadwear rating, and D3 comp springs significantly improved braking time and reduced nose dive. The 295 tire is "The Square Stance" that D3 ran on several cars. Matt farah test drove a sedan featured on The/Drive Network. FWIW. The TSW Nurburgrings, and like 2 others are a lightweight rotary forged wheel that wont blow the budget, but look good at the same time. The only thing that sucks is you can't get custom offsets, hence the reason for me still wanting to find a good wheel tire combo to rum 345s and 295s. 305s look healthy outback, but not compared to those steam rollers

If possible, post some shots, so we can see how the 295s sit on the car. I'll look at your order history and see what we sent out.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    If possible, post some shots, so we can see how the 295s sit on the car. I'll look at your order history and see what we sent out.
    Here's front drivers side: Tir straight, turned full lock left and right. 295 30 R19 R888's Rears are 305 30 R19. TSW Nurburgrings Matte Gunmetal

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    ^^^ Looks really good. I'll have to snap some shots of mine done the same...full lock L/R so we can compare. Good to know folks are getting a 285 and even 295 up front. Buh by plowing and understeer. Well...they at least get some time off!
    7xx to 8xx rwhp

Pulley and tune

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    and in black...http://i.imgur.com/q3lExxd.jpg

thanks Jon!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    ^^^ Looks really good. I'll have to snap some shots of mine done the same...full lock L/R so we can compare. Good to know folks are getting a 285 and even 295 up front. Buh by plowing and understeer. Well...they at least get some time off!
    Thanks TT, the grip is very good. I would do sway bars but dropping the front clip deters me. I've seen ppl purchase sway bars and own tjem for over a year without installing them.

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Here's front drivers side: Tir straight, turned full lock left and right. 295 30 R19 R888's Rears are 305 30 R19. TSW Nurburgrings Matte Gunmetal

Ok, I totally remember your order now. Dude, those are some really good shots. And, I noticed your tires have lots tread left. Why not just run the 305 on 19x12? It'll open up beautifully on 19x12; you can see it's begging for it. Hahaha. Ok. Seriously, 345 or nothing. But R888 do run wide, so your 305 will open on 19x12.

and in black...http://i.imgur.com/q3lExxd.jpg

thanks Jon!
    MJ,

Thank you as well. That is a great angle to show the 20x12 + 345. Thanks for posting.

Last edited by BestWheelDeals.com; 05-23-2017 at 06:19 AM. Reason: adding pics

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Ok, I totally remember your order now. Dude, those are some really good shots. And, I noticed your tires have lots tread left. Why not just run the 305 on 19x12? It'll open up beautifully on 19x12; you can see it's begging for it. Hahaha. Ok. Seriously, 345 or nothing. But R888 do run wide, so your 305 will open on 19x12.

MJ,

Thank you as well. That is a great angle to show the 20x12 + 345. Thanks for posting.

John,
    Im glad you remembered my order. If I had a 19x12 I'd run a 345 over a 305 all day. On the other hand, I love the color/texture and fit/finish of the TSW Nurburgrings. They also cut down on unsprung weight significantly. Wish they made custom offsets.😊 I'll consider the closest style to the Nurburgrings.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Have you had time to snap some photos of your front wheels and tires Tri?

Vendor
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    John,
    Im glad you remembered my order. If I had a 19x12 I'd run a 345 over a 305 all day. On the other hand, I love the color/texture and fit/finish of the TSW Nurburgrings. They also cut down on unsprung weight significantly. Wish they made custom offsets.😊 I'll consider the closest style to the Nurburgrings.

Closest style will be F14, but looking 4 - 7 weeks to ship.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    yes the car is lowered. I've got the Eibach lowering springs... I think its at 1.25" rear drop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links