Welcome to the Cadillac CTS-V Forum at CTSVOwners.com.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)

All Season tires - Pics

We have VERY limited choices when it comes to All Season tires, and for me, this was a MUST HAVE for Ohio weather. I have gone the route of dedicated snow tires before but that was for the birds. I do not carve corners with the car, and if I ended up at the drag strip, I would just throw on a set of spare rear wheels with slicks or drag radials. I really do not do that much anymore, and just want to enjoy the car on the street with how I drive. So, choices for All Season tires are really limited due to the odd 19" wheel size and we have choices of Continental, Bridgestone, and Michelin. Sizes are all jacked up as well since the front is not offered anywhere as a 265 wide tire... which is DESPERATELY needs. The rear can increase in width, which it also needs. So, after all my choices... three to be exact... I went with the Bridgestone RE 970AS Pole position tires. They are high performance all season tires that have performed very well so far. The ride is good, no vibrations/pulling, no noise and they feel as confident as the Michelin's ever did. To me, I have not sacrificed anything by going with this tire. Sizes were 255/35 - 19 (front), and 295/30 - 19 (rear). Attached are pictures... and... the car will now need to be lowered at some point. Not something I really wanted to do though.
    CIMG1360.jpg
    CIMG1363.jpg
    CIMG1362.jpg
    CIMG1364.jpg

WhO mE?
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    You car looks like it has a lift kit! LOL It's good to hear/see other tire options.

BTW, I'm not impressed AT ALL with the looks of your SW muffler. It's already rusting after a few months? The welds don't look impressive either.
    American Racing Headers
    Eibach's
    9.5 Pulley
    Cold Air
    160 stat
    Vette Doctors tune

560 RWHP 568 RWTQ
    10.84@127.9

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Yeah... I could not avoid that and it looks like I am now forced into lowering springs.
    The mufflers are dirty and I have been meaning to get up and clean them... just didn't do that yet. I am going to clean up those welds and see what I can do to protect them more.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Looks ok, I do hate switching wheels/tires every winter.
    Re: the exhaust I thought it was all stainless steel?
    10' Sedan Blk/Blk Manual
    Dynojet Dyno 7/2/2014 700+whp/700+tq E85

Tuned by Justin Meyers at Modern Muscle, Squash Performance Fuel System, DSX Flex-Fuel Sensor, Centerforce DYAD clutch, American Racing Headers/no cats to stock exhaust, stock blower & snout, stock 3" upper, 9.5" lower, solid isolator, ID850, LSA ported/polished heads, ARP head studs, GT11 camshaft, 680lft springs, titanium ret, Caddy racing lifters, Ported LS7 by Jentzer, Dynospeed CAI w/green filter, piggy back heat exchanger, Moroso catch can, 680 green belt, tr6 plugs, MSD plug wires, PLX M300 Wideband

Administrator
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    Man i cant wait to get the 265 40 19s in the front of mine. 305 35 19 in rear look perfect.
    2011 CTS-V --- PORTED BLOWER/LT1Z CAM/WCCH HEADS/ORIGINAL NORCAL HX TANK

2011 ESCALADE--- 16/14 Wilwoods, Esky 24" reps, NORCAL SS Custom 3/5 Lowering Kit, Ported Manifold, LT1Z TUNE, 14.5@97

If you have any questions on suspensions give me a hollar im around 24/7 415 519 2432 my name is Tony. Specializing in 09+ CTS-V and all model years GM TRUCKS/SUVS.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    How is the ride? Yeah it looks like you may have to go with some springs, unless you get a lot of snow that may e perfect.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    The ride is just fine with the tires. They have performed well in both dry and wet conditions so far.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    For some reason those rears don't look like 295s in your picture. But aside from the 4x4 look the tires don't look bad for all seasons. I'm hoping my summer only tires hold up in the Atlanta winter.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I call BS (Given)
    I call BS (Received)
    I have quite a few miles on these tires now and finally got a chance to let it rip in the snow last night. These tires had no issue with the snow, slush, or ice. I was pleasantly surprised. I knew they were awesome in the summer months, rain, and now they perform just fine in the snow. These are a great alternative if you don't want to switch tires around from summer to winter. I will get some updated pictures of these on the car now that they are broke in.

Links